• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to all recent shinies!

Due to needing a water type, I decided to chain fish for my BQ#4 in Y. I would have preferred Clamperl, but was rewarded with a purple Remoraid. He's a lonely nature, so have decided on a mixed attacker set. Not entirely sure where to go for my BQ#5 when I get that far (definitely a horde hunt).

Good luck to everyone!

Shiny Lord

6,000 sr for Mewtwo in Heartgold now and 1,200 for Tornadus in Omega Ruby(Have Shiny Charm) Really hoping something shines soon. Getting close to once again going over the shiny charm odds in a soft reset hunt.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I had a little more luck this week in finding fresh shinies.

First, I decided to spend a few days in a Mirage Cave in OR to see what kind of shiny I could find, hopefully onix, and I found a shiny klink. I'm not complaining, even if klink isn't a favorite. :)

Then I decided to move to Dewford and tried chain fishing for a shiny tentacool, and got another magickarp. That's three now.

Finally, after a few weeks stuck on my favorite route on Black 2, Route 112, I managed to find a shiny combee. Male, unfortunately, but at least it's a cool shiny. :)

Congrats to all recent shinies!

Due to needing a water type, I decided to chain fish for my BQ#4 in Y. I would have preferred Clamperl, but was rewarded with a purple Remoraid. He's a lonely nature, so have decided on a mixed attacker set. Not entirely sure where to go for my BQ#5 when I get that far (definitely a horde hunt).

Good luck to everyone!

that first one was hell for you but at least the next 3 where pretty fast lol

ok so no new shiny yet but i've hatched 600+ more eggs and came up with a new idea for my next shiny... well i came up with it a long time ago but never actually went through with it(i forgot, whoops) anyways im doing another all-shiny team based on colors, this time one of each color of the rainbow. I haven't finalized the team but im thinking Scolipede, chandelure, gorebyss, espeon, braviary and zorark.... open to suggestions, though

so congrats to everyone and good luck to everyone as well

DarkraiMiestro

something or other
Going to go on a hunt for a shiny Latios on alpha sapphire using the run method w/eon ticket, hoping to get it by friday next week. Don't have shiny charm.

Last edited:

Razorbadger

Congrats to Cyberra on Cranidos, Uxie and Omanyte, paraqua on Ralts, Shiny Lord on Regice, DJX on Buizel, AquaRegisteel on Zubat, Cpchris on Bronzor, SoulOfSilver on Snover, Y-Pestis on Skitty, *PKMN Trainer Paddy* on Karrablast, wobbanut on Combee and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Cpchris and darkpaladin2015 for the congrats.

My Alpha Sapphire Badge Quest is over and in some style too after a 10% shiny Shroomish appeared after just 3664 REs.

[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/9e48e615-de27-4534-b6a9-f1d63cc0fea1_zpsgk2xq8e4.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/02f18859-589d-458f-bcf9-c471f72c8a49_zpsjesukm8q.jpg[/IMG139]

And so this BQ finishes with a full house of under odd shinies, even if this was once again the longest hunt I've had on the file. It is quite incredible just how lucky I've been on this BQ, eight under odd hunts in a row is quite surprising and all eight have been great shinies too. It started at the beginning of the year with a very quick starter hunt and that hunt set the tone for the whole BQ which went as follows:

1. 4th January - Treecko - 653 SRs
2. 31st March - Whismur - 2447 REs
3. 25th April - Marill - 69 REs (the same day that I found Sudowoodo in Heart Gold)
4. 29th April - Swablu - 1534 REs
5. 13th May - Sandshrew - 2403 REs
6. 23rd May - Zigzagoon - 3236 REs
7. 26th June - Snorunt - 3511 REs
8. 17th July - Shroomish - 3664 REs

So a longest hunt of 3664 REs and a shortest of just 69 REs making for an average hunt length of just 2190 REs, less than 100 over half odds, and a total of just 130 in game hours.

Shroomish is a gorgeous shiny and I'm both delighted and quite surprised to have found one. I said that my main target was Wurmple mostly because I didn't really expect to find a 10% Shroomish but finding one is probably the perfect way to finish this BQ.

I'm not really planning to hunt in my Alpha Sapphire anymore and I'm probably just going to rotate between my Heart Gold and White 2 although I might hunt a bit in my Fire Red too, at least until Froakie shines in my side hunt in Y allowing me to hunt some Kalos Pokemon. For now it's back to my Heart Gold where I'm targeting Ho-Oh.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

Smobble

MH4U <3
Shiny hunting update

Currently I am MM Cottonee :546: , so far I'm about 184 eggs in since yesterday. I haven't shiny hunted in a while so I'm glad to be back on board! Good luck to all your hunts out there!!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Well I can finally say I come bearing news. Today I was on the road with family checking out a college and driving to my uncle's for a total of 8-9 hours today. First trip to the college had no results and I was hoping something would finally give when on the second drive to my uncle's, I got a modest shiny Nosepass. I decided to continue hunting and on the 7th horde I got a calm shiny Houndour so I am officially going back to Uxie today. Good luck everyone.

Shiny Lord

6,300 sr for Mewtwo in Heartgold. 1,600 sr for Tornadus in Omega Ruby(over my shiny charm odds). Really hope something shines soon.

DarkraiMiestro

something or other
I finished up the first day of my Latios hunt at 610 encounters, hoping to get 1000 more today.

Dangertrout

I have no idea how long it's been since I last logged into these forums, so I couldn't possibly list the shinies I've found since my last post >.< For those who remember me and are curious about my absence, my health is still keeping me on my toes (two chronic illnesses resulting from my surgeries, but we've almost got them under control now ^_^), I'm at university full time, have a lot of work for our local anime convention and I'm getting married! So that's why I haven't been around :D A big thank you to whoever is running this thread now =)

In terms of shiny news, yesterday was insane. I kid you not, I found FIVE shinies in ONE hour last night in my X friend safaris.
Shiny Frogadier, Woobat, Rufflet and two Boldore in all their shiny glory.
Recent hatches include Shiny Machop, Litwick, Flabebe, Joltik and Sandile.
Now I'm breeding for a Druddigon and hanging out in a friend safari for rhydon and magcargo to add to my shiny dex.

Anyways, hope everyone is doing well! Good luck in all your hunts!

edit - shiny druddigon finally hatched, woo!!

Last edited:

Y-Pestis

Taking it slooooooow
Big congrats to everyone on their shinies, and good luck to those still hunting!

I wasn't expecting to be back here so soon, but I was making my way through route 120 on my newest Alpha Sapphire file when a random horde battle brought me this green cutie:

DSCI0173.jpg

Caught him in a nest ball and named him Neon. I already have a shiny Azumarill on my Omega Ruby file so this little guy won't be evolving.

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to new shinies!

Decided that for BQ#5 to horde hunt in reflection cave. So far seen ~6600. Already over the odds, and hoping for it to shine before bed time (watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II on ITV whilst hunting).

Good luck to everyone's shiny hunting endeavours.

Smobble

MH4U <3
Hunting Update!

Currently I'm still on the Cottonee MM hunt. I'm at 424 hatches so far, I'm very calm when MM so it's pretty relaxing. But I really hope soon enough I'll get the Shiny soon enough!

My next MM hunt is going to be Mawile, I haven't decided if I want to breed for Mega or regular. (I'm open to suggestions) Then after that hunt I'll do a horde hunt! I haven't decided that one either.

I wish you guys best of luck!! Happy Hunting!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After 2,104 REs in the rock safari, I have been rewarded with a shiny barbaracle!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/313_zpszacdhx2o.jpg[/img139]

She's hardy and capable of taking hits, with Tough Claws. I named her after another Greek myth, of a naiad who was turned into a sea monster. This safari also has dwebble and onix; I will be staying until I've caught both.

Mesprit is at 1,200 SRs. Would have done more but keep getting distracted.

Tirtouga is at 600 eggs.

After I get tirtouga I will be MMing anorith... What would be a good nature for armaldo? I've heard both adamant and jolly but I'm not sure which one would be better

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Congrats on the new Shinies everyone! I did some more consecutive fishing in Y these past few days and found a Shiny Octillery finally. I'm so happy and I will continue fishing for Shinies tomorrow. I've also done horde encounters this afternoon and SRs as well for my Shiny Rayquaza hunt. Good luck to others on their Shiny hunts. :)

DarkraiMiestro

something or other
at the end of day 2 of my Latios hunt, I have 1340 encounters, less than I had hpoed but still good. I'm hoping for 800 today. Good luck to everyone on your hunts! Congrats to Dangertrout, Cyberra and Lorde!

TheMaster327

I have no idea how long it's been since I last logged into these forums, so I couldn't possibly list the shinies I've found since my last post >.< For those who remember me and are curious about my absence, my health is still keeping me on my toes (two chronic illnesses resulting from my surgeries, but we've almost got them under control now ^_^), I'm at university full time, have a lot of work for our local anime convention and I'm getting married! So that's why I haven't been around :D A big thank you to whoever is running this thread now =)

In terms of shiny news, yesterday was insane. I kid you not, I found FIVE shinies in ONE hour last night in my X friend safaris.
Shiny Frogadier, Woobat, Rufflet and two Boldore in all their shiny glory.
Recent hatches include Shiny Machop, Litwick, Flabebe, Joltik and Sandile.
Now I'm breeding for a Druddigon and hanging out in a friend safari for rhydon and magcargo to add to my shiny dex.

Anyways, hope everyone is doing well! Good luck in all your hunts!

edit - shiny druddigon finally hatched, woo!!

Congrats on all those shinies, Dangertrout, and congrats on the engagement as well!

As for me, currently at 6,669 SRs/13,338 birds for Articuno or Moltres in Platinum. Super-long hunt and I hope it ends soon :/

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
Alright, I forgot to say this in my last post but congrats to everyone since I took a break. Most of you undoubtedly worked very hard or found your shinies. Anyways, I have a cold and my frequency of hunting has dropped. I will try what I can with Groudon on SoulSilver and Kyogre on Sapphire.

Phillies

Congratulations to everyone on their new shinies this week.

I spent most of the week trying to catch the legendary beasts. I only managed to catch Entei but haven't had any luck with either of the others. I also caught 4 Zubats, Swablu and a Spinda. I had my quickest turnaround ever with 2 of the Zubats. I caught one in a horde and then 2 horde encounters later i caught another one.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts.

Just added a Mareep.

Last edited: