• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Valkyries are female, though

Anyway,

July CH has been added to the first post.
I an surprised no one else made a suggestion. I would have liked to see other ideas. I understand it is more of a form exclusive, but could you add the Shellos line?

Last edited:

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
BQ #1 hunt in Santalune Forest is now on day 12 and at 16,500 REs!!!! :( I'm at the point where I genuinely believe the game has glitched or something, and I honestly don't think the shiny will appear. I don't know why I haven't given up yet, maybe because I don't want to give the game the satisfaction of knowing it's beaten me.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I didn't have many shinies this past week, but it wasn't for lack of trying. God knows I did a quad hunt all week and only finally got a pair of shinies last night.

First, after MONTHS and MONTHS of hunting outside Ecruteak City in HeartGold, hoping for a shiny spinarak, and keeping my fingers crossed for anything but hoothoot, I ended up with a martian deer instead. LOL Somehow I had the feeling that if I didn't get spinarak or pidgey, it would be stantler. It took many many balls (I had no pokemon that could safely weaken it), but I finally caught in a level ball. I still have a chance for shiny spinarak since I also started hunting there in SoulSilver in the hopes that I could finally encourage HG to cough up a shiny (at least it finally did).

In other shiny news, a short time later I got yet another shiny zubat in a horde in OR. :p Now I've got my martian bat to go with my martian deer.

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Hi all. Been about 6 months I last visited this place!
First off, congratulations to everyone with their shinies!!

I finally hatched my perfect IV'ed shiny Pawniard! It took me about 5000 eggs, I hatched 14 shinies!!!
Glad this hunt is over, now I'm gonna raise it to help me in the hunt for the legendaries in ORAS.
I called her BlauwHelm (dutch for Bluehelm).

Good luck everyone in their hunt for shinies!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Coming in Hot for July... 2 New Shinies :)

Yesterday after over 120 SR's and 2400 Cranidos seen, this beauty shone(CH Complete!!!):

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-07/6B1C7EE9-D8ED-449D-919A-7F6366D113D9_zpsxm93hpgd.jpg[/IMG139]

But the bigger and better news is that today, after 7 Phases, Shiny Miltank finally appeared :D

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-07/6A9EB97E-0D9F-47F9-B872-ED0C19D9ED36_zpswl6cjf0j.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-07/527A61A9-3554-451C-83C6-3F65D8C692B3_zpsegy34b6y.jpg[/IMG139]

I'm now beginning my SR'ing for Shiny Tirtouga but before i do start i have to gather another 5 fossils, so i can revive 18 Tirtouga at a time.

I decided that i am going to keep mixing it up in terms of my hunts & will be switching Routes in Pokemon Y with every Shiny i find. I've already made a mental note of around a half dozen Shiny Pokemon i want to get, and i'm going to try my darndest to get them.

Good luck with your hunts everyone. :)

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
I realized last night that I had a bunch of new Friend Safaris I hadn't explored yet, and found a Psychic one with just Abra and Espurr! I love Meowstic (could you tell?), so I decided to start hunting today, and within 15 minutes I found a shiny Abra! He's Sassy with Inner Focus, which isn't great, but I'm still glad I was able to put him to sleep and catch him before he teleported away. He's the first psychic shiny I've gotten myself, whoo!

Congrats on all the shinies and good luck to those hunts!

~Psychic

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*doing a crazy happy dance* I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!!!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/226_zpsygvzs3g6.jpg[/img139]

Shiny heatran! She appeared today after a total of 21,234 soft resets! I was releasing breejects from my cherubi MM when I heard sparkles, looked at my other screen and there she was! My hunt lead is a bisharp; she had no problem killing him but in the process he got her down into the yellow, then I brought out lunatone and put her to sleep. Three dusk balls later, she was all mine :D

Nature!
[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/227_zpssovbe4uv.jpg[/img139]

Stats!
[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/228_zpswr97ymvi.jpg[/img139]

SPARKLES!
[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/229_zps1p4ljy4z.jpg[/img139]

I saved three times after catching her ^_^ After that I went down to Route 20 to reach the Cave of Being and get access to the lake trio. I'm already set up in front of azelf at the base of Victory Road. After I get azelf, I'll go for uxie, then finally mesprit.

In other news, I went back into the grass safari for tonight's leg of the hunt, phase 2 for not-maractus, and after 42 REs, 1,642 total, I find this.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/236_zpsyvndqs38.jpg[/img139]

He's naive and takes plenty of siestas, with gluttony. I've already evolved him to simisage. Now back to cherubi.

Cherubi is at 1,140 eggs. Azelf is at 0 SRs.

Psychic

Really and truly
Congrats, Cyberra! Shiny Heatran has really pretty eyes.

So I've pretty much been nonstop hunting for a shiny Espurr since my last post, and just as I was about to start a Netflix show, BLING-BLING! This one's a male, Modest (since I made sure to use a Synchronizer this time) with Keen Eye. I'd like to catch a female, too, so I can have a cute little pair! And maybe I'll hunt for a third so I can have a happy shiny family because I am a huge dork I can never bring myself to evolve my shinies.

~Psychic

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Huge congrats on the Heatran, Cyberra, seeing how bad those odds were treating you. Looking back at Heatran, it is one of the more underrated shiny legendaries imo. As for my hunts. I have not been quite as consistent with Uxie as I planned so I hope to put in a lot more time tomorrow to help compensate. After Uxie I may just go back to DexNav hunting while I wait for Cresselia to appear. Good luck to everyone and congrats to any recent shinies in the last week.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Dagnabbit!!!!!

So after around 40 SR's or 600 Tirtouga seen, Shiny Archen has appeared!!!

Wait What? You say...

Well here's what happened. When i SR for a Shiny Fossil, i just tend to button mash the A button to collect and i'm just occasionally looking down at the screen. So sometimes i'll catch the last few Tirtouga and stop myself before grabbing an Archen & sometimes i'll end up grabbing like 5 Archen, as i get caught up with whatever tv show or sport i'm watching.... which at the time was the Heather Watson Wimbledon Tennis Match.

Anyway, this time i collected 2 Archen, just 2, and wouldn't ya know it, the 2nd Archen was Shiny lol, ah well it is a Shiny i was going to hunt next anyway lol, so it's a win but it's just annoying as i've now lost 15 Cover Fossils, so i've got some grinding to do before i start my next Fossil SR Hunt.

Anywho, enough rambling, here is the Shiny Archen. :D

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-07/8C088656-073E-4971-BCB1-0697A5AA8E85_zps2icwjvwg.jpg[/IMG139]

So now begins the new phase of my Kalos Shiny Hunt. I'm off to Route 4(Yellow Flowers) with my Male Cute Charmer, to hopefully get a Shiny Female Combee. I don't have anything from that Route in Shiny Form, so whatever shows up is a victory for me. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So these past few days I've done around 130 more horde encounters and hatched almost 75 more eggs for my Shiny Spheal Masuda Method hunt as well. Once I snag another Shiny, I'll try my luck at consecutive fishing again, then I'll resume my Shiny Rayquaza hunt. Congrats to kirkeastment, Cpchris, Crimson Penguin, and Meowth City on the Shinies btw.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
At last! After 3959 SRs, I finally got me a shiny Lugia! Saved the Master Ball for it. Now I'm going after Regice

Kacho

You are next.
so school's out and grad (college grad) now im back to trying to MM a shiny froakie. then a swilrlix

no really, i just need these 2 more then im done shiny breeding >_>

#school eats my gaming time

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Screw it. I'm going to hunt Regice in BW2. That way I can actually see if its shiny

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Screw it. I'm going to hunt Regice in BW2. That way I can actually see if its shiny

As someone who's hunted and caught a shiny regice in Black 2, I can tell you that it's still a pain to tell if it's shiny or not. What I had to do was wait a few seconds after it appeared to see if it was going to sparkle or not before I soft reset. That way I wouldn't SR over a shiny one without realizing. It's a very slight color difference, but still so very rewarding to see it finally appear.

As for my hunts, I'm 400 REs into the next leg of the hunt for shiny petilil. Azelf is at 200 SRs. And that stubborn cherry is approaching 1,500 eggs.

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
14 days, about 82 hours of game play, and approximately 19,500 RE, and my Y version STILL refuses to give me a shiny!!! :( I eventually decided to move out of Santalune Forest, since after 17,000 encounters, nothing appeared. I've decided to go back to Route 2 and wait for something to appear there (If its another Bunnelby, I...I will be beyond furious). I have NEVER had a RE hunt last this long on any Pokémon game, even with those at the original 1/8100 odds.

Congratulations to everyone who has had a shiny recently.

SkyMew

Just got myself an Outstanding Shiny Eevee with nice HP, Def, Sp. Atk and Sp. Def stats! In Pokémon Y.

The ability wasn't the right one, but I'm happy with it.

It's my third Shiny Eevee that I've hatched, and I was planning to get a Shiny Sylveon with Pixilate.

I already have a Shiny Glaceon and a Leafeon~ ^^

DJX

Shiny hunter
So 2 days ago after around 500ish eggs , I got my adamant 5iv Shiny mudkip! i was really shocked when i got this was paying no attention , its missing sp def , but i dont think thats a big deal for swampert!

Currently at around 700 eggs for scatterbug it wont shine , just keeping hatching!

http://imgur.com/j1zhWrX

theres the link for my mudkip i have no idea how to post the exact picture on here!

I really want to start a badgequest on white2 as i missed Gen 5 , But the srs are so long that i lose interest , I'm wondering if its worth dual hunting and buying another Normal DS to hunt on Both my X/Y and white2? any opinions is it easier like this or harder etc?

Edit! , Shiny scatterbug! my last egg i had in my party it started hatching and was looking at my monitor to see why i couldnt connect to online services , Looked back and a white bug was staring at me has 5 perfect iv's except SP atk which is bleh but i guess its not too bad! has compound eyes too! http://imgur.com/M4PwGuJ

Next mm hunt is either Koffing or pawniad!

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Hello again everyone, seems like there has been an awful lot of shinies recently! In particular, congrats to kirkeastment and cpchris on the impressive hauls of yours. And an extra big congrats to Cyberra, that is a rewarding end to the Heatran hunt!

Speaking of impressive hauls...I don't have one. As it stands, I'm currently at 27,880 REs for Magnemite. SoulSilver hasn't brought any shinies, even though that game is at nearly 14,000 REs on its own! Regardless, this is my longest RE hunt without catching a shiny. I do hope something beige and black shines soon, I was supposed to move on to a new hunt ages ago.

As for new hunts, I am starting a BQ on Platinum in order to reclaim the shinies I lost on my original Platinum game. At the minute, I'm at 550 REs for BQ#1. On White2, I am at 475 REs for an Eelektrik - which I am using the Repel Trick for. A Boldore would also be very nice though.

Good luck everyone, especially to TheMaster327, cpchris (hah, like you need extra luck!), Crimson Penguin, darkpaladin2015 (don't give up yet! We all have frustratingly long hunts but they are normal, don't worry!) and kirkeastment.

umbreonfan3636

Congrats to Cyberra on Maractus, Weepinbell, Gligar, Simisage and especially on Heatran, Azulart on Farfetch’d, Crimson Penguin on Patrat, Spritzee, and Skarmory (that’s a dream shiny of mine), Phillies on Octillery, Nidoran, Yanma, Mime Jr., Vanillite, and Foongus, serpent222 on Azelf, kirkeastment on Sieldon, Tauros, Cranidos, Miltank, and Archen, i2i on Mareep, Wishmur, Foongus, Electrike, Weepinbell, Gligar, Roggenrola, Riolu, and Vullaby, cpchris on Caterpie and Tentacruel, Alexander18 on Roggenrola, Wurmple, Slakoth, and Bellsprout, Meowth City on Tentacool, Growlie19 on Wishmur, wabbanut on Stantler, eiger on Pawniard, Psychic on Abra and Espurr, RedJirachi on Lugia, SkyMew on Eevee, and DJX on Mudkip!

Special good luck to darkpaladin2015 on your long hunt and AquaRegisteel on Magnemite!

Well my Platinum game has been just churning out under odds shinies. I didn't really get a chance to hunt much this week because I've had to study, but I was procrastinating today and decided to get some REs in. BQ#5 popped up only after ~650 REs on Route 203. I didn't even get to finish EV training my Roselia in Special Attack against the Abra there. I'm so amazed how fast this BQ is going. I'm over halfway done in just over 1 month.

[img139]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/umby_3636/IMG_1989_zpsh92tbyj6.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/umby_3636/IMG_1991_zpssspsqbli.jpg[/img139]

Kind of a crappy nature (+ Def, - Speed), but I'm going to EV train her in Attack and Speed anyway. I thought an Ultra Ball looked best with Luxray's form, but I only had one of them so I was happy that it caught on the first ball.

I have no idea what to hunt next. I don't want to neglect my Ruby BQ, but I gotta go with the lucky game (I think my Ruby game file has more hours played than my Platinum, with 3 less shinies).

Last edited: