• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

shiny_hunter5

So my 10 year old sister has started playing pokemon so I thought I would show her what a shiny is just incase she runs into one!
I showed her my Zizagoon and explained they where very rare but if she did a horde encounter it increases the chances a little I did not go into depth obviously aha
so I sent my shiny into a horde battle so she could see the sparkles I did it one more time just so she got it and......

176EB669-4017-43D5-B526-15CA5E895553_zpsiwdfatvn.jpg

She now really wants a shiny so I have done about 250 horde encounters since even doubled up with her DS to try find her one! so I am basically hunting the two shines I have unless somehow Wingal comes up.

Attachments

• shiny poochyena.jpg
    shiny poochyena.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1

shiny_hunter5

@CrimsonPengiun

one will come especially on 5th gen!
before 5th gen I only ever had a shiny tododile, Dratini and Purllion! now oh and a Pokerader Shinx! easiest things to hunt in the world they are!

OHD2GFC.jpg

Hooray! I decide to start playing ORAS again after at least 3-4 months away from it, and i meet this guy in a horde!

Shiny Lord

Just caught a shiny Pikachu in Oras via Dex Nav. It is female and has Lightning Rod Ability.(Hidden ability) It has a Bashful nature. It's stats are HP 6-7, Attack 15-16, Defense 4-5, Sp. Atk 31, Sp.Def 31, Speed 31. So so excited when it shone because it had the three stars and obviously hidden ability is a plus.

Two shinies in one day! Talk about good luck. Posted earlier that i got a shiny Nincada out of a horde, and then about 150 hordes later i get a shiny Electrike! Good night indeed.

Meowth City

Staff member
[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/GunpjLQ.jpg[/IMG300]
So happy! I caught my favourite Pokemon, Growlithe, in Friend Safari and it's a female too :3

It's #058 in the Pokedex, so that means Community Hunt complete!

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
Well I just got very lucky and received a Japanese female Chikorita hatched in a Nest Ball! :D She has IVs 31/X/31/31/31/31 and moves leech seed, counter, grassy terrain and leaf storm. She is perfect to breed into a shiny! I've been after a Johto starter in a ball other than standard for a long time, so I'm really excited to hatch this shiny. She came with docile nature, but I'm going to breed her with a Timid nature. Hope it doesn't take too long to shine :)

Razorbadger

Congrats to Dangertrout on Nidoran and Vulpix, RedJirachi on Mewtwo and Omanyte, LilyValley on Rayquaza, Buneary, Groudon and Chimchar, Cpchris on Tentacruel, Horsea and Axew, Aesnath on Moltres and Virizion, DarkraiMiestro on Latios, Azulart on Mawile and Larvitar, Smobble on Tentacool, Birds of Paradise on Cyndaquil, Paraqua on Combee and Trapinch, TheMaster327 on Moltres, Mewtwo, Helioptile and Larvitar, Charoshi on Torchic, HGaddict on Wingull, Numel and Nidoran, kirkeastment on Budew, Onix, Tirtouga and Chikorita, Shiny Lord on Mewtwo, AquaRegisteel on Geodude and Liepard, Twilit Dragoon on both Solosis, Minccino, Trubbish and Karrablast, Cyberra on Kabuto, Lickitung, Wailmer and Scyther, oarfish on Ho-Oh, Platina2000 on Reshiram, darkpaladin2015 on Suicune, Heatran, Chatot and Shinx, eiger on Regirock, StrongBad456 on Mudkip, Pluski on Heracross, Maldoror on Chinchou, Tentacool, Chikorita, Meinfoo and Solrock, Synnett on Kecleon, Dragalge on Zorua, Jack5326 on Growlithe, SkyMew on Groudon, Greedy Chibi on Vulpix, Laurelai on Rotom, The_Pkmn_Master on Nidoran and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to JohnNiles, Cpchris, DarkraiMiestro and Aesnath for the congrats.

Well I've been a couple of weeks on Route 20 in my White 2 now and have nothing to show for it so far having done just under 14,300 REs. I'm hoping something shines before double odds now and I'm also constantly worrying that I'm going to miss a shiny Sunkern if I find one so I'm having to make sure to pay attention for sparkles.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

shiny_hunter5

What the community quest guys?

Martinzqx

My mewtwo hunt sits at 3640 sr's and my Registeel hunt sits at 1005. I hope one of them shines soon, but I'm preparing for the worst!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Well I just got very lucky and received a Japanese female Chikorita hatched in a Nest Ball! :D She has IVs 31/X/31/31/31/31 and moves leech seed, counter, grassy terrain and leaf storm. She is perfect to breed into a shiny! I've been after a Johto starter in a ball other than standard for a long time, so I'm really excited to hatch this shiny. She came with docile nature, but I'm going to breed her with a Timid nature. Hope it doesn't take too long to shine :)

good luck hopefully not take as long as my hunt which sadly at 752 eggs and nothing shined for my beloved second shiny klefki still chugging along ;)

What the community quest guys?

you have to hunt for a shiny with ''8" in there dex number ;) should be on front btw thought I read it

as well as good luck to everyone still that is still hunting :3

Last edited:

TheGreaterLucario

Well, after a REALLY long hiatus from Omega Ruby (Puzzles and Dragons Z for the win!), I decided to Wonder Trade off some unwanted MM fails. I ended up scoring a shiny Staraptor (Was a bit cautious about it at first since it was LV. 100 and used to have Pokerus, but it says it was hatched back in June after getting the egg from the breeder at the Battle Resort, so I guess it's legit) AND a shiny Japanese Venusaur (female, Lv. 36, was hatched)!

YES! Finally! Shiny Treecko!!! 128 eggs and I got one out of the batch of Treecko, Mudkip and Goomy eggs i've been breeding. The feeling is over 9000.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
:D Got one!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/379_zpsi6dbs0qw.jpg[/img139]

After 1,356 REs in the rock safari, exactly what I wanted shined ^_^ She's hardy and likes to thrash about, with Rock Head, and has both of her best stats maxed :D I could train her to be a powerful attacker. Have the evolution item; now I just need a trade partner ^_^

Next FS hunt will be water, I think, after azumarill and panpour.

Regigigas is at 4,400 SRs. Eevee is at 750 eggs.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
:D Got one!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/379_zpsi6dbs0qw.jpg[/img139]

After 1,356 REs in the rock safari, exactly what I wanted shined ^_^ She's hardy and likes to thrash about, with Rock Head, and has both of her best stats maxed :D I could train her to be a powerful attacker. Have the evolution item; now I just need a trade partner ^_^

Next FS hunt will be water, I think, after azumarill and panpour.

Regigigas is at 4,400 SRs. Eevee is at 750 eggs.

nice shiny rhydon :3 good luck on your eevee and regigigas though :3

anyway I am at almost 780 eggs and still going no 2nd shiny klefki has appeared yet but by god if it does appear you all will know with a video :p I hope to start my mm for shiny marill soon for the community hunt...

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all recent shinies

I was dex-naving for Zorua and after 30 - 45 minutes, a shiny Zorua showed up. It's a male with 3 perfect IV's (HP, DEF and Sp. DEF) I named him Loki xD

Good luck to all future shinies

Jack5326

I got to 111 Shellder eggs and started to fret. Having not played my X save for about a year before I recently got back into it again, I had failed to check what nationality my breeding Ditto was... It was English, so therefore, I wasn't even utilising the Masuda Method. X___X

The only reason the MMing for my Shiny Growlithe worked was because that was German. As that was what I had left in the Daycare over a year ago, I assumed the Ditto was foreign and the Growlithe was English yet it was the other way around!

The time wasn't wasted though as I now have lots of 4EM, perfect IV Shellder to trade. I just also need to find a foreign Ditto with good IVs...

Congrats to all of those who have found shinies as of late. Don't make the same mistake as me after coming back to a save after so long!

Last edited:
I got to 111 Shellder eggs and started to fret. Having not played my X save for about a year before I recently got back into it again, I had failed to check what nationality my breeding Ditto was... It was English, so therefore, I wasn't even utilising the Masuda Method. X___X

The only reason the MMing for my Shiny Growlithe worked was because that was German. As that was what I had left in the Daycare over a year ago, I assumed the Ditto was foreign and the Growlithe was English yet it was the other way around!

The time wasn't wasted though as I now have lots of 4EM, perfect IV Shellder to trade. I just also need to find a foreign Ditto with good IVs...

Congrats to all of those who have found shinies as of late. Don't make the same mistake as me after coming back to a save after so long!

Lol i've made the same mistake using my EV ditto instead of my MM ditto. That's nerve-wracking but a little funny at the same time :p. Good luck on the Shellder. Always liked its gold color scheme.
Congrats to others who got their shinies as well, i'm trying for a Goomy as of now.

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
Well, after only ~350 eggs, this just happened.....!!

Shiny%20Chikorita%20%20hatch_zps9igdd8zo.jpg~original

Shiny%20Chikorita%20summary_zpsvyczrytf.jpg~original

So damn happy about this one!!! :D Shame about the missing IVs in defense and speed, but the fact he has hatched in a NEST BALL more than compensates for that!

Good luck to FairyWitch! I hope that Klefki shines soon!

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to SkyMew on Groudon, TheMaster327 on Helioptile, Greedy Chibi on Vulpix, Laurelai on Rotom, TheMaster327 on Larvitar, Twilit Dragoon on Solosis and Trubbish and Karrablast, Paraqua on Trapinch, The_Pkmn_Master on Nidoran, darkpaladin2015 on Shinx, KantoPkmnMaster on Treecko, darkpaladin2015 on Chikorita, and everyone else on your shinies!

Also, thanks for the congrats, Razorbadger :)

-----------

I don’t want to give in to superstition, but…The first time I hunted in Route 203, my hunts took (in order): 101 REs, 5,659 REs, 17,437 REs, and 46,803 REs. Now that I’ve returned to 203, my shinies have taken: 267 REs, 4,753 REs, and currently over 10k REs…So far, the trend is vaguely (and eerily) similar. It’s making me a little apprehensive for what comes after my next shiny here…

And speaking of Platinum, I’ve realized my hunting plans have sort of organized themselves in terms of which order to go about them. After I finish at Route 203, I’ll move on to Ralts, due to the possibility of Budew. This way, I’ll know if I still need to get another Budew or not (Roselia I’ll more than likely find while I hunt for 3 Kirlia) so that I know if I should start Eterna Forest off with a Repel Trick or hold off until I find a Budew. And in the event I find Buneary before a Budew, that will tell me how many phases I’ll need to do for the repel trick, which could mean I’ll have to end up finishing off the Gastly line elsewhere. Pretty much what I’m looking at right now: 1 Shinx, 2 Starly -> 1 Ralts, 1 Budew, 1 Roselia -> 3 Kirlia (more if I don’t have 1 of each gender) -> 2 Buneary, 2 Gastly. 13 shinies not counting the (very likely) chance of phases :x

Actually, looking at that 20% Staravia I’ll be encountering during the day when I go for Ralts, I may only seek out 1 more Starly…If I find Ralts before a Staravia, I’ll just go back and hunt another Starly/Staravia.

Worked on my starters again on Monday and Tuesday, so another 600 for Johto and 200 for Chimchar. Now at 7,000 SRs for a Johto starter and 3,300 SRs for Chimchar. Meanwhile, Black 2 is at 3,300 REs, Platinum is at 11,100 REs, and HeartGold is at 4,100 REs.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, ChaoticInverse, Pluski, Razorbadger, and Nakashima)!