• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Meowth City on Budew, AquaRegisteel on Camerupt, Twilit Dragoon on Clefairy, Razorbadger on Reshiram, Crimson Penguin on Treecko, gamer_legend on Poliwhirl, Growlie19 on Goldeen, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thank you for the good luck, Crimson Penguin :)

-----------

Finished getting Meganium and Furret to level 100 yesterday and got Feraligatr and Typhlosion to 100 day, and did 200 SRs for Chimchar in the process which puts that hunt at 2,300 SRs! All done leveling my HG shinies, yay! I checked and found I have 36 level 100 shinies now, so that’s cool. I was only able to work on Palkia and Chimchar today, so in addition to the 100 Chimchar SRs, I also did 200 Palkia SRs, so that’s at 4,100 SRs.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Shy, Ruru_star, sksilax1234, Cyberra, ChaoticInverse, and Nakashima)!

ShinyGoogleplex

Guess who!?
My SoulSilver was busy in Febuary where last November I explained I was off to XTreme Speed Dratini from the Den. That happened in Feb. along with my next target Tyrogue. Felt pretty good after that, Dragon Master's gift, Karate King's gift, so figured there'd be no more. For fun I summoned up SUICUNE who was still on water on Route 14. Got it to Cerulean Cape & poked around at it, (the other two were gift Pok'es, this'd be my next Encounter) and a lite blue mane silouette scrolled by my screen. I nicknamed it to next in line my STAR TREK crew theme, George Takei (shortened). Ask of other nicks if interested, I like telling and to know yours. So after him I said to myself "Ehh!" and went to get the last two Kanto Badges & RockClimb. Kanto Legends can now appear so at Power Plant I also got Shiny Zapdos. Feeling Really good I went on to Moltres, and missed it! It Struggled to death. Upset. Disappointed. Not Discouraged... These all in Feb. !

Nothing more until the other day May 19th I got Moltres' friend ARTICUNO. And actually it appeared May 18th with the same fate of the last Moltres. Crazily I SR'd and did get it the next afternoon. Other appearance was in the morning so longer than 24 hour wait. I was relieved and thought I'm either really determined or (just at my expense, no-one else's folks!) I'm just stubborn and stupid.

That's about it as Feb. and May have been for last two years good months for me, something to do with the clock and random data trig'-a'-nometry. (My stupidity and lack of phonics coming into play here as Google Spell Check is fussing at me right now.). I'm trying for Moltres again now, a three month comeback maybe? Also in Feb. I Rock Smashed a Rare Bone item. Money, money, money! Mr. Eugene Krabs

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats oarfish on five Magikarps, two Tentacool, two Wailmer, and Horsea, kirkeastment on Wurmple, Heatran, Vulpix, and Heracross, TheMaster327 on Hoppip, Lunafloon on Happiny, Meowth City on Budew, AquaRegisteel on Camerupt, Storm_Dragoon on Clefairy, HM02gon on Spheal, Cyberra on Corphish and Tranquill, taufik386 on Onix, Grimer, Sableye, Abra, Kricketune, Venomoth, oddish, and Skrelp, XxPokemonPrincessxX on Geodude (sorry about your first one :(), Crimson Penguin on Treecko, Alexander18 on Horsea, gamer_legend on Poliwhirl, Phillies on your wonder trade shinies, Growlie19 on Goldeen, and ShinyGoogleplex on Articuno.

Good luck to Lunafloon on all your hunts, Cpchris on all your hunts, Lorde on your Rayquaza hunt, Storm_Dragoon on your Regirock hunt, Cyberra on your Heatran hunt, Razorbadger on starting your W2 BQ, Crimson Penguin on your Lapras and Route 8 hunt, and ChaoticInverse on your Torchic hunt.

Thanks Lunafloon, Cpchris, and Crimson Penguin for the luck!

@Storm_Dragoon, Thanks for welcoming me back! :D (I hope it’s okay I call you that... I'll edit it if you don't feel confortable. >_<)

@ShinyGoogleplex, sorry about that Zapdos. :(

I don't have any new shinies to report, unfortunately. :)
My Archen SR for my Black Badge quest has reached 25,121 SRs. My Litwick hunt in the Celestial tower for my White 2 Badge quest reached 1,587 REs.
I don't want to whine, but Archen is being kinda difficult, haha. :p

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

It's been a while since I posted, but I have been reading everyday. On April 27 I saved in front of the fossil guy on OR and started my quest for Lileep; reviving sets of 30. Yesterday, it finally shined. I don't know exactly how many I saw, but it was well beyond 10,000. This is with gen VI odds and the shiny charm; far worse than my Kabuto hunt.

Last night, I transferred over 30 claw fossils to begin my hunt for Anorith. Once it shines, I will begin to MM Amaura to complete my shiny fossil pokemon hunt.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, in my ongoing search for a shiny yanma, which has yielded four nosepasses, four gurdurrs (I found new ones for both this week), and one palpitoad...

I finally found one!

Yes, finally, I got a shiny yanma in a horde on Y this week. It very nearly turned into a fail, though, because I had just 8 pokeballs, and even after paralyzing it it wouldn't go in the ball (at full health)l. After wasting seven of the balls, I took a chance on lowering its health with a quick attack from my level 17 bibarel, thankfully kept it from being knocked out, and it finally went in. :) That was way too close, though. At least now that I've done four gyms, I should have more money to stock up on more pokeballs.

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
Well, it's been an epically long time since I've been here, so obviously a huge blanket congratulations to everyone and their hundred's (probably) of shinies since then!

Though, that is in part due to the fact it's been almost five months without a shiny. Finally got one as I half attempted to MM a shiny Amaura (this is after actually attempting to MM a shiny Cranidos, got to about 400 or so eggs I think and took a break). I was sorta after competitive Snow Warning and Refridgerate versions (trying to get competitive versions of all fossil pokemon) but did a box worth of eggs just in case I could acquire a white Amaura to join the blue Tyrunt I MM'd last year. Well, I did! Blanco the Amaura is 4IV (HP, Def, SpA, SpD) Would have been competitively viable if I hadn't been breeding Timid! Still, Sue the blue Tyrunt is unevolved still so they make quite the pair.

(Also, conveniently, community challenge complete!)

nickM

It's been a while since i have posted here, i got most of the legendaries shiny with SR^^

I choose to MM a shiny skiddo this week, and today (4 days in) i decided to fill 8 boxes with skiddo eggs Q_Q and i didnt hatch 1 but TWO shiny skiddo's D: what are the odds haha :)

tui

moon upon a stick
Firstly, a huge congrats to Lunafloon from finally getting a shiny from that area! Yamask is a great shiny, though I still wish you more luck in finding Sandile!
And welcome back Tina!
Congrats to: GooberTheAlmightyMudkip on Cresselia, Cyberra on Corphish, Hawlucha, Tranquill x2 and Skorupi, Nacreous on Remoraid, RedJirachi on Zekrom, Azulart on Dratini, oarfish on the cluster of fish, ChaoticInverse on Charmander, Alexander18 on Horsea, Machop, Pikachu, Numel, Feebas and Tentacool, Tina on Liepard and Tranquill, taufik386 once again on the hoard of shinies, Razorbadger on reshiram and Hoothoot, PegasusxSeiya on Spinda, i2i on Oddish, Phillies on Pyroar and Fraxure, kirkeastment on Heracross, Vulpix, Heatran, Skarmory x2 and Wurmple, TheMaster327 on Hoppip, Lunafloon on Happiny, Meowth City on Budew, AquaRegisteel on Camerupt, Twilit Dragoon on Clefairy, HM02gon on Spheal, XxPokemonPrincessxX on Geodude, Crimson Penguin on Treecko, gamer_legend on Poliwhirl, Growlie19 on Goldeen, maldoror on Lileep, wobbanut on Yanma, AmazingChi on Amaura, nickM on Skiddo, and to anyone else I've missed!

Sorry to hear about that Moltres, ShinyGoogleplex!

Thank you Lunafloon, CpChris, umbreonfan3636, Razorbadger, Twilit Dragoon and Crimson Penguin!

Whilst deciding on my next BQ shiny to hunt, I started hatching Magikarp in Platinum which currently sits at 165 eggs. It's a side hunt - I can just go and do it when I don't feel like training Smeargle or (now) SR'ing Honey Trees.

But on that note-

Decided to SR Honey Trees for my next BQ target, by smothering a couple of trees each day and hoping at least one produces not-Wurmple or not-Silcoon. Ended up getting a few Combee trees and one Aipom tree, but my hunt was cut short after 728 SRs last night because:
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/KCbSZ7w.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/oaj18Wc.jpg[/img139]
Shiny Combee! Male, but I honestly wasn't expecting something so quick. Had my sound down since it was late, and I ended up watching this particular encounter scroll all the way away across the screen to the tune of 'Ohhhhhhhhh what?' Since I've been neglecting shiny hunting this last few days for a certain SIM game that goes by the name Flight Rising... but staying up a bit later than usual paid off!

I'd really love a Cherubi or a Burmy, hence why I'm carrying this hunt on in Platinum. Found a couple of Burmy trees, so I'll keep them topped up whilst I go find a Cherubi tree!

Good luck everybody, especially Tina with Archen, CpChris with the HBs, ChaoticInverse with Torchic, Lunafloon with Sandile, skilax1234 with Latios and RaichuArcanine with Chimchar!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
New shiny!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/122_zpsbiqwrmpf.jpg[/img139]

Shiny klang after 642 encounters! It's Bold and likes to thrash about, with its HA, Clear Body. I'm going to take it to the battle chateau and start working on evolving it ^^

Heatran is at 10,200 SRs. Yanma has become my first Gen VI MM hunt to break 2,000 eggs, at 2,090 and counting. I'm starting to wonder if my 6IV Japanese ditto is broken >.> Or if I'm just plain unlucky this time.

HM02gon

Waiting...
Congrats on all the new shinies everyone!

Did 25 HEs on mt. Pyre, and nothing. Going to do some more today.

Zekrom is at 550 SRs

taufik386

Thanks keane, crimson and everyone else. Congrat to you too

Update from me,

Got shiny gulpin and tentacruel two days ago

And yesterday i was hunting in victory road, got shiny lairon, medicham and hariyama.
Want to complete the list, but no luck from loudred.

Move to sky pillar for mawile, and no shiny from it too :D
But i'll go for the next phase for them.

Edit 1. 2nd phase for mawile, and i got it on 2nd encounters lol

Edit 2. Shiny loudred finally showed up :D

Edit again. Got shiny gyarados in sotopolis.

Good luck everyone on your current hunting

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

Well for the first time in like a month I hunted last night, but Mesprit still didn't shine. This last month of school is going to be busy too, so my hunting won't be consistent. Still thought it was high time for an update though. Good luck on your hunts guys!

EDIT: Just got it! Probably after less than 200 srs today. Here's the pic: [img139]http://imgur.com/k62FqcY.jpeg[/img139]
Synch didn't work but Bashful is neutral so it's not so bad. I'm just happy my drought is over. Now, I'm going to try to trigger Regigigas and hunt for him.
Again, good luck people!

Last edited:

umbreonfan3636

Congrats to Cyberra on Tranquill and Klang, Alexander18 on Horsea and Corphish, gamer_legend on Poliwhirl, Growlie19 on Goldeen, kirkeastment on Heracross, oarfish on all the chained fish, ShinyGoogleplex on Dratini, Tyrogue, Suicune, Zapdos, and Articuno (that's a ton of full odds SR hunts), wobbanut on Yanma, nickM on Skiddo, Keane on Combee (I might have tried to put a Cute Charmer in the front to get the chances of a female up? Did you do that and have it fainted?), and TheEliteEmpoleon on Mespirit!

I'm sitting at 2000 REs in Granite Cave in my Ruby game looking for Aron, and (if you count the 1000 SRs I did on my fake game) I am at 1600 SRs for Chimchar in Platinum. Good news, I ended up getting a refund from the guy who sold it to me on e-bay.

I watch the occasional youtube shiny video, and I noticed how they all seem to know each other. Is there a place that shiny hunters chat? This forum is nice and all, but its glacially slow.

Good luck everyone!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
ummm

I'll update the current CH completion after this post, but right now I want to mention, there's only 1 CH suggestion so far.

If by the 25th there's no other suggestion, then it automatically becomes the next CH.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
That was quick...

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/125_zpsnpbf8zut.jpg[/img139]

After only 226 encounters in the second phase of the steel safari hunt, ferroseed shines! He's lonely and likes to thrash about, with Iron Barbs. Gonna go evolve him ^_^

Next fs hunt will be grass-type, after quilladin.

Instead of going back to my yanma MM, I'm gonna get my sweet scenter and head to route 20, the Winding Woods, to horde hunt foongus.

Heatran is at 10,600 SRs. Yanma is still being a pain at 2,330 eggs and counting.

Also, since ferroseed learns Nature Power by TM, Community hunt complete x3!

razor fire

Good luck to everyone on their hunts! And congratulations to those who have succeeded! :D

FINALLY!!!
After over three weeks of intensive SRing, I have finally claimed my shiny kyurem! Timid sync was successful, but unfortunately the IVs were a bit shabby :( 31 IV attack, defense and speed.
Oh well, it is still a shiny! I didn't take pictures this time as I was far too euphoric to even think of taking pictures. Kyurem is now safely placed in my pokebank! :D

Razorbadger

Congrats to Crimson Penguin on Treecko, gamer_legend on Poliwhirl, Growlie15 on Goldeen, ShinyGoogleplex on Dratini, Tyrogue, Suicune, Zapdos and Articuno (sorry about Moltres though), maldoror on Lileep, AmazingChi on Amaura, nickM on both Skiddo, Keane on Combee, TheEliteEmpoleon on Mespirit, razor fire on Kyurem and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to kirkeastment, Crimson Penguin, Cpchris and Keane for the congrats and Tina for the luck.

My Alpha Sapphire seemed to be on it's way to odds for once until yesterday when a shiny Zigzagoon appeared after just 3236 REs.

[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/6dc2e5a5-0643-4d22-8cf8-d61f46bd48b9_zpsilc97jb2.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/fc77c56c-d8d5-47b7-80ba-63ba4238867b_zpsoruewfmi.jpg[/IMG139]

This appeared on just the 36th encounter of the day which is the earliest into a days hunting I've ever found a shiny, beating the Marill I found on this same route. There are a lot of shinies that I think have better sprites than their regular forms but Zigzagoon is I think the only shiny that I believe is what the Pokemon should look like, it's so so much better than the regular sprite. It's also one of very few Pokemon that I believe look better in 6th gen than in previous game so it's needless to say that I won't be evolving this guy.

Next in this game I'll be hunting in the ice room of Shoal Cave for either Snorunt or Spheal / Sealeo. First though to my HG BQ and Electrode in the Rocket Hideout.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

Meowth City

Staff member
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/5IctQ6H.jpg[/IMG300]
Community Hunt #2 Complete!

Since I started a new game on my X version, I decided to go through all my Friend Safari's to see what they had in them. First Pokemon to appear in one of the Grass ones was a Pansage. Although, at first glance, I thought the shade of green was a little lighter than I expected Pansage to be, I didn't immediately think it was a shiny at first, but then I saw the sparkles and that confirmed it for me. It was a huge, but pleasant surprise. I caught it in a Nest Ball because I think it suits it perfectly, colour-wise.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Still nothing on Kyurem but I actually dont mind the time seeing as how SR'ing has taught me to be patient and calm rather than impatient. Congrats everyone on your successes and a special congratulations to Razor Fire on the Kyurem, at least your sync worked as otherwise ivs are a lesser factor than nature.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Cyberra on Tranquill, Klang, and Ferroseed, Alexander18 on Horsea and Corphish, gamer_legend on Poliwhirl, Growlie19 on Goldeen, kirkeastment on Heracross, oarfish on Tentacool x2, Wailmer x2, Horsea, and Octillery, ShinyGoogleplex on Dratini, Tyrogue, Suicune, Zapdos, and Articuno (sorry about Moltres though), maldoror on Lileep, wobbanut on Yanma, AmazingChi on Amaura, nickM on Skiddo x2, Keane on Combee, taufik386 on Gulpin, Tentacruel, Lairon, Medicham, Hariyama, Mawile, Loudred, and Gyarados, TheEliteEmpoleon on Mesprit, razor fire on Kyurem, Razorbadger on Zigzagoon, Meowth City on Pansage, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to Lorde, Cpchris, Tina, Keane, taufik386, and Razorbadger for the congrats! Also, thanks to Tina for the luck!

Five months to the day after I caught my last Y BQ shiny, my Route 8 hunt has finally come to a close! Shiny Drifloon after 6912 REs!

I've been sick with a cold over the past few days, so I haven't done much other than hunt and watch YouTube videos, but I feel much better now after coming across my beautiful yellow and blue Drifloon today! Even though it wasn't Absol or Seviper, I'm still thrilled with this catch. His name is Goodyear, and he has a Quiet nature. He also happens to be my landmark 50th self-caught shiny! Hard to believe I've amassed that many in only two years haha. Also glad to have another 6th gen over-odds hunt done with.

Next on my Y BQ hit list is Sycamore's Bulbasaur. I do have a shiny Bulbasaur from Wonder Trade that I think is legit, but I really want to get one with my OT. Too bad it's another SR hunt, but oh well. In other news, Lapras is up to 2800 SRs and my Petalburg Woods hunt is underway at 400 REs. I've also begun to Wonder Trade off my leftover Noibats, so once that's all done I'll start preparing for my Spritzee MM.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially ChaoticInverse, Lorde, Cpchris, Tina, and Cyberra!