• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

I decided to take a break from MMing Amaura and finish up some of the legendary hunts on OR. Last night, I found shiny Uxie after about 500 SRs. Perfect HP, sDef and speed.

I also found (via DexNav) a shiny Skitty (3rd encounter!) and a shiny Pikachu (785 DexNav encounters).

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I apologize for not mentioning this sooner, but can someone please give me a list of all of Byron & Giovanni's Pokemon across all media? :p

I decided to just count fathers instead of including grandfathers as well, since 5 father characters (Byron, Giovanni, Birch, Norman, and Koga) gives us plenty of Pokemon already.

Byron:
- Bonzor/Bronzong
- Onix/Steelix
- Shieldon/Bastiodon
- Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone
- Skarmory
- Aron/Lairon/Aggron
- Pineco/Forretress
- Drillbur/Excadrill

Giovanni:
- Onix/Steelix
- Kangaskhan
- Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior
- Nidoran♂/Nidorino/Nidoking
- Nidoran♀/Nidorina/Nidoqueen
- Duglett/Dugtrio
- Meowth/Persian
- Murkrow/Honchkrow
- Geodude/Graveler/Golem
- Cubone/Marowak
- Sandshrew/Sandslash
- Gible/Gabite/Garchomp
- Gligar/Gliscor
- Hippopotas/Hippowdon
- Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile
- Tauros
- Gastly/Haunter/Gengar
- Moltres

To not complicate things: Onix/Steelix is shared by Byron and Giovanni; Tauros is shared by Giovanni and Norman; Kangaskhan is shared by Giovanni and Norman; Pineco/Forretress is shared by Byron and Koga; Gligar/Gliscor is shared by Giovanni and Koga; both Nidoran families are shared by Giovanni and Koga.

There are also a few mistakes in the main post: Exploud is written 'Explous'; some families are not completed in the lists (absence of Slaking in the Slakoth family, for instance).
I corrected them for you:

Norman:
- Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking
- Happiny/Chansey/Blissey
- Starly/Staravia/Staraptor
- Whismur/Loudred/Exploud
- Deerling/Sawsbuck

Koga:
- Tangela/Tangrowth
- Gligar/Gliscor
- Scyther/Scizor
- Nidoran♂/Nidorino/Nidoking
- Nidoran♀/Nidorina/Nidoqueen

Birch:
- Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
- Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert
- Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken

I'm sorry if my nitpick is bothering, I meant no offense! I just thought it'd be cleaner that way. :3

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny mankey found in the new fighting safari after 237 REs. She's adamant and mischievous, with Vital Spirit. I have a shiny primeape already, so I'll be sending her into the wonder trade system.

Heatran is at 16,000 SRs. Snover is at 1,740 eggs. Route 21 horde hunt would have begun last night but it was raining XP There should be a way to shut off the rain in these games...

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Recently I've been Shiny Hunting in my Friend Safaris after getting my Shiny Charm a couple weeks ago so far I got a female Espurr, a male Nincada, female Dragonair, and female Kecleon (CH completed) but now I'm going to Route 12 for a Horde Hunt for Mareep.

Good luck to everyone on current and future hunts.

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Congrats on all the new shinies!

I've made a little bit of progress. I'm at 1000 RA's for Latias, 600 srs for a johto starter and 31,450 sr's for torchic. Whenever one of those hunts finish up I'm either going to sr for chimchar in platinum or do a RE in either ORAS, HG, or leaf green. Hopefully I'll get torchic for the community hunt this month.

Good luck to everyone!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'll update the CH completion tomorrow.

There are also a few mistakes in the main post: Exploud is written 'Explous'; some families are not completed in the lists (absence of Slaking in the Slakoth family, for instance).

I'm sorry if my nitpick is bothering, I meant no offense! I just thought it'd be cleaner that way. :3

Thanks for the list :)

Just a note, ElectricBassClef also sent me a list via PM, I mixed the list from you two to create what's in the first post.

And you're not bothering me, don't worry xD

As for the missing Pokemon, it was intended, since they're not available in the wild, from NPC, or through breeding, meaning it is impossible to obtain them anyway. Though I think I vaguely recall a generation having wild Slaking......

Anyway,

2 days ago, at egg #734, a black pearl pig finally hatched instead of the usual pink pearl pig :D

[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/spoink1_zpshgusbycg.jpg[/img139]

And she has her HA too :p

[img139]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Aura_Sphere/spoink2_zpsqpti2fq4.jpg[/img139]

taufik386

got shiny tranquill, pancham and magneton from friend safari

magneton is one of byron's pokemon in platinum (cmiiw), so my CH's complete.

edit. other shinies from FS, shiny heracross and male combee (even with the male cute charm as the lead, and encounter a lot of female combees :D )

congrats everyone on your recent shinies, and good luck on your current hunting.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ugh...I've had 2200 SRs with the Shiny Charm, and no shiny Uxie!

Razorbadger

Congrats to razor fire on Ho-Oh and Latias, snowfy5 on Latios, maldoror on Anorith and Uxie, SkyMew on Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza, Greedy Chibi on Croagunk, Cheeze IOW on Suicune, Twilit Dragoon on Paras, Totodile and Drowzee, taufik386 on Noibat, Hoppip, Regirock, Karrablast and Castform, Shabadoo on Latias, wobbanut on Pikachu and Minccino, umbreonfan3636 on Abra, TheMaster327 on both Munna and Honedge, ShiningKnightXY on Mespirit and Suicune, ChaoticInverse on Drifloon, Raptor737 on Latios, Ampharos_Spark on Clauncher, StrongBad456 on Miltank, Mareep and Swirlix, Aesnath on Kyogre, Cpchris on Palkia, Shine on Spoink and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Tina for the luck, good luck yourself with that lengthy Archen hunt.

I've been making steady progress for Oshawott over the last week or so which now stands at 6870 SRs. I should hit odds before the start of next week and I'm kind of resigned at this point to this being my first over odds hunt since Bagon and of course it would be the hunt with minute long SRs that does so. In other news I've settled on what I want to hunt next in my Heart Gold BQ, Wooper in the Cliff Edge Gate, although I won't be hunting that until sometime after Oshawott shines.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

Meowth City

Staff member
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/Sr1oLV1.jpg[/IMG300]

I'm so happy! I can't believe my Cute Charm trick worked and I actually managed to get a shiny FEMALE Eevee using the DexNav method. Only 14 chains. That was fast!

This little silver fox is so adorable x3

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
After ~500 RE's in my hunt for a Shiny Miltank/Tauros(non-horde/radar, but w/Shiny Charm), i have found a Shiny Tauros. :D

Phase #1 - Shiny Tauros

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06/C8A4F708-2997-45F9-9F1A-A0BF4C90C008_zpsefh6cvvq.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06/86E1E019-B99C-4F1D-BD5F-ABB8C9EC9908_zpsjnyju7hs.jpg[/IMG139]

Onto Phase #2 of this hunt, and hopefully this time, i shall find BlueMoo. :)

Swordfish

Flying Fury
Congratulations to everyone who has gotten their shinies, and good luck to anyone who hasn't yet.

Started my Pichu MM 2 days ago, 3 boxes in with no shine yet. I'm breeding them with Thunder Punch and Volt Tackle, here's hoping I get lucky and the shiny is actually usable.

SkyTheAbsol

Dark-Type Fanatic
Was breeding a Friend Guard Cleffa to become a Clefairy for a Doubles Sun team when this happened.

9XljoKj.jpg

She's almost perfect, only missing Special Attack, but I didn't plan on focusing on damage with a Clefairy anyways - she's all trained up now and has her own spot on the team.

Blasting Toise

Congrats on all new shinies and good luck for hunts :)

I have been horde hunting in OR and Y. No Koffing from hordes just yet but another shiny Numel appeared- this one too has bad stats though. Maybe that Koffing also pops up if I continue.

I managed to find shiny Roggenrola and shiny Mime Jr. when I was hunting the latter one from hordes in my Y. I'm pretty happy with Mime Jr's stats too- perfect attack, defense and speed. I Named her Harley :p

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
These past few days I've continued doing consecutive fishing in Y version hoping to find Shinies, but I haven't had luck since finding the Shiny Horsea and Skrelp the other day. Anyway, I've done 70 or so horde encounters as well, plus 100 more SRs for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt too, but nothing good has happened so far. Good luck to others though.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
So is it my bad luck or am I just not doing a Chain Fishing Shiny hunt right? In the ORAS games, when the rain stops on route 119 and you park yourself under the bridge on one side and fish with the SuperRod, you get a consistant stream of Feebas. I caught 42 of them in a row and no purple Feebas. I was so disappointed. Did I do something wrong?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I don't have too much shiny news because my computer broke down again (I'll get a new one eventually) so I couldn't multi-hunt, but before it broke down I got a shiny sandslash in White 2 (too little too late for last month's CH) and (finally!) a shiny boldore in Black 2.

I'm going on a vacation this weekend, so hopefully I can find play between X, Y, and OR and see what kind of shinies I can find.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Yup, I called it...

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/190_zps9n2jsqyw.jpg[/img139]

Shiny spinda after roughly 516 hordes/2,580 pokemon seen (my count got screwed up so I'm probably off by a few hordes...). He's bold-natured and thoroughly cunning, with Own Tempo.

I did not hunt today, so heatran remains at 16,000 SRs and snover is still at 1,740 eggs.

Community hunt complete!

Steelcry

Mew Guardian
Well I'll be... I think my shiny luck has improved! I was hunting in FS for a HA Wartortle but instead I found a shiny FEMALE Frogadier! The only down side is she doesn't have her HA but I caught her and placed her in the family of shiny frogs. Lol thanks to WT I had a shiny froakie and Greninja now by crazy randomness I have Frogadier to comeplate the stages! And here I thought I was going to have to breed me one XD I'll still breed one later but at the moment I'm happy as pie!

Good luck to all on their hunting and congrats to those who completed them!

Scrufox86

Just wanted to say congrats to all new shinies since my last post which has been a while ago. I have not been playing pokemon as much due to other things so I still have a lot of stored eggs to hatch. I am currently trying for the remaining fossil pokemon I need a shiny of as well as a few others like Chatot, HA Froakie and porygon.

Well congrats once again to each shiny since my last post and good luck shiny hunters!