• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
CH completion list updated - we have a kinda quiet CH this time, eh? The one time it's about birds, and people kept getting non-bird shinies xD

As for the video topic, what annoyed me is when someone found a wild encounter shiny, then do a long happy reaction before finally getting back on the game and start trying to capture it.
I'm happy to see someone found a shiny, but I'm happier to see they actually caught it.

Also, I tend to avoid the Shiny Fail video. I don't know about you all, but to me, a shiny fail isn't worth watching, and is not even worth recording. It annoyed me instead, why didn't you come prepared if you are shiny hunting? I can understand failing on an accidental shiny, but when you actually hunt for it, I feel there's no excuse to fail.

taufik386

hatched two shinies today
first from my AS, shiny venonat hatched after 304 eggs.
timid nature and tinted lens ability, 5IV missing in speed LOL

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20151116_093805_1_p_2-640x382.jpg[/img139]

next from OR, shiny rufflet hatched after 152 eggs.
jolly nature with hustle ability, 5IV missing in Hp.

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20151116_111703_1_p_1-640x382.jpg[/img139]

this month's CH is about bird pokemon right? so my CH is complete.

edit
yess!!! another shiny via masuda breeding. it's scatterbug.
it hatched after 1297 eggs. little bit stubborn, but finally it's shine for me :D

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20151117_092126_1_p_1_1-640x376.jpg[/img139]

congrats for everyones on your recent shinies
and good luck on your current hunting

Last edited:

Laurelai

CH completion list updated - we have a kinda quiet CH this time, eh? The one time it's about birds, and people kept getting non-bird shinies xD

As for the video topic, what annoyed me is when someone found a wild encounter shiny, then do a long happy reaction before finally getting back on the game and start trying to capture it.
I'm happy to see someone found a shiny, but I'm happier to see they actually caught it.

Also, I tend to avoid the Shiny Fail video. I don't know about you all, but to me, a shiny fail isn't worth watching, and is not even worth recording. It annoyed me instead, why didn't you come prepared if you are shiny hunting? I can understand failing on an accidental shiny, but when you actually hunt for it, I feel there's no excuse to fail.

I'm trying! I'm trying! But Pidove is not being cooperative :(

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Hi everyone!

Gosh, it's been a long time!

Congrats to all of the above posters on their success! And best of luck to all those still MMing/searching!

Myself, I haven't really had the time for MMing lately. Interest in breeding is minimum. But that's not why i'm here :p

A friend over PSS asked me for a HA Amoongus. I only had the one I was using in battling so threw it into the daycare with Jap ditto. I wasn't even trying honest. But on the first egg

BAM! got a shiny! haha. Was over the moon. When it hatched, I thought it looked funny. I didn't dare think shiny, but it was!

[img139]http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr207/ckpencarrow92/FOON1_zpskm1y5smz.png[/img139]
[img139]http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr207/ckpencarrow92/Foon2_zpsjm9hn2p0.png[/img139]

Never had a first egg hatch, so took it to the IV judge!

It's Outstanding with IV's in HP, Defence, Special Attack and Speed. Was like, meh I'll still use it.
Until I realised that it didn't have it's HA :( lol

Trophy shiny only, meh! Haven't the time to actively hunt another :/

Till next time :)

SheroGH

Hi, everyone!

Today I decided to hunt for a shiny Metang in White 2 and even I can't believe it!! After 12 RE's, I got it already!!! :O

metang.jpg

And it has Adamant nature! :D I have the Shiny Charm but this never happened to me before.

Congrats to all recent shinys and good luck to everyone! :)

Umbright

Pokemon Master
I'm at 900 eggs with my shiny treecko hunt. This is my first MM run and I was patient but the few last dozens I've been kinda losing hope, tho I know I'm closer than ever. But I've run out of space in boxes and I don't have pokebank yet... I don't have the shiny charm either. Sigh any inspirational words? I believe I'm only doubting cuz as it is my first time, I don't have the 100% personal trust in the method. Congrats everyone for their shinies I'm planning on becoming a great shiny hunter!

Last edited:

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
I'm at 900 eggs with my shiny treecko hunt. This is my first MM run and I was patient but the few last dozens I've been kinda losing hope, tho I know I'm closer than ever. But I've run out of space in boxes and I don't have pokebank yet... I don't have the shiny charm either. Sigh any inspirational words? I believe I'm only doubting cuz as it is my first time, I don't have the 100% personal trust in the method. Congrats everyone for their shinies I'm planning on becoming a great shiny hunter!

And you will be great!! I knownhow you feel, my first ever hunt took 3 430 eggs but man was it worth it when yhe shiny finally hatched!!

Yours wint take that long since its gen 6. You just gotta keep going! Dont give up. The shinies cant hide forever 8D

Iwanuq

Iwan
Hey everyone, and congrats on all the shiny pokes!

So I've been in somewhat of a shiny drought and stopped playing for a bit, but decided to pick up my hunt in Pokemon X and got a Shiny Klefki last night in the friend safari. Then, today I decided to go hunt in a flying safari and out popped a shiny spearow so Community Hunt Complete.

Edit Caught a shiny Rufflet in the friend safari! Super happy been waiting to get one of these as shiny! Community Hunt Complete x2

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: I have still yet to start hatching my eggs, I think I will start that tonight, I have ten boxes of Heatmor to hatch, if nothing pops out shiny I will continue to collect eggs.

Good luck to all those hunting!

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector

I feel like this should be my month! More than half of the shinies I've found over the years are flying types and I've thought about trying to get them all. I haven't really been doing any shiny hunting this month except for my ongoing Torchic SR in Emerald (feels like a waste of time now).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I did some more chain fishing on Y and Alpha Sapphire last night to see if my luck would pay out, but no Shiny took the bait. I hatched 40 or so more Wooper eggs as well yesterday afternoon and I even spent 50 minutes doing random encounters for Shinies at the Friend Safari. Good luck to others btw.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
That didn't take long...

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/647_zpsvyykik7d.jpg[/img139]

After a mere 178 eggs, I find a blue tyrunt. He's jolly and likes to thrash about, and he got Sturdy, his HA. Gonna train him and get him evolved when the game's day-cycle begins.

Next MM will be ducklett, I think.

Shiny alphabet hunt round 2 is at 500 REs

taufik386

985 eggs for this ghost
adamant nature with 5 IV missing in sp. atk, which is very nice
gonna evolve him into dusknoir.

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20151118_094721_1_p_1-800x480.jpg[/img139]

congrats everyone on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

Dangertrout

thank you very much for the congrats everyone!! for the record, 2rsa the porygon is bringing straight power to my team XD

my next target for this bq will be latias.
ik. its gonna take 1 million year but
i was tired of the standard methods, never done an RA hunt befpore. exciting!!
i donyt really love the eon duos shiny colourin tbh so idk. might switch to hunting sandshrew if this gets boring.

does anyone else find it annoying when youtubers do clearly fake reactions for a shiny thsat often involve alot of bellowing?

also, how many battle turns before latias struggles herself to death?

Yeah, I find the reactions really irritating. Especially from the people who have found hundreds of shinies. I barely react when I find a shiny at this point. Only long hunts or original odds hunts will get a reaction out of me these days.

I have no idea what I've found in terms of shinies since I last posted >.< in the last few weeks I did FS looking for Mankey but have had no luck. Instead I've found four shiny Throh and three shiny Tyrogue.
In OR I've been mainly hatching eggs and dex naving. The last few weeks have been slow in that game. Shiny Venonat after ~500 eggs, shiny Diglett after ~900 dex nav encounters and now I'm hunting Meowth... at about 500 eggs again.
I would have thought with an entire week quarantined, unable to do anything but watch tv and play pokemon I would have found more shinies, but no luck >.< My friend kept joking that I was too radioactive for my games to generate shinies, though I doubt that was to blame as I did get a few tyrogues and the venonat eventually.
Anyhoot, good luck to everyone in their hunts. I'm gonna keep at my mankey and meowth hunts and hopefully get something this week :p

edit - make that four shiny tyrogues T_T

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Masuda Method with shiny charm in ORAS, 150+ eggs hatched, no shiny eevee :,(

You're barely at 1/3 of the odds lol and already you're going with the crying emoticon?

1/512 are the odds for MM w/Shiny Charm in ORAS so best to get into gear. :D

Umbright

Pokemon Master
And you will be great!! I knownhow you feel, my first ever hunt took 3 430 eggs but man was it worth it when yhe shiny finally hatched!!

Yours wint take that long since its gen 6. You just gotta keep going! Dont give up. The shinies cant hide forever 8D

Ohh thank you a lot reallyy hahah, true sooner or later! I just got a celebi in the wonder trade with the nickname "Nevergiveup" It must have been so hacked lol but it even had as its only move Return. It felt like such a sweet detail. Thanks to you and that celebi, my resolution got much more stronger. I'm getting that cyan bloodshot tailed treecko!!! I will wondertrade the Celebi again hahah hope it might shine on someone's face too. Luck and conviction to all shiny hunters here!

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to: Phillies on Honedge x2, Poliwag, Foongus, Hoppip, Larvesta, Aron, Oddish x3, Nosepass and Buneary, Cyberra on Tyrunt, Amaura and Geodude, taufik386 on Duskull, Venonat, Rufflet and Scatterbug, Regi_Rocks on Foongus, SheroGH on Metang, Iwanuq on Klefki, Spearow and Rufflet, Dangertrout on Throh, Tyrogue x3, Venonat and Diglett, and to anyone else I missed!

Thank you Crimson Penguin, Supremacy and CpChris for the congrats!

I'm now at 13,900 REs in Valley Windworks and 3000 REs in Mt. Coronet, I also started running about in Relic Castle in W2. I'm counting the encounters on the back of the trainer card for that, I've got just under ~200 REs and it's not really a hugely serious hunt as I'd much rather be soft resetting for Volcarona but I daren't without a masterball, sigh.

Good luck everybody, especially CpChris, Razorbadger and Crimson Penguin!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Masuda Method with shiny charm in ORAS, 150+ eggs hatched, no shiny eevee :,(

The struggle :,(

-----

Uhh, so yeah! No shinies for me yet. Turtwig is at day 11 and I was wondering if anyone knew, but is Barry's Chimchar set to always be male? I'm pretty sure I've never seen his Chimchar female over the course of this hunt so far o.o. Also, I'm at around 1,600 shaking spot encounters at route 12. I'm really excited to see what will shine first.. will it be Vespiquen? Roserade? Audino? Those Uglee birds? Can't wait to find out!

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Cyberra on Amaura, taufik386 on Venonat and Rufflet and Scatterbug, Regi_Rocks on Foongus, SheroGh on Metang, Cyberra on Tyrunt, taufik386 on Duskull, Dangertrout on Venonat (welcome back ^ ^), and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the good luck wishes, Keane :)

-----------

Bought my 7th batch of Max Repels on Black 2 today x.X That’s 4.9M spent on Max Repels JUST for this hunt. Luckily it only takes about an hour or a little more to get enough money for a batch, but this is still a bit absurd. 15k more REs till it becomes my longest hunt :D

Black 2 is at 31,800 REs, Platinum is at 8,300 REs, and HeartGold is at 2,700 REs. Also, Johto starters are currently at 2,900 SRs and Chimchar is at 4,300 SRs. At least Platinum gave me 2 under-odds shinies before going back up over odds =\ Hoping November has some nice shiny surprises in store for the last 1/3 of the month…Though I have jury duty next week, so most likely my hunting time goes down.

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, ChaoticInverse, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, Razorbadger, Keane, Crimson Penguin, and Nakashima)!

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all recent shinies

After 587 eggs, a shiny Munna finally hatched. It's a male and I named him Baku (After the mythical tapir-like yokai). Modest nature through Everstone and has perfect IV's in DEF, Sp. ATK, Sp. DEF and Speed.

I might take a break of masuda methoding for a while but I'll let you know when I hatch or catch another shiny. I still have many shinies to EV train and other things to work on.

Good luck to all future shinies

Last edited: