• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I had a productive friday/saturday.

Firstly after capturing Shiny Heracross, i managed to snag a Shiny Zigzagoon, whilst EV training said Shiny Heracross.

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/252BE172-0D78-46A7-A3F3-6239895DDB10_zps7mlqcnst.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/A3DE4701-9662-4FEE-867D-0E423C792875_zpstvthhxsl.jpg[/IMG139]

After finishing the EV training, i was continuing my playthrough of AS, beating up Team Aqua in the Seafloor Cavern and SR'ing for Shiny Entei on OR when it appeared, i'd guess less than 500 SR's into the hunt. :)

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/2F2B495E-4F26-4925-BD09-75D6A7D0C9FB_zps4qg323mb.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/24D7CA34-C255-4161-ACA8-7328365B3024_zpsousge66v.jpg[/IMG139]

Last but by no means least, after i had beaten the last Gym in AS i PokeBanked my LivingDex over to AS and began hunting what is a rarely hunted Shiny, Shiny Finneon. After almost 180 DexNav encounters, it appeared before me and was quickly snapped up in a Dive Ball. :)

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/4DB115E1-7B0E-4DE0-970E-E43B648DB5A9_zps4aausnet.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/DAED96DB-1355-4F54-8C37-78A53805AAD5_zpsmokfcrca.jpg[/IMG139]

Right now, i am contemplating what to hunt next in AS(trying to get more Mirage Spots) but in the meantime i am SR'ing for Shiny Raikou on OR.

Good luck with your hunts everyone, hope to see some really cool shinies. :)

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Caught a shiny Spinda in a horde and Barboach by chain fishing. Evolved Barboach into Whiscash.
Edit: Caught a shiny Goldeen, Remoraid and Luvdisc by chain fishing. Evolved the first two.
Re-edit: Caught a shiny Aron in a horde and fully evolved it. I have a full box of shiny pokemon now.

Last edited:

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
I'm having a really busy period trying to get my final paper done for my bachelor degree. But today I decided to take a day off and, besides other things, do some shiny hunting. First I started hunting for the legendary beasts. I did 200 SRs on Suicune and 100 SRs on Raikou. But I got somewhat bored already and decided to have some fun with the battle maison.

After a while I wanted to shiny hunt again, but I decided to do some horde hunting for Zubat instead. After only 29 HE's a green Zubat popped up on my screen! I didn't see its sparkles, because I was just getting some drink in the kitchen. But I did hear the sounds the sparkles make, which of course got me very excited! But geez, that thing won't sit still and let me have a good picture of it :')
[img240]http://s1.postimg.org/4t6ss4m27/IMG_20150523_225111.jpg[/img240]
[img240]http://s1.postimg.org/4hpcfd5m7/IMG_20150523_230424.jpg[/img240] [img240]http://s1.postimg.org/wdzmje3lb/IMG_20150523_230416.jpg[/img240] [img240]http://s1.postimg.org/k0mschdwv/IMG_20150523_230400.jpg[/img240]

It it Jolly natured, but its IVs aren't very good. I nicknamed him Jinsu, a reference to a friend of mine who used to be on these forums with 'Shiny Crobat' as his username.

I probably won't be able to do much shiny hunting the next few weeks, but I will be reading your posts. So please keep up the good work!

Congrats on all recent shinies and good luck shiny hunting!

razor fire

Congratulations to Razorbadger on the zigzagoon, Meowth City on the pansage, Crimson Penguin on the Shiny Drifloon, kirkeastment on zigzagoon, entei and finneon, Alexander18 on spinda and barboach, and Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on the zubat!
Thanks for the congrats and good luck to everyone on their hunts, especially ShiningKnightXY! Hope that kyurem shines for you too soon! :D

Anyway, just spent around 45 minutes HEing for a shiny nincada, and around 12 hordes of nincadas later I manage to find a shiny female one!
It's sassy natured, but I wasn't really looking for a specific nature this time. I just wanted a shiny nincada. :p

taufik386

dexnav results from yesterday and today,

got shiny mantyke, masquerain, finneon, seadra, tropius, linoone, spinda and scraggy

congrats everyone on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting :)

edit. just hatched shiny carnivine after 73 eggs. Jolly nature but missing IV in ATK :(

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to ShinyGoogleplex on Dratini and Tyrogue and Suicune and Zapdos and Articuno, maldoror on Lileep, AmazingChi on Amaura, nickM on both Skiddo, Keane on Combee, TheEliteEmpoleon on Mesprit, razor fire on Kyurem, Razorbadger on Zigzagoon, Crimson Penguin on Drifloon, kirkeastment on Entei, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thank you for the good luck, Tina, Keane, and Crimson Penguin :)

-----------

I watch the occasional youtube shiny video, and I noticed how they all seem to know each other. Is there a place that shiny hunters chat? This forum is nice and all, but its glacially slow.

A lot of them are in Skype calls together.

-----------

IT HAPPENED. Another lengthy hunt has ended! (Though certainly not as long as Growlithe or Scyther.) But after 4 phases and a total of 44,925 Headbutts, I found a shiny Heracross! This phase took 10,811 HBs and I can finally stop headbutting after starting in October :D

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/fZO6DCo.jpg[/IMG200]

It’s female, which kinda sucks because I like the horn design of the male and it’s one of the things that made Heracross appeal to me so much in the first place. She’s Hasty which is great, but her IVs are crap (and Attack and Speed are her lowest IVs, go figure >.<): 11 - 3 - 23 - 12 - 12 - 5.

But despite all of that, I still think she’s an amazing shiny! I’m going to train this thing up, get my next badge and get ready for the gym after that, and then move on to my next hunt – Venonat/Venomoth on Route 25! Route 25 is just filled with good pokemon – definitely won’t mind duplicate Pidgey/Oddish, and I want Bellsprout eventually anyways, so there’s just Abra to look out for which is why I’ll lead with my Nidoking who has Taunt.

So, uhh, apparently Serebii (and other sites, but I think they pretty much copy Serebii) just has a massive lie posted on Route 25, saying Venonat is 20% all day, but the 60+ REs there without encountering a single Venonat appear to say otherwise -_- I didn’t actually tally, but if I had to guess, I’d say it’s about 1% Pidgeotto, 1% Weepinbell, 3% Abra, 10% Bellsprout, and 85% Pidgey. Honestly, I’d rather see a big “???” for the rates if people aren’t going to bother actually checking things before presenting them as facts…

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Shy, Ruru_star, sksilax1234, Cyberra, ChaoticInverse, and Nakashima)!

Last edited:

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats to maldoror on Lileep, wobbanut on four Nosepass’, four Gurdurrs, and Yanma, AmazingChi on Amaura, nickM on two Skiddo, Keane on Combee (sucks that it was male :(), Cyberra on Klang and Ferroseed, taufik386 on Gulpin, Tentacruel, Lairon, Medicham, Hariyama, Mawile, Loudred, Gyarados, Mantyke, Masquetain, Finneon, Seadra, Tropius, Linoone, Spinda, Scraggy, and Carnivine, TheEliteEmpoleon on Mesprit, razor fire on Kyurem and Nincada, Razorbadger on Zigzagoon, Meowth City on Pansage, Crimson Penguin on Drifloon, kirkeastment on Zigzagoon, Entei, and Finneon, Alexander18 on Spinda and Barboach, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Zubat, and HUGE congrats to Cpchris on that Heracross!

Good luck to Cyberra for Heatran and umbreonfan3636 on Aron and Chimchar.

Thanks Keane for the congrats and luck, Crimson Penguin for the luck, and Cpchris for the luck!

Yay!! Litwick has shone for me after just 3,212 REs!! :D :D I was rewatching the Evangelion 1.11 when it shone, I almost missed the sparkles because I was so engrossed haha.

[img139]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g395/suskekun222/IMG_1862.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g395/suskekun222/IMG_1866.jpg[/img139]

My game has been treating me so well! None of my badge quest hunts have gone over odds except for one which came kinda close. :)
I'll update my shiny cards in a bit.

Archen sits at 27,322 SRs at the moment, I'll play my White 2 for awhile until I reach my next hunting destination before continuing with it. ;)

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yesterday I put in my Y copy and restarted it after sending anything important to X.
When I got to route 8...... shiny Zangoose!
Successfully caught it. :D
That is my second one, I have one on Platinum at level 100 I still haven't gotten around to transferring. This one is female though, my older one is male.

pikachu780

The only dendenne
Hey guys!I've just been hoard hunting and found a shiny swablu!I managed to catch it in my first try with an ultra ball.good luck with your future hunts and I'll see you later.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So, in a Pokemon Sapphire that I reset constantly for Jirachi, I found a shiny Zigzagoon very quickly.

Caught it, not that special, but hey, random luck.

NightShadow

I've been playing Pokemon Platinum recently because I never finished (I lost it years ago and a few months ago I was cleaning my room and found it) I restarted because I wasn't even at the first gym and I'm currently right before the Elite Four. I went on a few hours ago to try and level my Pokemon because they're slightly under leveled and I was just going in Victory Road and after deciding the wild Pokemon were too low of a level to get EXP I began leaving when I randomly encountered... A SHINY GRAVELER! I became extremely scared because I knew it would self-destruct or use Explosion, so I used my Masterball on it. It's level 40 with a Brave nature.

Not my first shiny but my first random encounter shiny that I wasn't going for.

TheEliteEmpoleon

So as if Regigigas wasn't cryptic enough with the Regice business, apparently it only shows up during the day. Ugh. I guess now is as good of a time as ever to start what I've been wanting to for a while now: Friend Safari hunting.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
... when I randomly encountered... A SHINY GRAVELER! I became extremely scared because I knew it would self-destruct or use Explosion, so I used my Masterball on it. It's level 40 with a Brave nature.

Not my first shiny but my first random encounter shiny that I wasn't going for.
Yeah, the second shiny Geodude I found had the possibility of self destructing, so I threw a Fast Ball at it. I don't believe that I had my Master Ball.

BTW, both of the shiny Geodude I caught were Adamant.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Well I have officially finished the main section to KH2FM which means I now have a void until KH3, but it also means I cam return to hunting for Kyurem much more than I already have been. I also plan on getting a job for the summer so that also puts a dent in time, but oh well I guess I just need to better manage the time I have leftover. Good luck to everyone.

Razorbadger

Congrats to Crimson Penguin on Drifloon, kirkeastment on Entei, taufik386 on Carnivine, Cpchris on Heracross, Tina on Litwick, Zoruagible on Zangoose, Auraninja on Zigzagoon, NightShadow on Graveler and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Crimson Penguin, razor fire, Cpchris and Tina for the congrats.

This ridiculous period of luck I'm going through at the moment isn't letting up with a shiny Electrode appearing in my Heart Gold after just 324 RAs.

[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/ad2d58e3-4b86-49de-a3ae-81f8ee821bfb_zps6s7ebtqx.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/99681fac-5280-4d92-807d-65d4178ed170_zps35bk2fvq.jpg[/IMG139]

I found my Great Ball, and so fast too. I mentioned after Hoothoot that my hunts on this BQ since Sudowoodo were getting shorter by 2000 encounters per shiny but I didn't seriously think it would continue to this hunt, I couldn't have dreamed of finding something below 1k. Oddly today is exactly one month after that Sudowoodo which was the first under odds hunt I'd had on this file and the fourth shiny of the game, there is no way would I have thought that I'd be so far into the BQ a month later. As well as being by far my quickest 1/8192 hunt Electrode joins an ever growing list of neutral natured shinies, this one being Hardy.

I'm not really sure about what to hunt next on this file, although I'll probably have plenty of time to decide what to do as first I'm starting my White 2 Badge Quest with Oshawott. Even if my current luck continues I would imagine this hunt will be fairly long time wise due to the length of the SRs, although at least they aren't as bad as the Kalos starters.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Hi, all,

I haven't been here recently (exam season is to be blame!), but thought I'd just pop in to update my numbers. I'm still with Bill, SRing for Eevee, and I've reached 2,185 SRs. Already decided I'm going to evolve it into Jolteon and stick it on my team, so I'll be visiting the Pokeathlon for a bit after this. Should be fun to compete with my shiny Pokemon!

In other news, I kind of want to restart my Emerald, but I've got two shinies on there and no immediate access to another Gameboy to trade them to a safe cartridge. To be honest, I don't think I'd really mind doing that - both those shinies were random (the first came after about a three hour level-grind, and the second one I kind of predicated during another long level-grind, as my battery is dry) and I kind of feel that, to me, they're not really worth that much, since I put no effort into finding them, and they were the result of a dead battery, and therefore technically farmable. They're not exactly two of my favourite Pokemon either (a Golbat and a Gloom), so idk. What do you guys think?

Good luck to everyone hunting! :D

Phillies

Congratulations to everyone for all the new shinies.

My shinies from the last week are Golbat, Weepinbell, Oddish, Nosepass, Mime Jr., Spheal, Zebstrika, Fraxure x 2, Dedenne.

Good luck to everyone

umbreonfan3636

Congrats to Cyberra on Ferroseed, razor fire on Kyurem, Razorbadger on Zigzagoon and Electrode, Meowth City on Pansage, Crimson Penguin on Drifloon, kirkeastment on Zigzagoon, Entei, and Finneon, Alexander18 on Spinda, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Zubat, taufik386 on Mantyke, Masquerain, Finneon, Seadra, Tripius, Linoone, Spinda, and Scraggy, Cpchris on Heracross (that’ll definitely be a target of mine on my next runthrough of HG), Tina on Litwick (one of my favorites from Gen 5), Zoruragible on Zangoose, pikachu780 on Swablu, and Auraninja on Zigzagoon, NightShadow on Graveler!

I’ve done a bunch of hunting today and yesterday and have reached 1750 SRs for Chimchar in Platinum, and 3800 REs in Ruby for Aron. Not expecting too much yet since that Mudkip hunt was so short and because these Chimchar SRs are so long. I can occasionally get in 5 REs in Ruby for every 1 SR in Platinum.

Thanks for the luck Tina, and good luck to everyone on their hunts! (Especially those doing 1/8192 hunts!)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
At last! After 800 hordes/4,000 pokemon seen and 2,579 eggs, making it my longest Gen VI MM hunt to date, yanma shines!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/130_zpsluuhm6th.jpg[/img139]

She's Timid and likes to thrash about, with Compound Eyes, which was the ability I wanted :D I'll EV train her in SpATK and SPD and maybe a little in DEF before I take her to the battle chateau and start leveling her up for evolution ^_^

My next MM is snover and I'm already 50 eggs in.

Heatran is now at 11,400 SRs

Edit: Shiny spring-forme sawsbuck caught in the grass safari after 1,074 REs. A male, sassy nature and somewhat vain, with Chlorophyll. I will be keeping him even though I already have a shiny sawsbuck; this one is a different forme. Any others, though, will be going straight into wonder trade.

And sawsbuck learns Nature Power by TM, so community hunt complete x4!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So last night as I was hatching some left over Dunsparce eggs from my PC for my MM hunt, I hatched the Shiny Dunsparce that I was after. It only took about 440 eggs in total, so this was one of my easier hunts. Next I'll focus more on completing my Shiny Rayquaza hunt on Ruby version. Good luck and congrats to everyone else as well.