• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
After a long time, whilst just levelling up some pokemon for 'dex I came across a shiny trevevant (horde). Very chuffed love the white and red. Nearly got a full box of shinies most from chain fishing and a few from hordes but not bothered. I also got a MM onix by accident was breeding for an imphish one . its gentle but it was a birthday shiny. I now have a MM/Wondertrade/several horde and many chain fished pokemon. I have a SR one on OR - my now combusken as a starter as well.

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
So congrats to everyone who was successful (ShingingKnightXY, Shiny Lord, Smobble, Cyberra x3, E.Fayth, darkpaladin2015 [jeez that’s a lot of mime Jr.] x2, LilyValley x2 [good job on the black dragon!], PKMN Trainer Paddy, Shine, Razorbadger [that’s beautiful], Dangertrout, Akko, wobbanut, RedJirachi [woot!], and Dragon trainer) and good hunting to those still looking (DarkraiMiestro, AquaRegisteel, Cpchris [tentacool is still neat though], Shiny Lord [for mewtwo], JohnNiles, and Lorde).

OK, so apparently, so I continue to still have some impressive luck. I’ve been SRing to and from work on the bus with my OG DS, since it’s pretty beat up anyway. After three weeks (around 2500 SRs), I just found a pink Moltres.

It was a particularly difficult catch, however. My strategy was to hope I could thunder wave him with Ampharos before he safe-guarded, then swich in Kyogre to start rain so that my level 100 Parasect hunter could survive a flamethrower and false swipe him. Ideally, I was going to try for love balls and then, move into level balls, with master ball back up if needed. It did not go that way.

First off, he used safeguard immediately forcing me to switch to Kyogre and get Parasect up so that he could start false swiping. Things went OK for a turn, then Ancient power gave Moltres a kick in pants with +1 to all stats. Now, Moltres was dealing about 200~230 damage to parasect with each Air Slash. Moreover, each time I tried to get Thunder wave to work, he safeguarded. I managed to finally stick him with paralysis about 35 of his moves in. I finally caught him in a level ball after 43 of his moves were used. All told it took me 18 balls and 6 max revives to catch the dang thing. I’m just glad it’s over.

Anyway, I’ll move on to Zapdos for my bus rides next—although I’m a bit concerned about noticing the difference in the critter when the shiny shows up. I’m starting to think about trying to get a shiny legend set (non-event, of those that are available). Rayquaza and Groudon both seem challenging (and I’ll have to convince my wife to let me hunt Groudon on her SS game), but, after that, the ORAS legends will feel relatively quick. I don’t know, it feels like crazy talk right now, that would be a lot of hunts.

DarkraiMiestro

something or other
Last edited:

Shiny Lord

10,000 sr for Mewtwo now in Heartgold.(Why did they shiny lock Mewtwo in Gen 6 ugh) Hope it shines soon. Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies. Especially the shiny legendaries.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Hey there guys, congrats on all the latest shinies! Also, glad to see you back and doing well, Dangertrout!

I have had a very busy couple of weeks... have about 4 or 5 different things taking up my time right now, so hunting has been at a minimum. I've managed to get my hunts up to 3500 REs in Granite Cave, 1500 SRs for Bulbasaur, 1300 REs in Castelia Park, and 1000 SRs for Lugia. I'm almost up to the odds on Omega Ruby and it's by far my longest hunt in that BQ so far (the first two hunts combined were only slightly over half of my current total for BQ #3!), so I hope something shines soon. Also repel tricking in Castelia Park is a pain in the butt... >_< Hoping to find at least one more shiny before July comes to an end.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

TheMaster327

7,250 SRs/14,500 birds now on the hunt for Molticuno. I hope it comes soon, as it's eating into other hunts I could do.

Congrats on the recent sparkles guys! Keep the luck going around :)

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Congrats everyone on their shines ! Also cheers for the first 6V shiny Cottonee :) I still need to hatch my 6V shiny :)
I also have a shiny report I am happy to share!

[img139]http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados-shiny/mawile.gif[/img139][img139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/27/Dream_Dream_Ball_Sprite.png[/img139]
Mawile
Nature: Adamant
Abillity: Intimidate
IV's: 31/31/31/x/31/31
- Fire Fang

His name is Chaos, but I might re-name him for a samurai kind of name since he looks like a samurai or sensei or something, chaos was just the first that came to mind.
but hey its a perfect shiny and competitive ready for action ! I chose Dream Ball because I found it most fitting on the shiny variant although the love ball was close, I like the Cloud animation of the dream ball.
Egg count: 326 (yeah long one but worth it :)

Good luck fellow shiny hunters ! I will be IV breeding Heavy ball Larvitars for a 6V one, there might pop up a shiny tho
but for now I'll be busy breeding for VGC teams. See you guys later !

Last edited:

Dangertrout

That was quick! I hatched my shiny Vulpix last night ^_^ I wasn't really trying for it, but I ended up with a Drought Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 female. Kind of wish I had bred in certain egg moves now >.< ah well, I'll decide what to do with it later. Now I'm breeding Igglybuff and still hunting Rhydon/Magcargo in FS. GLE!!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Aesnath on Moltres, DarkraiMiestro on Latios, Azulart on Mawile, Dangertrout on Vulpix, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, DarkraiMiestro:) And thank you for the luck, Aesnath!

-----------

Video of my live shiny duplicate Tentacruel is up.

OMG. SO HAPPY. After being slightly disappointed with a shiny Tentacruel, my game offers me this INCREDIBLE shiny Horsea after just 594 REs!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/9gDLI0M.jpg[/IMG200]

Oh man, I’ve barely had time to enjoy it though! Got home from work at like 10:30, and I was gonna meet up with my coworkers later last night and I was making brownies and decided to finish the movie I was watching and squeeze in 100 more REs to make it 400 for yesterday. Well, the movie ends, so I’m just listening to the credits (that Star Wars music!) and I have like 10 more REs to do…It’s 11:50 and I’m just tryin to hurry up so I can leave at a reasonable time…And then don’t I see this bright, vibrant blue Horsea coming across the screen on the 94th RE (394th of the day). Even more crazy that it happened so close to when I was gonna be done! Caught it, did everything I needed to for the video, finished up the last 6 REs on my other games, and saved em and shut em down so I could leave...So I didn’t really get to enjoy the excitement of it :x

Oh, AND it’s my 75th (caught) shiny! Nice to hit another milestone :) Next stop: 100!

It’s male, Quirky, Good endurance, Swift Swim ability, AND holding a 5% Dragon Scale! Sadly, his IVs are terrible (9 - 5 - 28 - 1 - 17 - 1), but it can stay a Horsea. Gonna stay here until I get Tentacruel, but if I find another Horsea (or 2!) then that’s absolutely okay! Looks like this has decided it for me, too – after I get Tentacool (assuming I still need at least 1 more Horsea), I’ll be working on completing the Horsea line rather than Mareep.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, ChaoticInverse, AquaRegisteel, TheMaster327, Shiny Lord, and Nakashima)!

Last edited:
Hello, since last week, I've been on holidays at my friend's home in the South of France so I didn't hunt during this week (We went to Nîmes, we spent much time at the pool or at the beach and we saw friends. And today, we have nothing special to do and we were tired of this week so we spent time of hunting. Froakie for my friend and chimchar for me. I began hunting at 3pm and at 5pm (After 2500 SR, approximately) I saw....

[spoil]1437852193002607800.jpg[/spoil]​

He's relaxed (bad nature) and his IVs aren't fabulous... But I don't care ;p. His nickname is Sôn Fapu because : San Goku and I found him at my friend's house and my friend's pseudonym is Fapy_Fap (His channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw2QtuOI0CgBB9UiuU-v9fQ).

Next hunt : Rayquaza o/ !

Y-Pestis

Taking it slooooooow
Congrats to everyone on all the shinies! This thread is always such a great source of inspiration for me ^^

Today, after a couple hours and 211 encounters, I caught this pretty pink gal:
DSCI0172.jpg

I want to go for a shiny Abra at some point, so she'll come in handy for that! I think this is my fourth or fifth successful go with the Dexnav now.

Good luck to everyone still hunting! Hope you get those shines soon!

Shiny Lord

11,000 sr now for Mewtwo. I really hope it shines soon. Congrats to all of the recent shinies everyone. Good luck to all.

Last edited:

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I've become bored quickly from hunting Groudon. This is because I tried it for about a month a while back and I am very unsure about what I should do. I could start Buneary now, but that means I have two things to complete, or, take a break with Blue Rescue Team. I have been spending time thinking because I simply don't know what is best.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
CH completion updated.

Also, oops. Turns out I never mentioned on my last post that you already can send me the CH ideas for next month. Do it now, then xD

Voting will start on 29 and ends on 31.

Yup, unfortunately I managed to get a useless duplicate despite its rarity.

Luck can be strange sometimes. More than a year ago, I was casually hunting in HG route 48. There are 8 Pokemon there, the rarest being Diglett with 4% encounter rate. Guess which one shines.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
THIRD shiny barbaracle found in the FS. Female, serious, and somewhat vain, with Sniper. Into wonder trade she goes...

Regigigas is at 1,055 SRs. Kabuto is at 720 eggs.

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
Good to be back so soon, because I took a very quick break with Blue Rescue Team and then decided I would dual hunt Buneary and Groudon. My DS Lite can't read my SoulSilver though, it's in bad shape which means I must find Groudon and get everyone onto a newer game pronto. I go on to hatch Buneary on Y but I lost my Everstone. I found one quickly and began hatching.

Just now, the 39th egg produces a Shiny Buneary. Female, Adamant and missing perfect HP with the moves Circle Throw, Fire Punch, Fake Out and Ice Punch. Does anyone know if my Buneary's Klutz affects using Loppunite? Anyways, I think I needed that break and I feel better about a lot of things. I'll try what I can with Groudon, and once I find it that means I will hunt in 6th Gen from now on.

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
I guess I'm doomed to go over the odds on ALL my shinies on this Badge Quest :/ (Octillery doesn't count as it was chain fished).

My BQ#7 is currently taking place as horde encounters in Frost Cavern. Honestly, if I hadn't been horde hunting these shinies, I'd probably still be stuff on shiny number 4 or something!
So far, I've seen ~6300 Pokémon in Frost Cavern. Would preferably like a Cubchoo, but would be happy with Vanilite and Smoochum as well :)

Blanket congratulations to all recent shinies! I cant remember them all, but ones that have stuck in my mind include: Tentacruel and Horsea, Vulpix, and Moltres. Good luck to those long hunts!

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Good to be back so soon, because I took a very quick break with Blue Rescue Team and then decided I would dual hunt Buneary and Groudon. My DS Lite can't read my SoulSilver though, it's in bad shape which means I must find Groudon and get everyone onto a newer game pronto. I go on to hatch Buneary on Y but I lost my Everstone. I found one quickly and began hatching.

Just now, the 39th egg produces a Shiny Buneary. Female, Adamant and missing perfect HP with the moves Circle Throw, Fire Punch, Fake Out and Ice Punch. Does anyone know if my Buneary's Klutz affects using Loppunite? Anyways, I think I needed that break and I feel better about a lot of things. I'll try what I can with Groudon, and once I find it that means I will hunt in 6th Gen from now on.

Klutz doesn't effect on Mega stones, experience or ev-boosting items ( like Lucky Egg and Macho brace)

Anyways, I'm bit pissed of right now. I have been hunting for shiny Yanma about half year, I have gotten seven shiny Nosepass in process and hatched over 260 eggs. Then I took break from hatching yanma eggs to breed some competitive mons and guess what. I was hatching Bold Feebas and 18th egg hatched shiny. Is it too muvh to ask to get one, simple shiny Yanma!!

Smobble

MH4U <3
Woooooo

Hatching that Tentacool finally! After 477 eggs!
Nature: Bold
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Egg move(s): Knock off, Rapid spin
IVs: 5~

I was just writing down my grocery list and then I went over to check and to hold and behold!! A shiny green and purple Tentacool. It's female and pretty stoke I can now start on my horde hunt now! (Roselia!)

Good luck to all those hunts and remember to keep going!
Happy Hunting!

Pic
image.jpg

RedJirachi

Veteran member
You won't believe my luck. I decided to start soft-resetting for a shiny Omanyte, seeing how quick I'd get it if I filled my party with 5 Omanyte in one SR(which I plan for gift Pokemon like it). A mere 40 SRs in(aka Soft Resetting it 8 times), and a shiny Omanyte I find. This is the luckiest shiny I have EVER gotten. This must have been a bone given for me while I have the cold