• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
There we go.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/582_zpske4byhcg.jpg[/img139]

After 710 eggs, I get my blue cow (I wonder if she gives blue milk...). She's jolly and alert to sounds, with Thick Fat. I think the dive ball goes very well with her coloring.

Up next is skarmory. Judging from other hunters' posts about breeding steel birds it seems that impish is the preferred nature, so that's what I'll be aiming for. In a nest ball.

Upper Solaceon Ruins is at 11,400 REs.

Shiny Lord

Has anyone gotten a code for Shiny Xernas from the streaming event. Do we know if these codes are unique? Or can they be used more than once?

taufik386

got this dopey pokemon last monday after 338 eggs.
actually hope it got regenerator, but oblivious is fine

[img139]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/911/eCPf2q.jpg[/img139]

and got shiny nuzleaf using dexnav.

congrats everuone on your recent shinies and good luck on you current hunting

SkyMew

Got myself a Shiny Timid-natured male Zorua in a Quick Ball by hatching in Pokémon Y.

It has Outstanding potential, 5 perfect IV in all except Attack.

Finally.

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
Hello everyone! I've not posted here since August, so huge congratulations to all shinies since then!!

I've only recently started playing Pokémon again after taking a break to do other things. Last week I downloaded Omega Ruby and completed a shiny badge quest (shockingly, all 8 shinies appeared very quickly!). Then I soft reset one of my dream shinies, Reshiram. Incredibly happy when I got him, all correct nature and IVs and all :)

However, I'm now doing runaway encounters for Latias at Southern Island (with shiny charm) but its not going well. I've done AT LEAST 10,000 runaways (turned the DS off several times throughout the hunt) and nothing. Now I know its possible to get a shiny this way as I did it with Latios on AS and I've seen plenty of YouTube videos, but I can't help but feel something's gone wrong...like a glitch. I've even been considering if a recent patch for the game, or the fact it was downloaded and not a hard copy has impacted it in some way. I know this is silly reasoning, but I cant understand why it hasn't appeared yet after so many encounters, especially factoring in the shiny charm.

Good luck to all who are hunting!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Not much shiny news this week. I went in a new ghost friend safari that had pumpkaboo, drifblim, and lampent, hoping for pumpkaboo. I got lampent instead, but I'm not complaining too much, it's a fresh shiny, and at least not another drifblim. :)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Most of the shiny Pokemons are ugly. I really don't care about having a shiny, unless to exibit it like a trophy.

If you can't say anything nice, then don't post here.

Anyway...

After 539 REs in the electric safari, one of my two targets has shined.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/584_zpsad94zjps.jpg[/img139]

Shiny female pikachu. She's hasty and likes to thrash about, with Static. Going to train her in SpATK and Speed, then evolve her. Her nature isn't +SpATK, but it's not -SpATK either. Her name is German and means "thunder".

Will be remaining in this safari and trying for dedenne as well.

Skarmory is at 150 eggs. Upper Solaceon Ruins hunt is at 11,900 REs

Edit: Okay then...

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/588_zps9hporpxk.jpg[/img139]

On my first egg after finishing with my shiny raichu, I find a weird-looking skarmory. Yup, she's shiny. Impish nature and capable of taking hits, with Keen Eye.

I think I'm going to finish with eevee next; I just need one more for vaporeon. Will be hatching for bold nature.

Edit #2: I was training my skarmory in HP with foongus hordes in the Winding Woods when one of them decided to sparkle at me. Shiny foongus is female, docile, takes plenty of siestas, and has Regenerator, its HA. I have a shiny amoongus already, so into wonder trade she goes.

Last edited:

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Cyberra on Phanpy, Slowpoke, Diggersby x2, Rotom, Eevee, Camerupt, Miltank, and Pikachu (and getting the Shiny Charm), Tsukuyomi56 on Sentret, Laurelai on Kyurem and Golett, Alexander18 on Omanyte and Aerodactyl, PrismaticPrincessAnna on Eevee, Pawniard x2, Tepig, and Squirtle, Louise955 on Zorua, Geodude x3, and Floatzel, Phillies on Manectric, Palpitoad, Sawsbuck, Woobat, Aipom, Spritzee, Nuzleaf, Trapinch, Magmar, Regirock, Terrakion, and Fraxure, TheMaster327 on Litwick, Rayquaza, Cherubi, and Torchic (perfect female shiny starter? So jealous), MultiDarkShadow777 on Torchic, Thibideau on Noibat, Petilil, Froakie, Electrike, and Absol, serpent222 on Zigzagoon, Corphish, Mesprit, and Uxie, Lorde on Teddiursa and Larvitar, Ampharos_Spark on Trevenant, Litwick, and Gastly, pkmnbrawler123 on Electabuzz, Golurk, Shuppet x2, Luvdisc, Skrelp, Braixen, Wailmer, Zorua, Numel, Kabuto, Torchic, Pansage, Bagon, Relicanth, Corsola, and Zigzagoon, Azulart on Electrike, Aesnath on Landorus, Paraqua on Misdreavus x3, Virizion, and Koffing, Draknir on Poochyena, Greedy Chibi on Pyroar, wobbanut on Poochyena, Shuppet, and Lampent, Cpchris on Budew and Gastly, Iwanuq on Grimer, Zekrom, Mankey, Pumpkaboo, and Slugma, taufik386 on Tepig, Azurill, Pansear, Slowpoke, and Nuzleaf, Missingno. Master on Numel, Ralts, Kricketune, Chimecho, Zubat x4, Nincada, Swablu, Mawile, Wingull, Murkrow, Pelipper, Whismur, Aerodactyl, Sigilyph, Shuppet, and Karrablast, maskofsanity1998 on Sandshrew and Dunsparce, Smobble on Wailmer, Quils on Taillow, Skitty, Sableye, and Aron, Shy on Mudkip, HM02gon on Sandshrew, Oddish, and Nincada, masterbreeder42 on Zekrom, SkyMew on Zorua, darkpaladin2015 on Reshiram and your BQ shinies, and anyone else I may have missed!

Thanks to Keane, Cpchris, Thibideau, Aesnath, Draknir, and Razorbadger for the congrats! Also, it's nice to see some of the older hunters returning to the thread. : D

Whew, been a while since I got a chance to post here. Had three midterms this week and the studying was killing me >_< But now I get to relax for a little while, which I have been very much looking forward to. : D

Has anyone gotten a code for Shiny Xernas from the streaming event. Do we know if these codes are unique? Or can they be used more than once?

I believe they can only be used once, but sadly they can only be redeemed in Japanese games. I actually tried to download it earlier today just to see if I could (I'm in the US), but it gave me a message saying "Your game cannot receive the gift provided by this code" or something to that effect. I wish they would just make these things available to people outside Japan... sure the rest of us have gotten some stuff here and there, but nowhere near the amount that Japan has - I'm still miffed about them getting shiny Jirachi twice. Yes, I know, franchise originated in Japan and all, but there are a lot of Pokemon players around the world and it's only fair that they try to include as many people as possible, especially when it involves Pokemon that you just can't get legitimately anywhere else. Plus shiny Xerneas looks awesome and I really want one.

Okay, rant over. Anyway, due to aforementioned midterms, shiny hunting has been on the back burner, but I have managed to get my hunts up to 8000 SRs and counting for Lugia (I'm SRing as I type), 6000 REs on Route 114, 400 REs in Mistralton Cave, and my Winding Woods hunt is now underway at 100 REs. Maybe I can find one last shiny for Halloween? Here's hoping!

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially Keane, Cpchris, Cyberra, and Razorbadger!

Thibideau

Beautiful Midnight
Congrats to Lorde on Larvitar, Mr.FusRoDah on Snorunt, Markofsanity1998 on Dunsparce, Smobble on Wailmer, TheMaster327 on Torchic, Quils on Taillow, Skitty, Sableye, and Aron, Ampharos_Spark on Gastly, Cpchris on Gastly, Shy on Mudkip, Cyberra on Camerupt, Pikachu, and Miltank, Paraqua on Koffing, HM02gon on Sandshrew, Oddish, and Nincada, masterbreeder42 on Zekrom, taufik386 on Slowpoke, SkyMew on Zorua, darkpaladin2015 on your Shiny BQ, wobbanut on Lampent, and anyone else I may have missed!

It's been a slow week for me. I ended up catching a cold and just haven't had the concentration to hatch as much as I have been. Kinda sucks since I'm so close to finishing a whole box of Kalos bred Shiny's. Luckily after 721 eggs I hatched this little fellow.

[IMG139]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv30/trepie4/0af5b384-bddf-49da-b0f2-40980b4a9b21_zpsqvx6m8hb.jpg[/IMG139]

Sorry for the garbage picture quality. I'm tired and drugged up on cold pills at them moment so be glad it's not even worse :p He's got perfect IV's in everything but attack which is awesome. And now I've moved on to my 30th and last target(At least for the time being) Chimchar. Luckily I already had a Hitmonchan with most of it's punch moves for Egg moves so I've already started hatching. I just hope I can hatch it sooner rather than later.

Good luck to everyone on hunting their shiny pokemon. Except for Pogaymon I guess. In your case good luck on avoiding them XP

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Thanks to the peeps who answered my shaymin void question. Looks like it aint worth getting since it cant be transferred to gen 6 >->

So now I'll SR Virizion since now i have B2 * 3 * i excepted this fella to leave some cool mons in this preowned game. Onlt finding nothing but lickilicky in the team and its empty xD
But luckily he hasnt caught virizion haha or used the masterball.

So I'll SR it and restart it when i bother coz ive not played black or b2 before :'3

Though days ago I FOUND A SHINY SABLEYE IN FS. I woll show the pics tomorrow :)

Other than that not much updates.
Atm im hunting for charmander and bulbasaur for eggs and virizion for SR.

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
Thanks for the congrats Thibideau and Crimon Penguin, and big congrats to your own shinies, and to everyone else!

Well FINALLY!!! After around 15,000 runaways (dear lord) WITH THE SHINY CHARM, Latias finally shone!!! :D Just so glad its over - I genuinely believed something had glitched in the game. By all rights, I should have had like 11 shiny Latias in the time it took. She is Modest, so synchroniser worked, has outstanding potential, and perfect IVs in attack (damn it) defense and speed.

camhines4

Haven't posted here in a while. Since my last post, I have played only sparsely, but have chained a shiny Electabuzz, Venomoth, 3 Ralts, and last night, a Banette just in time for Halloween! Crazily enough, it came in a chain of only 5. Sadly all three of the Ralts were female. I evolved two into Gardevoir and kept one as Ralts. Currently hunting Mankey.

On a related note, does anyone still chain in Gen 4? Feel like everyone is only into Gen 6 these days

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Hey everyone !

I'm here with a shiny report, sadly not as good like my HP ICE Elecktrike
but its still worth while mentioning none the less :) so here it is after 56 eggs :

[img139]http://img00.deviantart.net/9432/i/2013/308/d/4/shiny_honedge_by_championx91-d6t0y44.jpg[/img139]

Honedge
Pokeball: Luxury ball
Nature: Brave
Abillity: No guard
IVs: 31/28/31/2/31/4
- Wide guard
- Metal sound

Good luck fellow hunters ! my next hunt will be probably Zubat !

Last edited:

General_Ridley

Palace Maven Spenser
The Registeel hunt continues. I'll probably give it extra attention this weekend. Sort of not looking forward to getting it, because that means going after Regice - and Regice is indistinguishable, which means paying a lot of attention rather than idly resetting.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies!

Well, after I got my Shiny Poochyena, I decided to go ahead and complete the Sewaddle line. Only got around to it on Tuesday and took a break until Thursday. After 158 encounters, I got my second Shiny Sewaddle. After 262 encounters, I got my third and final Shiny Sewaddle. So, I now have a Shiny Swadloon and Leavanny. I'm about to start hunting Lillipup now. I think I'm just going to complete Route 101, in all honesty.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
:D Look what I caught!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/591_zpsci89smcd.jpg[/img139]

After just 77 REs into today's leg of the hunt, 11,977 REs total, I get a shiny Unown-? ! It's jolly and somewhat vain, with the standard Levitate ability. I was hoping to start an SR for darkrai next, but I have no way of getting the Member Card currently, so I may just hang around the lower Solaceon Ruins and see what else I can catch there.

Eevee is at 130 eggs.

tui

moon upon a stick
Huge congrats to Cyberra for finally getting that Unown! (and Camerupt, Pikachu, Skarmory, Foongus and Miltank)
Congrats to: Paraqua on Koffing, HM02gon on Sandshrew, Oddish and Nincada, masterbreeder42 on Zekrom, taufik386 on Slowpoke, SkyMew on Zorua, wobbanut on Lampent, Thibideau on Horsea, PPA on Sableye, darkpaladin2015 on the BQ completion, Reshiram and most of all Latias, camhines4 on Electabuzz, Venomoth, Ralts x3 and Banette, Azulart on Honedge, Draknir on Sewaddle x2, and to anyone else I missed!

Welcome back Shy, I remember you at least, and huge congrats on the Mudkip too!
Thanks for the luck, CpChris and Crimson Penguin!

I went out yesterday and found a copy of White 2 - my first ever pokemon game that isn't D/P/Pt! Played a bit and got to Castelia Park where I'll be hunting for pretty much anything really, would love a Skitty or an Eevee the most though! I've been slacking off with my other hunts however - I haven't touched Mt Coronet and Valley Windworks are now at 10,581 REs, and I'm unsure why I stopped off at an odd number last time.

Good luck everyone, especially CpChris and Razorbadger!

Creyk

I met a shiny murkrow in a horde yesterday...it was a difficult catch since my team was full of level 90 monsters but in the end I claimed it as mine.

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Congrats to:

Phillies, Chief Lucario Officer, pkmnbrawler123, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark, tonyg44x, Cyberra, PrismaticPrincessAnna, ShiningKnightXY, Laurelai, serpent222, Razorbadger, Yoitsdaffy, FairyWitch, Psychic, E.Fayth, Draknir, Louise955, TheMaster327, Wobbanut, Crimson Penguin, Iwanuq, Thibideau, Paraqua, TheShinyLunatone (Glad you reclaimed Surskit!), ShinyLord, Jersey Jimmy, Azulart, spaulcam, MultiDarkShadow777, Cyberra (Especially on Regigigas at last!!!), CpChris (Even if you didn't really want that one Bidoof), General Ridley (Glad you reclaimed Regirock!), Vale_Star, Regi_Rocks, SmartD, Lucarioman101, SkyMew, Tsukuyoni56, Alexander18, Lorde, Ampharos_Spark, Aesnath, blastoise92, taufik386, Missingno. Master, maskofsanity1998, Smobble, Quils, Shy, HM02gon, masterbreeder42, darkpaladin2015, camhines4, Creyk and anyone I might've missed on your shiny success!

I've had some surprising luck this October too :).

BQ Target 3: Aron (Horde Encounters in Granite Cave)

A couple of weeks ago when I posted, I was up to 2810 HEs here, hoping to get Aron. While doing some encounters at night when I couldn't get some sleep, after 3522 HEs/ 17,670 pokemon seen I saw:

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00612.jpg[/IMG300]

A Shiny Zubat!

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00621.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00622.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00624.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00625.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00627.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00628.jpg[/IMG300]

It might not have been my first choice, but I love it all the same. Named him Batreaux after a certain demon from Skyward Sword ;). Boy does it have a great colour on screen, even if it really is a pain to get a good picture of XD. I'm just in time to say Community Hunt Complete too!

Then I had a complete surprise a few days later. I was literally just doing some fishing for my Pokedex, telling my brother about how you're given the Red Gyarados in Gold/Silver + remakes. I say how it'd be cool to fish up a Shiny Magikarp to evolve into your own one, and straight after that:

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00649.jpg[/IMG300]

I just. Crazy coincidence, right?!

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00650.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00652.jpg[/IMG300]

I know Chain Fishing increases odds a lot, but I'm sure this came up as only the 2nd Magikarp in a row. Not sure if I was just extremely lucky, or it is that significant a boost. Shame about the nature, but wow, still shocked by that happening XD. Named her Kalypto, which is derived from the greek name Calypso meaning "to cover" or "to hide".

I've now switched to the MM for Aron as my 4th Badge Quest Target (Not counting Magikarp towards that since it was random). Currently at 120 eggs so far.

Good luck to everyone on your hunts!