• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Congrants on the recent shines everyone !

I was quite absent in this thread due my preparations for VGC16
but while building it a shiny popped wich I would love to share with you all :)

[img139]http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/platinum/back-shiny/turtwig.png[/img139]
Nature: Brave
Abillity: Overgrow
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/x HP ICE <3
- Wide guard

Last edited:

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all recent shinies,

I know I said I should have taken a break after my shiny Archen but my fingers were just itching for one more Masuda method hunt.

My new target was Fennekin and after 521 eggs, a shiny male Fennekin hatched. Timid Nature though everstone with the following IV spread (X/31/31/31/X/31) and has the moves Wish, Magic Coat, Heat Wave and Hypnosis. I named this little fella Merlin.

Good luck to all future shinies

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I did some more fishing in Omega Ruby yesterday evening but I didn't hook any shinies despite searching through most of Hoenn's sea routes. ^^; Any ways I've also hatched several Chespin eggs in X in the hopes that a shiny will soon hatch & good luck to every one else especially Draknir. :D

taufik386

shiny deino hatched after 622 eggs. modest nature and IV spread missing in ATK :D

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20160112_092403_1_p_1-600x784.jpg[/img139]

and got shiny tangela and rattata using dexnav.

congrats everyone on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After 486 encounters, shiny pumpkaboo has appeared. She's impish and likes to thrash about, and she got her HA, Insomnia. Now I just need some help evolving her into gourgeist. Pretty sure she's average size.

Next safari hunt is electric, after pachirisu and stunfisk.

Route 216 remains at 3,800 REs. Riolu is at 140 eggs.

Last edited:

SheroGH

Hi, everyone! Congratz on all recent shinies!

Today I have reclaimed my shiny Zapdos!!! :D I knew I would get it today. After 1512 SRs (or 1369 plus 163 SRs), It shine again in the same game!!

[img139]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/sheroo1992/Shiny%20Zapdos_zpskln8cyqr.png[/img139]

I caught it in an Ultraball so I didn't have to use a Masterball. It has a Quirky nature and good IVs in DEF, SP.ATK, SP.DEF :)
I'm so happy that this didn't take much longer!

Now, I'm thinking on hunting in Route 3 for a shiny Nidoran Male and Female.

Good luck on all your hunts!

umbreonfan3636

Sorry for the blanket congrats, but I've been really busy.

Still no shiny Pichu on my Crystal Odd Egg hunt. Apparently the odds are 1/100, but the eggs take 12-15 minutes to hatch. My Fire Red that I purchased on amazon just came in, and I am pretty sure that it is a legit copy. Here's a picture of the inside:

[img139]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/umby_3636/IMG_2229_zpssdygzpnp.jpg[/img139]

The only thing that I'm not sure about on the cartridge is the indentation number. On the foil above the Nintendo seal is a indented number 20. I read online that that number is usually different? Not sure though. I've always wanted to do a legit shiny Charmander hunt, but he appears too late in HG to be appealing to me (as I want to use it in game), and I'm not much of a MMer.

Anti Spiral

BOOM!

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/tluLACK.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/r0nyLX1.jpg[/img139]

1720 Soft Resets :)

Last edited:

schrouri

Congrats on all new shinies!

I can't start my AS Badge quest because Treecko doesn't want to shine after 5900 SR. January is hard because exams i don't have all the time i want for soft reseting... Hope it will shine son.

I was also thinking about starting a BQ also in SS, because Each SR for Treecko takes 40-50 seconds. Just to do something in that time, but let's see. I have to think that more.

Good luck to everybody on your hunts!!

Ascended Dialga

After ~30 eggs of breeding for a competitive Speed Boost Scolipede, I hatched a shiny Venipede! IVs are xx/31/31/xx/xx/31. No Masuda Method.

taufik386

shiny budew hatched after 219 eggs

calm nature, natural cure ability

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20160113_100313_1_p_1-600x812.jpg[/img139]

Cyberra

pain in the ***
One electric beach hazard caught.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/793_zpscxdny0l4.jpg[/img139]

After 395 REs, I find a blue-tailed stunfisk. Was bloody hard to notice because of the way they're oriented on the screen. She's quiet and alert to sounds, with Limber. Not sure how much that ability does, since electric pokemon can't be paralyzed anyway...

Still searching for pachirisu.

Route 216 remains (still) at 3,800 REs. Riolu is at 300 eggs.

Edit: ...I'm an idiot... I only just realized that four of the shinies I've caught this month (magneton, geodude, sandshrew, and dugtrio) qualify for the January community hunt. So, community hunt complete x4?

Last edited:

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
So way back in 2010 when the Enigma Stone event was a thing, I caught Shiny Latias in my SoulSilver after less than 20 resets. It was the night before my birthday, so I was pretty ecstatic, especially since Latias had always been one of my favorite pokemon. One of the reasons I've loved the Lati twins so much is because one of the only events I got as a child was the original Eon Ticket (the one you needed an E-Reader for). Pretty much half of my R/S experience was with my Lati twins, causing them to hold a special place in my heart.

Unfortunately, I didn't have an English version of HeartGold when the Enigma Stone event was active, so I didn't get the chance to SR for Latios at the time. I could've done it in BW2, but I was in college so I didn't have time to endlessly SR. Back in August, though, I started a Shiny BadgeQuest with my new copy of AlphaSapphire and it just so happened that as I was going for my 5th shiny before Petalburg Gym I also happened to get the Eon Ticket Streetpassed to me when I went to go get Hoopa at McDonalds. Naturally, I decided my next target would be Latios, and to my great surprise and glee, last night after less than a thousand Run Aways, this beauty graces my screen:

qQHltnE.jpg

LOEtmd2.jpg

I was so shocked and excited that I was shaking as I tried to catch him. Though he had proved a bit annoying to catch in my test runs, he was wonderfully easy to catch this time around, taking a mere 4 Premier balls. Also wonderful is that my Timid Sync worked and that he has 31's in HP, Def, and Sp. Atk <3 <3 <3 His speed is a bit low (11 IV) but he's still it's by far one of my favorite shinies and I can't get enough seeing him pop out on my screen. I've named him Apollo, as I think of the Eon Twins as representing light in a certain manner.

Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies and good luck to those with difficult hunts!!! :D

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Encountered my first shiny after receiving the Shiny Charm in Alpha Sapphire on Route 121 in a shiny Elgyem, caught it without too much fuss with just a Quick Ball. Congrats to anyone who has caught a shiny (particularly SheroGH for reclaiming that Zapdos) and good luck to those still hunting.

taufik386

replacing budew with klink, after only 60 eggs, i got shiny klink

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20160114_092131_1_p_1-480x649.jpg[/img139]

i hunt for its HA, but got Plus instead. i think i'll continue this hunting.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Still hunting pachirisu in the electric safari. Found galvantula instead. She's hardy and likes to thrash about, with Compound Eyes. Will send her to Artnerd later.

Route 216 is at 4,000 REs. Riolu is at 470 eggs.

NitroLightningFlash

Hey fellow shiny hunters! Long time no see, haven't been here in this thread for a while, how's everybody doing? Congrats on all recent shinies!! :3

Decided to pick up shiny hunting again after restarting Alpha Sapphire, after a break. My last shiny was Larvesta who i got back in 29th September 2015.

After a lot of thought; i decided to try and hunt for a shiny Ponyta on Route 112 in my new Alpha Sapphire file (Rapidash is my favorite fire type Pokemon).

I have my Jolly synchronizer at the front of my party (fainted since it's only Level 1 and all ^^; ). I can't wait until Ponyta shows up. My last DexNav encounter was on 26th September last year (Vulpix at 78 DexNav encounters) and i hope this hunt goes well for my first hunting project of 2016 :D

Good luck on all hunts! ^^

Last edited:

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
congrats on the many shinies since my last post!!
since then i've gotten a shiny illumise, mm, 184 eggs.
I ALSO GOT THE SHINY CHARM AND OVAL CHARM!

so im back to trying to reclaim my shiny ha volbeat.
good luck all!
if crescent isle ever shows up i'll try to reclaim cresselia too.

serpent222

Congrats on all of the shinies in the past two weeks. I only managed one since my last update, but I'm very pleased. After 430 eggs, I ended up with a shiny Nidoran. And it is was a male, just like I was hoping. Considering I have three shiny females already, I would have been very displeased if my hunt ended with one of those.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Not much in shiny news from me lately, even though I've been playing AlphaSapphire to fill up the pokedex and get ready for the Elite 4. I did get a shiny sharpedo on a fishing chain the other day, but I sent it to Wonder Trade.