• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Finally!! My first MM shiny! I don't know how many total eggs I've hatched, but this was the last egg of the five boxes I collected this time around.

[img139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/7586C430-F588-4754-AEA3-E019B0E79BB7.jpg[/img139]

Charmander has IVs of 31/31/31/31/31/0. Sucks about the speed, but I'm so glad to finally hatch a shiny!

And I think that means I've also completed the community hunt for the first time!

Congrats to all the other recent shinies! Good luck on all your hunts!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well since finding that shiny Wailmer days ago I've been doing more fishing hoping for another shiny pokemon to show up, but no luck so far unfortunately. Plus I've been hatching eggs for other shinies as well and I might try a community hunt soon. ^^

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Congratz on all the recent shinies. Especially to Cpchris on Totodile, that's an awesome shiny, hoping I get one too someday :D

I don't know if this day is good or bad... :(

This evening, on the 35 REs of the day, Shiny Kakuna appear on my Leaf Green n°1 :D

[img139]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/sheroo1992/Shiny%20Kakuna_zpstlidh3t4.png[/img139]

My first shiny of 2016!!

And after that, I decided to hunt for Zapdos on my 4 games. I went to shop for battery to change the internal battery of my sapphire and ruby to hunt on them and when I came back, I started to hunt for Zapdos. And after 163 SRs, on the same game of Kakuna, It shine!! but it was in my game where I didn't have a Masterball because I used it to capture my Shiny Mewtwo. So, I failed it... :( I wanted to die right there in the moment :c But I know it will return someday and now I have a Masterball so it will be mine!! :)

Here is a picture of Zapdos and a video of my sadness :(

[img139]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/sheroo1992/Shiny%20Zapdos%20Fail_zpsnhcvumns.png[/img139]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEy_l1adQpU

Good luck on all your hunts and hoping Zapdos will return from death!!

I feel your pain. Zapdos did the same thing to me, but after enough time I got it. Now if only Zapdos was a good shiny

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Moved to a different ground safari to continue the hunt for dugtrio and found a shiny sandshrew. Male, hardy nature, capable of taking hits, and has Sand Veil. Gonna save him for Artnerd later.

Route 216 is at 3,800 REs. Lunatone is at 860 eggs

taufik386

just dexnaving something

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/PhotoGrid_1452343371763.jpg[/img139]

there's eevee and pikachu, so my CH is complete

congrats everyones on your recent shinies n good luck on your current hunting

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Coming in with a fresh capture, one which really had me worried as i didn't do a test run, so was left in a bad situation when i found out Stun Spore wouldn't work on Virizion.... but all's well that ends well as i was able to keep enough of my team alive against the Swords Dance'd Sacred Sword attacks levied against my team to capture this beauty....

[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-01/CBEE2B7C-8C99-4473-9E6D-D32077CCD8FE_zps9skjc5do.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-01/E3BCB9D3-B565-4F7F-A72E-6C13E13CA8B9_zpskqmlrhbe.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-01/985425F3-71EA-42D8-8457-15FC82C6759A_zpsixsx93iz.jpg[/IMG139]

For now i'm going to abandon my SR'ing in my OR version until i properly train something capable of capturing Shinies, in all likelyhood a Shiny Smeargle.

Instead i'm back to continuing my SR'ing for Shiny Articuno as well as off to Route 10 in Pokemon X to RE for a Shiny Houndour(Yellow Flowers, so 20%).... fingers crossed :)

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Instead i'm back to continuing my SR'ing for Shiny Articuno as well as off to Route 10 in Pokemon X to RE for a Shiny Houndour(Yellow Flowers, so 20%).... fingers crossed :)

You cannot get a shiny Articuno in X or Y because the pokemon is shiny locked along with Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde. You can transfer a shiny Articuno from gen 5 games once you get one from Platinum or HGSS and transfer it to BW or B2W2. Need Pokebank to transfer pokemon from gen 5 though.

Anyway I got a Brave and Mischievous shiny Rayquaza from a trade with a relative. Maxed out it's attack stat and special attack stat before using 30 rare candies to get it level 100. It has 504 atk and my first shiny legendary in a gen 6 game. Good luck to all those hunting and congratulations to those with new shiny pokemon.

Edit: Caught a shiny Deino yesterday. Evolved it once and planning to evolve it again.
Re-edit: Evolved shiny Zweilous into Hydreigon.

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
OK, well, 2016 has been pretty good to me in terms of Shinies thus far. :) Number of days in the year hasn't even hit double digits yet and already I got me two Shinies to show for my efforts! First, I was doing some horde hunting in Omega Ruby, in Shoal Cave, specifically in the icy bottom floor. I was shooting for Spheal, realistically expecting Zubat, and secretly hoping for Snorunt. Can't complain, though- got me a Shiny Spheal! :) Even has a Modest nature, which is pretty nice considering I wasn't using a Synchronizer. Ability is Ice Body, she's already a Walrein.

And the second one I got not an hour ago- I was hunting in an Electric Friend Safari in Y. It had Luxio, Helioptile, and Emolga. I was shooting for Helioptile, complete with a Timid Synchronize Ralts. So of course I was prepared for a Shiny Luxio, given what happened the last time I tried for Helioptile in a Friend Safari. *glances at second Shiny Manectric* And then I found the Shiny Helioptile. :D I freaked out, I've wanted this for so long you have no idea. Caught her in a Repeat Ball. Timid (YES!), Sand Veil (not what I wanted but at least the Ability Capsule fixed that so YES!), perfect Special Attack (YES!), and perfect... Special Defense (Well, three out of four ain't bad). BUT STILL! :D Haven't evolved her into Heliolisk yet, but I just finished EV training her, so that'll change within minutes. As you can see, I've updated my signature in anticipation of the impending evolution. Congrats to all on all recent Shinies, and good luck to everyone! :)

DaggerY

Collector

Help Needed:

Wow everyone here really impresses me. So I started to play Emerald after replacing the battery and decided I would take on the ambitious project of finding all 3 of the main Hoenn Legends in shiny form. However I have come to the understanding that SRing in Emerald is a lot different than other games and has something to do with the frames of the title screen or something of the like? I ask if anyone can help clarify this for me. If I can't SR them all, I at least want to go for Kyogre as I can do Groudon and Rayquaza in my Soul Silver I planned to restart anyway as everything from there was on my Y cartridge now lost with all my other shiny pokemon.

-Regards and Thankyou in advance.

Last edited:

SheroGH

Congratz on all recent shinies!

After I failed the shiny Zapdos, I was feeling a little down but I had to move on, so yesterday I started to hunt for Mudkip in my japanese Ruby/Sapphire and after 380 SRs, It shine!! :D

[img139]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/sheroo1992/Shiny%20Mudkip_zpsft4nhwkv.png[/img139]

I wanted this shiny so much and is finally mine! This is my second shiny (or third one :( ) of 2016! Now, only Treecko is left, hoping it shine soon.

Good luck on all your hunts!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Got it.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/788_zpsfmagxbcs.jpg[/img139]

I will admit to being vaguely disgusted by the way dugtrio wriggles and squirms, but that's just me... Anyway, he's naughty and alert to sounds, with Arena Trap. Gonna box him and get back to my MMing.

Weekends are minecraft-on-xbox-with-friends time, so route 216 remains at 3,800 REs. Lunatone is approaching 1,000 eggs.

Edit: And here is my blue-eyed moon ^_^

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/790_zpsjfemofnt.jpg[/img139]

I named it after a moon goddess from Germanic myth, daughter of Balder. Lunatone is modest and likes to thrash about, with Levitate. I'm going to EV train it, then switch over to re-breeding lucario. Will be aiming for a jolly nature.

Edit #2: Shiny cubchoo found in a horde while stalking vanillite for SpATK EVs. He's serious and mischievous, with Snow Cloak. Saving him to send to Artnerd for further distribution.

Edit #3: Shiny vanillite found while finishing up my EV training in Frost Cavern. Male, docile, takes plenty of siestas, with Ice Body.

Last edited:

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
After failing to master Chain Fishing on X, I decided to return to Safari hunting. I mentioned a page or 2 back about getting a Shiny Liepard, yesterday I caught a Shiny Nuzleaf after 499 encounters from the same safari. Not ideal nature or ability, max IVS in Attack, Defence and Special Attack. But a Shiny is a Shiny :) Going to go back I think to try and find a Shiny Cactus man in there too.

HM02gon

Waiting...
I've been working on breeding my 5IV Japanese Trapinch with my 4IV Timid male one to get a 5IV-att Timid male to breed with my Volcarona to get a competitive one. I've hatched around maybe 30-40 eggs and I just hatched TWO shinies in the last 5 minutes. Yet I haven't got that 5IV male yet.

Phillies

Congratulations to everyone who caught new shinies this week.

I spent the week SR for Raikou on my OR game. It took me 4 days but I finally caught him on Thursday. Friday made up for the somewhat long hunt by giving me Regice, Regigigas & Tornadus within 4 -5 hours of each other. All I have left is to get Palkia, Giratina & Landorus to have the whole set minus Latios which I hadn't realized could be shiny until after I caught it.

Good luck to everyone this week.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I moved over to a ghost safari to hunt pumpkaboo, and instead I get a shiny spiritomb. He's sassy and likes to thrash about, with Pressure. I bred one out back in October for the ghost CH, so this one will go to Artnerd to be gifted to someone else.

Route 216 is still at 3,800 REs. Riolu is at 40 eggs.

Is Groudon shiny-locked or can it be SR'd in Ruby? I would do it in Emarald but I never owned it :(

Shiny locks did not exist until Gen 5 (Black/White/Black 2/White 2). In the original Ruby for the GBA, groudon CAN be soft resetted. As long as the internal battery is not dead.

Last edited:

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Hey everyone! So Tyrunt made it to
About 1600 eggs and still no shine. Gonna take a break, and start on a shiny Impish Rock Head Aron with Head Smash and Superpower!

Also, I've been wanting to start SR'ing for some Pokemon.

Is Groudon shiny-locked or can it be SR'd in Ruby? I would do it in Emarald but I never owned it :(

Also, Congrats everyone on their shinies! They all look really nice :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Today, I found and caught my second shiny of the year, a Linoone, in Omega Ruby. The encounter was totally unexpected and therefore counted as a random encounter. And without Shiny Charm.

UPDATE ON SWABLU: It's now a shiny Altaria.

Congrats on the recent shinies and good luck to all current and future hunts.

SkyMew

Groudon is not locked in the Ruby version for GBA. I think you just have to make sure the internal battery of the game is working.

I got a Shiny one myself this way.

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Groudon is not locked in the Ruby version for GBA. I think you just have to make sure the internal battery of the game is working.

I got a Shiny one myself this way.

Okay thank you. I have two and I'm pretty sure one of them has a working battery