• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

razor fire

Congratulations to everyone and I'm really sorry to hear about your lost Lugia, Aesnath :(

HOly cow!
A little over 30 soft resets and regigigas actually shone!
It got Hasty nature so synchronizer didn't work this time either, but I ain't even mad :p

Now I'm wondering if I should try a Omega Ruby BQ or not. I want to enjoy that game as much as possible but I'm afraid lingering around for a shiny pokemon for each badge will only make the game feel tedious. What do you guys think?

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all recent shinies and sorry to hear about your failed attempt at lugia, Aesnath.

I was breeding for a modest natured Vulpix with it's hidden abillity Drought. I bred 5 eggs to be sure that at least one of them would still have the drought abillity. When hatching the last egg, to my complete surprise, a shiny female Vulpix hatched. Though she didn't have her hidden abillity and only having perfect IV's in HP, Attack and Defense. But it was still surprising to hatch a shiny Vulpix so quickly since I didn't use the Masuda Method though I did have the shiny charm.

Good luck to all future shinies

Keovix

Congrats to serpent222 on Eevee and Dunsparce, ShinningKnightXY on Azelf, razor fire on Regice and Regigigas, Razorbadger on Bagon, Mewtwo Ex on Mewtwo, Shiny Lord on Eevee, PegasusxSeiya on Torchic, taufik386 on Reshiram, Cyberra on Goldeen and Terrakion, Nibbles4Ever on Pawniard, Aesnath on Zubat, meepooh on Venomoth, wobbanut on Ratticate, Swadloon and Gligar, Crimson Penguin on Noibat, Paraqua on Vulpix and everyone else on your shinies :)

Thanks for the congrats to Razorbadger, Cpchris, Supremacy and Crimson Penguin!

Sorry about your lost Lugia, Aesnath :(

Palkia shone in OR, it looks so nice as a 3d model, ended up catching it with a Heal Ball, Palkia has Gentle nature and perfect IV's in HP, Attack and Sp.Attack.

Don't know what to hunt next in OR, maybe one of the Swords Of Justice trio.
For Regigigas in AS, I've already done all the steps required to encounter the legendary, but I haven't faced him yet. I'm so hooked to Pokemon Rumble World I don't have any time left to shiny hunt these last few days, will start the hunt this weekend though.

The Steelix hunt in HG/SS keeps going, so far I've done 4990 RE's.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts.

After approx 10,000 fossils revived, Omanyte finally shined! Neutral nature and decent stats, but I don't care at this point. That hunt is over!

On to Kabuto!

TheEliteEmpoleon

Mesprit still hasn't shone for me. I've been playing Rumble World since Wednesday though, so hunting hasn't been a priority. Starting to get bored with it already though. I'll probably hunt a lot tonight, and pass 2500 srs. Good luck!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts.

After approx 10,000 fossils revived, Omanyte finally shined! Neutral nature and decent stats, but I don't care at this point. That hunt is over!

On to Kabuto!

My advice? Try and revive on XY or ORAS with the shiny charm. There it'll be quicker

taufik386

got shiny dialga last night.
it's kinda funny, cause i fall asleep for a while when SRing.
then suddenly i wake up and see shiny dialga was there :D
modest sync worked.

palkia still on going, reached 150 SRs
rogenrolla at 1260 eggs, bonsly at 420 eggs,
and just started for giratina.

serpent222

May as well update, since it's a new page. Congrats on all of the recent shinies. Especially to Maldoror and Cyberra on their really long hunts.

I haven't found my shiny Combee. I did get a shiny Illumise and Pinsir while looking in the friend safari.

Over in ORAS, I'm 130 SR's in for Cresselia.

Bunnelby01

So I was bored running around a dragon safari and managed to find my first shiny! Male Shiny Noibat witg Alert to Sounds! :D

Last edited:

Eon Hero

soaring the skyes...
I started a masuda breed charmander. I'm going in 60 eggs and no luck... I may try a shiny forakie next but I fear that when it hatches it won't have protean... that would really be a let down

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I've been SRing on and off for a shiny Latias for awhile now and after setting aside some time to seriously try and find it, it shines in less than an hour! I'm very happy my hunt is finally over but also sad because there aren't any other shiny Pokemon I want to go for. Still, Good Luck to everyone and congrats for your shiny Pokemon.

pikachu780

The only dendenne
I just got really lucky on wonder trade with a shiny protean greninja.best thing I've got on wondertrade since my shiny krookodile.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Hey, all.

I haven't posted in ages... again :p I want to try and get into the habit of posting once a week, because shiny hunting has been very tedious for me lately, just focussing on the one hunt. I'm still doing my SS BQ and I'm still on Route 33. I've made it up to 23,859 REs now with no luck. To be honest, I only decided to post here again because I saw CpChris mention me so I felt like I haven't been forgotten xD But, still, I feel like the support from this thread will help me to keep going. I did get Pokerus, and noticed somehow without it becoming non-contagious, so I guess that's something.

Anyway, good luck to everyone hunting! It's too many posts for me to go back and read now, but I'll try and pop in and see where everyone's at every now and then.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
First off, congratulations on all the new Shinies that people acquired these past few days. I've done around 100 more horde encounters for a Shiny on Route 5 on my Y version these past few days, and this morning I did like 55 SRs for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt. Good luck to Roseheart95 and others btw.

TheMaster327

Well, that took a while. Gathered 10 boxes this batch, and this pops out of the 8th egg of the batch (1,838th egg total)

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0045_zpsap2vswkn.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Ralts :) Ralts is male and Gentle nature, with IVs 31/31/x/31/31/31 (I'll get back to you on that Defense IV, got 9+ boxes still to hatch lol)

Also has Egg Moves Encore, Memento, Shadow Sneak and Destiny Bond :)

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
This was on OR with the shiny charm.

Oh. OH. Huh-every time I Soft-Reset in Gen 6, I get it over relatively quickly. And I don't have a shiny charm. Maybe I'm just lucky

Nakashima

Congratulations to Scrufox86 on Kabuto, Cyberra on Gogoat Basculin Ivysaur Goldeen and Terrakion, MurderofKrow on Latias and Ho-oh, Meowth City on Phantump and Magikarp, Serpent222 on Registeel Regice Eevee and Dunsparce, nickM on Lugia, Paraqua on Buneary and Vulpix, Shiny Lord on Eevee x2, Keovix on Regice and Palkia, ShiningKnightXY on Azelf, razor fire on Regice and Regigigas, Razorbadger on Bagon, Mewtow Ex on Mewtwo, PegasusxSeiya on Torchic, taufik286 on Reshiram (though 1327 is hardly "finally".) Ponyta Feebas and Dialga, Nibbles4Ever on Pawniard, meepooh on Venomoth, wobbanut on Raticate Swadloon and Gligar, Crimson Penguin on Noibat, maldoror on Omanyte, Bunnelby01 on Noibat, Strongbad456 on Latias, Greninja360 on Relicanth, and TheMaster327 on Ralts (and may day care lad burn!)

Im so sorry for you losing that Lugia, Aesnath! :( Can understand you're upset. I hope you have a quick reclaim hunt if you do decide to try and reclaim it!

Thanks for the congratulations, everyone! Feels really good to be back to hunting, and to have completed my collection of Eevee!

---

I finally finished training my shiny eeveelutions to lvl 100. Really, I have no idea why I feel the need to train all my shinies to lvl 100, but so far, all of them are. Kind of makes me wonder how long I'll really be able to keep that up for, as I train them up in X, rather than ORAS, because reasons I dont understand myself. Just kind of feel like X is more "my game" than AS is, for some reason. Eh, whatever, I got them trained up and thats really all that matters in that respect :)

Which also means that I'll be actually focussing on hunting again! I've done a great total of 0 additional SRs for Snivy, so I'm still at 10,700. I've been so caught up in training the eeveelutions that I've not found the time or energy to do any SRs. But I should be able to get going with that starting tomorrow! Even easier on monday, as my lap-desk will come in that day, allowing me to SR without violently murdering my elbows. I'll be trying to do at least 250 SRs a day starting on Monday, which I'm aware isnt too much, but hey, have to start back up somewhere right? Hoping to get at least 50 done tomorrow, but will probably be pressed for time, as the husband and I have plans to actually go outside (SHOCK AND HORROR!). Should be able to push 50 SRs in in between dinner and bedtime though!

---

Good luck to everyone on their hunts, especially those of you with long, drawn out ones! (You know who you are!!)

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Aesnath on Zubat (sorry, missed it the first time through), Cyberra on Terrakion, razor fire on Regigigas, Paraqua on Vulpix, Keovix on Palkia, maldoror on Omanyte, taufik386 on Dialga, serpent222 on Illumise and Pinsir, Bunnelby01 on Noibat, StrongBad456 on Latias, Greninja360 on Relicanth, pikachu780 on Greninja, TheMaster327 on Ralts, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to Cpchris, Keovix, and Nakashima for the congrats!

Wow. I'm kind of speechless right now. So I was just playing through my Black 2 Nuzlocke, training up my team against some Audinos on Route 11 to prepare for Drayden's Gym. I'd been going at it for about 40 minutes or so, when I stepped into a patch of shaking grass... and was greeted by a random shiny Gliscor!

I just stared at my screen in shock for a minute - it was the first random shiny I've encountered in over a year. And not to mention, I never expected in a million years to ever find a shiny during my Nuzlocke. Being a shiny hunter first and foremost, of course, I'd already decided at the start of the challenge that I would use whatever means necessary to catch any shinies I encountered, even if it wasn't the first Pokemon on the route (which the Gliscor wasn't). I considered attacking it before I thought "nah, let's just throw a ball at it first to see what happens," and lo and behold, I caught it with the first Ultra Ball. It's a female named Glinda, with a Naive nature and the Sand Veil ability. Even though I can't use her according to the Nuzlocke rules, I'm quite pleased with this unexpected treat. ^_^

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially ohjeezitskim, Cpchris, RaichuArcanine, Roseheart95, Lorde, and Nakashima!