• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

taufik386

i'm so trolled this morning (it's morning here)

froakie appeared so quickly, only 3 eggs. but it got the wrong ability :D
even it got 6IV

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/PhotoGrid_1453971993214.jpg[/img139]

i'll continue this hunting.

edit
shiny bagon hatched after 433 eggs

[img139]http://s19.postimg.org/eg18qj1kz/Photo_Grid_1453979241424.jpg[/img139]

edit 2

shiny skiddo hatched after 82 eggs

[img139]http://s19.postimg.org/5udlgnphf/Photo_Grid_1454012641663.jpg[/img139]

next i'll go for gible as the replace for bagon, and feebas for skiddo

congrats for everyone recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Found a shiny golurk in the ghost safari. It's mild and mischievous, with Klutz. I'm personally of the opinion that Klutz is the absolute worst ability, even worse than Regigigas' Slow Start. I'll be saving it for Artnerd later.

Diamond's Route 216 is at 6,200 REs. Bouffalant is at 250 eggs.

Edit: and only 29 encounters after golurk, a second shiny golurk pops up >.< This one is quiet and likes to thrash about, again with Klutz.

Edit #2: THIRD shiny golurk found in the ghost safari o.o The heck is happening here?! This one is lonely and somewhat vain, with its HA, No Guard.

Edit #3: After 360 eggs, I find this staring out of the screen at me.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/834_zpscphgjuhz.jpg[/img139]

Shiny bouffalant. He's adamant and likes to thrash about, with Sap Sipper. I'm going to train him a bit, then switch targets.

Next MM may be another rebreed, either phione or maybe litwick.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, I was off on vacation from work this week, so I did some quad hunting and got some good results.

First in my OmegaRuby, I did some horde spamming in the cave on Dewford Island, in the hopes of getting a mawile, and wound up with another shiny zubat. Then I flew to the Safari Zone, hoping for shiny Wobbuffet, and in just two or three encounters (same game) I got a shiny psyduck. :) So that's community hunt complete x2!

Then in AlphaSapphire, I was hunting in the desert area, hoping to get a new shiny cacnea to replace the one I evolved, and got a shiny baltoy. At least that's a fresh shiny. :)

Then in SoulSilver, after MONTHS hunting outside Ecruteak City and the Bug Safari area, I found a shiny male nidoran. Community hunt complete x3!

I'm just hoping to get more additions to my shiny Rocketdex soon. O for 3 on the Team Rocket pokemon I was hoping for, but hey, four shinies isn't bad either. :) At least I was hoping for the nidoran, which I've been hunting for since before I became fixated on the Rocket hunt.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I finally hatched that shiny Ledyba I was after, which took 537 eggs to acquire hee hee. It wasn't as tedious as some of my other hunts, but I was impatient to get this shiny. I'll do some more fishing for shinies in Omega Ruby tomorrow or on Saturday if I have time. Thanks to everyone who wished me luck. :3

Hokker

got a shiny marrill last night. It is now an azumarill and is a golden beauty!
This morning on my first horde battle I got a shiny oddish. It is now a purple skinned bellossom!

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* Here we go again... Just found a fourth shiny golurk in that ghost safari. It's bashful and mischievous, with Iron Fist. Saving it for Artnerd, again.

Route 216 remains at 6,200 REs.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to tonyg44x on Regice, Cyberra on Shellos, TVDex on both Squirtle, taufik386 on Dedenne and Charmander and Froakie and Bagon, Cyberra on Bouffalant, wobbanut on Psyduck and Nidoran, Mrs. Oreo on Ledyba, and everyone else on your shinies!

-----------

I finally found another Rumble shiny on Monday. It’d been 258 runs since my last shiny, which is about 38.7k – 51.6k Pokemon seen. It was a Kakuna, which isn’t the most exciting, but it was just nice to finally have another Rumble shiny. 13 runs later on Tuesday, I got a second Tentacool :\

Finished the second HG file! Just going to capture Mewtwo and Lugia for whenever I hunt them on my main file, but other than that it’s all set to hunt a second Charmander on! 7 more files to go ;)

WHAAAAT. I can’t believe this :D Only 1,333 SRs and I’m now the proud owner of a shiny Charmander on my HeartGold! Found it on the 233rd SR for the day. Caught me so off guard when I looked down and saw it…Also, Community Hunt Complete x2!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/OuLoFJW.jpg[/IMG200]

Male, Serious nature, and has the following IVs: 0 – 22 – 0 – 5 – 14 – 28. Just gonna leave him as Charmander and hope I get a better one to evolve to Charizard! Still so happy with it :D Charmander was my favorite pokemon before I even liked pokemon. Back when it had just started getting popular in the US, my friends had some cards in binders and were looking at them on the school bus. I knew next to nothing about pokemon at that point, but when they were flipping through the pages of their cards, I saw the Charmander card it was instantly my favorite…15+ years later and I now have a shiny one :p

Hm…I’m half tempted to just move right on to Mewtwo o_O. I’m really not that sick of SRing yet, especially with Charmander being so quick…So part of me is saying to move right on to Mewtwo while I’m in the habit of SRing (and have only done ~8.7k SRs for these two recent shinies), but part of me is saying to get two Voltorb and maybe Magikarp first…Mewtwo would also be one of the last SR targets I have in mind atm (I want to get to some fossils at some point, but not yet), so it would make sense to just get it out of the way now and then be done with SRing for a while…

Good luck, everyone (especially umbreonfan3636, Keane, SheroGH, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, ChaoticInverse, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Bananarama

The light is coming
Congratulations to everyone on your shinies!

I've decided to try to SR for a starter in my SoulSilver version. I don't care which one I get as long as it's shiny. I might even get a little ambitious and make this a badge quest.

Good luck to everyone on your shiny hunts!

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Was randomly trying to run into a shiny cubchoo but found a shiny Vanillite, its rash nature, gonna go for Reshiram now and hopefully it won't take as long

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to tonyg44x on Regice, Cyberra on Shellos, TVDex on both Squirtle, taufik386 on Dedenne, Charmander, Froakie, Bagon and Skiddo, Cyberra on all the Gollurk and Bouffalant, wobbanut on Psyduck and Nidoran, Mrs. Oreo on Ledyba, Cpchris with Charmander, TheShinyLunatone on Magikarp, Hokker with Marril and Oddish and to SmeargleRocks with Vanillite

After over a week of soft resetting, Azelf finally decided to shine. Rash nature with perfect IV´s for DEF, Sp. DEF and Speed. I named it Nokon which is Japanese for dark blue.

Good luck to all future shinies

Last edited:

TVDex

Congratulations to everyone on your shinies!

I've decided to try to SR for a starter in my SoulSilver version. I don't care which one I get as long as it's shiny. I might even get a little ambitious and make this a badge quest.

Good luck to everyone on your shiny hunts!

Good luck, I've been SRing for one as well the last couple of days. Just over 3.5k resets and nothing so far for me. This is by far my longest hunt for a SS/HG starter with my other three hunts (all totodiles) ending under 1k resets.

I've also been hunting on Alpha Sapphire for a shiny Torchic and I've gone over odds for that. Starting to wonder which one of these hunts will last longer lol

I can't really complain though, I've had some great luck this month so I was due for a few longer hunts xD

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Today is my second day of Dragon Safari shiny hunting. I did a couple of random encounters still in the Safari of Dragonair, Gabite and Sliggoo from last time. Yet no shiny. Hope I find a shiny soon.

Demonslayer492

Got it Memorized?
Finally after 2 weeks of hunting since I got my Shiny Zapdos, Articuno was finally light enough to catch. I was watching Wittzgirl on Twitch. Now that triple completes the community hunt of January with all 3 birds done in a month. Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno are done. Now it's time to hunt Kyorge andRayquaza as soon as I replace the Internal battery. Sadly I can't find a CE2025 battery and Tri-wing screwdriver in stores anywhere

TVDex

Finally after 2 weeks of hunting since I got my Shiny Zapdos, Articuno was finally light enough to catch. I was watching Wittzgirl on Twitch. Now that triple completes the community hunt of January with all 3 birds done in a month. Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno are done. Now it's time to hunt Kyorge andRayquaza as soon as I replace the Internal battery. Sadly I can't find a CE2025 battery and Tri-wing screwdriver in stores anywhere

Congrats! I plan to hunt the bird trio sometime soon too.

Also you should try looking on ebay or amazon for the battery and Tri-wing. I got my Tri-wing pretty cheap on ebay a few years back.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
So yesterday I collected 13 full boxes of Tyrunt eggs.
Today, I started hatching them.

One just shined.
Guess which number? #15.
15 out of 390 eggs.
For all I know, I may have more shinies in this group though.

It is Outstanding with 31 IV's in HP, Attack, Special Defense, and Speed. SO CLOSE to my 5 IV (missing special attack) Tyrantrum I am using to breed. (I would have LOVED to have hatched my first self-hatched 5 IV shiny, but 4 IV's is really nice as well).
It is Lonely as well. Not too bad.

TVDex

So yesterday I collected 13 full boxes of Tyrunt eggs.
Today, I started hatching them.

One just shined.
Guess which number? #15.
15 out of 390 eggs.
For all I know, I may have more shinies in this group though.

It is Outstanding with 31 IV's in HP, Attack, Special Defense, and Speed. SO CLOSE to my 5 IV (missing special attack) Tyrantrum I am using to breed. (I would have LOVED to have hatched my first self-hatched 5 IV shiny, but 4 IV's is really nice as well).
It is Lonely as well. Not too bad.

Congrats. If you have the shiny charm I wouldn't be surprised if you got a second one like I did with Squirtle a little while ago.

Side note - My DS Lite just died on me so now I can't dual hunt anymore :(

Guess I'll have to replace it, this is like the third DS Lite to die on me!

taufik386

just hatched shiny caterpie after 226 eggs.
it got run away ability

[img139]http://s19.postimg.org/lt10erlqb/Photo_Grid_1454167735766.jpg[/img139]

another CH is complete

edit
i want to replace caterpie with kangaskhan, but i can't find my kang
everywhere, maybe in pokebank. but sometimes i'm too lazy to check LOL

so i hunt for it in glittering cave, and accidentally bump into shiny machop

edit2

shiny shinx hatched after 1236 eggs

[img139]http://s19.postimg.org/t4144mrib/Photo_Grid_1454182098577.jpg[/img139]

congrats everyones on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

Last edited:

tothewest88

Does anyone know if it's possible to obtain Shiny Burmy in all 3 of its forms? I've searched high and low on youtube, and can only find videos of people finding/hatching shiny burmy in its Plant Cloak, but not its Sandy Cloak or Trash Cloak. Currently trying to Masuda Method Sandy Cloak Shiny Burmy, but no luck after over 800 eggs. >.< I'd love to be the first person to have a youtube video finding a Sandy Cloak Burmy!