• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I got a Halloween shiny! :D

Was hatching eevees while between trick-or-treaters (I've been on door duty for the last decade) and the 286th egg hatched silver! He's bold and capable of taking hits, with his HA, Anticipation. He's now a gorgeous purple vaporeon ^_^

My next MM is heracross, adamant nature and in a love ball.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I did 80 more SRs last night for my Shiny Sudowoodo hunt, then I did some horde encounters at Route 12 in Y version, but no Shiny appeared in the hordes. I'm gonna do chain fishing on Alpha Sapphire tonight and then start my new Masuda Method hunt. Congrats to SkyMew and others.

darkpaladin2015

Shiny Hunter
Congratulations to Wobbanut, camhines4, Azulart, Draknir, Cyberra, Creyk, Ambri, Lorde, and anyone else I have missed!

This morning, I caught another dream legendary of mine - shiny Ho-oh!! :D After Reshiram, this was the next most coveted shiny legendary in my life. I tried many, many times and failed spectacularly on various HeartGold save files. I love its gold and silver shiny palette a lot. My sycnhroniser worked - Adamant, with perfect IVs in HP, Sp def and Speed. Unfortunately, it broke out of every single Repeat Ball I threw at it. Despite it being paralysed, it was hardly ever actually paralysed, so ran out of PP very quickly, which meant it needed to be Master Balled. Gutted I had to do it as I hate using the Master Ball but it left me no choice.

Good luck to your current hunts!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Cyberra on Miltank, taufik386 on Slowpoke, SkyMew on Zorua, Cyberra on Skarmory, Thibideau on Horsea, darkpaladin2015 on Latias, Azulart on Honedge, Cyberra on Unown, Cyberra on Eevee, darkpaladin2015 on Ho-Oh, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats Crimson Penguin, Thibideau, and Ambri :) And thank you for the good luck, Crimson Penguin and Keane!

-----------

Finished levelling Gengar to 100! I’ve also been trying to use pickup with some Ambipom a little (started when I was training Gengar). I’ve gotten 2 Shiny Stones so far and a Dawn Stone. I’d still like to have some extras, but I think that’s probably all I’ll need of Shiny Stones – enough for a shiny and non-shiny of a female Roserade. Though in the event I actually am ambitious enough to train up more than one more of them, I’ll need at least 2 more stones. I have 3 total Dawn Stones right now, so I need at least one more to have enough for Gallade and Froslass.

As for October, it ended with 4 shinies for me which, despite the bad luck on my games, is still pretty good for me and better than average! Though my HG and Black 2 didn’t shine at all this month…Well, my HG technically did, but on a different save file :x Still, my main HG file hasn’t shone since early September, and Black 2 hasn’t shone since mid-August. I’m hoping November can bring an end to those hunts! Currently, Black 2 stands at 26,000 REs, Platinum at 2,500 REs, and HeartGold at 18,300 REs.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, ChaoticInverse, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, Razorbadger, Keane, and Nakashima)!

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
hey friends! its been a while, congrats on all these shinies you guys ghave gotten!
i am at `530 eggs for mystery hunt, 1731 total for tis hunt if we count the games that were stolen....

question: who was it that had the monster hunt of all hunts anddid like 9000 eggs for like...roggenrolla was it?
i have grown weak. 530 eggs and im already tiredXD

good luck everyone!

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all recent shinies

Well my newest shinies got to be different then initially planned.

I went after shiny Elekid, first through Dex naving. When Dex-naving didn't give me any shinies, I turned to the Masuda method, which resulted into my Halloween shinies.
Not just one but two shiny Elekids popped from their eggs. The first one hatched from egg 186 and the second one hatched around egg 250. I didn't nickname them yet since shiny Elekid is so barely any different from it's normal colour, you'd easily think the lighting is playing tricks on your eyes. This is why I only noticed them being shiny after I put them in the box.

While EV training my shiny Misdreavus for her speed, I ran into a shiny Aron. This messed up my EV spread for Misdreavus so I had to remove all the EV's I already had for Misdreavus and start training her all over again xD

Good luck to all future shinies

LaurensNT

I am looking for a shiny 6iv / 5iv (attack missing ) timid protean Froakie and a shiny 6iv/ 5iv special attack missing charmander adamant (they must have a non Asian name)

I am offering : 6iv shiny steelix, 6iv shiny salamance , 6 iv shiny sylveon, 6iv shiny charizard , 6 iv shiny altars , 6 iv shiny elekid (all have perfect natures and moves

Pm me if you are interested

FC 2981 6619 9242

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
I am looking for a shiny 6iv / 5iv (attack missing ) timid protean Froakie and a shiny 6iv/ 5iv special attack missing charmander adamant (they must have a non Asian name)

I am offering : 6iv shiny steelix, 6iv shiny salamance , 6 iv shiny sylveon, 6iv shiny charizard , 6 iv shiny altars , 6 iv shiny elekid (all have perfect natures and moves

Pm me if you are interested

FC 2981 6619 9242

try the trade forum.

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
While EV training my shiny Misdreavus for her speed, I ran into a shiny Aron. This messed up my EV spread for Misdreavus so I had to remove all the EV's I already had for Misdreavus and start training her all over again xD

congrats, but you could have used a qualot berry instead of starting all over

guyss badge quests suck. im at 575 eggs hatched and nooo shiny. how will i ever beat the e4 at this rate : /

Last edited:

TheMaster327

Yay, after a chain of 41, a blue Moocow popped up on my X!

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSw67kaWsAAiv61.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSw67k8WwAEmhoo.jpg[/img139]

It's Mild, which is horrid, but at least it doesn't hinder Attack or Speed, which is good. It's IVs: 6 - 9 / 8 - 11 / 18 - 21 / 31 / 25, 27 / 31. Typical. If Miltank was a Special Attacker, I'd be set!

stardog-champ

I found (and caught) my first shiny in Alpha Sapphire! I was looking for a Staryu in Liycove City and found a shiny Wailmer instead. It was totally cool

taufik386

three days ago before i go to bed, i decide to continue resetting registeel. and 30 minute later the shiny showed up. total 1933 resets

[IMG139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20151030_231212_1_p_1-600x838.jpg[/IMG139]

today shiny goomy decided to appear too, after 411 eggs

[IMG139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20151102_073755_1_p_1-600x782.jpg[/IMG139]

other shinies i got using dexnav are zorua and trubbish

congrat everyones on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

Cyberra

pain in the ***
question: who was it that had the monster hunt of all hunts anddid like 9000 eggs for like...roggenrolla was it?
i have grown weak. 530 eggs and im already tiredXD

That was me. It was 7,029 eggs for roggenrola. Another hunter went over 8,000 for tauros.

Currently my hunts are sitting at 865 REs in the safari in the second phase for dedenne and 100 heracross eggs hatched. I was messing around in minecraft today so I wasn't hunting. Have not gone back to Diamond's Solaceon Ruins yet.

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: Creyk on Murkrow, Ambri on Zubat and Magikarp, Cyberra on Eevee, darkpaladin2015 on Ho-Oh, Paraqua on Elekid x2 and Aron, TheMaster327 on Miltank, stardog-champ on Wailmer, taufik386 on Registeel, Goomy, Zorua and Trubbish, and to anyone else I missed!

I managed to push through 2600 REs in Castelia over the weekend, and hopefully I'll be able to bring it up to 3k tonight. I haven't touched either of my other hunts, and I only really have tomorrow night free as Wednesday and Thursday I'm busy both nights to the point where I probably won't touch my games. I'm not really having a great time at the moment, my school days are really long, the buses in my area recently switched companies so travel is becoming expensive and a pain, and I've just started another 7 week term... I only do 4 subjects, why has it got so much worse after I used to do 12?

Anyway, good luck everybody, especially CpChris and Razorbadger.

Marsalevsky

Shiny Collector
So I switched my Alpha Sapphire hunt from Lotad to Absol, and that paid off rather quickly; welcoming Eclipse to the family. After, I decided to go after Cobalion, and was surprised when it took less than 100 resets, so greetings to Cobalt.
At this time, I've postponed my Growlithe hunt, and am almost 1170 fossil-restorations into my new hunt for Omanyte (praise Helix).
Still no luck on Palkia though. Hoping that hunt will be over soon.
I did start a Platinum hunt this week though. If successful, Piplup will be my first ever shiny starter.

Congrats to all those who've had successful hunts recently, and good luck to the rest who are working towards their current objectives!

Shiny Lord

Just found out that Japan is to get a shiny Tyranitar event starting November 7th!! And they just got Shiny Xerneas(Oct 29th) and Shiny Yevetial(next week) Ugh!! Not impressed!!!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Just found out that Japan is to get a shiny Tyranitar event starting November 7th!! And they just got Shiny Xerneas(Oct 29th) and Shiny Yevetial(next week) Ugh!! Not impressed!!!

It's so not fair that Japan gets all these events and we don't. How do they justify ticking off so much of the fanbase by making these events, like the shiny xerneas and yveltal, Japan-only? And "because it started in Japan" does not cut it.

Anyway...

After 1,304 REs into the second phase of the hunt, I get a black manectric. He's adamant and takes plenty of siestas, with Static. I have a shiny manectric that I caught as an electrike from a horde, so into wonder trade he goes.

Heracross is at 320 eggs. Shiny alphabet hunt is at 400 REs

Edit: Second shiny manectric after 1,369 REs. This one is female, sassy and takes plenty of siestas, with Lightning Rod. Again, sending her into wonder trade.

Last edited:

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to TheMaster327 with Eevee and Miltank, Creyk on Murkrow, Ambri on Zubat and Magikarp, darkpaladin2015 on Ho-Oh, Para stardog-champ on Wailmer, taufik386 on Registeel, Goomy, Zorua and Trubbish, Cyberra with Eevee and Manectric x2 and to anyone else I missed!

My latest Masuda hunt was another succes. After just 152 eggs, a shiny Sableye hatched. It's a female which I named Marceline, is Calm nature through everstone, has the ability Stall and has perfect IV's in HP, ATK, DEF, Sp. Def and Speed.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
We haven't even been told for sure whether they're coming over, hold your horses about complaining about Japan's abundance of shiny events.

Besides, why get an event shiny Tyranitar when you can MM / RE for it yourself? I'm more annoyed at the silly amount of shinies they're giving away. If Xerneas / Yveltal do make it over here, people won't want to hunt for them even if they're not shiny-locked in the next games. Why? They'll probably have them already from the event. The Tyranitar event annoys me in that sense even more, but as I said, the event hasn't reached the rest of the world yet.

I'd say it's a bummer for them over in Japan to have ruined certain shinies by making them available without much work or effort at all ;P

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
We haven't even been told for sure whether they're coming over, hold your horses about complaining about Japan's abundance of shiny events.

Besides, why get an event shiny Tyranitar when you can MM / RE for it yourself?

My thoughts exactly, shiny tyranitar is not that special and there is no reason to complain about it. Plus, pokemon is more welcome in japan and very known ( check out those weird events lol ) I understand why they give more rewards out there, to me it seems very logical.

Anyway, I'm currently at 67 eggs on zubat, no shiny yet. Hope it will shine soon !

Good luck fellow hunters.