• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

E.Fayth

<Got It
I just got a new shiny on Alpha Sapphire, a beautiful blue flamed Ponyta that I caught in a dive ball. It has flame body as its ability and has a serious nature.

Edit: Just found a shiny Machop that I caught in a repeat ball. It is mild natured and has guts as its ability

Last edited:

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Blanket congrats since it's been a few days.

Johto Trio Complete! After a total of 1881, almost four times as many SRs as both Raikou and Entei combined, I finally have a Shiny Suicune. I guess it's because I was spoiled by how fast Entei came, and then shocked by how fast Raikou came, that I was getting disheartened. I was listening to the Smile Song from MLP: FiM while it happened, so it happened to, well, put a smile on my face. Caught it fairly easily too. Going to decide on what I want to do next, but I'm thinking of hunting some Halloween-themed Shinies.

EDIT: Oh you've got to be kidding me. I decided to get an Octillery with Suction Cups so I don't have to take something from my living dex. Caught several that don't have it, so I joked I'm probably going to find a Shiny before I get one. Currently trying to catch the Shiny Quagsire that appeared before I got a Suction Cups Octillery.

EDIT2: Yeah! Finally got a Shiny from Chain fishing. I've admittedly never gotten the hang of it. Probably still can't do it well, but still. Got a Shiny Seaking on a chain of 31.

Last edited:

Louise955

FINALLY got my shiny Treecko after 4470 SRs, not too bad but still. It's my new favourite shiny. It looks amazing xD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So these past few days I've hatched at least 70 Larvitar eggs for my MM hunt: I've hatched around 900 total so far. I did consecutive fishing on Alpha Sapphire as well, plus horde encounters on Y version too. Congrats to Razorbadger on the new Shiny and good luck to Cpchris and others. :p

TheMaster327

344 eggs, and I get a pink scalchop!

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQ1AfDTWwAAtodN.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQ1AfDvWUAA__Eg.jpg[/img139]

It's also FEMALE! Sadly, it didn't get Shell Armor, but that's fine. It's Jolly from Everstone, with an IV spread of 31/31/xx/31/31/31. Not too shabby there! I got 5 boxes of Oshawott left to hatch, so maybe a second one is lurking?

Looks like my shiny luck held up. After 147 eggs, I hatched myself a shiny Cryogonal.

[img139]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/serpent222/1008150312a_zps6ebfla2h.jpg[/img139]

this is probably the first shiny cryogonal I have ever seen... or maybe even the first cyogonal period
it doesnt even look like a first evo pokemon i was confused for a sec when i saw that you hatched that i thought it was an evolved pokemon

anyways I've bred the Ivs and movesets for my pokemon and have begun hatching eggs for the shiny pokemon now, starting with zorua for the community hunt
no luck yet but will post as soon as i get something

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I had a slow week, but an eventful one. I finally got my first 6th gen pokeradar shiny, and just the third pokeradar shiny ever after meditite and shinx. It's a caterpie on Y, but it was worth it because it took many MANY chains, and the last one was a chain of 2 (shiny charm helped, obviously).

Right now I'm doing an HGSS/XY quad hunt, so maybe I'll get something more tonight.

EDIT: I managed to get a shiny drifloon on X, so since it's a ghost type, Community hunt complete!

Last edited:

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Smobble on Cyndaquil, Razorbadger on Litwick and Growlithe, TheMaster327 on Vulpix and Oshawott, PrismaticPrincessAnna on Latias, Oshawott, and Chespin, Thibideau on Tangela, Alexander18 on Machop and Zorua, Cpchris on Chikorita, Blastonite on Ekans, Ambri on Mudkip and Ralts, Phillies on Murkrow x3, Foongus, Skorupi, Bellsprout, Durant x2, Geodude, Nosepass x4, Klefki, and Weepinbell, ChiefLucarioOfficer on Ekans, pkmnbrawler123 on Gloom, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Zorua, Numel, Delibird, Onix, Dwebble, Shellos, Charmeleon, Shieldon, and Beartic, tonyg44x on Weedle x2, Cyberra on Sigilyph x2 and Ekans, ShiningKnightXY on Uxie, Laurelai on Regirock, serpent222 on Doduo, Oddish, and Cryogonal, Yoitsdaffy on Larvesta, FairyWitch on Absol, Psychic on Espurr and Seedot, E.Fayth on Ponyta and Machop, Draknir on Suicune, Quagsire, and Seaking, Louise955 on Treecko, wobbanut on Caterpie, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies! Also, sorry to hear about Surskit, TheShinyLunatone - good luck reclaiming it!

Thanks to FairyWitch for the luck!

I ended up staying home sick today, which sucked, but it turned out to be kind of a blessing in disguise. I decided to hunt a little bit to cheer myself up, and I was going to pick up my Y version originally, but then I thought, "nah, I haven't touched White 2 in a while, let's do some SRs for Braviary." Well, I'm really glad I did, because after only three (!) SRs today and 1003 SRs total, I got myself a shiny Braviary!

I don't think I've ever been so shocked to see a shiny appear - it's certainly the fewest number of encounters I've ever done on a particular day before finding one. And I mean, if I had gone to class today instead of staying home, I wouldn't have found this, so I feel incredibly lucky. I guess the universe wanted to make up for my getting sick, haha. ^_^ I caught Braviary after whittling its health down a little and throwing a few Great Balls. I named him Freedom, and he has a Brave nature with his HA of Defiant. The nature isn't too good as usual, but I guess it's better than Modest or Quiet... XD Anyway, I'm still in disbelief over finding him, and the fact that my White 2 BQ has gone ridiculously fast - I only started it back in June, and it's already halfway done, with my longest hunt so far being less than half the odds! Hopefully the rest of the BQ continues to treat me this kindly.

I've been planning to hunt Volcarona as my 5th BQ member, but I forgot that you can't get to it until after beating Clay, so I think I'll trade over a Pokemon with Surf and hunt in Mistralton Cave for Axew or Boldore next. There's a decent chance I'll end up with either a duplicate Aron or a Woobat, but I don't really mind as they're both great shinies. As for my other hunts, Lugia is at 7600 SRs, Route 12 is at 800 REs, and Route 114 is at 5800 REs. Hoping one of my longer hunts will end soon ^_^

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially Cpchris, Lorde, Cyberra, and Thibideau!

Iwanuq

Iwan
Congrats to everyone on their recent shiny pokes!!!

I've just come to do a update for my alpha sapphire: today, I was hatching boxes of shinx that I had breed, and out popped a yellow one, I was out shopping (just arrived in the car to my destination) and he decided to shine! Sadly I forgot to put an ever stone so he ended up with a lonely nature and an IV Spred: 31/31/31/31/31/x . I am still hatching, I have maybe five more boxes to go. I might hunt for another because while hatching the eggs I ended up with a 6iv and the right nature for one. I haven't been hunting much because I am on vacation.

Good luck to all those hunting! May the shine be with you :)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
this is probably the first shiny cryogonal I have ever seen... or maybe even the first cyogonal period
it doesnt even look like a first evo pokemon i was confused for a sec when i saw that you hatched that i thought it was an evolved pokemon

In September of 2013 I hatched a shiny cryogonal in Black 2; apparently I was the first person in about ten months to go after one.

My targets are still proving elusive... I'm up to 3,200 REs for grumpig, 19,000 SRs for Regigigas, and my secret MM target is at 640 eggs

Thibideau

Beautiful Midnight
Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Sheildon and Beartic, E.Fayth on Ponyta and Machop, serpent222 on Cryogonal, Draknir on Suicune and Seaking, Louise955 on Treecko, TheMaster327 on Oshawott, wobbanut on Caterpie and Drifloon, Crimson Penguin on Braviary, Iwanuq on Shinx, and anyone else I may have missed!

Well after 1,670 eggs I managed to hatch this little beauty!

[IMG139]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv30/trepie4/7936fdf3-402e-4e05-943b-bf537f1d217c_zpsdzgv17wb.jpg[/IMG139]

She has a xx/31/31/31/31/31 spread so not the greatest but I'm still stoked to have finally hatched her.

Also since Houndour is a Dark type Community hunt complete!

Good luck to all your hunts, and happy thanksgiving to any Canadian shiny hunters out there :p

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all recent shinies,

During my holiday in Spain I decided to take on another Masuda Method hunt. My new target is Charmander. After about 403 eggs, a shiny male Charmander hatched. Adamant nature through Everstone with 4 perfect IV's (X/31/31/X/31/31). I named him Bardock, After Goku's father)

Good luck on all your future shiny hunts

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
Congratz on the recent shinies guys!
and thanks for the condolences Crimson penguin

694 encounters now, 199 since lost surskit and no dice

my starter is lvl 35 and i have one gym badge. is this...is this even allowed?
should i start my bq over agaun : /?

oh well. not giving up.

Good luck everyone! especially cyberra on that regigias... i hope it shines soon

EDIT:

FINALLY VICTORY!
after a total of 724 surskit encountered, only 221 after the last one, a second shiny surkit behold!!

[img139]http://s1.postimg.org/6qj0er7rj/nappy_surskit.jpg[/img139]

hey wait! i just realized that my the shiny poochyena i have was caught on october first 10/1/2015 so for the first time community hunt complete :D

Last edited:

tui

moon upon a stick
I disappeared off the face of the earth again due to exams and worsening mental health, but I picked up my games the other day and realised how much I missed shiny hunting. I'm now pretty busy with a-levels and as of tomorrow I am legally able to drive so will be learning to, and as well as keeping up with a relationship unfortunately I don't have as much time to hunt as I used to, but I'd still like to do a bit each day to keep up with it. So congratulations to everybody on the slew of shinies over the past few months, I can't believe I didn't use my 13 weeks off in the summer to hunt atall! Ah well, moving on...

I had absolutely no idea where I'd left off, so I just headed to Valley Windworks the other day as I like the shiny forms of all 4 pokemon there in Platinum (big up to no Bidoof!) and slathered some honey trees so I can get BQ #4 in Diamond, which I techincally already got pretty quickly with a male Combee back before I quit, but I'm silly and thought another multi-phase hunt for a Burmy, Aipom, Combee F and most of all Cherubi was a good idea after my 10? 11? phase Murkrow hunt. I'm 600 encounters deep in the Windworks hunt, which is an alright start.

I also stopped being lazy and trained my Smeargle up to level 50 so I can be a man and reclaim Registeel, which was a long, long couple of hours for the 20 paltry levels I needed. This also confirmed that my least favourite thing about these games is actually playing the games, hence why I fawn over finding shinies then leave them to rot in a box, and hence why I still have 56373 shiny Budew unevolved in my PC on Diamond.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to catching up and being able to congratulate people individually from now on! I'm still catching up with the thread, but couldn't help notice your 3 over odds hunts CpChris, that's pretty evil of your games to give you luck like that! Good luck everyone!

Shiny Lord

I'm back. After 327 eggs I finally reclaimed Shiny Pumpkaboo. It is female with hardy nature. I had previously hatched one but my game dropped and it said that the cartridge had been removed.(When it hadn't) I didn't save so I lost the first one.(Which hatched in less than 100 eggs) Community Hunt Complete as well.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Congrats to Cyberra on the x3 sygliphs(hope you get your grumpig soon),Psychic on espurr,Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on shieldon, and beartic,E.Fayth on machop,Serpent222 on Cryogonal,Draknir on Suicune, and seaking,Louise955 on treecko,TheMaster327 on oshawott,wobbanut on drifloon,Crimson Pengiun on Braviery(you welcome btw),Iwanuq on shinx,Thibeau on houndour,Paraqua on charmander,TheShinyLunatone on surskit(glad it came back :) ),Shiny Lord on Pumpkinboo ^_^

I was gunna hunt for oddish next but need to iv breed it first so I decided to change targets which I will be doing bulbasaur next which starting to store up 10 boxes of eggs now.

good luck to who is still hunting!

BritishLanguage

I enjoy earth day
I've embraced being in shiny hunting hell and have started my first shiny hunt by soft reset! I've gotten about 250 soft resets for HGSS Ho-Oh, as it's one of the best looking shinies in my opinion. It feels like it's grindy and the soft resets+encounter cinematic take forever and I will lose interest in this in a week or less, but if nothing else, it's peak "do this in the background while doing something else" material. Wish me luck anyway!

Jersey Jimmy

¿dónde está el FOUR DOLLA TUBA?
I found a shiny Pidgey on X by complete accident... okay, so it's a Pidgey, but I can trade it to AS when I get it, get it to be a Pidgeot, and Mega Evolve it. FEAR THE GOLDEN EAGLE. FEAR IT.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
So like i caught another shiny eevee. I need about 3 more to get all shiny eeveelutions at this point.

So atm im dex naving both eevee and joltik. (100+ encounters)
SRing SS rayqauaza (5k) and SRing W2 Virizion (1k) as well.
MMing OR Squirtle (20 eggs) and X Tepig (20 eggs).