• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Rio!

Composer
Congrats to everyone with their shinies! Every time I see this board I feel a new sliver of hope, even with my shot luck. :B
Right now I'm trying to SR for a shiny Kyurem 857 times in and...yeah. I try to mix it up with breeding for a shiny Hawlucha but nothing yet on either end.
It seems like 5iv pokemon are rarer for me than shinies resulting in accidental ones happening. xD

TheMaster327

I made a strawpoll for my next MM. Please vote and I'll MM the most popular :)

The strawpoll can be found here [CLOSED]. I look forward to seeing the results.

Thanks for the congrats on my Turtwig, and congrats on all of your recent sparkles also, guys! Keep 'em coming!

EDIT: Thank you for voting :) The winner of the poll is Litwick with 41% of the vote. So that's my next MM! Wish me luck!

Last edited:

serpent222

Congrats on all of the recent shinies. I was expecting another long hunt with my last one, as starter hunts tend to take me forever.

Normally, I don't even start counting my eggs until after I get a pokemon with 6IVs and the right egg moves to start breeding for the shiny. I didn't get that far. I got to three egg moves and 5IVs when I got a shiny Oshawott. On the downside: It doesn't have the best IV spread (though it's not terrible) and it doesn't have its HA. On the upside, I got a 6IV HA Oshawott in the same batch of 5 as the shiny, so that was a very successful hand. I really don't know how many eggs it took, but if I were to estimate, it was just shy of 100.

[img139]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/serpent222/Figure%20collection/1012152203a_zpsx8bfkhjv.jpg[/img139]

So good luck to everyone on their current hunts. I'm off to decide which of my next dozen pokemon I'll try for a shiny with.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I love German, and after 4 years of learning it I can say that I respect it just as much as English, although if you look up some German words you will be surprised by how literal the words are and how long they can get. I am not the best with nicknames so I might just borrow this idea.

German is an interesting language ^_^ Just don't ask me to try pronouncing it XD I'm going to have to get myself a German dictionary, though, since we all know that Google Translate SUCKS

Cyberra on eggs. are you german? or do you just like the lingo?[/B]

I am not German, nor do I have any German in my bloodline that I'm aware of (standard Atlantic Canadian, so Irish/Scottish with some Norwegian thrown in). I do have German friends, though, so discussions of language and culture do tend to pop up from time to time. Also, I am a fanfiction writer (currently writing in the universe of the Halo video game series) and one of my characters is of German descent. I was telling my German friend about him in skype once and she figured that most likely he came from an old noble bloodline, and things went from there. The conversations have been very interesting.

My targets are still being elusive... Grumpig continues to dance just out of reach while taunting me mercilessly. Slowpoke is at 330 eggs. Regigigas now stands at 20,300 SRs

Edit: *le sigh* My luck in the psychic safari continues... At least this time it's not another dang sigilyph. No, this time it was a shiny duosion (was wondering when one was gonna pop up) after 4,091 REs. Male, impish, somewhat vain, and has his HA, Regenerator. I have a shiny reuniclus that I bred out already, so into wonder trade he goes.

Last edited:

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Well I did some Wonder Trading in AS on Saturday and got a Shiny Spanish Pelipper. He's cool looking but doesn't have the HA. But he's SHINY!! So yeah I'm good. I don't even have the Shiny Charm and I do manage to get Shinies without really trying. I still love my Shiny Milotic, he's nearly level 100 now.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
man missed alot since I was gone once again XD

Congrats Jersey Jimmy on pidgey,PrasmaticPrincessAnna on eeveex2,ShiningknightXY on cobalion,Thibideau on houndour,Azulart on magikarp(nice man :3),Spulcam on furfrou,Cyberra on spiritomb( I actually don't have dream ball one :p) and exeggcute,MultiDarkShadow777 on magikarp,Laurelai on deino,general_ridley on regirock,TheMaster327 on turtwig,Philies on inkay,spiritomb,and marowak,Crimson Penguin on mareep,TheShinyLunatone on oddish(changed my target but will be doing oddish next and thanks :3),serpent222 on oshawott,Vale Star on shiny pelipper ^_^

good luck to all hunts still in progress which my hunt has started hatched 60 eggs of boxes of bulbasaurs which nothing shined yet but still got at least 8 boxes still left before filling up again :)

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Hi all!

I'm pretty new to the world of shiny hunting. However before I go any further.
Congratulations to all on their recent shinies. And best of luck to those currently MM'ing/SR or RE :)

Now. Last week I decided -once the gruelling task was complete- that since I've obtained the shiny charm I should MM.

I went for Bulba and on the 8th October. After 1 day and 201 eggs a shiny hatched. Perfect IV's and modest with leaf storm. So happy.

My most recent hunt however..... I put my Mence in with a 5iv Korean Gyarados. Well after 4 days and 1,000+ eggs.... no shiny.
At the suggestion of a really nice person on the forums, Last night I switched the Gyara for a 5iv Ditto Jap.
Boy was I rewarded. After only 106 eggs Bagon finally hatched green.
BAGON1.jpg
I'm afraid I did a rather loud "wooo". haha
I can't seem to upload the photo of his stats. He's Outstanding with the IV spread of 31/31/31/31/x/31
Not ideal but i'm certainly going to use it.

I'm not sure who to go after next tbh. Either Starmie/Swampert/Marill or Jolteon ....
Hopefully i'm back here soon!

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
After only 34 Eggs I hatched my second shiny Timid treeko !
Sadly it misses the perfect IV in special attack so it is not better than my first shiny treecko so I am going to give it away.

[img139]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/KarVMsh_inM/hqdefault.jpg[/img139]

Good luck everyone, my next aim is Eelektros.

Last edited:

SmartD

I was at Route 117 and the moment I went into a patch of grass, a Shiny Marill appeared! Tried to capture it with two Dive Balls, but it didn't work. Tried a Luxury Ball while I paralyzed it and a critical capture happened and it was finally caught. This is the second Shiny Pokemon I caught in Alpha Sapphire.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*running around in circles like a lunatic* OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/538_zpsmehwa7lk.jpg[/img139]

I found him! I found him! After 20,387 soft resets I found him!

I was between hatching eggs on Y so I was looking down my my DS screen watching as I began another encounter with Regigigas... and he showed up in purple!

This king of giants was as wily as he was elusive... My hunt lead is a lvl 100 bisharp. I got off two Aerial Aces to bring down Regi's health but he used Revenge twice and KOed my bisharp. Though that did let me bring out my lunatone and attack without missing a turn. Put Regigigas to sleep, threw a ball. One shake, he popped out and woke up. His attack missed. Put him to sleep again, chucked two more balls, and the last one stuck :D

His name is German and means "colossus" or "giant". Also means "juggernaut", which suits Regigigas when he's really ticked off... Just look at the anime episode where Hunter J provokes one into a rage for proof of that.

Nature!
[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/543_zpsns9ljl4l.jpg[/img139]

Stats!
[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/544_zpsn8vxnx31.jpg[/img139]

SPARKLES!
[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/545_zpshmiqqsqw.jpg[/img139]

I have picked up my Unown RE hunt in Diamond and managed 200 REs for it, bringing my total to 5,400. I also went down to Route 8 in Y and caught a female spoink; if I get slowpoke before grumpig shines I'll start breeding for shiny spoink and move my safari hunt to a steel safari after excadrill.

Slowpoke is at 580 eggs.

Last edited:

Iwanuq

Iwan
Just here for a quick update! Conrats to everyone in their shiny pokes (Especially Cyberra on Regigigas!!!! Woot woot, every time I read your post I hoped he would pop up! So glad he did.)

Pokemon X: I've been adding ghost friend safaris to participate in this CH, nothing has shined for me just yet.
Alpha Sapphire: I've started a new hunt, and put away 5 boxes of eggs at the moment, if I get it I shall let you guys know what it is, :).
Pokemon Heartgold: I estimate I've done 3,000 RE IN union cave, however I haven't hunted recently because I haven't had much time for it, I believe I will start it up tomorrow since I will be on a plane.

Good luck to everyone! Hope something shines for you soon! :)

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Congrats on RegiRocks on the Bagon,espeically Cyberra on that regigigas I am glad it shined for you ^_^,Azulart on treecko,SmartD on Marill(such a nice shiny ^_^)

well this hunt was fairly fast I hatched about almost 4 boxes and emerged a darker green bulbling ^_^

He is hasty nature hp fire with ivs of 31/x/31/x/31/x with hidden ability! all what I wanted but female but I am okay with male because most important is its hp fire and hidden ability.

http://i.imgur.com/uyldSh8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FwjcQCU.jpg

good luck to all that is hunting which I will be taking a break atm for mming since I have to get my costume done before halloween but still will hatch the rest of the boxes of bulbas and see if another one emerges.

also since bulbasaur is part poison COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETEx2

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
First off, congrats to people on the new Shinies. I recently hatched almost 50 more Larvitar eggs for my MM hunt yesterday since I had the day off and I did horde encounters as well in X and Y. I'll focus on doing some more consecutive fishing in Alpha Sapphire today.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Hey guys! I'm back.

Congratulations to FairyWitch on Bulba, Azulart on Treecko and Cyberra on Regiggigas!

I tried to MM starmie but due to the fact I need to breed new mons for VGC/OU singles, I gave up.
However I was just breeding Rotom so I could use it's alternate forms, when.... you guessed it!

After 41 eggs, My English Rotom with Jap 5iv ditto.

It's Modest- Outstanding with the IV spread of 31/x/31/31/31/x
A little dissappointed that it missed out on speed but I will certainly be using it!
I wasn't even going for shiny Rotom. Just one with the IV's in the right places :p

I still need to breed at least 3 more perfect rotoms so who knows, maybe I will get another? Not getting hopes up :p
Next MM has to be Hydreigon. Cos It is my favourite Pseudo legend. Will return to Starmie one day tho!

Attachments

• ROTOM1.jpg
    ROTOM1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Well, look who finally decided to show up.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/551_zpsdmavrsii.jpg[/img139]

After 4,902 REs, three sigilyph, and a duosion, I finally get my shiny grumpig. She's naive and takes plenty of siestas, with Own Tempo. With her capture my dex is now at 717 caught/720 seen. My next safari hunt will be steel, after excadrill.

Slowpoke is at 820 eggs. Unown ?/! is at 5,700 REs

Thibideau

Beautiful Midnight
Congrats to General_Ridley on Regirock, TheMaster327 on Turtwig,Phillies on all your shiny's, Cyberra on Exeggccute, Duosion(and condolences), Regigigas, Grumpig, and Spiritomb, PrismaticPrincessAnna on Eevee #7,Crimson Penguin on Mareep,TheShinyLunatone on Oddish, serpent222 on Oshawott, Vale_Star on Pelliper, Regi_Rocks on Bulbasaur, Bagon, and Rotom, Azulart on Treecko, SmartD on Marill, FairyWitch on Bulbasaur, and anyone else I may have missed!

After my last hunt I got really lucky with Litwick. It shined so fast that I didn't even get to find a Perfect breeder for it. She's missing perfect IV's in HP and Spec.Def but I'm fine with her. She has her HA and 4 Egg moves(Acid Armor, Heat wave, Clear Smog, Haze). Since she's ghost that completes the Community hunt x3

[IMG139]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv30/trepie4/c4e01f07-5ba5-4d89-83dd-61b9680f9d95_zpsyuxj3skl.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139][/IMG139]

After she hathced I switched to my next target, Aron. It took a while to get started because I wanted to give it 4 egg moves and that took a while in itself. Once I had Head smash, Curse, Dragon Rush and Stealth Rock I started the haul to find a Shiny. After 365 eggs these eerie little red eyes were on my screen.

[IMG139]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv30/trepie4/a9afc6ba-9ee1-4aea-a58c-bb11fed00a6b_zpssiqrpgjp.jpg[/IMG139]

So tomorrow or the next day I might start on my next target Noibat. I'm looking forward to the fact that there aren't any egg moves that I want to breed onto it first :p

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys its Azu again with another shiny report (Yay for 3 shiny MM hatches in a week :D)

Though this report is again a failure for me despite the awesome shiny count at 57.

[img139]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y354/AzolRaimT/Foto%20op%2015-10-15%20om%2016.55%202kopie.jpg[/img139]

Nest ball best fitting ball for Eelektros but the little Tynamo misses the max sp.attack and due its Modest it just becomes useless in a sentence..

Good luck everyone, no clue what my next aim is.. Think its going to be a Dream Ball shiny Musharna but I'll see what I come up with !

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Hey, I finally got my shiny seviper the other night! At least I finally got it in a horde spam in Y, no zangoose, wingull, or taillow this time, so I can add it to my shiny Rocketdex. I named it Dayglo, I love those shiny colors on seviper. And since it's a poison type, Community hunt complete x 2!

I'm going to take a break for a bit to work on breeding, since I've gotten quite a lot of pokemon by wonder trades and want to breed some good offspring for trades, so I may try horde spamming or dexnav hunting here and there for a few weeks, but I'll get back to regular hunting soon.

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
So, in early September I decided I needed to bite the bullet and get a shiny of my favorite pokemon, Lucario. I had been procrastinating on this because I knew that, though I already had a 5IV Japanese Female, breeding the right male would be a pain because of Riolu's baby status. Regardless, about two days later I had the right pair in the DayCare and set to breeding. I had hoped it would be a faster one since my previous MM hunt, Fletchling, had been like 1100 eggs, but Riolu decided to be a pain and after about 1200 eggs I laid the hunt down while I focused on getting my Spooky Cup team ready. Last week, I picked it up again, collected 100 eggs and got to breeding while watching a lecture. I had a feeling I would get the shiny soon and I was right:

SxbYmHc.jpg

For obvious reasons, I named him Anubis. He has perfect IVs in HP, SpAtk, Sp.Def, and Speed, breaking my chain of bad luck with my previous MMs where I would always miss out on the most important stat, Timid nature, and egg moves Bullet Punch, Vacuum Wave, and Sky Uppercut. He's very cute and I'm very happy to have my favorite mon shiny finally.

And then yesterday, after wonder trading some, I ended up with a fantastic female 5IV Timid Jap Gastly and thought that since it's Halloween, I should go for a shiny ghost. Loaded up some eggs last night before bed and finished collecting 95 of them this morning. Apparently, the shiny gods decided to be very kind to me after the longer hunt with Riolu because after only 29 eggs, a blue-hued Gastly graces my screen:

SxbYmHc.jpg

He's Timid with perfect IVs in HP, Atk, Def, Sp.Atk, and Speed, which is quite awesome, and the egg moves Haze, Clear Smog, Disable and Perish Song. Though I liked Gastly's shiny form better in 4th generation, when the blue contrasted so brightly with the purple, I'm still quite enamored by this shiny. Plus, this is the first time I can say Community Hunt Complete :D

Congrats to everyone on recent shinies, especially Cyberra on the Regigigas! Good luck to all those hunting!

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Hi everybody! I'm back. :)

First of, congratulations to LucarioMan101 on Gastly, Wobbanut on Seviper and Thibideau on Litwick!

I am still in the process of MMing Deino. It still hasn't shined, but then I'm only up to like 98 eggs or so.
I have finally got two 5iv non shinys. So I decided to take a break from MMing before going to sleep and decided to EV train them.

I EV train with hordes and power items. FYI. I was just finishing off one of the Deino's speed EV's. When.... you guessed it
This lil beauty popped up!

[img139]http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr207/ckpencarrow92/Zingers2_zpsj1c5exwl.png[/img139]

[img139]http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr207/ckpencarrow92/Zingers1_zpsbqgh3flm.png?t=1444866965[/img139]

She has a Jolly Nature and she likes to relax! That gave me a lil hope. So went off to the battle resort to check her IV's and......
She's got above average potential, with a fantastic HP stat..... but her attack is terrible! LOL.... ugh NVM.
Can't complain too much tho! 3rd shiny this week!
Anyway, hopefully Deino shines soon!