• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to kirkeastment on Omanyte and Exeggcute, SkyMew on Cyndaquil, Twilit Dragoon on Togepi and Unown, Shiny Lord on Entei, Crimson Penguin on Tepig, xEryChan on Golbat, Shiny Lord on Azelf, kirkeastment on Kabuto, Shiny Lord on Virizion, Cyberra on Shelmet, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, kirkeastment, Twilit Dragoon, and Crimson Penguin :)

-----------

Shiny Bidoof video is ready to go :)

I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY. Wow. I am so freakin happy right now; this is crazy! On the 567th RE of the day, and after 2,567 REs, my crazy June luck continues with this utterly stunning Shiny Vulpix!

[IMG200] http://i.imgur.com/Btm0Iwi.jpg?1[/IMG200]

I honestly almost had this listed as a target more for symbolic reasons and not because I actually thought I’d be able to get it at 10% (at least not without a ton of phases). If nothing else, I thought I’d have to use a repel trick to have a better shot at finding one. I was watching Orange is the New Black when I looked down and saw it appearing. It was so fantastic and bewildering to see! Also, I find it really fascinating that I have yet to find a duplicate from this area: Cottonee (30%), Bronzor (15%), Marill (10%), Swablu (20%), and now Vulpix (10%). That leaves only Altaria (5%) and Golduck (10%), neither of which I’m really concerned about finding since I’d rather just get a Swablu anyways. But still, not one duplicate yet!

It’s female, Brave, Likes to relax, and has IVs: 19 – 12 – 2 – 12 – 18 – 7. After a bit of indecision, I decided that even though I’ve already found two shinies here this round, both targets, but less than 3k REs total I’ll stay here for one more shiny as long as my luck’s been good here, plus I only left the cave 11 days ago after being there almost 3 months. Also, I’m going to hold off on evolving Vulpix for now, as much as I want to have a gorgeous shiny Ninetales.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Shy, Ruru_star, sksilax1234, Cyberra, ChaoticInverse, AquaRegisteel, RedJirachi, and Nakashima)!

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Can someone remind me, was it HG/SS or D/P/P that you can actually see the shiny starter before you select it?

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Can someone remind me, was it HG/SS or D/P/P that you can actually see the shiny starter before you select it?

It was HGSS

But some updates on my shiny hunting, its been a while since I last posted, but I've been in a bit of a drought. However I am almost at two boxes of self obtained shinies! One more to go. I recently got a shiny Clawitzer from Chain Fishing in X and a Sandslash evolved from a sandshrew from horde hunting in AS. I'm currently MM'ing a HA Tepig in AS and SRing for a Tyrunt in X but no luck so far. GL to those hunting and grats on the recent shinies!

Last edited:

Pigeon Mitch

Eraser Rain
HGSS was awesome for simply doing that. It was a nice method, as I was never biased on which starter I would choose, as long as I could get one shiny.

I started hunting Reshiram over Registeel for now. On 610 for Reshiram. I'll be looking forward to seeing those sparkles. Good luck to everyone else on their hunts and their most recent shinies!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Yay!!! .... I mean Dammit!!! lol

Well after ~500 RE's, which lets be honest you cannot complain about, i have completed Phase 4 of my Route 12 Shiny Hunt.

Alas, as was discussed in my past post, that 55% chance of getting a duplicate Shiny struck, and it stung me twice, as not only was it a duplicate but it was a rarer duplicate, another Shiny Slowpoke. These 10% encounter rate Pokemon are determined to scare away Shiny BlueTank lol.

Oh well, here is the lovely gal in her glory;

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06/1963EDB9-1656-468F-B060-A4075DFE6949_zpsak7ycd08.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06/B71FAB50-D5A8-447B-9E7A-AE0A107C71EE_zpsipefvogl.jpg[/IMG139]

I'm happy to have obtained another Shiny Pokemon though & it means i get to go back to SR'ing for a Shiny Fossil. This time it is the awesome Aerodactyl. I had to collect some more Fossils, but managed to amass 16 Old Amber to get revived each time. I would say i'm hoping for a quick hunt, but hey, ShinyCharm hunts are kinda quick anyway. Either way i cannot wait to add this purple bird to my Shiny Collection.

Good luck with your hunts everyone :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I've been consecutive fishing some more these past few days and I still haven't had any luck hooking a Shiny Octillery or any other Shiny in the sea. I've done horde encounters on both Y and Alpha Sapphire as well, but nothing's happened. I'll likely stop these hunts next week and resume my SRs for a Shiny Rayquaza.

Shiny Lord

I'm now at 1,000 SR for Heatran in Alpha Sapphire(I have shiny charm) and 700 SR in Heartgold for Mewtwo!(Hopefully it doesn't take too long to shine) I am really hoping something shines soon.

hey guys :) gratz on the new shiny pokemon
so i collected 6 boxes of eggs and hatched a shiny poochyena and am hatching the last few eggs now. after this i think i might chain fish or horde encounter probably on x since i dont have the shiny charm on ruby
good luck everyone!

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
So I've been consecutive fishing some more these past few days and I still haven't had any luck hooking a Shiny Octillery or any other Shiny in the sea. I've done horde encounters on both Y and Alpha Sapphire as well, but nothing's happened. I'll likely stop these hunts next week and resume my SRs for a Shiny Rayquaza.

Are you SRing Rayquaza in a Generation 3 game? Because it's shiny locked in ORAS.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Gotcha!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/211_zpsprxbqfib.jpg[/img139]

I chased this bugger across two different friend safaris, and after 2,269 REs (5,485 REs total) he shines. He's impish and somewhat vain, with Inner Focus. I'm now done with fighting safaris for a while; my next fs hunt will be fire-type after magmar.

Heatran is at 19,700 SRs. Cherubi is still at 70 eggs. Route 19 is at 1,100 hordes (and the rain is beginning again XP)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Groan and moan! 4200 SRs with the Shiny Charm, and still no shiny Mesprit! This is the most unluckiest shiny hunt so far

I have a shiny Porygon with Up-Grade. Is Porygon2 a surperior shiny to its evolved form?

Shiny Lord

After 1,031 soft resets in Alpha Sapphire Shiny Heatran appeared. Here are the stats. I have shiny charm.

#485 Heatran [Modest]
IVs: 6, 7 / 24, 25 / 31 / 30, 31 / 20, 21 / 30, 31
Stats at Lv.50: 154|0 / 96|0 / 126|0 / 165|0 / 121|0 / 97|0

Still hunting Mewtwo as well. Need to pick another legendary target to duel hunt for.

Last edited:

DJX

Shiny hunter
So i sold my ds a while ago , recently got back into it and bought White 2 for dirt cheap!

So as soon as i finish my dex and hunt for a long target of mine mudkip

I plan on a badge quest for Black 2 Currently at 100/srs for tepig.

Good luck and congratulations!

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, I had a bunch of repeat shinies this past week, but at least none of them were pokemon that I had more than one of, that was great.

First, in Black2, I found a repeat shiny koffing, which was also a reclaim since I accidentally ran away from one a while back in the 5th gen games (I also have one in OR).

Then in SoulSilver, I found a repeat shiny rattata outside Goldenrod City during my quad hunt. It's my second rattata, third in the line (with my ratticate in 5th gen).

Then I found a second shiny gligar in a horde in Y.

Then I found a second shiny wurmple in a horde in OR.

And since gligar and koffing both fall under Koga for the CH, it's Community Hunt complete x2.

On a sadder note, I had a fail of a different sort this week. When I went back to the pokemon center after a few days of not visiting it in OR, I found out that at some point between my birthday and that visit that a nice wild pokemon had gifted me with pokerus. Unfortunately, the virus had run its course before I could preserve it. T_T At least I still have a few active infected pokemon in X, but man, that sucks.

Kalosian

So long
I don't what it is with me getting so many random shinies lately (with "lately" being this year and last). Now it has only been 10 days since I last got one, and while it isn't as frequently as it was back in January when I got random shinies two days in a row, and 4 random shinies within 11 days, it is still within a very short time frame. I don't why this happens. It is odd. But in a very good way.

Thanks to Ampharos_Spark, Cpchris, umbreonfan3636 and Razorbadger for the congrats from last time.

Earlier today, I was training some Pokemon on X and defeating wild Pokemon on Route 8. Went into a battle against a certain wild Pokemon, one-shotted it and prepared to defeat the next Pokemon as well. Went into another battle and from the silhouette, I saw that it was the same species as the one I had just beat. So I just had to defeat this one as well. It would be easy. But... it had a different color. And sparkles. There was no way I would defeat this.

[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/BalloonParty/IMG_4753_zpsgfl7dg7f.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/BalloonParty/IMG_4759_zpshjcwrrrz.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/BalloonParty/IMG_4761_zpsjml8h3ku.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/BalloonParty/IMG_4780_zps5pa4zfsz.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/BalloonParty/IMG_4783_zpsnbic4bpn.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/BalloonParty/IMG_4796_zpsvelvqvra.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/BalloonParty/IMG_4805_zpsnqwiui83.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n82/Hoto747/pkmn/glitters/BalloonParty/IMG_4815_zpspsyjhlay.jpg[/img139]
This is my 8th random shiny on X, which means I have met twice as many random shinies here compared to Emerald which is at second place and has been so for a while now. Had the Shiny Charm as always. Also, I have met so many random shinies on this game that I had to move them to a separate box, there just wasn't any space left for all of them in the box I previously kept them in.

Congrats to all who have gotten shinies recently and good luck to everyone who is hunting.

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
So yeah, it was a short hunt afterall :D

After less than 480 Aerodactyl seen, BAM!!

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06/C5876DBC-1F96-447F-BCC5-4D50C98E8E26_zps8d30rn0n.jpg[/IMG139]

So i am off to begin Phase 5 of my Route 12(Kalos) Shiny Hunt.

I'm really hoping that Shiny BlueTank makes an appearance this time, as i'd like to move on from this Route asap lol, lest i get more duplicates. :)

Good luck everyone with your hunts. :)

Last edited:

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Uxie is being much more of one of my traditional hunts seeing as it is not taking just a week like Mesprit or a single day like Raikou, Suicune, and Regice. I am at around 950 srs so I am not exactly over shiny charm odds, but I am still excited and cannot wait to finish the Lake Guardian Trio.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to xEryChan on Golbat, Shiny Lord on Azelf, Virizion, and Heatran, kirkeastment on Shuppet, Kabuto, Slowpoke, and Aerodactyl, Cyberra on Riolu, Meditite, Shelmet, Weepinbell, and Throh, Cpchris on Vulpix, Zekromaster826 on Clawitzer and Sandshrew, maskofsanity1998 on Poochyena, wobbanut on Koffing, Rattata, Gligar, and Wurmple, Kalosian on Drifloon, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to kirkeastment and Cpchris for the congrats!

No new shinies for me, but I did start a new hunt. I've been talking about doing a Spritzee MM for months; well, I finally got around to prepping for it last night, and it's now underway today with 60 eggs hatched so far. Really hoping I can get a shiny with the HA this time (for some reason I have terrible luck with getting them on my MM shinies - the only one that had its HA was Pichu, and that took two attempts). In other news, Route 45 is at 700 REs, Bulbasaur is at 700 SRs, Granite Cave is at 600 REs, and Virbank Complex is at 400 REs. I think I'll focus on the latter two hunts tonight and/or tomorrow to get them up to 700 as well, and then I'll start rotating all my hunts to keep things interesting. Five projects at once is going to be a lot to manage, but it should be fun. ^_^

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially Cyberra, RedJirachi, and Lorde!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
1. CH completion list updated.

2. There's only 1 suggestion so far for next month's CH, if 24 hours from now there's no other suggestion, it will automatically be next month's CH, whether you like it or not :p

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Okay, I'm going to start hunting Lugia instead 2morrow. Thanks to Pokemon Y, I have two Masterballs. In case you're wondering, I'm getting shinies using Pinsir. Its a team member(thus one of my strongest Pokemon in AS), it has Swords Dance and thanks to Aerilate its False Swipe has STAB