• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I cannot believe what just happened, i decided to take a quick hunt break from my Route 4 Kalos Shiny Hunt to check out encounter rates/HE rates for Scyther on Route 21.

The regular encountering was crazy, went through like 15 encounters with no Scyther, so decided to HE and noticed it was much better, so went with that. I saved the game, SR'd and began HE'ing. < I always SR when i change locations in game to start a new hunt, same as i always start a new save file every few hundred SR's when i am SR'ing for HG/SS Starters. Supersitions, eh :D

Anyway, the very first HE after SR'ing and WHAMMO!!!

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/B3A45A26-32F9-4B37-8CA7-2A5FA7F01BD1_zpshiriszif.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/EABE8B89-D5E5-42CC-866C-5F509E22C638_zpseya8cxy2.jpg[/IMG139]

I cannot believe just how lucky that was and i'm so ecstatic about it as it just relieves any pressures i may have had when hunting it in the future. :)

I'm now back on Route 4, hoping today is a lucky day and maybe this female Shiny Combee will appear too..... or even the long hunted 3rd Shiny Cyndaquil.... Seriously guys i have like 1 Shiny Cyndaquil, 5 Shiny Totodile & 6 Shiny Chikorita from trying for Shiny Cyndaquils on HG/SS. It's gotta be due soon lol

Good luck with your hunts everyone. :D

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I settled for Aerodactyl instead of Magikarp and I am going beyond 210 eggs. Those fossils really take a while. Good luck to everyone, and thanks for your congrats.

TheMaster327

Err. Well, I'm glad this didn't take long.

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0087_zpsggigpn6y.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0088_zpsptd5iqwa.jpg[/img139]

Only 104 eggs, this took :) He's Everstoned Jolly, with IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 5. Bit eww with the Speed, but I'm sure the nature compensates it!

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Hey everyone, congrats on your new shinies :).

Well I am here with a few new shinies. I was trying to get a shiny Trubbish on route 5, but sadly, instead of getting a shiny Trubbish, I ended up getting:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/b2w2shinies/IMG_0420_zps5ooddwi2.jpg[/img139]

My second shiny Solosis. I was a bit bummed about getting this shiny, especially when I already got a shiny Solosis from this route, but whatever. It was easy to catch, one critical capture Quick Ball and it was mine.

Shiny Solosis
Brave nature

I started up phase 4 in my attempts of getting a shiny Trubbish. I was talking to Aqua while I was hunting for Trubbish, and watching a few videos. I had just opened my game after putting it in sleep mode for a bit, and only 5 or so REs later:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/b2w2shinies/IMG_0427_zps8xinggbz.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/b2w2shinies/bb95af03-c0c3-49b7-bf14-adb3000b3e72_zpsebvvab2g.jpg[/img139]

YES, shiny Trubbish finally appeared after 4 phases and over 16000 REs total :). I swear my reaction for it finally showing up sounded like I was acting out The Grudge XD. After fainting the Solosis sitting next to it, one Luxury Ball snagged it.

Nickname screen
Shiny Trubbish
Hardy nature

That means Community Hunt Complete x1.

After getting this lovely little shiny trash bag, I decided to go back to my Route 6 hunt that I put on hold a while back. As I lost the previous RE count, I decided to start from scratch. I was getting a bit tired, and was about to save and turn off the game, when I noticed something odd about a Pokemon, and then to my surprise, there were sparkles flying around:

[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/b2w2shinies/IMG_0435_zps23e95nzp.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/b2w2shinies/IMG_0446_zpspmmwlkjd.jpg[/img139]

a shiny Karrablast :O. I didn't even have 100 REs for it when it appeared and scared the hell out of me. Needless to say, any bit of tiredness evaporated instantly XD. It didn't take that long to catch, after getting one of my Watchog to put it to sleep, a critical capture Repeat Ball caught it.

Nickname screen
Shiny Karrablast
Careful nature

Community Hunt Complete x2!

~

I'm definitely sticking around on route 6 and seeing what else I get. I haven't had much time the past couple days to hunt, as I worked a 15 hour shift(1 pm to 4 am X_X) and a 12 hour shift, so I'm relaxing for a bit. I'm not very picky on what shines in this route, I'm here to have a bit of fun until I get bored.

Other hunts are kinda put on hold for now, as I'd like to focus on this hunt right now. Anyways, see you guys next time, hopefully with more shiny sparkles :).

Sydwinx

Queen of Hoopla
Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies!!

Well, I haven't posted here in awhile ( mainly because I haven't gotten a shiny in that amount of time, lol.) but I did want to post about my friends recent shiny luck ( who doesn't go on serebii)
she restarted white, and was going to do a single Pokemon run( which was selected by a random egg that I had) and in order for me to trade her the egg, she decided to pick up her elemental monkey, which in this case was panpour. She named it some random name, as she didn't plan on using it, and decided to send it out to battle to show me the name. But when she sent it out, sparkles followed...it was shiny! Long story short, she's going to keep it and use it instead of the egg, but I figured I'd share it xD

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Update to the shinies

In my 302nd egg (A mere 85 eggs since Malachite hatched), a second shiny Trapinch hatched. Another female but this one only has 2 perfect IV's (Sp. Attack and Speed). I named her Agate.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
More shiny news from me, while EV training my shiny Frogadier, a regular Miltank and Talonflame, in Sky Pillar, I found a shiny Golbat in a horde. After I KOd the other 4 I caught it after a few attempts in a Heal Ball. She has a Modest nature and Inner Focus for her ability.

My Shiny Frogadier also evolved into Greninja which is PokeDex number 658 which counts for the community hunt. My Frogadier was caught on the second of August so does it count? I'm not 100% sure if evolved Pokemon do or not. I'm not bothered either way but it would be nice to complete the community hunt for a change.

Congrats to everyone on their new Shinies and good luck to those still hunting :)

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
More shiny news from me, while EV training my shiny Frogadier, a regular Miltank and Talonflame, in Sky Pillar, I found a shiny Golbat in a horde. After I KOd the other 4 I caught it after a few attempts in a Heal Ball. She has a Modest nature and Inner Focus for her ability.

My Shiny Frogadier also evolved into Greninja which is PokeDex number 658 which counts for the community hunt. My Frogadier was caught on the second of August so does it count? I'm not 100% sure if evolved Pokemon do or not. I'm not bothered either way but it would be nice to complete the community hunt for a change.

Congrats to everyone on their new Shinies and good luck to those still hunting :)

There was a rule on this sort of issue a while ago. In short, if you catch a shiny that evolves into a Pokemon that completes a CH, the evolved form won't count.

Last edited:

shiny_hunter5

I cannot believe what just happened, i decided to take a quick hunt break from my Route 4 Kalos Shiny Hunt to check out encounter rates/HE rates for Scyther on Route 21.

The regular encountering was crazy, went through like 15 encounters with no Scyther, so decided to HE and noticed it was much better, so went with that. I saved the game, SR'd and began HE'ing. < I always SR when i change locations in game to start a new hunt, same as i always start a new save file every few hundred SR's when i am SR'ing for HG/SS Starters. Supersitions, eh :D

Anyway, the very first HE after SR'ing and WHAMMO!!!

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/B3A45A26-32F9-4B37-8CA7-2A5FA7F01BD1_zpshiriszif.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/EABE8B89-D5E5-42CC-866C-5F509E22C638_zpseya8cxy2.jpg[/IMG139]

I cannot believe just how lucky that was and i'm so ecstatic about it as it just relieves any pressures i may have had when hunting it in the future. :)

I'm now back on Route 4, hoping today is a lucky day and maybe this female Shiny Combee will appear too..... or even the long hunted 3rd Shiny Cyndaquil.... Seriously guys i have like 1 Shiny Cyndaquil, 5 Shiny Totodile & 6 Shiny Chikorita from trying for Shiny Cyndaquils on HG/SS. It's gotta be due soon lol

Good luck with your hunts everyone. :D

Grats how come you are hunting a 3rd?

Shiny Lord

are all those quests complete? how do you choose which one to do!

All of my badge quests are complete yes. Just hunting random pokemon now in my games at the moment.

Phillies

Congratulations to everyone who got new shinies this week.

I managed to catch the following shinies this week. 2 Ariados, Meditite, Sawk, Minccino & Illumise

Good luck to everyone.

shiny_hunter5

really don't know what game to do a shiny quest on!
I wanted to do X but I found
Shiny Zubat horde
Shiny Whisumr horde
shiny hoppip horde
shiny guplin horde
shiny Bunnelby by itself
shiny Flabebe by itself
shiny Nidoran horde

before I did gym 3 so either i was lucky or its stupidly easy to find shinies on 5th gen?

any recommendations? I own a copy of all the versions pretty much! well one of the two for that game at least.

Shiny Lord

Just caught a shiny Poochyena via Dexnav. It came really fast. Here are it's stats:

#261 Poochyena [Quiet]
IVs: 7 - 12 / 14 - 19 / 7 - 12 / 31 / 5 - 10 / 19 - 29
Stats at Lv.17: 40|0 / 26|0 / 18|0 / 22|0 / 16|0 / 18|0

It is female and has Quick Feet ability.

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
Massive congratulations to all the shinies from the past several pages!

After another short MM hunt (under 300 eggs) I hatched another apricorn ball shiny: Shinx! :) She hatched in a Level Ball, has Rivalry, Jolly, and IVs are X/31/31/X/31/31. Shame about the missed HP, but not complaining! :) Not sure what to hunt next, might even leave shiny hunting alone for a while to play some other things.

Good luck to those who are hunting.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
so been shiny hunting this second klefki forever still nothing yet at 709 eggs I believe and nothing has shined makes me wonder if I will never get it how this progresses ._. but I am still going which hopefully this hunt ends soon so I can try to go for marill which then would qualify for the august shiny community hunt.

congrats everyone that has got there shinies so far though ;3

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
I haven't been shiny hunting too much otherwise i'd have more, but all i've had time to do is my frogadier hunt.
currently over 3k encounters. it's getting ridiculous. for a friend safari hunt this is unrealistic.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I haven't been shiny hunting too much otherwise i'd have more, but all i've had time to do is my frogadier hunt.
currently over 3k encounters. it's getting ridiculous. for a friend safari hunt this is unrealistic.

I feel your pain but with me its the musada method on 6th gen with the odds I swear this is getting real unrealistic how the shiny isn't showing up XD Im sure we both will get it soon just don't give up!
good luck!

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to LilyValley on Groudon and Chimchar, Phillies on Dragalge, Nosepass x2, Relicanth, Cascoon, Pyroar, Drowzee, Wobbuffet, Hawlucha, Throh, Ariados x2, Meditite, Sawk, Minccino, and Illumise, Cyberra on Ariados x2, Cascoon x2, Lickitung, Wailmer, Scyther, and Toxicroak, HGaddict on Nidoran F, Twilit Dragoon on Minccino, Solosis, Trubbish, and Karrablast, oarfish on Ho-Oh and Feebas, Platina2000 on Reshiram and Sunkern, Claus351 on Basculin, Dragonair, Zubat, Spheal, Floatzel, and Krabby, darkpaladin2015 on Suicune, Heatran, Chatot, and Shinx, TheMaster327 on Mewtwo, Helioptile, and Larvitar, eiger on Regirock, StrongBad456 on Mudkip, Pluski on Heracross, Dangertrout on Aipom, maldoror on Chinchou, Tentacool, Chikorita, Mienfoo, and Solrock, Sg0 on Kirlia x2, Growlie19 on Dwebble, Barbaracle, and Cascoon, wobbanut on Wailmer and Shuppet, kirkeastment on Chikorita and Scyther, Synnett on Kecleon, Dragalge on Zorua, Aesnath on Virizion, Jack5326 on Growlithe (nice IVs!), shiny_hunter5 on Zigzagoon, SkyMew on Groudon, i2i on Heatmor, Geodude, Mawile, Gabite, Galvantula, Stunfisk, and Helioptile, Greedy Chibi on Vulpix, Octillery, Frogadier, and Golbat, Laurelai on Rotom (clever name, I like it!), Shiny Lord on Rhyhorn and Poochyena, Paraqua on Trapinch x2, Alexander18 on Poochyena, The_Pkmn_Master on Nidoran M, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies! Also, thanks to Lorde for the luck!

I'm in a shiny drought, you guys. ;_; It's been one month since I got Charmander, and despite my best efforts, nothing seems to want to show up. Lugia is at 2200 SRs, Bulbasaur is at 2700 SRs, Granite Cave is at 5000 REs, Castelia Park is at 2600 REs, and Deino is at 390 eggs. Just gotta keep plugging along I suppose.

A small update on Lugia: I realized that a Lugia with a +Speed nature and high Speed IVs could outspeed my Smeargle, so I went and bought an X Speed along with a few X Sp. Defs to beef up Smeargle for the fight. (Most of the Lugia I've battled in test runs ended up having really bad Sp. Atk stats, so I wanted to ensure Smeargle can take attacks from a stronger one.) After those preparations, I did a couple more trial runs, which have been pretty intense, but I've only had to use the Master Ball once out of maybe 5 or 6 runs total. So I'm still cautiously optimistic about catching the shiny once it appears. : D

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!