• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

TheMaster327

Umm... 77 eggs is all this took.

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTygSvVWoAErugW.jpg[/img139]

Was fortunate to get an Adamant parent. This was technically the first egg after I swapped in the Adamant parent. It's IVs are 2, 3 / 2, 3 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 - Horrible, but I should be able to work something out with Hone Claws or something. The poll for my next MM is now up, so, take a look and vote! I see this one being a fairly close vote!

EDIT: Poll closed now, next MM will be Hawlucha! Wish me luck!

Last edited:

SheroGH

Hi, I kinda new here (post once or twice before)
Wow!! I didn't think this day would come... but finally, after 1845 SRs, Torchic decided to shine on my japanese Sapphire!! (the only one with working battery)

torchic.jpg

Now I can finish the game and hunt Kyogre!

Congrats to all recent shinys and good luck to everyone!!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just got done hatching 40 or so more Wooper Eggs for my MM hunt, which took longer than I anticipated; I've hatched close to 300 in total so far. Anyway, I've stopped doing horde encounters for now and I'm doing more chain fishing instead. Btw, good luck to Razorbadger and Crimson Penguin and congrats to Cyberra on his daily Shinies.

taufik386

just hatched shiny paras after 329 eggs
with 5IV (missing in sp. def), adamant nature and dry skin ability

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20151115_044356_p_1-800x480.jpg[/img139]

congrats for everyones on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
welp. my life is lucky
chain of 11, probably the 45th of the day ( i am awful at this method)
here he is,
props to anyone who gets the nickkname :p

[img139]http://s2.postimg.org/dfw0jddmx/eiffel_65.jpg[/img139]

while i'm here, congrats to cyberra on zorua and kangaskan an unkown A (if her attc iv is over 20, keep her. if not keep going is my vote) cpchris on horsea, themaster327 on pinsir and trapinch ( i have one two so pretty <3 PrismaticPrincessAnna on virizon and sableye h20gon on chinchou. taufik on paras

good luck to those hunting!!

question, since this is an ORAS BQ, do i have to catch a shiny AFTER i beat the e4 for the delta episode.?
....(please say hell nah)

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
I am so unlucky... third shiny Sableye >.>
[IMG139]http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee439/PPLyra/tmh_zpsbf5i2hye.jpg[/IMG139]

BUT--

not even 20 mins of a diff Safari, I encountered a shiny Pansage OMG
[IMG139]http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee439/PPLyra/m_zpsvbzyfgll.jpg[/IMG139]

This fella is in mah hunting list too XD

edit: 2 hours later. This flower appeared
[IMG139]http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee439/PPLyra/fg_zpsvei5svu3.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:
[img139]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/BirdConure/Mobile%20Uploads/20151114_190403_zpsfvuoumzp.jpg[/img139]

I got my ghost pokemon :D! I got the first one with a dexnav search total of around 600 ish but my sync failed. I don't expect good ivs when dexnaving for shinies but I'd at least like my sync nature or at least a neutral nature. So about another 100 encounters later I find a second one and the sync works this time ^_^!! I'm going to evolve it and transfer it to my new file on my Y cartridge to be part of my in game team. Next I think I'll dexnav a shiny shroomish and snatch some big mushrooms in the process :).

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
congrats to Cyberra on his daily Shinies.

^_^ Thank you. And I'm actually a she XD;;;

props to anyone who gets the nickkname :p

while i'm here, congrats to cyberra on zorua and kangaskan an unkown A (if her attc iv is over 20, keep her. if not keep going is my vote)

XD I know that band! I have plenty of their music on my computer. And honestly I have no idea how to calculate precise IVs, so I've never bothered. I trained my shiny kangaskhan and have been wreaking havoc at the battle maison with her (though I keep losing at battle #23... My team's very unbalanced).

And on that subject...

I have a suspicion that double hunting with my DS lite next to my 3DS is causing my shiny charm to have a bit of an area effect, or for its influence to transfer over to my Gen IV game. Because after only 974 REs into my Unown-F hunt...

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/630_zpstraxotdx.jpg[/img139]

...it shines. Unown-F is careful nature and has a sturdy body, with Levitate. I've moved back into one of the smaller side chambers and am looking for another random letter.

Amaura is at 390 eggs.

Edit: After 1,626 REs in the second phase of the hunt for shiny ninetales, I got a second pansear. Male, naive, alert to sounds, and has Gluttony. Gonna send him into wonder trade.

Edit #2: Only 130 REs after that second pansear, 1,756 REs total, a silver kitsune bounds out of the grass to confront me.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/638_zpsicomghaf.jpg[/img139]

He's mild-natured and takes plenty of siestas, with his HA, Drought. I named him after the Shinto god of rice, to whom kitsunes and foxes have always served as messengers, and who has been himself depicted as a fox. It seemed appropriate to me.

Next FS hunt will be in a string of bug safaris, after volbeat, masquerain, and beautifly.

Last edited:

communist

Man that ninetails is a great catch! Absolutely one of my favorite shinies

Last edited:

NitroLightningFlash

Congrats to TheMaster327 on Trapinch and Pinsir, PrismaticPrincessAnna on Virizion, Pawniard (x2) and Sableye (x3) that's such bad luck hope you get Sneasel soon, Pansage and Ivysaur, HM02gon on Chinchou (love your name by the way, really clever xD), SheroGH on Torchic, taufik386 on Paras, TheShinyLunatone on Wailmer (i get the nickname :p), Birds of Paradise on Phantump and Cyberra on Unown and Ninetales!

Managed to hatch another 60 eggs for Buneary yesterday, bringing total eggs hatched to 370, and i plan on collecting more today-BUT i'm thinking that instead of collecting the eggs, getting however many boxes worth of them, that i should just soft reset when the Daycare gives me an egg, just so i don't have to release boxes of Buneary at a time. Is it more easier that way?

Or maybe i should do a whole box worth and then soft reset haha. I don't know which is best, but i think i'll start just soft resetting after 30 eggs (a box) worth each time (makes sense to be honest anyway, since Fennekin, Deerling and Larvesta all appeared in Box 1, so i'm assuming that's the 'lucky box' for me) at first and see how it goes, if it doesn't work, i'll soft reset after every 5 eggs xD

Which ever way i do it, i hope i get Buneary by 29th November, since that's when my friends birthday is

Good luck on all hunts! ^^

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys, another shiny report to add !

[img139]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y354/AzolRaimT/Schermafbeelding%202015-11-15%20om%2011.12.34.png[/img139]

Egg count: 116
Pokeball: Premier Ball
Nature: Sassy
Abillity: Effect Spore (Was aiming for Regenerator..
IV's: 31/x/31/30/31/0 (Perfect IV spread <3)

Good luck fellow hunters !

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: Cyberra on Unown A and F, Pansear and Ninetales, TheShinyLunatone on Latias and Wailmer, TheMaster327 on Pinsir and Trapinch, PPA on Sableye x3, Pawniard x2, Virizion, Pansage and Ivysaur, HM02gon on Chinchou, SheroGH on Torchic, taufik386 on Paras, Birds Of Paradise on Phantump, Azulart on Foongus and to anyone else I missed!

I watch a lot of shiny hunting vids on mute for this reason. In some cases I can't stand their voices in general; most of the time it's because the bellowing is extremely irritating and pointless. With female youtubers their voices occasionally reach pitches that actually hurt my ears (I can't watch The Shiny Twins with the volume on b/c they occasionally reach dog whistle pitches).

I also struggle with the high voice pitches and the 'so CUTE' cries etc. so I often try and avoid them, it doesn't bother me in moderation, I just couldn't sit and watch someone with a high voice hunting for more than a couple videos in a row. Fake reactions don't bug me, I find them pretty hilarious - the more overblown the funnier.

Managed to hatch another 60 eggs for Buneary yesterday, bringing total eggs hatched to 370, and i plan on collecting more today-BUT i'm thinking that instead of collecting the eggs, getting however many boxes worth of them, that i should just soft reset when the Daycare gives me an egg, just so i don't have to release boxes of Buneary at a time. Is it more easier that way?

Or maybe i should do a whole box worth and then soft reset haha. I don't know which is best, but i think i'll start just soft resetting after 30 eggs (a box) worth each time (makes sense to be honest anyway, since Fennekin, Deerling and Larvesta all appeared in Box 1, so i'm assuming that's the 'lucky box' for me) at first and see how it goes, if it doesn't work, i'll soft reset after every 5 eggs xD

I never got along with the SR method - I found it was slower than just boxing and hatching later, but also hated releasing boxes and boxes at a time, but I found that boxing eggs up - let's say 3 boxes, so 90 eggs - writing that down somewhere, then whenever you come back to the PC after 5 eggs have hatched to deposit the 5 Bunearys, instead of depositing them, release them from your party there instead. Much cleaner as you're basically releasing as you hatch, rather than boxing them up to later be mass released.

I'm now at 11,500 REs in Valley Windworks, 10,200 REs in Castelia Park and 2,500 in Mt Coronet for my Diamond BQ. I have a full day today so I'm hoping to really work on my White 2 Castelia Park hunt and should get a lot done as the encounters are extremely fast in double grass - I think the fastest 100 REs so far only took me about 15 minutes since the game kept throwing me double battles, but the average time for 100 REs in that game is only about 25 minutes.

Good luck everybody, especially CpChris, Razorbadger and Crimson Penguin!

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Dang ! After like 3 eggs right after fungus my shiny target hatches !

[img139]http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/760225/225/127/img_2666_display.jpg[/img139]

Ball: Safari ball (Fits Shiny scizor so well :D)
Nature: Adamant
Abillity: Technician
IV's: 31/31/28/x/31/31 ( 28 doesn't matter for me, was meant to use it in doubles anyway and gladly it has 31 Sp.def :)
- Feint
- Baton Pass

Good luck fellow hunters !
Idk what my next hunt should be.. I'm thinking of either Goomy or Timburr.

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to Azulart on Scyther!

...yeah, I don't want to post twice with 6 hours between this and my last post, but I have (really good) shiny news!
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/R2iKo56.png[/img139]
After 11,078 REs, this girl appeared in Castelia Park on my White 2 version! I was encountering in double grass and counting the Pokemon, and the number shown on the back of my trainer card for encounters is very close to odds - something like 8153? This was my exact target for the area, and at only 15% I was worried I'd get a Petilil or a Pidove which would impede later hunts in other areas, so I'm overjoyed I managed to find her!

Apologies for the battle photo quality - my phone camera lens needed a wipe and I didn't realise until I'd caught her and got to her status screen. Battle was crazy long for a 255 catch rate pokemon - she ate through a good 15 pokeballs before I managed to catch her at half health - I ended up not being able to put her to sleep because my Watchog itself got put to sleep and was also infatuated so I couldn't get Hypnosis to land.
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/RwzSLmf.png[/img139]
Nature is Quiet, which sucks for a Delcatty as it lowers speed and raises Sp. Attack, however her IVs are significantly better in those two stats than any others it seems, the median spread being 3 - 1 - 1 - 20 - 8 - 28, so I think I'll give her EVs in both those stats and try and give her status and normal special attacks, since her ability is normalize. Now I need to work out where to hunt next, but I probably should play more of the game first.

Good luck everybody!

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Archsage on Barboach and Corphish, Cyberra on Zigzagoon, Zorua, Kangaskhan, Unown A, Unown F, Pansear, and Ninetales, TheMaster327 on Miltank, Pinsir, and Trapinch, Phillies on Honedge x2, the ash man83 on Charmeleon x3, Citizen Insane on Purrloin, Cpchris on Horsea, Paraqua on Anorith, Laurelai on Mesprit and Regigigas, TheShinyLunatone on Latias and Wailmer, PrismaticPrincessAnna on Sableye x3, Pawniard x2, Virizion, Pansage, and Ivysaur, HM02gon on Chinchou, SheroGH on Torchic, taufik386 on Paras, Birds of Paradise on Phantump, Azulart on Foongus and Scyther, Keane on Skitty, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to Cpchris and Keane for the congrats on Axew, and thanks also to Archsage, Cpchris, Keane, and Lorde for the luck!

I watch a lot of shiny hunting vids on mute for this reason. In some cases I can't stand their voices in general; most of the time it's because the bellowing is extremely irritating and pointless. With female youtubers their voices occasionally reach pitches that actually hurt my ears (I can't watch The Shiny Twins with the volume on b/c they occasionally reach dog whistle pitches).

If you think the Shiny Twins are bad, you should hear cuddleofdeath... I didn't realize it was humanly possible to hit the pitches that she does. XD I don't actually have a problem watching most shiny reaction videos though - I think a lot of them are pretty funny as long as they're not clearly faked - but I do have to make sure I turn the volume way down on my computer before watching.

Anyway... Lugia and Swablu are still being stubborn. Last night I hit 9200 SRs for the former and 8400 REs for the latter (and Winding Woods is at 500 REs). Lugia is less than 150 SRs away from becoming my 3rd-longest hunt, while my Swablu hunt has now gone over twice the odds in ORAS, which is the most I've ever gone over odds in any generation using any method. I realize that most of you have had far longer hunts and this was bound to happen to me at some point, but it doesn't make it any less annoying. : P Hopefully I can put in even more effort this week and get something to shine. Oh, and I haven't started my Volcarona hunt just yet - I wanted to train up my team a little bit and trade over a couple of good catching Pokemon to prepare for the fire moth. I also got the Master Ball just in case Volcarona gives me problems. Overall, though, very excited to start this hunt.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially Cpchris, Keane, and Lorde!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Woo. I see people are getting really lucky lately! Gratz on the recent shinies, especially that Skitty and those Unowns!

Still no shiny for me yet. I'm at day 8 for Turtwig and still going strong with the SRs, hopefully it shines soon. I also started another hunt in my Black 2. I got my Entree's Black/White level up to 21 just so I can get Lucky Power ++ ( Lucky power S and Max are too much of an hassle, may eventually get lucky power +++ tho) and hunt shaking spots! I got inspired to hunt shaking spots after seeing a video of this guy encountering a shiny Dragonite using the pass power method. So my first shaking spot hunt will be on Route 12. My main target is Roserade, although I wouldn't mind getting Audino or Emolga since I don't have them shiny. Hell, the thought of encountering a shiny wild Vespiquen or Leavanny is pretty amazing so I wouldn't be mad if I got them either even though they would be repeats. The main thing I don't want is the birds... I have had enough of that line from the last time I hunted in route 12 for female Combee lol.

Anyways, good luck everyone!

DeSynthed

I just started shiny hunting, I hadn't done it much in he past, though I've bred competitive mons for both me and my friends. I've bred OU, UU and RU countless times over since gen 4, so picking up my shiny charm wasn't hard at all. I'm currently 500 eggs in on masuda methoding a shiny starly. It's awesome reading through everyone's stories! My friends say I shouldn't do it, judging that I've never gotten an accidental shiny while breeding, but I have faith.

Phillies

Congratulations to everyone who got new shinies this week.

Along with the 2 Honedge I caught this week I also managed to catch the following - Poliwag, Foongus, Hoppip, Larvesta, Aron, 3 Oddish, Nosepass & Buneary.

Good luck to everyone on their current and future hunts.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
If you think the Shiny Twins are bad, you should hear cuddleofdeath... I didn't realize it was humanly possible to hit the pitches that she does. XD I don't actually have a problem watching most shiny reaction videos though - I think a lot of them are pretty funny as long as they're not clearly faked - but I do have to make sure I turn the volume way down on my computer before watching.

XP I have heard cuddleofdeath... Good lord, I thought my eardrums were going to explode! Another thing I cannot stand in shiny hunting videos is endless repetitions of "it's so nice, it's so nice", or in the newer ones, "shiny hype! shiny hype!" It makes me want to reach through the screen and punch the hunters in the face.

Anyway...

I started hunting in a safari that has butterfree, volbeat, and vivillon, aiming for volbeat (and a vivillon for a friend of mine), and after only 25 REs the first thing I get is a green-eyed butterfree. She's bold and capable of taking hits, with Compound Eyes. I already have a shiny butterfree, so into wonder trade she goes.

Shiny alphabet hunt round 2 is at 200 REs. Amaura is at 490 eggs.

Edit: After 577 eggs, a white sauropod walks onto my screen.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/641_zpsql143lwx.jpg[/img139]

He's modest and takes plenty of siestas, with Refrigerate. I was hoping he'd get Snow Warning, but meh. Gonna train him but won't be able to evolve him until tomorrow night.

Next MM will be tyrunt. Aiming for jolly nature.

Edit #2: OMG I can't believe that just happened! I was in Victory Road training my amaura in Speed when I suddenly see sparklies... It's a shiny geodude! There have been enough horror stories of shiny geodudes in hordes here for me to fear I might fail this catch. Magnitudes began flying, but none strong enough to knock out a single geodude. I used my pikachu's Grass Knot to take down the normal angry rocks one at a time, getting the shiny alone, then I threw an ultra ball and caught it! It's brave and very finicky, with Rock Head.

I'm going to send it into wonder trade; I have a shiny golem already.

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Cyberra on Kangaskhan, Paraqua on Anorith, Laurelai on Mesprit and Regigigas, Cyberra on Unown, TheShinyLunatone on Latias, PrismaticPrincessAnna on Virizion, TheMaster327 on Trapinch, SheroGH on Torchic, taufik386 on Paras, Cyberra on Unown, Azulart on Foongus and Scyther, Keane on Skitty, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, Keane, TheShinyLunatone, and Crimson Penguin :) And thank you for the luck, Keane and Crimson Penguin!

-----------

does anyone else find it annoying when youtubers do clearly fake reactions for a shiny thsat often involve alot of bellowing?

Very much yes. I’ve never cared for it. And agreed with others who say they stop watching a vid once they hear some obnoxious fake reaction. I don’t really understand people who watch videos mainly for the reaction, either… Different strokes I guess, but I’m watching to see a shiny on your screen. Also, when people apologize for not having a good enough reaction and saying they’ll do better next time, like…Are you not just admitting you fake reactions? Idk. People are people.

BUT i'm thinking that instead of collecting the eggs, getting however many boxes worth of them, that i should just soft reset when the Daycare gives me an egg, just so i don't have to release boxes of Buneary at a time. Is it more easier that way?

I believe the first egg is always the same if you’re saving right before you collect it, so that would be a bad idea.

-----------

On that topic of videos, Here’s my Horsea video!

Welp, Black 2 has become my 2nd-longest hunt and currently stands at 30,100 REs. Platinum is at 6,600 REs and HeartGold is at 1,000 REs. Also finished training Kingdra to Lv. 100.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, ChaoticInverse, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, Razorbadger, Keane, Crimson Penguin, and Nakashima)!