• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
CH completion updated~

And it's also voting time for the next CH.

We have two options, a small one and a big one.

Hello,

Since last month we did a Mother Nature theme for the CH, how about we do a father's theme CH this month because of Father's Day were we catch Pokemon lines that in-game characters fathers have like for example Koga and Norman.

With Summer starting in June, I already thought of a possible CH revolving around Sunny Day, Heat Wave, and/or Surf. Sunny Day and Heat Wave for the heat and sun associated with Summer, and Surf for the fact that Surfing increases among people during the Summer.

VM me which one you prefer~

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Man I'm so tired right now..had a bad day with my OCD and had a chamomile tea at 5pm and have been so drowsy all night..anyways this week I made pretty good progress with my hunts. 640 Rufflet hatched for my White BQ, 3,017 Lapras SR's on SS, 1,501 RE's in Petalburg Woods for my Sapphire BQ, and I have replaced my hunt for Squirtle on FR with Fennekin on X. Since I'm teaching myself French I'm playing the game in French and have called myself Andi, after the main character from my favourite novel, Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly. The novel also takes place in France for the most part, so yay to that xD. I did 100 SR's yesterday, bringing me up to 182 SR's for the little fox. On ORAS I have also hatched 150 Buneary, and am doing a multi MM hunt for Buneary, Cottonee and Trapinch. I'm storing three boxes of each. Congrats on all these recent shinies, and good luck to all!
EDIT: New rank :D
~RaichuArcanine~

taufik386

thanks Tina and razor, congrats to you too, and everyone else on your current shinies

shiny Vanillite just hatched after 326 eggs. it's female with modest nature and ice body ability. IV spread missing in speed.
i nicknamed it Vanilla.

other shinies i got via dexnav, shiny glameow, ditto, slowpoke, cofagrigus and whismur

good luck everyone on your current hunting

TheMaster327

Yay me :) After 4,811 SRs, a deity greets me from the heavens.

[spoil][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0052_zpsa0mcqnqv.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0053_zpsif4f2uyp.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0054_zpsfvijti7w.jpg[/img139]

Yay shiny Arceus :) It's a Calm nature, with IVs: 4 / 15 / 25 / 4 / 27 / 12. Not the best IVs in the world, but it's good for a defensive set, if it's ever able to get to 6th gen lol[/spoil]

HM02gon

Waiting...
Took about 80 ish HEs, but I got a shiny Shuppet! Was hoping for Meditite, but oh well.

Got another 15 SRs on Zekrom. I'm hoping not to break 1000.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Recently caught my fifth shiny Wingull (counting the four I caught in X/Y) while training up my Charmeleon in Alpha Sapphire. Shame it cannot learn one of the moves to qualify for the Community Hunt however. I have also restarted my Roselia MM hunt on Y now that I am done breeding/catching unobtainable Pokemon from that game for ORAS.

Congrats to anyone who has caught a shiny and good luck to those still hunting!

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies, especially Razorbadger, Cpchris and Tina.

Tina you can call me Storm_Dragoon if you like, or Storm(seeing as I go by that anyways even with the name change :p).
~

Okay, I have a reason why I'm posting here today.

After I got my shiny Clefairy I decided to hunt for a Chansey with a Lucky Egg in the Safari Zone. I haven't had much luck with catching said Chansey, let alone getting a Lucky Egg from one. Out of the couple hundred Chansey that I've seen, I probably caught less than 15 of the things(with 0 Lucky Eggs). I was busy watching a few videos on youtube to pass the time while I kept my search for Chansey. Instead, only a few minutes into the hunt, I got a shiny Nidorina! My heart was in my throat, I had a gut feeling that this shiny was going to flee. The first Safari Ball thrown it got to two shakes, but it stayed. After I threw the second ball, it bust free from it on the first shake, then it ran D=.

Bye-bye shiny Nidorina :(.

~

I decided to go back into the Safari Zone in hopes of trying to reclaim the shiny that ran from me. I was scrolling through this thread, debating on whether to post about the failed shiny Nidorina. I was almost out of steps in the Safari Zone, so I was a few minutes away from SRing my game to get my money back. Instead, less than an hour after I lost that shiny Nidorina:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/JpnLG/IMG_0337_zpsi9lq3dkl.jpg[/img139]

A shiny Nidoran ♀ appeared on my screen!

By this time, I was in complete shock. My hands were shaking so badly holding my DS, so I put it down on my bed and started to throw Safari Balls. The shiny Nidoran ♀ broke free from the 1st ball, and I figured it would run, and I'd have to reclaim it. It stayed, so I threw another Safari Ball and crossed my fingers. One shake, two shakes, three shakes, *click*, shiny Nidoran♀ was caught!

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/JpnLG/IMG_0338_zpsu1f6wdpd.jpg[/img139]

I've never left the Safari Zone so fast in my life XD. I'm pretty sure I saved my game over 20 times :p.

More pics:

Sassy nature
Stats

I had a feeling that I was going to get a shiny before I even caught a Chansey with a Lucky Egg. This game has been the absolute WORST trying to get a Lucky Egg. In FireRed I caught three Chansey and TWO of them had Lucky Eggs, but this game won't give me one. I'm definitely going to be sticking around the Safari Zone until I get one Lucky Egg. I just hope that I don't run into another shiny because this place is scary xD.

Drakonekoshi

Congrats everyone on your recent shinies!

I finally got my shiny Zekrom on May 15th, thankfully in a Dusk Ball and not my Master Ball, that hunt was getting really annoying

I have a question, I really need a answer
I've been dexnav chaining for Lillipup for a long while now, and it never appears, can someone tell me if I need to do more encounters pass 150? I have to restart my chain over and over again due to not having enough repels and i'm starting to have doubts that it'll ever appear with the amount of repels I have, so I'm asking, do I need more repels? I don't have enough money for more..

EDIT:
I tried what was suggested and it didn't work, I got to about 240 something and still nothing happened.

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Congrats everyone on your recent shinies!

I finally got my shiny Zekrom on May 15th, thankfully in a Dusk Ball and not my Master Ball, that hunt was getting really annoying

I have a question, I really need a answer
I've been dexnav chaining for Lillipup for a long while now, and it never appears, can someone tell me if I need to do more encounters pass 150? I have to restart my chain over and over again due to not having enough repels and i'm starting to have doubts that it'll ever appear with the amount of repels I have, so I'm asking, do I need more repels? I don't have enough money for more..

Hopefully these numbers will give you an indication that helps. These are all without Shiny Charm unless stated otherwise. :)

Lotad(3x400 chains before it appeared at #411 on the 4th chain)
Vulpix(121)
Heracross(101)
Finneon(w/Shiny Charm - 180)
Shroomish(almost 400 w/Shiny Charm)
Zorua(~100 w/Shiny Charm)
Zigzagoon(110-120)

So realistically you should look to get more repels(Super Repels if possible) and if you're low on credits, grab yourself 6 Linoone from Route 121, that have Pickup, and use them to DexNav and pickup items to sell as you go, so you can buy more repels.(Maybe do some training first to get a good pile of credits from this too.)

If you need some more numbers for how long some DexNav encounters can take, even with the Shiny Charm, check out this guys youtube page - https://www.youtube.com/user/xaDr1v3/videos

He's doing a road to 100 Shinies in ORAS, which involves a heck of a lot of DexNav encountering, and you can see just how many it takes him. :)

So, i've probably made some sort of huge mistake, but i have backed myself into a corner on my AS game and am now SR'ing for Shiny Cyndaquil. I say backed myself into a corner, because i'm now running 2 SR hunts(Raikou on OR) at the same time, and ofc the Cyndaquil hunt is non-optional. If i want to do something else i lose the chance to SR for it, so it is what it is.

Good luck with your hunts everyone. :)

Congrats Twilight Dragoon on the Shiny Nidoran♀.

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Hey everyone! It seems that everything has been good here, plenty of shinies. Big congrats to TheMaster327 on Arceus and Twilit_Dragoon on Nidoran!

My last couple of weeks have been really fruitful, shinywise! I believe the last shiny I mentioned here was the Camerupt, right? Well then, story time:

A few days after Camerupt, I had been horde encountering Wurmple. It was getting close to the time I needed to leave for afternoon lessons, but about 6 minutes before I had to leave...a shiny Wurmple did in fact shine! It turned out to be Modest and with the HA. It evolved into Beautifly, which was nice.

After that, I had begun an MM hunt. I had been biking around Battle Resort for nearly 2 days when, on the 76th egg, a lovely shiny Croagunk hatched! The Croagunk hatched with a Jolly nature, Dry Skin ability and two Egg Moves - Me First and Quick Guard. First ORAS MM shiny, to boot!

And today, a rather surprising shiny appeared. The HGSS safari zone has been cruel to me in the past, as even though I had once caught a shiny Weezing in under 1,000 REs, I had lost a shiny in there. That shiny was also supposed to be fairly easy to catch. But the shiny returned today! After only 548 REs, Magikarp shone. Of course, I was rather shocked and referred to it as Lord Magikarp in the chat I was on at the time! But yes, the small matter of catching her remained. I knew that in the past, it had evaded me and it could do it once again. So, I threw the first Safari Ball. One shake...two shakes...three shakes...

...And it was caught! So after only 548 REs, a shiny Magikarp returned and was successfully caught, too!

That has been all for me recently. Right now, I am also at 300 REs / 225 REs in Routes 229 / 228 respectively on Platinum. Route 6 on White 2 and Black stands at 3,901 REs. Finally, Relic Castle on White stands at 7,200 REs.

Good luck everyone!

Just unexpectedly got my MM target super early after only the second box :D (have the shiny charm). It didn't get its HA which isn't a huge biggie and at least it it got max ivs in special attack and speed, which I was worried that it would be missing one or the other. Now to think of a name ^-^

[spoil][img139]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/BirdConure/Mobile%20Uploads/20150527_105827_zpsmzkns5xc.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/BirdConure/Mobile%20Uploads/20150527_105958_zpsgip0ldhy.jpg[/img139][/spoil]

Since it shined so early I may just keep going to see if I can't get one with a HA as well, plus I can wonder trade the 4-5iv rejects.

Last edited:

Blasting Toise

Congrats to everyone on recent shinies! :D Especially on that Arceus- only thing mightier than Pokemon God is shiny Pokemon God XD I restarted playing pokemon only a few days ago and this time I decided I go after shiny Snorunt. I used double method of Masuda and friend safari both. Friend Safari was nice enough to give me shiny Bergmite and two shiny Lapras bergmite and first Lapras very close to each other, but then no shinies on two days at all- not from safari or from eggs that I hatched few boxes-

Today finally shiny Snorunt was found from safari. Excellent stats in sp. attack, speed and defense but attack stat is terrible. Well it is still a shiny legit snorunt and with sp-attacks really nice. I'm gonna trade it for my OR and make a shiny mega-glalie.
Those bred non-shiny snorunts were in premier balls and some had pretty nice IV:s I think, didn't check them before putting them on wonder though. But if you get snorunt in premier ball from WT- with OT Marcus- check the IV:s will ya- may be worth it :D

Next project is shiny Sheer Force Totodile- or at least a lot of sheer force totos and maybe a shiny one too...

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Yay me :) After 4,811 SRs, a deity greets me from the heavens.

[spoil][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0052_zpsa0mcqnqv.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0053_zpsif4f2uyp.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0054_zpsfvijti7w.jpg[/img139]

Yay shiny Arceus :) It's a Calm nature, with IVs: 4 / 15 / 25 / 4 / 27 / 12. Not the best IVs in the world, but it's good for a defensive set, if it's ever able to get to 6th gen lol[/spoil]

You can not get a legitimate Arceus in the sinnoh games as the item to unlock it was never officially released.

taufik386

hatched shiny blitzle last night after 222 eggs.
has jolly nature and sap sipper ability.

i got shiny male frillish and seel too via dexnav.

edit. got shiny octillery too

congrats everyones on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Second shiny sawsbuck found in the grass safari. This one is female, modest nature and somewhat vain, with Sap Sipper. Gonna send her into wonder trade and continue my hunt for quilladin.

Community hunt complete x5!

Heatran is at 12,200 SRs. Snover is at 250 eggs. Route 20 is at 2,000 hordes.

Shiny Lord

Shiny Shuckle just hatched after 23 eggs in my Omega Ruby. Have shiny charm. It is modest nature with gluttony ability.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Finally after all these years of battling Ditto, I got a shiny one! I never thought it would happen but it did. Randomly in my X game while going to find a Zorua

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Eh. I've decided to wait until I possess a Shiny Charm to hunt for shinies. Registeel at 9225

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Tina on Litwick, Zoruagible on Zangoose, NightShadow on Graveler, Razorbadger on Electrode, Cyberra on Yanma, Lorde on Dunsparce, taufik386 on Vanillite, TheMaster327 on Arceus, Twilit Dragoon on Nidoran (sorry about Nidorina though :( ), Drakonekoshi on Zekrom, AquaRegisteel on Croagunk and Magikarp, Birds of Paradise on Cyndaquil, taufik386 on Blitzle, Shiny Lord on Shuckle, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, Tina, Razorbadger, umbreonfan3636, and Twilit Dragoon :)

-----------

I have to say, as annoying as it is to find out the hunt I’ve been planning for the last ~half year isn’t actually possible, it is pretty fun to have a more spontaneous target. Right now, I have 2 more shinies to get for my BQ, and as much as I’ve enjoyed this BQ, it’s been a year and a half since I started and I’m ready to bring it to an end. As such, I’m trying to find targets that are RE targets (and not surfing – I have a number of surf targets) and that also have less of a chance of producing a duplicate. I’m thinking Caterpie for my next one, as I know it’s an eventual target of mine regardless.

As for Venonat/Venomoth, since I do really want them, I think I’ve figured something out: I can work on an SR target during the day (like the legendary bird trio or Lugia) and then work on Venonat when it’s out at night. It’s likely that will change (it could end up like my day Rattata/night Oddish hunt), but at least I have a tentative plan.

I’ve now gotten ready for my next badge – got all the trainer battles out of the way for Mt. Moon, Pewter City, Viridian Forest/City, Pallet Town, Cinnabar Island, Seafoam Islands, and all the routes connected to them. And I’ve decided on the next area I’ll hunt…Caterpie in Viridian Forest – 40% Caterpie and 30% Metapod during the day, and 80 % Hoothoot and 15% Noctowl at night. I’d really like Caterpie, but if I end up with Hoothoot instead, that’s fine since it’s still a nice shiny and probably one I’d go after sooner or later.

Working on leveling Heracross to 100…82 atm. Black 2 is at 10,200 REs, Platinum is at 5,000 SRs, and HeartGold is at 2,000 REs. I didn’t actually start hunting in Viridian Forest until 1,600 REs, but those are all REs I did since my last RE hunt, so I’m counting them (which is what I normally do, but usually I don’t officially start my next RE hunt after so many REs). And as for Black 2, I think it’s getting to the point where even if I get a shiny Woobat next, I’ll be switching over to Abundant Shrine again.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Shy, Ruru_star, sksilax1234, Cyberra, ChaoticInverse, and Nakashima)!