• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Hey Guys, its been a while since I last posted but grats on all of the recent shinies! I Just hatched my shiny Emolga on 478 eggs! I also recently evolved my Zigzagoon into a Linoone. Good luck to all those hunting and grats on the recent shinies

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to TheMaster327 on Lapras, Lorde on Reshiram, LilyValley on Latias, taufik386 on Latias, Paraqua on Furfrou x2, wobbanut on Patrat, Numel, and reclaiming Koffing, Razorbadger on Oddish, Shiny Lord on Audino and Staryu, Keovix on Regirock, Cyberra on Snivy and Finneon (and the six Remoraid... sort of?), maldoror on Tirtouga and Cranidos, Aesnath on Phanpy x3, Pokepro1992 on Golbat, GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Flabebe and Rufflet, Zekromaster826 on Emolga, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to pokemaster13 for the luck!

It finally happened, guys! I caught a shiny Reshiram after 7727 SRs!

I'm beyond thrilled to have finally caught this thing. I almost stopped at 7700 SRs for the day but thought "nah, I'll try to make it to 7800 at least," and I'm so glad I pushed on! I did end up using my Master Ball on it though - I'd been planning to catch it in a Premier or Luxury Ball, but I'd been using my Latios' Dragonbreath (followed by Hold Back from Metagross) to weaken it in test runs, and I was too afraid of accidentally knocking out the shiny. It's not a huge deal, though. I named Reshiram Regal, and it has a Gentle nature (Modest sync failed unfortunately) and perfect IVs in Defense, Special Attack and Speed, plus a 30 IV in Special Defense. In the end it doesn't really matter, it's still a shiny freakin' Reshiram. XD

After this successful hunt, I restarted Omega Ruby and got my eagerly anticipated BQ underway with 50 SRs for Treecko, which is one of my all-time favorite shinies. Haven't really worked on my other projects lately, but hoping to get one last bit of hunting in before I go back to school on Monday. Until then, good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially RedJirachi and pokemaster13!

Last edited:

taufik386

thanks to razorbadger, keovix, pokemaster13, crimsonpenguin and congrats to you too and everyone else.

today, that fire mouse finally hatched after 1735 eggs.
so far, this is my longest MM breeding.
thank god, it has flash fire and IV spread missing in defence.

now i can go for oshawott or digglett.

on going hunting, uxie reached 580 SRs in AS
yesterday, i just started SRing for Ho oh in OR. At 100 SRs now.
and roggenrolla reached 240 eggs.

congrats everyone on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

Shiny Lord

So after a chain of 361 Dex Nav encounters, I caught a shiny Minccino! It has its hidden ability as well. IV's are not great though. But oh well. At least all my efforts weren't wasted. I was almost out of revives.(all of my pokemon kept struggling till they fainted and then I would revive them.)

#572 Minccino [Impish]
IVs: 12, 13 / 11, 12, 13 / 28 / 2, 3, 4 / 18, 19 / 3, 4, 5
Stats at Lv.38: 94|0 / 47|0 / 50|0 / 32|0 / 42|0 / 63|0

Keovix

Congrats to Cyberra on Remoraid, Snivy and Finneon, maldoror on Tirtuoga and Cranidos, Poképro1992 on Golbat, GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Flabebe and Rufflet, Zekromaster826 on Emolga, Crimson Penguin on Reshiram, taufik386 on Cyndaquil, Shiny Lord on Minccino and everyone else on your shinies :)

So happy 'cos shiny Landorus appeared in OR, quick capture aswell with a Luxury ball, it has Timid nature (sync did work this time) and Landorus has perfect IV's in HP, Attack, Sp.Attack and Speed, both of it's Def IV's are low, very happy with this shiny.

And here's the Kami Trio together, they look so cool.

Now I'll try and complete the Creation Trio with shiny Palkia, still hunting Registeel in AS.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
At about 500 srs for Azelf so no frustration yet. I just don't know if I want to attempt more SRS after this or if I want to try my hand at MM'ing or Chaining.

Special congrats to CrimsonPenguin for catching that long due Reshiram, Zekromaster826 on Emolga, GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on flabebe, Cyberra for the rarely hunted Finneon, Pokepro on the Golbat, Aesnath on the Phanpy, maldorar on Tirtouga, Keovix on the Regirock, and anyone else I missed.

Definite good luck to Cpchris and RedJirachi seeing how they have both already passed the odds.

EDIT: Another 500 srs added last night. I made the mistake of moving my cartridge to my older 3DS so I had to stop there.

Last edited:

ohjeezitskim

Still on my MM for Snivy - Pretty sure it's over 1,000 at this point
(and I say pretty sure because I still don't remember if I put 100 eggs in the total count or not. So it's either 975 or 1,075 lol)
Congrats to Cyberra who got their Snivy! Although it didn't have HA, still a good looking shiny! Would you continue to get an HA one?
I think if mine hatches with Overgrow I might continue for about 500 more and then switch to Meinfoo/Larvitar or maybe try and get
an HA Johto starter! I have 2 shiny Totodile and a Cyndaquil already but they are two of my favorites and I may want another 0:)

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
After being inactive for a while I decided to grab up my DS again and do some MM hunting,
after 145 Eggs I got my shiny Nosepass and goodness its perfect too ! I'm totally back in action !

[img139]http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados-shiny/nosepass.gif[/img139][img139]http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/images/thumb/7/72/Grid_Ultra_Ball.png/16px-Grid_Ultra_Ball.png[/img139]
Gender: Male (Thank goodness its male, female probopass is weird)
Nature: Calm
Abillity: Magnet Pull
IV's: 31/x/31/31/31/31
- Wide Guard
- Block

Perfect shiny hatch ! This made my day :)

TheEliteEmpoleon

Haven't posted for a while because I've been on and off with Regice. At around 7k though. Spring break is here, so my goal is to get it by the end. Good luck everyone!

Meowth City

Staff member
[img300]http://i.imgur.com/IHvB4f9.jpg[/img300]
[img300]http://i.imgur.com/onPAJnE.jpg[/img300]
MY FIRST LEGENDARY SHINY!! :D

After 336 Run Aways, Latias shined! I have always loved this shiny, so when I heard about the run away method, I wanted to try my luck. I have the Shiny Charm, so that must have up my odds a lot because I honestly did not expect it to shine that quick!

The battle was pretty intense. It kept breaking out of its Pokeballs. It started to use Struggle and it was in the red, so I didn't want to risk it. One more Struggle would have definitely killed it, so I went ahead and used my Master Ball. I have three, so it's no big deal.

I also caught a shiny Feebas via the chain fishing method. Nothing too special, as it was an easy shiny.

I saw my first shiny wild Pokemon today. It was a graveler I found with rock smash on mirage island 2 in alpha sapphire. I was not able to catch it because it used self destruct as its first move.

Shiny Lord

Just hatched a shiny darumka after 50 eggs.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I saw my first shiny wild Pokemon today. It was a graveler I found with rock smash on mirage island 2 in alpha sapphire. I was not able to catch it because it used self destruct as its first move.

>.o Ouch... I would recommend catching something with the Damp ability, like poliwhirl, and using it as a lead. Graveler can't blow up then.

After 3 days of trying, six remoraid, and more broken chains than you could shake a stick at, I have FINALLY found my second shiny clamperl! Another female, lonely nature, caught in a net ball (I'd meant to throw a nest ball, because it matches shiny huntail nicely...). I am so freaking done with route 12 now >.<

Terrakion is at 6,100 SRs. Larvitar is at 110 eggs.

Edit: Shiny larvitar from egg 177! Holy crap I was not expecting it to shine this fast o.o Normally the shinies with the long hatch cycles like to be evil and take FOREVER to hatch. He's jolly and alert to sounds, with the ability Guts. Still have to go check his IVs, after I hatch these last three eggs.

If Google Translate is to be believed, his name means "crusher" in Welsh

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/picture%207589_zpscl1nuobh.jpg[/img139]

Think next I'm gonna hatch some cottonee just for the heck of it, not worrying about natures or IVs. I just want a shiny whimsicott.

Last edited:

taufik386

congrats everyones on you recent shinies

as for me, while i'm watching shrek 4, shiny Uxie decided to appear. Total 639 SRs.
Calm sync didn't work, i got timid instead.
after Uxie, i'll go for Dialga next.

Ho-Oh reached 250 SRs, Roggenrolla at 420 eggs and Oshawott at 180 eggs. all of them still counting.

good luck everyones on your current hunting

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
The drought is real y'all. I've been hunting quite a bit for the past week now but Lileep or Articuno just won't shine. I'm pretty sure Lileep is over odds by now which fits right in since everything I've gotten on this badge quest has gone over odds so far lol. No idea how much I have done for Articuno, but I didn't start seriously SRing it until this week, so probably not that far in. Welp, hopefully something gives soon!

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone!

Phillies

I've caught the following shinies since the last time I posted. Drifblim, Farfetch'd, Chansey, Gabite, Pansear, Dedenne, Gothorita, Doduo & Mudkip. Just caught a Cobalion.

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Hey guys, congrats on all the new shinies since my last post.

The drive to shiny hunt hasn't been there recently, so I haven't got a lot of hunting done since I caught that shiny Entei. I've been having more fun with other games, so shiny hunting wasn't on my mind all that much.

Today I woke up with the flu, as well as an extremely bad right arm/shoulder. I couldn't use my arm all that much, so I decided to gather Snivy eggs. I managed to get 8 boxes of them after a few hours so I decided to hatch them. The first box came out shinyless, as usual, so I started working on the second. I was busy talking to Nakashima and TheMaster327 while I was hatching the eggs in my party.

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_0272_zps5f2pht2y.jpg[/img139]

And the 3rd egg in my party was SHINY! I was so hoping that it would get Contrary for its ability:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/ASOR/IMG_0275_zpsyr69ekvn.jpg[/img139]

It ended up with Overgrow, what a disappointment. I really wanted it to have Contrary, but it decided to troll me for the 5th MMd shiny starter hunt in a row to fail at getting the hidden ability. I still have several boxes of eggs to hatch, I'm hoping that I get a second shiny with the right ability, but frankly I don't see that happening.

More pics:

Closeup of the hatching screen
Shiny Snivy
Timid nature

I checked his IVs and it has 31/31/x/31/31/31. Not quite sure if missing the flawless Defense means much, as I won't be using this shiny anyways. I'm going to keep at the shiny Contrary Snivy hunt, hopefully the next bugger gets the right ability >_>.

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Forgot to say, but last week I was able to hatch a shiny Tepig :)
Its Jolly with 31/31/31/x/31/31... without its HA xD. So its something :p Also a few mins ago I hatched a shiny Oshawott, again without its HA ><.(Not having luck on getting them)
So now only Snivy is missing from the Unova Starters, hope it gets its HA :)
Gratz to all the new shinies everyone and keep up on the hunts!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
.........I haven't check, but I have a feeling many of you put up your vote in this thread instead of VM-ing me, even though I've mentioned in my last post that you all should VM me for the vote :p

I mean, almost one week and only 3 votes? That can't be right xD

I'll wait until the 31st for the votes, then reveal the April CH in April 1st.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
I caught a shiny Feebas the other night. I was bored so I figured I might as well do some chain fishing. I forgot how many chains I had going before I found the shiny Feebas but it still made really happy that I was got one.

That was my first shiny as well.