• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
After around 8000 or so REs in a Friend Safari hunting for Shiny Ponyta (I have found other Shinies amongst these, those being 5*Charmander and 1*Braixen), I decided to switch safari and hunt in a Dark type safari. After 797 encounters, I found myself a Shiny Liepard! Female, with the ability Unburden (sadly not its HA), and max IVs in HP, Attack and Special Attack. Could've been better, but it's a Shiny nonetheless!

I may go back to the Ponyta hunt, but I'm thinking the best play is to go continue in the Dark safari and try and get one or both of the other Pokémon in their in Shiny (Nuzleaf and Cacturne)

SheroGH

Hi, Congratz on all the recent shinies!!

I was hunting in four games today (two FireRed and two LeafGreen) and after 91 REs, a Fearow shows up on my LeafGreen!!

[img139]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/sheroo1992/Shiny%20Fearow_zpsubalfnpq.png[/img139]

It's my second shiny of this month and is a full odd shiny!! I don't know how I did notice this one because the screen of the GBA is too dark so after catching it, I change the game to my other GBA with more brightness to see it better :D I want a Ponyta so I'm going to stay in this area until it shines.

Good luck in all your hunt and happy holidays everyone!!

Shiny Lord

Just started hunting for shiny Mesprit today and I managed to get it really quickly. Did not keep track of how many soft resets I did for it. One more shiny legendary added to my collection. Just need shiny Uxie now to complete the lake trio

Here are it's stats:
#481 Mesprit [Sassy]
IVs: 24, 25 / 18, 19 / 31 / 30, 31 / 20, 21 / 30, 31
Stats at Lv.50: 152|0 / 119|0 / 125|0 / 125|0 / 132|0 / 90|0

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
So I decided the other day that I would try for Shiny Delibird or Shiny Stantler, to go along with the Christmas holiday. However, I really didn't want to go through the whole process to get the right egg moves/nature/foreign parent business, so I decided to wondertrade until I found a suitable parent. Well, last night, after a couple of days, I finally got a beautiful Japanese, female, 3 egg moves, 4 IV, Jolly nature Delibird. Immediately, I threw it in the daycare with my 6 IV Smeargle and got to breeding, collecting just over 100 eggs between last night and this morning. Once I had a good first batch, I started hatching...but that didn't last very long because within 8 eggs (8!) I got my first Mrs. Claus!! :D :D :D It's absolutely perfect too: Jolly, Female, Hustle, 5IVs, 4 egg moves.

But that's not all. I figured that I would hatch the rest of the eggs so I could wondertrade all the Delibird off on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, just to put out some Christmas spirit. Well, to my absolute shock, on the 51st egg (51!), ANOTHER MRS. CLAUS HATCHED. So now I have two Delibird, and I still have about half the batch to hatch (will there be a Mr. Claus too?) This is crazy luck considering that I hatched almost a thousand eggs for Pumpkaboo and I still wasn't able to get one before Halloween. I'm really glad one of my holiday hunts has worked out.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

EDIT: LOLOL wouldn't you know it, on the 110th egg (same batch) Mr. Claus actually did hatch. Within one batch, I've now gotten 3 Shiny Delibird. I've never had this much luck in my life. Yay for Christmas!!! <3

EDIT #2: Wow. The Christmas luck is real. Christmas morning, after wondertrading off the rest of my Delibirds, I transferred the first shiny delibird I hatched to my OR to EV train it. Even though I've trained at Mt. Pyre for Atk countless times before and never gotten a shiny shuppet, on the second horde of the session, I hear the shiny sound go off on my 3DS and look down to find a completely random (no Shiny Charm) Shiny Shuppet floating smackdab in the middle of the horde. It even has a +Atk nature. I'm in complete shock at the luck I've had these last few days. The last time I got a shiny on Christmas was my Darkrai several years ago. Definitely a great way to start off the day :)

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
No it can't be shiny whatsoever so you shouldn't bother soft resetting.

I see well that's a shame cuz shiny Hoopa has a nice sprite from what I saw. I will instead work on hatching eggs for a shiny Magikarp cuz it's something I've wanted to try ever since playing Soul Silver. ^^

Cyberra

pain in the ***
...Why is my post about having caught inkay missing? Sure, it had been directly after my post about dunsparce, but there had been a full 24 hours between the two posts.

I caught this yesterday. Reposting since someone seems to have removed the post without telling me.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/716_zpsgucf599o.jpg[/img139]

She's lax and likes to thrash about and got Infiltrator, her HA. I named her after a character from a classic animated movie. I also caught a shiny male pawniard, but him I traded off.

Am hunting in a steel safari for magneton and forretress now.

Route 216 is at 800 REs. Woobat has broken 4x over odds at 2,240 eggs.

Edit: After 374 REs in the steel safari, I find a shiny bronzong. It's hardy and alert to sound, with levitate. I have a shiny bronzong already, so into wonder trade it goes to surprise someone else

Last edited:

silverhusky99

Novice Shiny Hunter
I am happy to announce that finally after 5 days of Hunting I finally got my first shiny, a shiny fraxure with hidden ability.

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
Have been working on some legendary hunts lately, Zapdos in FR and more recently, Latias in OR. A few days ago i finished my living dex on bank so i could get the shiny charm on my OR. Once i had it in hand i went to southern island to begin my hunt. Surprisingly after my 3rd run away encounter of the day, this lovely lady graced my screen. I don't have many shiny legends so i was extremely pumped that it showed up this early,(stopped counting after 171, but that was a couple of days ago so i would put it somewhere in the 350-425 range).
My timid sync worked and as a bonus she has outstanding potential with 31 in attk, sp.attk and speed!

[img139]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/agoff4/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsyetmhywv.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/agoff4/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsoyv4wadb.jpg[/img139]

Will now go for the other legends in OR, as well as the bird trio in FR.

As always congratz on recent shinies and good luck on all hunts!

Last edited:

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Another week and another wanted Shiny this time it was in the Psychic Safari of the Mii I made for my mom's 3DS:

1cd115c4-146d-4a76-8f8f-0a43af9ac50d_zpshl2cfkcj.jpg

Too bad my Y doesn't have anymore Moon stones, this is actually a nice looking Shiny when she's evolved. Although she doesn't have the Telepathy HA, can't win them all I suppose.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Second shiny bronzong found in the steel safari. This one is serious and somewhat vain, with Heatproof. Into wonder trade it goes, to make someone else's day.

Route 216 remains at 800 REs for the day. Woobat is approaching 5x odds, at 2,400 eggs.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
CH completion updated.

And as per request, Snowpoint Temple is added to the CH location list.

Anyway, what are you all doing in this holiday season? I've done lots of things so far, unfortunately, logging in here more often, wasn't one of them :redface:

Also, you all can start PM-ing me suggestions for January CH. We'll start the vote on Sunday night on the 27th.

...Why is my post about having caught inkay missing? Sure, it had been directly after my post about dunsparce, but there had been a full 24 hours between the two posts.

Yes, you can post again after a day, but it doesn't mean you can double post :)
You still have to wait for someone else before you post again. The once per day rule in this thread doesn't ignore the forum's double-posting rule.

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
So I decided the other day that I would try for Shiny Delibird or Shiny Stantler, to go along with the Christmas holiday. However, I really didn't want to go through the whole process to get the right egg moves/nature/foreign parent business, so I decided to wondertrade until I found a suitable parent. Well, last night, after a couple of days, I finally got a beautiful Japanese, female, 3 egg moves, 4 IV, Jolly nature Delibird. Immediately, I threw it in the daycare with my 6 IV Smeargle and got to breeding, collecting just over 100 eggs between last night and this morning. Once I had a good first batch, I started hatching...but that didn't last very long because within 8 eggs (8!) I got my first Mrs. Claus!! :D :D :D It's absolutely perfect too: Jolly, Female, Hustle, 5IVs, 4 egg moves.

But that's not all. I figured that I would hatch the rest of the eggs so I could wondertrade all the Delibird off on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, just to put out some Christmas spirit. Well, to my absolute shock, on the 51st egg (51!), ANOTHER MRS. CLAUS HATCHED. So now I have two Delibird, and I still have about half the batch to hatch (will there be a Mr. Claus too?) This is crazy luck considering that I hatched almost a thousand eggs for Pumpkaboo and I still wasn't able to get one before Halloween. I'm really glad one of my holiday hunts has worked out.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

EDIT: LOLOL wouldn't you know it, on the 110th egg (same batch) Mr. Claus actually did hatch. Within one batch, I've now gotten 3 Shiny Delibird. I've never had this much luck in my life. Yay for Christmas!!! <3

;-; I h8 you. Jk, congratulations! Please send me some of that luck, as I've been Masuda Methoding for a shiny Tyrunt. After about 1,500 eggs I'm still hatching. :(

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Not much in shiny news, life has been insane with finishing getting my Christmas stuff, working at Wal-Mart nine-hour (or 8-hour plus one-hour lunch) days, and etc. etc. I'm not even visiting until 12:43 in the morning, that tells you how my day's been. Got just one shiny this week outside of Wonder Trades, a shiny magickarp. I'm really hoping for a shiny tentacool one of these days. I'm not even that fond of tentacool, it's just become a wanted prize because it refuses to show up, much like the shiny horsea I got a while back. :p

taufik386

i continued my shiny hunt in black 2 on route 18 last night. just 5 encounters later, shiny crustle appeared.
total 1357 REs.
[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20151224_202021_p_1.jpg[/img139]

and today, i hatched shiny larvitar after 948 eggs.

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20151225_140754_1_p_1.jpg[/img139]

congrats everyones on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Update on Shiny Swablu/Altaria hunt: none appeared today after a fair amount of random and horde encounters. Hope it shines soon.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I got a Shiny female German Umbreon with the HA of Inner Focus last night, I've wanted to get a Shiny Eevee-lution forever. And I was hoping to find a Christmas Day Shiny in my Safari on X but no luck today. Still looking for a Shiny Snover or Shiny Christmas tree, the day is not over here yet I may still find one.

shiny_hunter5

d8421965-29f8-4990-b3be-d69c0f9de6f9_zpsnooqfjsg.jpg

Not posted in a few months so congrats all! got the 5th pokemon on my shiny quest 3 horde encounters on Christmas day :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I got lucky and hatched that shiny Magikarp I was after today on X version which was great cuz it doubled as an Xmas present ha ha. I nicknamed the shiny Magikarp and I'm going to let it level up a bit and in the meantime I'll start a new shiny hunt. :3

Rokonpower

Humble Trainer
I was just playing Alpha Sapphire on Christmas Night training my pokemon in the fields. All of the sudden, I encounter a wild shiny Skarmory in the grass, no chaining whatsoever! Talk about a neat christmas gift! It's certainly not the best Skarmory, but the timing of finding one out of the blue on such a wonderful holiday couldn't be more miraculous! :D