• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Phillies

Congratulations to everyone who got new shinies recently.

Its been a few weeks since I posted but I have managed a good haul since then. In the last 2 weeks I managed to catch the following pokemon Excadrill, Bronzong, Rhydon, Smeargle, Lillipup, Kecleon, 4 Pikachu, 5 Rhyhorn, Corsola & Palpitoad.

Good luck to everyone on any current and future hunts.

taufik386

congrats everyone on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting.

so, after torchic i masuda chimchar for my next target.
like always, i collect 30 eggs then hatch them later.
and at the eggs of 133, i got shiny chimchar with iron fist ability.

then i continue hatch the rest. and guess what, i got another shiny chimchar. 11 eggs after the first one. the 2nd chimchar got blaze ability.

it looks like my lucky monday is back :D

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/PhotoGrid_1453695546567.jpg[/img139]

edit

move from chimchar in OR to ekans in AS. 70 eggs later, shiny ekans hatched :D

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20160125_141713_TR_021_1-480x665.jpg[/img139]

another CH completed

Last edited:

Bumblebee5253

Hive Master
Hey everyone, I'm back with 4 More Shinies!

The first one was a really sucky hunt, I got a Durant after 578 Horde Encounters. I was going for Geodude, but shiny Durant doesn't look half bad.

The next one was a nice suprise, but first, a sob story. Get your tissues Shiny Hunters.

One day, I was trying the PokeRadar again for the first time in a great while. I wanted to chain Riolu. I made it to a 37 chain when I heard a Shiny patch, but I couldn't see it, so, being so close to 40 I just decided to reset over it. Later, a bit after I had hit the 40 chain, another Shiny patch popped up! It was like two spaces away from me and I was like "Oh baby yes! Finally!" (I was excited to get another Radar Shiny, plus I've wanted a Shiny Riolu for about 4 1/2 years now). I walk towards the patch, heart thumping hard inside my chest, I step into it, aaaaandd!

"Huh? There doesn't seem to be any Pokemon around...."

Heart = Crushed. I had stepped into the patch below it thinking it was the correct one. Fml.
"What does this have to do with your Shiny, though?" You might be asking. Well, afterwards I was vigilant and was resetting to start another Riolu chain, when the silhouette of something other than Riolu popped up. I was mad because now I couldn't even start a Riolu chain, but then it sparkled. Random Shiny Diggersby! I was sad it was Diggersby, but his Shiny isn't half bad!

My next two I caught today, Clauncher and Staryu. Both Chain Fishing, 8 CF and 56 CF respectively. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Community Hunt Complete!

If I am mistaken that's pretty embarassing, it's Gen 1 Pokemon, right? Which Staryu is.

Anyways, congrats to everyone who's caught a Shiny since my last post, keep on hunting!
~ Bumblebee

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Second shiny wartortle found in the water safari, this one at 3,102 REs. Male, lax, capable of taking hits, and has his HA, Rain Dish. Will save him for Artnerd.

That's community hunt complete x7, I think...

Route 216 remains at 5,600 REs.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Today, I officially begin Day 1 of my Dragon Safari hunt in Y. I hunted in a Safari of Gabite, Dragonair and Sliggoo and additionally I have other other Dragon Safaris but today I only hunted in that one. Nothing shined, so I'll continue.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
FINALLY, I finished updating the CH completion list for now xD

Anyway, if any of you has ideas for February CH, PM me with the idea :)

We'll do the voting in 2-3 days, if there's enough ideas to start the voting.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
After 1051 REs in a Rock safari, I found myself a shiny Onix. It's female, Adamant nature, Rock Head ability, with IVs of 31 in HP, Defence and Special Defence.

Also, if it counts, first Community Hunt Complete!

EDIT: 60 encounters later in a Ground Safari, and a Shiny Gastrodon appeared. Male, Serious nature, Sticky Hold ability, IVs of 31 in Special Attack and Special Defence.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I've been hatching Ledyba eggs en masse this afternoon, but no shiny has hatched so far from this batch. I did some fishing for shinies in Omega Ruby as well last night but I didn't get lucky with that, so I might just stick to hatching eggs for now until I get the shiny Ledyba. ^^;

umbreonfan3636

Congrats to halcyonXIII on Metang, Flo on Chinch, Cpchris on Lapras (this is definitely a future hunt of mine), Cyberra on Golett, Phillies on Exadrill, Bronzong, Rhydon, Smeargle, Lillipup, Kecleon, Pikachu, Rhyhorn, Corsola, and Palpitoad, taufik386 on Chimchar, and Ekans, Bumblebee5253 on Durant, Diggersbee, Clauncher, Staryu, and the ash man83 on Onix and Gastrodon!!!

So I was watching the new X-Files tonight and look what popped up!

[img139]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/umby_3636/FullSizeRender_zpsxmreb1oh.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Charmander on my new Fire Red version! This has been a dream shiny of mine for a long time (how long has it been since FR/LG came out? haha), now I am debating whether I want to start a badge quest on this game or maybe trade this Charmander over to my Ruby and count it towards that one.

Good luck everyone, especially Crimson Penguin, Cpchris, Supremacy, SheroGH, and Keane!

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Cyberra on Golett, taufik386 on both Chimchar and Ekans, Bumblebee5253 on Diggersby, umbreonfan3636 on Charmander (speaking of future hunts…Now current for me :p), and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats and for the good luck, umbreonfan3636 :)

-----------

I have the Lapras video up and ready!

One of the things I’m sort of hoping for is to find a shiny on February 29. I generally don’t care TOO much about holiday shinies (it’s still fun to get shinies on holidays, but then…It’s ALWAYS fun to get shinies), but being the unique date it is and only getting the chance once every 4 years, it’d be neat to have a shiny with that date! It falls on a Monday this year, so perhaps I’ll have off of work and can really work at it…

Lapras has been EV trained and leveled up to 100. Now whenever I get that final Cyndaquil, if I haven’t found Charmander by then, I’ll just keep hunting on my main file for Charmander while working on my side hunts just to make sure I get it on that file first. It’s all fallen into place! That hunt is currently at 500 SRs, and unlike Lapras, does go a bit slower than my REs. I get maybe about 60-70% encounters of Charmander done compared to my REs. It’s not that bad though. Black 2 is at 6,200 REs and Platinum is at 4,400 REs.

Good luck, everyone (especially umbreonfan3636, Keane, SheroGH, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, ChaoticInverse, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
Recently i have been SR'ing for Regice in OR pretty steadily for about 5 days. Today i managed to encounter one but to my dismay i jumped the gun and SR'd over it before realizing. I continued on SR'ing and less than 100 later i encountered a second, this one i caught in an ultra ball after a little bit. Modest sync failed, but it did get rash so i can still work on the sp.attk although i dont plan to use it competively. My next target will be Registeel at least until the CH is decided.

Gratz on on all recent shinies and good luck on all hunts!

[img139]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/agoff4/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsp8nmukvk.jpg[/img139]

Cyberra

pain in the ***
THIRD shiny wartortle found in the water safari. Male, again, mild and somewhat vain, with Torrent. This bibarel is being elusive. Not that I'm complaining (yet) after the short hunts. Saving him for Artnerd.

Route 216 is still at 5,600 REs. Shellos is at 120 eggs.

Edit: And I got my sparklebeaver.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/826_zpsb5soxpea.jpg[/img139]

After 3,579 REs, bibarel shines. He's male, rash, capable of taking hits, and he got his HA, Moody.

Gonna go float around another ghost safari next and try to catch phantump.

Edit #2: Another short hunt.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/829_zpsecapv7rp.jpg[/img139]

Shiny east sea shellos after 181 eggs. She's bold and capable of taking hits, with Storm Drain. Gonna train her and evolve her, then I'm gonna send a bouffalant forward from Black 2 and breed it shiny.

Last edited:

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
I was bored and whilst i was lostening to music i horde for axew and after 2 hours i for it.

Smack bang in the middle and was a female. I named it b00ty since i use to call my axews buhm-buhm xD

Will post a photo when i can :D

TVDex

Been a while since I've posted here. Took a long break from hunting but this month I've been back at it. Managed to get two shiny Squirtles from MM. One in 4 eggs, the other at 87 eggs. After that I had some luck with hordes claiming three shiny Hopips (not a single Psyduck :( ) and most recently a shiny Whismur. Currently fish chaining for Magikarp and damn this little fish does not wanna sparkle for me.

free7694

Went to Ever Grande City to fish out a Corsola for my National Dex and figured might as well chain and see if I could find a shiny while I was at it. Found the Corsola (only 5% encounter rate with the Super Rod) after a bit, decided to continue until I broke the chain and after 42 encounters, shiny Luvdisc appeared, and it was holding a Heart Scale to boot! Now, back to filling out the Dex, only a couple hundred more Pokemon to go.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Managed to get myself my shiny Aron she's called ruby lonely natured with rock head ability she's going to replace metagross so training up her and oddish now for 8th gym.

taufik386

i finally got shiny dedenne. it hatched after 1750 eggs. Now i can masuda the next target from gen 6, skiddo.

another shiny that i hatched today was charmander. after chimchar, i masuda for it. it's the last fire starter to breed.
it hatched after 38 eggs only.
next target are water starter from gen 6, froakie

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/dedecharm.jpg[/img139]

congrats everyone on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
Continuing on from my Shiny Onix a couple of days ago, I carried on exploring the Rock safari and after 867 encounters, found a Shiny Rhydon. Another male, LightningRod ability, Mild nature, oustanding potential with IVs of 31 in Defense, Sp Attack and Sp Defence.

Debating whether to continue and get the trio (meaning going after Nosepass), or switching safari.

Oh, and I guess second Community Hunt Complete!

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I did have a nice picture of my beautiful golden birdie Swablu in my Y version but it refused to upload, it got stuck at 90% then froze so no Shiny yellow Swablu picture. She's got her HA of Cloud Nine and is Timid, not sure if that's a good personality to have but hey Shiny Swablu is another one I've always wanted to get. Also can't add it from the computer, the camera I use to take the pictures makes them huge I'm talking like 5 megs a picture and this site refuses to upload something that big. Her name is Goldie and I Everstoned her to level 44 so she could learn Dragon Pulse, now I just wait for the next level for her to evolve and I have my own Shiny Altaria.

EDIT:

So the picture did work after all. *cough*

e2c141b3-778b-4537-ae91-0ce65632aaf1_zpsgykxzimy.jpg

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I did have a nice picture of my beautiful golden birdie Swablu in my Y version but it refused to upload, it got stuck at 90% then froze so no Shiny yellow Swablu picture. She's got her HA of Cloud Nine and is Timid, not sure if that's a good personality to have but hey Shiny Swablu is another one I've always wanted to get. Also can't add it from the computer, the camera I use to take the pictures makes them huge I'm talking like 5 megs a picture and this site refuses to upload something that big. Her name is Goldie and I Everstoned her to level 44 so she could learn Dragon Pulse, now I just wait for the next level for her to evolve and I have my own Shiny Altaria.

Timid is a okay nature :) congrats

Anyway my hunt for shiny lugia continues which it refuses to to shine for me. I have done about 3,360 srs so far which still stacking up which there is no love in the luck of sr town but not giving up ^_^

Good luck to people still hunting and congrats on everyone since the last post got there shinies ^_^