• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
first off, a HUGE SHOUTOUT TO cyberra, keanne, and crimson penguinn your encouragement is greatly appreciated and indeed, i am not giving up. though my father has surpassed me in OR since he is not doing a BQ. i've not quit.

hatched 125 eggs yetserday. not time enough today. already waaaay behind on hw
last night i had a dream that i was lost in a desert, and i found a walmart, but the walmart did not sell any video games and was small, like a gass station. i wandered away from the walmart and landed myself in a strange cavern where i found myself in a battle with the very target of my masuda hunt....but my eyes wre blurry in the dream. it kept switching between shiny and non shiny colours...

the wierdest part is the pokemon im hunting is not found in caves as far as i know....
it was also playing with me, like the mew in emerald does.

1246/2347 eggs total and still nada. though the i have gotten a few shinies by wonertrading the breedjects.

wiiieerrrddd.
what kind of walmart doesn't sell video games?!

congrats on all recent shinies and good luck everyone

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
It has been a long, long hunt for a Shiny Teddiursa, not because of the amount of eggs, but because of my personal life being pretty busy. Work conferences, seeing friends and having a lack of desire to complete the MM hunt all made my latest hunt take a while. BUT IT ENDED TODAY!

After 458 eggs (my longest MM ever - and I know that's still quite lucky), a Male hatched! The IVs sadly aren't the best 0-2/31/31/X/31/31 but he is still cute as! Four egg moves: Counter/Close Combat/Crunch/Play Rough and he is in a Friend Ball to match the colouring! He will have the Guts ability as an Ursaring but I can always use the Ability Capsule. What do you guys think would be the best ability?

View attachment 15047

I still have 35 eggs to hatch so I'm hoping for another - fingers crossed!

Congrants ! I would go for Guts, especially if its adamant nature.. If its jolly then quick feet is the better option imo cuz then he will be able to outspend some important targets which Adamant couldn't.
Sorry can't recall the speed tiers but I remember reading that in smogon.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku

I have currently been on a Shiny Johto Pokemon kick, already have Misdreavus, Gligar, Murkrow, and recently got Lugia

Now I'm attempting to get Shiny Johto starters (started with Chikorita) and am at 12 1/2 boxes and nothing xD

Last edited:

Phillies

Congratulations to everyone on your recent shinies.

I have recently caught the following: Ledyba, Illumise, 3 Ponyta, Vivillon, Sawk, Skarmory, Foongus & Roselia

Good luck to everyone on there current and future huns.

communist

Congrats to everyone on all their shinies! Looks like everyone is getting some cool stuff.

I've decided to hunt in the friend safari for the first time. I'll be looking for either a ponyta or a larvesta. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Hey guys! Don't know if you all remember me but I'm back lol! Thanks to my lack of motivation, job and just life in general, I've been doing a lot of on and off (mostly off lol) hunting.

So yeah, I guess I'll update you all :] My last post was like.. 4 or 5 months ago I think? and I was hunting in Mt. Pyre for my Omega Ruby badge quest; aka the most annoying badge quest ever, with every shiny, sans Skarmory going over odds >.<. After like, 9k encounters in Mt. Pyre I just decided to say screw it and use the dex nav. Mentally, I was SO over this badge quest and just wanted it to end already lol. So after 9k encounters and some dex nav encounters shiny Duskull appeared! (I was actually going for Shuppet but this is nice too!)

So that was 7 shinies down on this annoying badge quest, only one more to go! I decided I wanted to end this quest with a full odds shiny and thought, no way I would get another 2x over odds shiny.. Welp, I was wrong. After ~10.1k (-.-) encounters shiny Sealeo appeared!

I was so scared that I was going to get Golbat but thankfully that didn't happen. So this annoying badge quest ended on a high note at least. After beating the elite four I quickly discarded that cursed omega ruby back into its box never to see the light of day again.

So after that I wanted to put focus back on my Rotom hunt. I first began SRing it via Lost Hotel in April but never really put any real effort into it. With my badge quest out of the way, I started to give it a real shot. But oh boy, this hunt was such a struggle. First of all, you don't even get Rotom on every SR, you end up with random items a good amount of time so that slowed things down. Also, Rotom only appears on Tuesdays but that wasn't so bad since I found out that if I keep my 3DS set on Tuesday, I can hunt it as much as I want. The problem was, is that I have HORRIBLE memory lol and I would let the day rollover and I would have to wait 24 hours till Rotom appeared again. Lets just say I made this mistake numerous times lmao. Somewhere down the line I decided that, on the occasion of when I forget to set my time back I would MM something in the meantime until Rotom appeared again. Which brings us to my next shiny!

Yep, this shiny Oddish hatched after... around 200 eggs I think? I didn't really keep count, but it didn't take long at all. Seeing this shiny felt awkward since I haven't had a quick hunt in forever and also I couldn't help feeling that that could of been Rotom! But I was happy overall lol. He has outstanding potential and 31/31/31/x/31/x IVs wished speed didn't get left out but he'll be outspeeding mostly everything in the sun anyways. I'll be evolving him into Bellosom btw <3.

So, back to Rotom. I was doing good with remembering to keep the day set on Tuesday, but of course I eventually forgot to do it one day >.< I then decided to start MMing Growlithe but nothing came from it. Like I said, this hunt was pretty annoying but unlike my omega ruby badge quest, it just made me more motivated. I wanted to see that red! However, I couldn't believe it was taking this long. I was starting to think all the tampering with the date/time settings were messing with my odds but that was just typical shiny drought paranoia, because today, finally after 20k+ SRs shiny Rotom shone itself!

YASSSSS!@@ I haven't been this hyped for a shiny in awhile and it kinda gave me that spark (ha!) back I needed to get back into hunting. My timid sync worked and it ended up with a max SpA IV! Sooo happy this hunt is finally over and I can get started on some new hunts. I really wanna get back to hunting 1/8192 shinies again so that's what I'll probably be focusing on for awhile. I'm thinking of doing a Platinum badge quest and going back to the Safari Zone.. Oh, and I never did finish that Articuno hunt lol I'll probably get started on that too.

Well, that should be everything! Gratz on all the shinies I've missed these past few months and good luck everyone! :]

Popping in to wish you a humongous congratulations, and a warm welcome back to the thread! Glad that you seem to have the spark to hunt again, here's to a fresh batch of your shinies.

I really should pick my hunts back up, despite everything being hectic.

Congrats on the shinies and good luck to you all (Keane, cpchris, Crimson Penguin, Supremacy to name a few!).

TheMaster327

I chained a second blue cow tonight, but I forgot to switch my Jolly Sync to the lead spot so it ended up Quiet. IVs: 31 / 28 - 31 / 22 - 25 / 5, 7 / 25, 27 / 20 - 27. So at least it's better than the other one in Attack terms. Just a shame the -Speed could've been avoided...

I picked up Platinum and did 25 SRs for Arti as well tonight, so that's now at 225 SRs.

Ascended Dialga

In Alpha Sapphire today, I was on a Mirage Island hunting for HA Pokémon when a shiny Xatu appeared!!!

Caught it in a Dusk Ball, Adamant nature, IV of 31 in Attack.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After 1,506 eggs, the heracross #2 hunt has finally ended. The second heracross turned out identical to the first... Female, adamant nature (everstone), Guts ability, IV spread 31/31/31/xx/31/31. Clone shiny heracross. Huh.

I have begun breeding zigzagoon, not aiming for any particular nature or IV spread. Just looking for an orange one.

Shiny alphabet hunt is at 3,100 REs. Zigzagoon is at 30 eggs.

Edit: After 742 REs in the fire safari, one of my two targets has shone.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/613_zpsmshtovcf.jpg[/img139]

Pansear is bashful and alert to sounds, and he has his HA, Blaze. If Google Translate is to be believed, his name is German for "monkey". I'll confirm with my German friend when she's online.

Will be staying in this safari and trying for ninetales. Hopefully the kitsune won't take as long as dedenne did (and I probably jinxed myself by saying that...)

Last edited:

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
VICTORY!!

after 1311/ 2512 eggs total my 5th BQ target and first succesful MM with my new games is complete.
I named her after a dear friend of mine on here <3 so what is it?

[img139]http://s24.postimg.org/iumecq5ad/2rsa.jpg[/img139]
has its HA and everything!! no idea what its ivs are yet, clearly i am a baby with 4 badges, i can't even surf, let alone visit the noble battle resort XD
i do plan to evolve her no further than porygon2, so i thought 2rsa fit nicely!

im pretty happy :D

Last edited:

taufik386

I got shiny regigigas today from my OR, after 782 SRs in total. This is my last legendary, at least for now.
i mean, i already got every legends in AS except the regis, and i hunt for the regis in my OR instead.

[img139]http://s4.postimg.org/bafm5mw4t/P_20151110_174143_1_p_1_1.jpg[/img139]

After i got the regi master, i continue my masuda hunt for patrat, and i got it after 77 eggs.
[img139]http://s10.postimg.org/41b07gkl5/P_20151110_214227_1_p_1.jpg[/img139]

congrats everyones on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting.

Last edited:

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I was just checking this thread, thinking how good the other people's luck is and as soon as I put in my X version and enter my newest Dragon safari, on the third encounter I pull out a Shiny Fraxure!! I would include a picture but this new laptop doesn't want to open my SD card where the pictures are. He's Adamant with Mold Breaker ability. Not the HA but he's blue and shiny!! I totally was not expecting to get one so soon.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Cyberra on Pikachu x2, Dedenne, Heracross, and Pansear, communist on Relicanth, SkyMew on Croagunk, TheMaster327 on Misdreavus x2 and Miltank, Jack5326 on Teddiursa, Super Saiyan 3 Goku on Misdreavus, Gligar, Murkrow, and Lugia, Phillies on Ledyba, Illumise, Ponyta x3, Vivillon, Sawk, Skarmory, Foongus, and Roselia, RoarOfTime91 on Xatu, TheShinyLunatone on Porygon, taufik386 on Regigigas and Patrat, Vale_Star on Fraxure, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to Keane, Lorde, and AquaRegisteel for the luck!

So, what was I saying about my 5th gen BQs being luckier than my 6th gen ones? XD Last night I found a shiny Axew in White 2 after a mere 602 REs!

I didn't have a whole lot of time to hunt last night, so I decided to get a few quick REs done in Mistralton Cave before I went to bed. I never imagined how quick it would be, though - Axew showed up on the 2nd encounter of the night! And to think my last shiny on this file (Braviary) appeared on the 3rd reset of the day... this White 2 is just insane, with all 5 of my hunts being well under half odds. Anyway, Axew was named Xena, and she has a Relaxed nature with the Mold Breaker ability. My first four shinies on this BQ were all male, so it's nice to have a female for once. XD She'll be a fearsome Haxorus for sure!

My next BQ target will be Volcarona - a shiny I've wanted for a long time. Meanwhile, my over-odds targets continue to elude me. Lugia is at 8600 SRs, Route 114 is at 7500 REs, and Winding Woods is at just 400 REs. White 2, you're really cool and all but could you send some luck to SoulSilver and Omega Ruby? XD

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially Keane, Lorde, and anyone else who needs it!

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
Wow, it's been a while since my last shiny! Blanket congrats to everyone who's caught one since!

I've been practicing chaining Caterpie and Zigzagoon, but nothing has shined, understandably, since I'm terrible at it. With such a long drought, I decided to spend some time trying to fish up that shiny Shellder I've been wanting- only to realize I only had my OR with me.

So instead, I caught two different fish shinies, a lovely female Barboach, Brunhilde, and a female Corphish, West-mar! Brunhilde just sounded nice, while West-mar is the name of a summer camp I went to years ago where we always hunted crayfish in the creek, which seem to be what Corphish is based on.

Best of luck to everyone on their hunts, especially Crimson Penguin and Lorde!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After 450 eggs exactly, I find this bugger looking back at me.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/616_zpsckky3g8v.jpg[/img139]

I was not intending to breed for any specific nature, but I noticed pretty quickly that most of the females were hatching Adamant while the males were hatching with every other nature possible. According to Smogon, Adamant is a good nature for linoone. The first adamant female I bothered to stat-check was a perfect 5IV. Hint taken, game. I slapped an everstone on her and got to work, so Ziggy here is adamant nature and somewhat vain, with PickUp. Gonna go evolve him.

Next MM will be zorua, than I'm gonna see about re-breeding tyrunt and amaura since when I did it the first time I had no idea about natures or IVs. What nature would work best for tyrantrum: jolly or adamant?

Shiny alphabet hunt is at 3,700 REs

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats on all the recent shinies

Well my current Masuda method hunt doesn't go so well. My current target is Anorith but after 900 eggs it still won't shine, which I find odd considering that most of my recent Masuda method shinies were all within 300 eggs or less. I hope I didn't mess up
the set up for this Masuda Method breeding program.

Good luck to all future shinies

TheMaster327

In the early hours of this morning, I chained my third blue cow. This time I remembered to switch my Sync to the lead, so it's Jolly, with IVs: 3, 5 / 1, 3 / 31 / 21 - 27 / 25, 27 / 21, 23.

Phillies

I just had an amazing bit of luck. After spending all week hunting in my friend safari I decided today that I wanted to hunt for a shiny Honedge. So I flew Route 6 to hunt. Within 15 minutes I caught my Honedge. What are the odds it would happen that fast.

Make that really amazing luck as a just found another one.

Last edited:

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
Thought I'd give Shiny Hunting a proper go in Gen 6 after catching a Shiny Pansage in a Friend Safari after only 3 encounters (was just checking what the 3 Pokémon were, and it shone unexpectedly).

So I sought out a Fire type Safari, as they seem to have some of the coolest-looking Shinies, and started hunting. After a mere 66 encounters, I got a Shiny Charmeleon!

Species: Charmeleon
Nature: Jolly (go Synchronise Musharna!)
IVs: x/31/x/x/x/31
Ability: Blaze
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about

I'm thinking I might evolve it and EV train it. I couldn't really have asked for a better combination of the max IVs :-D

EDIT: 13 encounters later, and ANOTHER Shiny Charmeleon appears!

Nature: Jolly (go Synchronise Musharna!)
IVs: 31/x/31/x/x/x
Ability: Solar Power
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits

EDIT: 124 encounters later, and a THIRD Shiny Charmeleon appeared!

Nature: Sassy
IVs: 31/x/31/x/x/x
Ability: Blaze
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about

This Friend Safari also has Braixen and Ponyta, so kind of hoping the next Shiny (if any) will be one of those two instead.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just finished doing 70 or so more horde encounters on Y version, but still no luck finding a Shiny on Route 12. I did some chain fishing on Alpha Sapphire for 30 minutes last night as well, but no Shiny got hooked either. Imma work on my Shiny Wooper Masuda Method hunt this evening instead.