• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Phillies

Finally. After encountering 7 shiny Zubats and at least 23 shiny Whismur I finally got a shiny Axew. It took a lot longer than I was hoping for.

Growlie19

Congrats to all the recent shinies!

I was going back into Black 2 to transfer some hidden ability Pokémon when I decided to shiny hunt while I was there. Turns out that was a good idea, as an orange Cottonee appeared in Pinwheel Forest! Puffball is level 63 and has a perfect special defense IV. She's even timid with HP Fire! She came with Infiltrator, but that nothing an Ability Capsule can't solve!

Good luck to everyone hunting!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
:D After 1,092 eggs, a purple glameow finally hatches! He's male, jolly nature, and capable of taking hits, with the ability Own Tempo. Was hoping for Keen Eye/Defiant, but meh. Shiny glameow ^_^

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/023_zpspqe7zdgo.jpg[/img139]

New MM is skitty. Have 20 eggs hatched already.

Latias is at 2,300 SRs

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Well, I have had no successful chains since the Gothita duo, and for that reason I went back to soft-resetting. I could have done Mesprit or Uxie, but for some reason I wanted to hunt for Regice. I was only 28 resets in when it shone and I was in shock in how quick that was as I have never had a hunt that quick. My modest sync worked and its 3 perfect IVs are Sp. Def, Def, and a useless Atk.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts.

EDIT: I have now started hunting Regirock, I am at about 100 srs. I hope Regice didnt leech my luck.

Last edited:

Bliz

You can call me Bliz
Dang the luck on that Regice! nice job man :) and congrats on the shiny glameow!

2,311 encounters on magikarp. been a week so far and want him to shine soon!

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I've barely touched my Groudon hunt, but I've been trying here and there. I really want to wrap this up, but I'm simply losing interest in it. If something would really keep my focus, it'd be hatching a shiny in Y, but I don't want to begin another hunt while I still have this and Kyogre to find.

Phillies

Congratulations to everyone who completed their shiny hunts and good luck to those who didn't.

My shinies for the week are Zubat x 3, Whismur x 2, Zigzagoon x 2, Axew, Wingull, Zangoose, Gothita & Surskit. I also just lost a Seviper in a horde encounter do to the Zangoose killing it.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to Sito on Regirock, Paraqua on Tyrunt, wobbanut on Cacnea and Darumaka, Yoitsdaffy on Solosis, Aesnath on Shroomish x2, Alexander18 on Amoongus, Growlie19 on Cottonee, Cyberra on Glameow, ShiningKnightXY on Regice, and everyone else!

--------

Finally! After over a month, my drought ends!! Shiny Lileeppppp!

This took ~8.9k soft resets! I really wanted this hunt to end so I went pretty hard the last few days with hunting and while watching Once Upon a Time tonight it finally shone! That picture does it no justice, its much more vibrant in person, such a beautiful shiny <3. The nature is lonely (+Atk -Def), so not too good, but I'm just glad this hunt is finally over! Anyways, after I'm done with Norman I'll look around for where to hunt next, hopefully there are some good options or I may have to backtrack to an earlier route. The rest of the hunts for this BQ will definitely be RE, I have been in major SR mode with Lileep, Rotom and Articuno lol So a RE hunt sound really nice right now.

Alright, good luck guys! Also, take it easy Nakashima! Hope everything goes smoothly with the pregnancy and all. :]

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
CH completion list updated~

Also, I was very sure I already posted this a few days ago, turns out I didn't. Oh well.

You all can start PM-ing me suggestion for the May CH :D

Voting time will then start at around the 23rd-25th.

PegasusxSeiya

Shiny Hunter
Got myself a shiny Zorua!! Thank you dexnav :D CH completed

I am much better at dexnav chaining than I am at the radar. I still don't have very much luck in shiny finding with the dexnav, but at least I can get to 100+ chain as opposed to only getting to 10-12 chain on the radar lol.

Congrats on finally getting that Lileep, Supremacy! I've yet to SR for a fossil, you have amazing patience.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
And finally, I get not-another-ditto from the friend safari! After 2,719 encounters, a pink monkey appears in front of me. Shiny aipom! She put up quite a fight, though... did not want to get caught. But eventually I did manage to snag her in a heal ball. She's bold and mischievous, with the ability Run Away. I've already evolved her to ambipom.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/025_zps3vycgptg.jpg[/img139]

Now if only minccino would cooperate...

Latias is at 2,600 SRs. Skitty is at 200 eggs.

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
It's been a week since Shiny Throh fled, and I am so happy because...[img139]http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t507/RaichuUploader/Shiny%20Pokemon/IMG_8404_zps8yxfvpxd.jpg[/img139] Shiny Sandshrew after only 891 SR's, and 4,452 seen at the Game Corner! It was the second one in my party. She really suprised me, I was just getting to 900 before I went in the shower and I saw it right away and gasped! I am so happy :D. On this Soulsilver game, I'm not doing a Badge Quest, I'm doing a shiny team. Basically I want a team of shinies, and now I have this beauty I'm halfway there(this is the same file I got my Shiny Meganium Herbie on on the 1st day of 2013 after only 500 or so SR's and Shiny Alakazam Lucian from the very same game corner). This file is lucky it seems haha. Sandslash is also my third favourite pokemon after Raichu and Arcanine and I want my six favourite pokemon shiny, so this is even more awesome. Also, naughty nature and Hates to Lose is for attack :). I will name her Terria. Her IV's are: 6/9/29/26/31/19. Flawless Special Defence is an added bonus ^_^. Also, since Throh ran away I am not counting it toward my shiny total which means that she is also my fiftieth shiny! :D. So so happy <3. Here's some more pics:
As you can see Entei decided to appear as I was taking the sparkles pic xD. My plan now is to level her up until she evolves at level 22, beat Whitney, then wait until Friday so I can start the hunt for my next target, Lapras! I will also be hatching Rufflet on White when I feel up to it, that hunt is on a measly 5 eggs atm haha. Congrats on all these shinies, and best of luck to all! :D Thanks to all those who have been wishing me luck too :).
~RaichuArcanine~

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Hi, all,

Just a quick update to say that my first shiny Ekans has evolved into an Arbok, and I've started my SRs for Bill's Eevee. I'm at 357 SRs so far and still feeling pretty motivated :)

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

Late Friday afternoon, Aerodactyl shined! I am not sure how many groups of thirty fossils it took, but it was only a couple of days of SRs. I am now going for Shieldon to complete the fossils in ORAS available via rock smash. Once Shieldon shines, I will boot up X and start looking for Lileep and Anorith fossils to trade over to OR for SRing.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
My over odds curse has finally been broken!!

YESSS! Ok, so after defeating Norman I noticed the new routes I got access to weren't any good, so I decided to backtrack to route 113 in hopes of magnet-pulling a shiny Skarmory and after only ~710 REs it shone!! After like, 6 over-odds hunt I finally get a quickie and its my target :] The battle went longer than expected, I forgot that Skarmory has a pretty low catch rate but after 10+ balls, paralyzing it and weakening it a bit with Lileep's giga drain it was caught. It ended up with, basically, the best nature for it, impish! No sync at all since I was magnet pulling so that was pretty lucky, and it has the right ability in sturdy. I don't usually do this with my BQ shinies, but I may actually EV train this one lol. Anyways, I already know what my next target is since I've been patiently waiting to get to this point so I can finally hunt it, shiny Speal/Sealeo! Yup, I've been wanting a shiny Walrein for awhile now and Shoal Cave is my best bet, hopefully Zubat doesn't shine but even if it does, I'm willing to phase for that shiny Walrein <3.

Gratz on the recent shinies, especially RaichuArcanine on Sandshrew! Good luck everyone! :]

Edit: Nevermind, since I have found myself at Mt. Pyre, I've decided to stop and hunt here instead. I'll save Shoal Cave for last! Can't go wrong with Mt. Pyre since I don't have shiny Shuppet or Duskull, so I'm good with either shining, although I'm kinda hoping for Duskull more.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Went back into the normal safari to continue my hunt for minccino, and after 2 REs a second pink aipom appears. She's serious and mischievous, with Run Away. And she's about to enter the wonder trade system to make someone very surprised.

Latias is at 3,000 SRs. Skitty is at 430 eggs.

Edit: After 257 REs, my third blue ditto has appeared. This one is calm and likes to thrash about, with the ability Limber. It has max IVs in ATK and SPD. Into wonder trade it goes...

Edit #2: Shiny skitty after 469 eggs! He's male, lax natured, and takes plenty of siestas, with the ability Normalize.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/027_zpsgfamxf8n.jpg[/img139]

After I evolve him to delcatty, I'm going to start MMing frillish. Trying to decide if I want both forms of shiny frillish, or if I'll take just one. Hm...

Last edited:

Keovix

Congrats to GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Pumpkaboo, Sito on Regirock, Cyberra on Ditto, Aimpom and Glameow, ShiningKnightXY on Gothita and Regice, Paraqua on Tyrunt, wobbanut on Cacnea and Darumaka, YoItsDaffy on Solosis, i2i on Shuppet, Aesnath on Shroomish, Alexander18 on Amoongus, Phillies on Axew, Growlie19 on Cottonee, Supremacy on Lileep and Skarmory, PegasusxSeiya on Zorua, RaichuArcanine on Sandshrew, maldoror on Aerodactyl, and everyone else on your shinies :)

Thanks for the congrats to Supremacy, Aesnath, Cpchris and Nakashima!

Another extremely fast hunt happened today, Regigigas shone after 89 SR's in AS, since my last post I was SR Terrakion in OR a little bit (so far 216 SR's) and only 5 SR's for Regigigas 'cos I was playing a lot of Rumble World and Shuffle in that 3DS, so today I decided to do some SR's and it shone, I didn't even had the sound on, so you can imagine my surprise when I saw the blue and white giant, also the battle was super fast, after False Swipe and Sleep Powder I caught it with the first Luxury Ball, sync also worked this time and Regigigas is Adamant with perfect IV's in HP, Sp.Attack, Def and Speed, it's Attack IV is 20-21.

A couple of photos with the regis together

Will start hunting the Lake Guardians now, the Steelix hunt in HG/SS hasn't seen much progress lately.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

Growlie19

Congrats to all the new shinies!

I was breeding Heatmor for Wonder Trade Wednesday when the 13th one shined! He has a mild nature and has 5 perfect IVs (missing special attack T_T ). He was bred with Body Slam, Belch, Night Slash, and Heat Wave and even has its hidden ability: White Smoke! The dark red and black really works with Heatmor, one of my more favorite shiny palettes.

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

Shieldon shined! It was the last fossil available via rock smash in ORAS I needed. I am going to do some mirage spot REs for a while and then start collecting fossils on X.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten a shiny recently.

Latios is at 12,000 RA's. Pretty over this hunt right now. But if I stop now then I will have wasted countless hours of button mashing.

Good luck everyone!