• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Maiq

My anaconda don't
Well after 665 eggs, Bulbasaur finally decided to shine. Shame he has the wrong Ability though
[img139]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u53/MaiqIV/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/20150903_145834.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
First off, congrats to Ampharos_Spark, Laurelai, and others on the new Shinies. I hatched a couple dozen more Larvitar eggs yesterday night and did 55 or so SRs as well for a Shiny Sudowoodo. Sadly, no luck so far finding either Shiny. Good luck to Maiq and Crimson Penguin on their hunts though. :)

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
I don't even have a ever stone so it might turn out to be a crap nature too aha. Its for my shiny quest so i am not far enough into the game to make sure it has perfect IV's and all that Jazz
3k! what kept you going?

Nah I swapped to my Omega Ruby badgequest for a bit. Went from Brawly to Flannery. Currently SRing Anorith before I go take on Daddio. And on AS I swapped to Coballion which is sitting about 2500SRs So I decided to go back to MM for Pineco which is at about 1500 I think. After I hatched 1k I just started slowly collect my pack full or a box here and there. My hunting has slowed WAY down on AS with so many hunts going way over odds with charm. It's disheartening but I'll get back to Cyndaquil, Mankey, Koffing and Coballion eventually. I can't leave those unfinished hunts out there lol.

NitroLightningFlash

Congrats to all recent shinies ^^

Yesterday i collected 10 boxes of Larvesta eggs, hatched 5 boxes yesterday and finished hatching the other 5 boxes this morning and.....Larvesta still hasn't shone, bringing my total eggs up to 875 now, i think this hunt is going to go into the 1000's but i'm not giving up under any circumstances and at least whilst hatching all those Larvesta, i got my Hatching O-Power to Level 2 and 3 so it wasn't a complete waste of time-i think i've done really well considering Larvesta takes forever to hatch compared to the previous 2-although the o-powers make it more bearable xD

Going to collect another 5 boxes today and see if Larvesta shines soon, but i doubt it x3

Good luck on all hunts everyone :3

After a long time away, I decided to play again and hunt some shinies. After around 60 eggs, a Shiny Noibat hatched from one of my eggs :D

It has 5 perfect IVs, and a 26 IV on Speed. Timid nature!

shiny_hunter5

Well after 665 eggs, Bulbasaur finally decided to shine. Shame he has the wrong Ability though
[img139]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u53/MaiqIV/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/20150903_145834.jpg[/img139]

gratz was this with the shiny charm?

ShinyGoogleplex

Guess who!?
Shinies in my SoulSilver run together then it's a dry spell. I finally (after 3 Struggles, 2 Critical Hits, and on the 6th time!) caught Moltres. I'm not very pleased with the Duskball that caught it though. After which the only open legends in my game are Level 70 Ho-oh and Mewtwo who I felt I wasn't ready for so since I was saving a shiny PokeDex picture of some pokes I hadn't gotten yet I headbutted for some Cherubi's, about 50 at a time then reset so hours wouldn't tick away on my game and I got one! Same thing with a new Tailow too. (The first I decided to catch were the shiny ones so I got that PokeDex picture.) Exeggcute did not get in my way!, though that would have been alright. Only other thing was I hatched a 14 month old egg stored away in Bill's PC and it was a shiny Scyther, by Masuda Method. So 3 for July and the old egg hatched in August.

On August 29th I saw Shiny Ho-oh who I'm at now. It struggled even though I had Kadabra TRICK for it's Sacred Ash and I gave it Leftovers. Ah well. Maybe in October.

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
First I feel that I should let people know as a reminder about Rule #1 for this thread: Limit posts to once per day or once per page. Edit additional comments into your existing post if needed.

As for shiny news! I got shiny Thundurus in 189 SRs, only in 14 SRs today. So since it's BQ #8 that means BQ complete! I certainly was not expecting it to appear as fast as it did.

Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to maldoror on Mesprit, oarfish on Tyrunt, Laurelai on Houndour, Cyberra on Lillipup, Maiq on Bulbasaur, brunocosta1 on Noibat, ShinyGoogleplex on Moltres, Cherubi, Taillow, and Scyther, and MurderofKrow on Thundurus and completing your BQ! Also, thanks to Lorde for the luck!

Well, apparently all I need to do is complain about my bad Masuda luck haha. Last night, shiny Deino finally hatched after 992 eggs! It was only 15 eggs away from becoming my longest MM hunt, so I'm glad it didn't go over 1000. His name is Targaryen (which apparently has some kind of affiliation with dragons in Game of Thrones? I don't watch the show but it seemed fitting), and he has a Modest nature (via Everstone) with Dark Pulse and Earth Power as egg moves, and perfect IVs in everything but Attack and Speed. So happy to welcome my 60th shiny into my collection! (Also he happens to be the 10th male shiny I've gotten in a row. XD)

I have a lot of Deinos to Wonder Trade now, but once that process is done, I think my next MM will be for another Eevee, with the intent of evolving it into Sylveon. My other hunts haven't changed all that much since my last post, but Lugia is now at 5000 SRs, Bulbasaur is at 4800 SRs, Route 114 is at 2300 REs, and Braviary is at 100 SRs.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially maldoror, serpent222, and Cyberra!

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
First I feel that I should let people know as a reminder about Rule #1 for this thread: Limit posts to once per day or once per page. Edit additional comments into your existing post if needed.
^
(getting tired of seeing people posting things that aren't worth a whole post on their own (i.e. one liners), and also the peeing contest over lengthy hunts is kinda pointless because shiny-hunting is just a game of luck and putting the hours in.)

Hi all. I've been really struggling recently with getting any motivation to hunt, so I've taken to just lurking in the thread instead. I did start REing on Route 211 in Platinum for a Chingling, as a friend of mine got one recently. It just made me realise how nice a shiny Chingling is. Otherwise, I'm still going on with my Moltres hunt, and the Headbutt hunt outside Mt. Silver for Natu.

Best of luck to those who need it.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise giving updates on shiny hunts were against the rules. I'll be sure to only post when I get a shiny from now on /sarcasm

As for the topic at hand, still on the hunt for shiny Smoochum

I didn't say your posts weren't worth posting, did I :p Of course updates are fine, it's just that one liners that have been posted before are almost spam-like. It's been an issue in the past, that's all.

Last edited:

Iwanuq

Iwan
Hi Everyone! It's been a very long time since I've hunted and posted on here.

First off I want to say congrats to everyone on their shinies! There's simply way to many to name, I don't think I've posted on here more then a couple of months ago. But lately, I've been hunting in the friend safari since I've gotten a new 3DS, and on the first of this month I got a shiny Onix, then after that I moved over into a steel safari and got Mawile and last night I ended up getting a shiny Ariados. That was on my Pokemon X game.

In my Alpha Sapphire game, last month I got Numel, Magnemite, Nincada, Ralts and Lotad all via horde hunting. I've started doing MM on this file, I've just stored ten boxes of eggs and will start hatching those later on today. I would like to wish everyone good luck on their hunts!

Maiq

My anaconda don't
^
(getting tired of seeing people posting things that aren't worth a whole post on their own, and also the peeing contest over lengthy hunts is kinda pointless because shiny-hunting is just a game of luck and putting the hours in.)
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise giving updates on shiny hunts were against the rules. I'll be sure to only post when I get a shiny from now on /sarcasm

As for the topic at hand, still on the hunt for shiny Smoochum

Jack5326

So, I'm currently taking a break from shiny hunting and I'm just generally breeding some 5IV Pokemon for myself and extras that I can trade on for other matching ball/egg move Pokemon on this forum. I've decided that whilst grinding eggs, I'll enter the grass to the right of Camphrier Town after each one as Zapdos still roams around Kalos for me and I might run into it.

I biked into the grass after collecting a second egg... and pedaled into a Shiny Gulpin! I totally wasn't expecting it, yet nabbed it within three Poke Balls. I caught her in a Dive Ball too, so the colours match! I haven't checked its stats yet but with it being wild, they are probably terrible. It has a Rash nature, which is far from the best yet I guess it could be worse. Either way, it is my first random shiny in about 3 or 4 years since a Patrat in Pokemon Black!

Back to breeding now before I eventually start shiny hunting again for a Dream Ball Aerodactyl!

Congratulations to everyone on their recent shiny success. I absolutely love reading everyone's stories!

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to brunocosta1 with shiny Noibat, Maiq with shiny Bulbasaur, MurderofKrow with Thundurus, Crimson Penguin with Deino, Iwanuq with Onix, Mawile, Ariados, Numel, Magnemite, Nincada, Ralts and Lotad and to Jack5326 with Gulpin.

Last tuesday I started my next Masuda method hunt with Shinx as my target.

And today, after 335 eggs, a shiny male Shinx hatched. I named him Cecil (After the lion who got poached in Zimbabwe), has an Adamant nature through everstone and the egg move Thunder Fang. He has 4 perfect IV's with Outstanding potential (31/x/x/31/31/31). He hatched from the very last box of Shinx eggs I had left xD

Good luck to all future shinies

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Congrats to everyone got there shinies so far ^_^

I hatched my shiny cleffa very surprised first box 21 eggs it showed up ._. She is bold nature ha friend guard all what I wanted but one problem she hatched like my shuckle with really bad defense ._. I still love her she will be for fun battles though I will have a video soon was super shocked though that was fast my luck is good minus the spread. I am still hatching the rest of the eggs which at least 9 boxes. I probably keep hatching for a second for comp battle since bad defense is a problem which that can't be avoided for a bold cleffa.

Last edited:

shiny_hunter5

647 eggs hatched no shiny :(
Collected a further 300 which I will hatch in 4's so I can continue to collect them!
Shiny Squirtle will be mine!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I had some luck doing a quad hunt one night this week. :) And both were fresh shinies.

First, having a soundproof exploud in the lead in Black 2 by Lentimas Town finally paid off, as I got a shiny drifblim. :)

Then, in Y, while hunting in Victory Road, I got a shiny zweilous. I named it Lurch after the Addams Family character, trying to think what that green mop top reminded me of, but only later I remembered it reminded me of the Gruesomes from the Flinstones. Too bad I can't remember the male names, it's been too long since I watched the cartoon.

As for working on the National Dex, I've finished the Kanto and Johto sections in Omega Ruby, X, and Y, and will be starting Hoenn.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to kirkeastment on Spritzee, gerehead on Articuno, DJX on Hawlucha, Razorbadger on Steelix, Charizard_Rulez84 on Mareep, StrongBad456 on Terrakion, Laurelai on Regice, maldoror on Zekrom, kyle72686 on Virizion, kirkeastment on Honedge, Cyberra on Kricketot, NitroLightningFlash on Larvesta, Phillies on Honedge and Sentret and Espurr, Cyberra on Cyndaquil (happy belated birthday!), Lt. BLEU on Zigzagoon, PrismaticPrincessAnna on Cresselia, masterbreeder42 on Reshiram, Razorbadger on Scraggy, Paraqua on Lapras, FairyWitch on Marill, KantoPkmnMaster on Goomy, Aesnath on Dialga, kirkeastment on Mewtwo and Shelmet, Jack5326 on Aron, Charizard_Rulez84 on Mareep, Razorbadger on Sewaddle, Cyberra on Totodile, AD95 on Kyurem, Ampharos_Spark on Froakie, maldoror on Mesprit, oarfish on Tyrunt, Laurelai on Houndour, Maiq on Bulbasaur, brunocosta1 on Noibat, ShinyGoogleplex on Moltres, MurderofKrow on Thundurus, Crimson Penguin on Deino, Jack5326 on Gulpin, Paraqua on Shinx, FairyWitch on Cleffa, wobbanut on Drifblim and Zweilous, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the luck, Crimson Penguin :)

-----------

Took a little break from shiny hunting. There were some other non-pokemon things I wanted to work on that took up a large amount of time. Which means August finished with only 1 shiny for me D: Luck comes and luck goes, I guess. But I finally got back to hunting today and did 400 REs. Black 2 is now at 6,000 REs, Platinum is at 17,300 REs, and HeartGold is at 10,300 REs. Hope September will be a good month for me! If my games don’t start acting cruel, I should hopefully have another shiny within 2,200 REs ;)

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, ChaoticInverse, Pluski, Cyberra, maldoror, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!