• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Laurelai

Congrats on everyone's recent shinies, and sorry Cyberra for the luck!!

Yesterday was a pretty good day shiny-wise :D I SR'd for Azelf and she shined in under 100 SRs. Her IVs are really good too, especially for a wild catch. She has (Yeah, I know its genderless, but she's a she in my head) perfect IVs in HP, SpATK, SpDEF and SPD.

[img139]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/IMG_20151105_084440.jpg_zps2qvwcfiv.png[/img139]

Her name is taken from a fun little list : http://www.buzzfeed.com/danieldalton/my-pain-has-a-name#.wqZlQv31M

Then, hatching eggs via MM, my shiny Tympole popped out some 18 hours later! I hatched about 400-ish eggs for her to pop. IV's are 5 perfect, missing SPD. One more shiny frog for my shiny frog rain team for my secret base! :D

[img139]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/IMG_20151106_024953.jpg_zpsjgdgfb7e.png[/img139]

Her name is from the scientific Latin name for the cane toad :D

Anyway, good luck on everyone's hunts!!

Last edited:

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
First off, congrats to the successful (TheMaster327, stardog-champ, taufik386, Marsalevsky, Cyberra, Paraqua, SkyMew, camhines4, Azulart, Keovix, communist, smobble (sort of…), wobbanut, Psychic, Laurelai) and good luck to those still searching (TheShinyLunatone, Keane, Lorde, Manglepaw)!

OK, so for the last few weeks I was reading on my busride, so I decided to SR for Groudon at night, rather than on the busride. Then I finished the book and haven’t acquired another one, so he went back to being my “busride buddy.” I’ve stopped counting the SRs, but I’m sure I’m over odds on him. This is all relevant as I only take an OG DS on the bus with me and am generally too lazy to switch the games to SR at night. As a result, I finished the “golems” sidequest on AS and began SRing for Regirock. Overall, it went pretty fast, with only about 250 SRs to see the chocolate golem. I’ll be SRing for Regice next, at least until I get “The Throne of Jade” to read on the bus.

Unrelatedly, this SR obsession of mine has made me forget how much fun it can be to just wander in the game, getting into random battles.

ebevan91

Was looking for a Swirlix to capture and was about to rage quit until I found a shiny Ducklett. Ended up rage quitting after capturing the Ducklett anyways. I tried to upload photos to an image hosting website but it's not working.

This makes the 3rd shiny I've found in X version. All on different playthroughs.

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Wow thats a great Azelf Laurelei ! Excellent iV's and.. judging by its stats, modest nature right? congrats !
I can see a choice scarf or specs on it doing tons of damage in competitive gameplay :)

As for me.. no luck yet, also its weird that gloomy takes so much steps to hatch (it equals the likes of aerodactyl I believe )
I'm currently at 116 eggs with no luck so far.. ARGH I hate when my numbers go above 100 with slow to hatch pokemons.

Anyway good luck guys !

communist

Congrats to everyone, especially Laurelai, Azelf is one of my favorite shinies!

I went hunting for a shiny reluctantly but ended up with a shiny Clawitzer. Sadly it's female and I'd rather have a male so I'm gonna give this one away in hopes of finding a male later. Good luck, everybody!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Picked up my Pokemon X today for the first time in a month or more to get some RE'ing done on Route 10 for Shiny Houndour in the Yellow Flowers.

This decided to appear no more than 5 minutes into the hunt;

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/76B34C84-E5D8-4949-B14A-FA082A19AD03_zps6e8qvxoh.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/56EBC79E-B4B5-4DCD-B897-064BB0C85547_zpsthdsnjvl.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/D65A5DD0-D092-4411-9311-0377C040A322_zpslecxmcbz.jpg[/IMG139]

So it's not what i was after right now... but it is a Shiny i was going to hunt on this Route eventually anyway, so heck i'll take it lol, 1 down 4 to go for this Route(Hawluncha, Houndour, Sigilyph & Emolga).

Good luck everyone with your hunts. :)

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Hey everyone, got shiny news !

[img139]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y354/AzolRaimT/weg.jpg[/img139]

Decided to give a break to Goomy duo its over amount of time hatching, it usually works well for me to continue another hunt when one hunt just takes to long
and well once again it helps and after 32 eggs shiny ferroseeds pops out ! with cool stats too !

Abillity: Iron barbs
Nature: Brave
IV's: 31/16/31/3/31/0

Repeat ball fits Ferrothron really well and I'm happy its a female to further add the red colors,
IV's are very do-able and I can't wait to train it and give it a go in my VGC team !

Good luck to everyone !

Last edited:

communist

Congrats kirkeastmen and azulart, both of those are dope shinies. I continued my hunt for Relicanth but ended up finding another Clawitzer, this time male so I'll be keeping him :)

Relicanth, however, has remained elusive and is essentially becoming my Moby Dick. I'll be getting back to hunting for him probably tomorrow, maybe later tonight.

Good luck everyone!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys! Don't know if you all remember me but I'm back lol! Thanks to my lack of motivation, job and just life in general, I've been doing a lot of on and off (mostly off lol) hunting.

So yeah, I guess I'll update you all :] My last post was like.. 4 or 5 months ago I think? and I was hunting in Mt. Pyre for my Omega Ruby badge quest; aka the most annoying badge quest ever, with every shiny, sans Skarmory going over odds >.<. After like, 9k encounters in Mt. Pyre I just decided to say screw it and use the dex nav. Mentally, I was SO over this badge quest and just wanted it to end already lol. So after 9k encounters and some dex nav encounters shiny Duskull appeared! (I was actually going for Shuppet but this is nice too!)

So that was 7 shinies down on this annoying badge quest, only one more to go! I decided I wanted to end this quest with a full odds shiny and thought, no way I would get another 2x over odds shiny.. Welp, I was wrong. After ~10.1k (-.-) encounters shiny Sealeo appeared!

I was so scared that I was going to get Golbat but thankfully that didn't happen. So this annoying badge quest ended on a high note at least. After beating the elite four I quickly discarded that cursed omega ruby back into its box never to see the light of day again.

So after that I wanted to put focus back on my Rotom hunt. I first began SRing it via Lost Hotel in April but never really put any real effort into it. With my badge quest out of the way, I started to give it a real shot. But oh boy, this hunt was such a struggle. First of all, you don't even get Rotom on every SR, you end up with random items a good amount of time so that slowed things down. Also, Rotom only appears on Tuesdays but that wasn't so bad since I found out that if I keep my 3DS set on Tuesday, I can hunt it as much as I want. The problem was, is that I have HORRIBLE memory lol and I would let the day rollover and I would have to wait 24 hours till Rotom appeared again. Lets just say I made this mistake numerous times lmao. Somewhere down the line I decided that, on the occasion of when I forget to set my time back I would MM something in the meantime until Rotom appeared again. Which brings us to my next shiny!

Yep, this shiny Oddish hatched after... around 200 eggs I think? I didn't really keep count, but it didn't take long at all. Seeing this shiny felt awkward since I haven't had a quick hunt in forever and also I couldn't help feeling that that could of been Rotom! But I was happy overall lol. He has outstanding potential and 31/31/31/x/31/x IVs wished speed didn't get left out but he'll be outspeeding mostly everything in the sun anyways. I'll be evolving him into Bellosom btw <3.

So, back to Rotom. I was doing good with remembering to keep the day set on Tuesday, but of course I eventually forgot to do it one day >.< I then decided to start MMing Growlithe but nothing came from it. Like I said, this hunt was pretty annoying but unlike my omega ruby badge quest, it just made me more motivated. I wanted to see that red! However, I couldn't believe it was taking this long. I was starting to think all the tampering with the date/time settings were messing with my odds but that was just typical shiny drought paranoia, because today, finally after 20k+ SRs shiny Rotom shone itself!

YASSSSS!@@ I haven't been this hyped for a shiny in awhile and it kinda gave me that spark (ha!) back I needed to get back into hunting. My timid sync worked and it ended up with a max SpA IV! Sooo happy this hunt is finally over and I can get started on some new hunts. I really wanna get back to hunting 1/8192 shinies again so that's what I'll probably be focusing on for awhile. I'm thinking of doing a Platinum badge quest and going back to the Safari Zone.. Oh, and I never did finish that Articuno hunt lol I'll probably get started on that too.

Well, that should be everything! Gratz on all the shinies I've missed these past few months and good luck everyone! :]

Last edited:

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
i agree @Supremacy. OR badgequests suck. im sat here with 1021 eggs 2222 mystery hunt eggs total and this lil poop-piece aint sparklin.
this is most saddening. and ive no time left to hunt. no desire either. :( im going on a hiatus. once the hw is done i'll consider picking i up again. i bet pokemon Z will come and go before i finish this bq. more like BI for bad idea -_- many ragrets.

sigh...... i thought gen 6 odds woud be kinder. looks like my onix hunt has a contender. were only a little under 1234 eggs total i think till record break?
poop on this bq. poop on mm poop on shinies :'(

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Cyberra on Skarmory, Foongus, Unown ?, Eevee, Manectric x4, and Heracross, Thibideau on Horsea, PrismaticPrincessAnna on Sableye, darkpaladin2015 on Latias and Ho-Oh, camhines4 on Electabuzz, Venomoth, Ralts x3, Banette, and Primeape, Azulart on Honedge, Zubat, and Ferroseed, Draknir on Sewaddle x2, Creyk on Murkrow, Ambri on Zubat and Magikarp, Paraqua on Elekid x2, Aron, Sableye, and Klefki, TheMaster327 on Miltank, stardog-champ on Wailmer, taufik386 on Registeel, Goomy, Zorua, Trubbish, Phantump, Togepi, Fennekin, and Lickitung, Marsalevsky on Absol and Cobalion, SkyMew on Amaura, Keovix on Uxie, Azelf, Cobalion, Kyurem, and Reshiram, communist on Corsola, Octillery, and Clawitzer x2, wobbanut on Klefki, Psychic on Glameow, Laurelai on Azelf and Tympole, Aesnath on Regirock, ebevan91 on Ducklett, kirkeastment on Golett, Supremacy on Duskull, Sealeo, Oddish, and Rotom (and completing your BQ), and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to darkpaladin2015 for the congrats!

Remember last week when I said I'd get more time to hunt because my midterms were over? Yeah, that didn't quite work out as much as I wanted... still got a little bit of progress made though. First and foremost, Lugia is over odds now at 8400 SRs; my other hunts stand at 6800 REs on Route 114 (also well over the 6th gen odds), 300 REs in the Winding Woods/Route 20, and 500 REs in Mistralton Cave. Ok Lugia and Swablu you can show up now. >_<

@ Supremacy and TheShinyLunatone, I feel your pain about Gen 6 BQs... My OR BQ started off well with 2 quick shinies, but then Aron and now Route 114 both went over 1.5x the odds, and all my Y BQ hunts (aside from the most recent two shinies) have been long, with three of them going over odds and one hitting almost twice the odds. Overall, I seem to have more luck in my 4th and 5th gen BQs than my 6th gen ones. : P We all just gotta keep plugging along though, can't let those shinies outwit us. XD

Anyway, I hope to do some more hunting over the weekend but we'll see if that actually pans out. In the meantime, good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially Keane, Cpchris, and TheShinyLunatone!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
i agree @Supremacy. OR badgequests suck. im sat here with 1021 eggs 2222 mystery hunt eggs total and this lil poop-piece aint sparklin.
this is most saddening. and ive no time left to hunt. no desire either. :( im going on a hiatus. once the hw is done i'll consider picking i up again. i bet pokemon Z will come and go before i finish this bq. more like BI for bad idea -_- many regrets.

sigh...... i thought gen 6 odds would be kinder. looks like my onix hunt has a contender. were only a little under 1234 eggs total i think till record break?

Don't give up! Even with the Gen 6 odds when I SRed for ledyba in the berry field on Route 7 in Y, it took me almost 28,000 resets to find it. When I bred yanma it took 2,579 eggs to finally hatch, and my very next MM hunt, for shiny snover, went to almost 2,800 eggs. Those shinies can't hide from you forever.

I'm still running around that electric safari looking for a chocolate dedenne, and instead, after 3,098 REs, I have found my third shiny pikachu. Another female, careful nature and capable of taking hits, with Static. Going to send her into wonder trade.

Shiny alphabet hunt is at 2,700 REs. Heracross #2 is at 1,050 eggs.

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: Marsalevsky on Absol and Cobalion, Cyberra on Manectric x4, Pikachu x2 and Heracross, Paraqua on Sableye and Klefki, SkyMew on Amaura, taufik386 on Lickitung, Phantump, Togepi and Fennekin, camhines4 on Primeape, Azulart on Zubat and Ferroseed (such an awesome shiny... now I have a gen 5 game I must go for it at some points), Keovix on Uxie, Azelf, Cobalion, Kyurem and Reshiram, communist on Clawitzer x2, Corsola and Octillery, Smobble on the 6 Cyndaquils (about time you got a female!), Psychic on Glameow, Laurelai on Azelf and Tympole, Aesnath on Regirock, ebevan91 on Ducklett, kirkeastment on Golett, Supremacy on Duskull, Sealeo, Oddish, Rotom and finally for completing your BQ (and welcome back!), and to anyone else I missed!

Thanks for the luck, Aesnath and Crimson Penguin!

this is most saddening. and ive no time left to hunt. no desire either. :( im going on a hiatus. once the hw is done i'll consider picking i up again. i bet pokemon Z will come and go before i finish this bq. more like BI for bad idea -_- many ragrets.

sigh...... i thought gen 6 odds woud be kinder. looks like my onix hunt has a contender. were only a little under 1234 eggs total i think till record break?

Don't lose hope! As I'm going through and typing up congratulations from when I last posted you've hatched a good few number of eggs, just remember that if you keep it up you WILL find your shiny, because the only way you'll never find it is by giving up. I'm still halfway through my Diamond BQ but I had a 10 phase 60k+ RE hunt for Murkrow and then I finished up my 19k Cranidos SR on it and trust me, when you've been after something for so long, it feels so good to finally have it!

Anyway, I'm now at 10,900 REs in Valley Windworks (I'm actually so surprised at how slower biking and encounters are in this game compared to W2) and 4000 REs in Castelia Park. I haven't had a chance to sit at my desk and dual hunt at Mt. Coronet, but that kind of a side hunt in comparison to these two, but it also means that I'm nearly 17k REs shiny-less. Really hoping I'll get something soon, especially in the VW because of the longer encounter times!

Good luck everybody, especially CpChris, Razorbadger, TheShinyLunatone and Crimson Penguin!

communist

Guys it happened! My shiny Relicanth came and it is as beautiful as I thought he would be haha. I've named him Moby, I figured it was fitting.

Good luck everyone, don't give up!

SkyMew

I can't believe it.

I wanted to show my Shiny Zorua to someone in my Pokémon Y-version, who had seen me trying to hatch a one earlier.

She asked me to show if I could battle with it.

I mentioned her that a Shiny could appear even there... And just when I had said it, a Shiny female Croagunk appears in Route 7.

I caught it into a Quick Ball.

Its stats are decent, the greatest potential being its Defense stat, but with a bad speed.

The luck, though. I wasn't expecting this Shiny at all.

TheMaster327

711 eggs and finally a greeny ghost turns up!

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTOr9LxWwAA6kLe.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTOr9RvW4AMH7EX.jpg[/img139]

It's Timid (Everstone), with nice Egg moves and IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/2,3.

But that's not all! When hatching the rest of my eggs, 22 eggs later, this happened.

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTOsG-2WoAAJZKX.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTOsHEoXIAESqiS.jpg[/img139]

A second one! This one's IVs are 31/31/31/30/31/31.

EDIT: Worked out the exact IVs of both Misdreavus. Turns out the 2nd one is near perfect! Also, the poll for my next MM is up, if you'd like to take a look...

EDIT2: Poll now closed. After a tight vote, next MM will be Trapinch!

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Siiiiiiiiiiiigh... 3,311 encounters in the electric safari have yielded a fourth shiny pikachu. Like all the others, its female. She's timid and takes plenty of siestas, has Static (I have yet to find a single shiny pikachu with its HA), and she's holding a light ball. I'll keep the light ball but trade off the shiny. She's got a good nature for a raichu, but apparently the wrong ability.

I was not hunting today, so the shiny alphabet is still at 2,700 REs. Heracross #2 is at 1,190 eggs.

Edit: And finally!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/604_zpstv1adq1p.jpg[/img139]

After 3,357 REs, four manectric and four pikachu, I at last find a chocolate dedenne. He's timid and capable of taking hits, with PickUp. According to the IV judge he has perfect DEF and Speed, but his HP and SpATK suck. Oh well. If I ever decide I want a better one I'll breed the annoying thing.

Next FS hunt will be fire, after ninetales and pansear.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
CH news

......well, I'm supposed to make this post this morning, but I can only make this post this night because turns out this morning I have to go to church earlier than I expected, and then after that comes the weekly family shopping.

So, turns out after I made that post stating there's still a tie, there is another vote for the bird hunt CH, breaking the tie and making it one vote ahead.

That means this month's CH is the bird shinies hunt one :)

The eligible Pokemon, as suggested by the person with the idea:

the pidgey line, spearow and fearow, farfetch'd, doduo and dodrio, hoothoot and noctowl, natu and xatu, murkrow and honchkrow, skarmory, taillow and swellow, wingull and pelliper, swablu and altaria, the starly line, chatot, the pidove line, archen and archeops, ducklett and swanna, rufflet and braviary, vullaby and mandibuzz, delibird, psyduck and golduck, the torchic line, the piplup line, the legendary Kanto trio, the fletchling line

I'll edit the first post with this :)

Jack5326

It has been a long, long hunt for a Shiny Teddiursa, not because of the amount of eggs, but because of my personal life being pretty busy. Work conferences, seeing friends and having a lack of desire to complete the MM hunt all made my latest hunt take a while. BUT IT ENDED TODAY!

After 458 eggs (my longest MM ever - and I know that's still quite lucky), a Male hatched! The IVs sadly aren't the best 0-2/31/31/X/31/31 but he is still cute as! Four egg moves: Counter/Close Combat/Crunch/Play Rough and he is in a Friend Ball to match the colouring! He will have the Guts ability as an Ursaring but I can always use the Ability Capsule. What do you guys think would be the best ability?

photo (1).jpg

I still have 35 eggs to hatch so I'm hoping for another - fingers crossed!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I did 100+ horde encounters these past two days, but I found no Shinies in Y version. Even consecutive fishing has failed me this weekend and I've been hatching Wooper eggs and doing SRs for Shiny Sudowoodo mostly all day. Anyway, good luck to CpChris, Keane, and Crimson Penguin.