• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
How strange, I had space for only 510 Aerodactyl before I had to release all of them. I was on the last box, when the 500th egg hatched and it was shiny! Male, Jolly with Pressure and missing perfect HP and Defense. Now I will get back to EV training.

shiny_hunter5

:D Got one!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/379_zpsi6dbs0qw.jpg[/img139]

After 1,356 REs in the rock safari, exactly what I wanted shined ^_^ She's hardy and likes to thrash about, with Rock Head, and has both of her best stats maxed :D I could train her to be a powerful attacker. Have the evolution item; now I just need a trade partner ^_^

Next FS hunt will be water, I think, after azumarill and panpour.

Regigigas is at 4,400 SRs. Eevee is at 750 eggs.

which game did you get it on.

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I'm back with some unusual news. I was EV training my Virizion at Mt Pyre and the first thing that shows up is a shiny Shuppet. Female, Jolly and a 0 IV in HP. I guess I'll need to breed my own if I want a good Mega Banette.

Either way, I knew encountering so many hordes would bring something good.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Well it has been months since my 3ds xl broke and I finally dug up my old 3ds so back to hunting for me after being m.i.a since like May. Switched from Regigigas to Ho-oh, though. Anyways good luck guys.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
which game did you get it on.

Y version. Friend safari hunt.

Anyway ^_^

After 888 eggs (I kid you not) I look down at my screen and see a white puffball waving its tail at me ^_^

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/381_zps5pfqmaux.jpg[/img139]

He's timid and likes to thrash about, with Anticipation, his HA. I'm probably gonna use an ability capsule on him, since he's going to be a jolteon and I've been told jolteon's HA is not good for much. I was aiming for HP Ice but got HP Grass instead. Once I'm done in the friend safari for the night, I'll get him properly trained ^_^

My next MM will be mareep, but first I have a quick breeding request to take care of.

Regigigas remains at 4,400 SRs for the day

Edit: XP And yes, now I know that ability capsules don't work on hidden abilities. I didn't before.

Last edited:

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on all of the new shinies everyone!

It's been a while since I last posted here. SoulSilver is being stubborn and hasn't revealed my next Badge Quest shiny yet, hopefully it will be something that will help me take on Sabrina. Because of all of the current Pokemon Shuffle things going on (Safari, Mega Garchomp competition, etc.) I moved my SoulSilver from my 3DS to my DS Lite so I could focus on both at the same time rather than switching between them every so often. Next I popped in my ORAS games to recieve the event shiny Rayquaza and decided that while I had Alpha Sapphire in, I may as well do a little horde hunting. So I went to route 101 and started sweet scenting. I wasn't really hunting seriously, just trying to figure out if I should SR for some things in ORAS or Platinum or White/White2. If I did find a shiny I was hoping for either Poochyena (for all of those uncatchable shiny Poochyenas back in the day when I SRed for the Hoenn starters in my Original Ruby/Sapphire) Or a Wurmple (preferably one that would evolve into Beautifly eventually since both of my current Wurmples, from Emerald, evolve into Dustox. Nothing wrong with Dustox... I just don't need both of my Wurmples evolving into it. I'd rather have both evolutions) so after a while of sweet scenting a shiny showed up...
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/PART_1439426097760_20150812_200555_zpsyxrbld0u.jpg[/IMG139]
a shiny Zigzagoon! Though it wasn't particularly what I wanted since I already had a shiny Zigzagoon from my old Ruby Version, I'm okay with this since I evolved my old Zigzagoon into a Linoone. This just means I have the whole evolution family.Capture took a little while since it is a horde battle so I have to knock everything else out first. It only took one ball to catch her. Her IVs are 22/27/14/2/16/13. More pictures: OT/ID, Summery, Sparkles, Pokemon-Amie and Video. Yeah I have a new camera. So pictures should look nicer and I can get my whole 3DS or DS in the picture if needed (like larger Pokemon in Pokemon-Amie).Well good luck everyone, especially those with stubborn targets!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Well, after only ~350 eggs, this just happened.....!!

Shiny%20Chikorita%20%20hatch_zps9igdd8zo.jpg~original

Shiny%20Chikorita%20summary_zpsvyczrytf.jpg~original

So damn happy about this one!!! :D Shame about the missing IVs in defense and speed, but the fact he has hatched in a NEST BALL more than compensates for that!

Good luck to FairyWitch! I hope that Klefki shines soon!

Nice shiny and thanks for the good luck :) still at 829 eggs still nothing but not giving up seeing cyberra got eevee keeps me going ^_^

Shiny Lord

Don't forget to get your free shiny Rayquaza via mystery gift! It can mega evolve! Event just started. Don't know when it ends!

shiny_hunter5

live in uk can't get that gift which sucks!

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I just restarted my Emerald for the first time. It still had the original save file I started when I got it. I transferred everything to Box and deleted my file. Now I'm SRing for a Torchic and eventally the 3 legendaries. I'm using my Gameboy Micro since I can SR and select my starter with one hand. Is the battle with Zigzagoon the first chance to see if it's shiny or do I need to defeat the Zigzagoon and look at Torchic's stats?

Also, my battery is dead. Is there anything I need to be aware of related to shiny hunting my starter and the legendaries?

Thanks

Last edited:

ElectricBassClef

I just restarted my Emerald for the first time. It still had the original save file I started when I got it. I transferred everything to Box and deleted my file. Now I'm SRing for a Torchic and eventally the 3 legendaries. I'm using my Gameboy Micro since I can SR and select my starter with one hand. Is the battle with Zigzagoon the first chance to see if it's shiny or do I need to defeat the Zigzagoon and look at Torchic's stats?

Also, my battery is dead. Is there anything I need to be aware of related to shiny hunting my starter and the legendaries?

Thanks

The Torchic (or Zigzagoon, for that matter) will appear shiny in the battle. That goes for any starter you SR in any game: if it doesn't appear shiny in the first battle, it's not shiny.

Also, Emerald is infamous for having broken RNG which makes SRing difficult. This is true whether the internal battery works or not. It is possible to SR on Emerald if you follow these instructions (courtesy of Dangertrout in the first post):

In Ruby / Sapphire with a dead internal battery or in Emerald, the Random Number Generator always starts in the same place. Because of this, unless you have an early shiny frame, it makes SRing in these games pretty much impossible. You can, however, keep restarting your file until you get one with an early enough frame. When picking your starter, save in front of the pokeball and SR about 50 times, and try to vary the speed at which you spam A at the beginning. If you see a shiny starter or zigzagoon/poochyena in the first battle, you have a file with an early frame and could conceivably SR pokemon throughout the game.

Note that this applies to Ruby and Sapphire too, but only if their internal batteries have run out. If the internal battery works, you can SR like any other game. (It doesn't apply to FireRed or LeafGreen at all because they don't have internal batteries. You can SR like normal in those games, too.)

Good luck on your hunts!

Last edited:

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Was horde hunting again on X on route 11 with the intention of a Starly or male Nidoran, but I was actually surprised to encounter a shiny FEMALE Nidoran seeing as it is only one of five horde members. Sync failed and I got Calm instead which I guess isnt awful but without Sheer Force I may just leave this one little and pink. Good luck everyone and congrats to all recent successes.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Not much on the shiny catching front again, this week. First I caught another shiny taillow in a horde in Y, then yet another wailmer in OR. -_-

BUT, an hour after I got that shiny taillow, I got a shiny tauros in a RE on Y. :D So, not only is it a fresh shiny, but because it's #128, Community hunt complete!

And in other news, FINALLY, after all these years, I finally figured out how to log into the wi-fi. I've spent the last two days dumping excess shiny wailmers, zubats, and gurdurrs (but kept the original shinies, trust me I won't miss the doubles) in wonder trades, so I know some people will be happy. Plus, I finally traded up most of my B2 and W2 shinies, but still have to get my shiny ditto, event shiny suicine, and at least one more I can't recall. Plus, I've gotten quite a few foreign pokemon, including a new Japanese ditto, so I can do MM in both generations now.

And I'm not kidding about being sick of all these wailmers when I'm trying for a shiny horsea. The last one I traded I named HORSY H8 ME. No joke. LOL

JohnNiles

@ElectricBassClef: Hooooooly, I never realized that LeafGreen and FireRed didn't use internal batteries. I thought since they were both GBA games that they used the same setup as the RSE trio. Well dang, I could've been SRing on them (though painfully, using a DS Lite with its uncomfortable buttons) all this time. I guess I'll look up a faq of what's where.

Erm... shiny hunting news. I ran away from a Magmar in a friend safari by accident... my hand was making the motion and I didn't stop it in time. I'm only mildly annoyed... I don't want that to happen in a more serious situation. Finally picked up the Larvesta I was looking for a short while after that. It'll take forever to evolve.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to LilyValley on Aerodactyl, Cyberra on Eevee, wobbanut on Tauros, and everyone else on your shinies!

-----------

Woot woot :D Shiny Durant after 3,641 REs! Durant was one of those shinies that I eventually wanted, but didn’t really have enough priority to go out and target it specifically. Luckily this hunt gave me the opportunity to find one, and also let me find a shiny in a brand new line to mix it up from all the lines I’m trying to complete, and since it’s a single stage pokemon it doesn’t add on to my list of evolution lines to complete :p

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/Gf75NkG.jpg[/IMG200]

Still kind of would have liked to have found a Lairon first, since now I’ll need to repel trick for two instead of one, but it shouldn’t be a huge issue. The bigger issue is that it makes Boldore less common and Nosepass more common :|

This one is Female, Naïve, Likes to run, and has Swarm. IVs are actually pretty good, especially for her good stats: 5 – 24 – 11 – 22 – 25 – 30. 24 in Attack and 30 in Speed, both of which are Durant’s best stats, plus a speed boosting nature that only lowers Sp. Def. Preeettty good!

I also realized I was being a complete idiot during this hunt: Boldore knows Explosion at level 55. I’m pretty sure I checked it for every other location I was going to hunt this line, and somehow missed it for this location. Luckily that isn’t what shone, and now I have a Damp Golduck with me should one surpass the odds and shine.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Lorde, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, ChaoticInverse, Pluski, Razorbadger, and Nakashima)!

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Congrats Cpchris on the Shiny Durant, such a strangely cool looking shiny too, which kinda makes it all the nicer. :)

Congrats as well to LilyValley with Aerodactyl & Cyberra with the ever adorable Eevee. :)

My Shiny hunting has come to fruition even though it took like 4k+ SR's this time.... am sure its my longest ever SR hunt on HG/SS for a Shiny Starter... and unfortunately, painfully it's another Shiny Chikorita and as such it has already been transferred to my JP SS Game & i am once again beginning the task of SR'ing for a Shiny Totodile or Shiny Cyndaquil.

The latter being my main target, but either is fine for me to speed run through HG... as i found out rather quickly that Shiny Chikorita cannot do this(i got spanked by Bugsy & his U-Turn).

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/6B77D440-B86D-4F50-9AD6-4A48F07DA1A9_zpseoybcimd.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/D572367D-062A-4A01-974D-2D33B00B8495_zpspuybteu0.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to ShiningKnightXY, Wobbanut, Cpchris and kirkeastment on your shinies!

As for me, I'm picking up a hunt I started many, MANY years ago back when I first started shiny hunting (circa 2009). I spent many hours, and 10s of thousands of SRs on Dialga in both Diamond and Platinum, but never got it. Then the event Dialga came out and I just forgot about it. But now with the shiny charm and my Alpha Sapphire, I hope that I will soon finally complete a hunt which started so very long ago.

Good luck to everyone!

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Hi all! First of congratulations to everyone with their recent shinies!

I have finally found Regice! Been hunting this b**ch for over a year in Black2. Now I tried again in OR, and after a week or 2 I finally have it!
She is Modest and has perfect stats in Attack, Sp. Def & Speed. The other 3 all in mid20 IV range. Called her Ice Princess (playing hard to get ;))

[img139]http://imageshack.com/a/img538/669/exTxLh.jpg[/img139]

[img300]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/537/BYiam1.jpg[/img300]

Next up: Registeel
Good luck to everyone with their current hunts!

Last edited: