• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Does anyone know if it's possible to obtain Shiny Burmy in all 3 of its forms? I've searched high and low on youtube, and can only find videos of people finding/hatching shiny burmy in its Plant Cloak, but not its Sandy Cloak or Trash Cloak. Currently trying to Masuda Method Sandy Cloak Shiny Burmy, but no luck after over 800 eggs. >.< I'd love to be the first person to have a youtube video finding a Sandy Cloak Burmy!

If they're hatching as Sand Cloak Burmy then yes you should be able to hatch a Shiny Sand Cloak Burmy.

Hopefully it doesn't take you too much longer, but i've seen MM hunts go into the thousands.

Ascended Dialga

I WTed my Arcanine away today, and I got a shiny Ninetales in return! It's in a Master Ball, Calm nature, IVs are 19/7/31/13/31/3.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Good luck on that shinx which I feel you I haven't re in so long but when I did I remember reing for shiny litwick which never shined btw :( I re so many counters I lost track but I commend you good luck ^_^

Anyway still sring lugia still nothing which I am at a wooping 1,375 srs my luck for sring always be horrible last time I sred was my soul silver version for moltres over 3,000+ srs and nothing. I am not giving up though!

good luck to other hunts and congrats on the new shinies ^_^

Thanks <3! You should go back to Litwick someday, its such a nice shiny :] Good luck on Lugia.

---------

Well, it seems like I'm paying for that amazing luck I had earlier. Closing in on 14k encounters and no golden Shinx in sight :[ I knew this would happen after that amazing run of luck but I'm still determined to get that Shinx! After all this, it better end up with Intimidate lol. I'm still waiting on Jynx's dress to turn pink at Giant Chasm, I'm now at 5k+ encounters there hopefully she shines for me soon.

Gratz on all the recent shinies, especially Cpchris on Lapras and Charmander, umbreonfan3636 on Charmander and Demonslayer492 on Articuno! Good luck everyone!

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Changing a Shiny Plant cloak Burmy into a Sand one or Trash one is not hard, just take it with you in a cave for the sand cloak, let it fight or just pop out then take it right back out, and for the Trash cloak you only need to be in a building like the Battle Chateau, Maison, or Secret base. Or whatever building you can find if not playing the sixth gen games.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Paraqua on Azelf, Demonslayer492 on Articuno, oarfish on Tyrunt, taufik386 on Caterpie and Machop and Shinx, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, Paraqua and Supremacy :)

-----------

The video for my shiny Charmander is ready!

That’s 4 shinies in January…Pretty good considering I didn’t hunt at all for 1/3 of the month! (But then I have to wonder…If 2/3 of the month got me 4 shinies, what could that other 1/3 have gotten me?!) It ties me for 2014 and puts me 3 ahead of 2015.

Decided to hunt Mewtwo next. I don’t want to jinx anything, but it shouldn’t be too bad of a capture. It has a total of 60 PP, so even trying to catch it in a regular Pokeball should be feasible in the end. If I sleep it every turn and assume it sleeps about 3 turns per sleep and factoring in turns I’ll need to drop health, switch mons, recover HP and PP, I should be able to get about 125-150 Pokeballs, which unless I’m really unlucky, should be enough attempts to snag a capture. One thing I’m a little worried about is that my plan is to give Rattata 1 HP and use Endeavor. Its speed stat is 229. Mewtwo’s highest possible speed at its current level is…229(.57). So in the event the shiny happens to have 31 speed IVs and a +speed nature, I might run into some problems. I also don’t plan to bring anything with the move trick since I’m counting on not having such awful luck that I run out of turns, but hopefully it’s not a big risk. In a test that I did, I caught Mewtwo on the 55th Pokeball, and it had only used 23/60 PP (2% chance a Pokeball will stick, so roughly 1 in every 50 Pokeballs).

Black 2 is at 7,600 REs, Platinum is at 5,800 REs, and HeartGold is at 200 SRs.

Good luck, everyone (especially Supremacy, umbreonfan3636, Keane, SheroGH, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, ChaoticInverse, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Thanks <3! You should go back to Litwick someday, its such a nice shiny :] Good luck on Lugia.

---------

Well, it seems like I'm paying for that amazing luck I had earlier. Closing in on 14k encounters and no golden Shinx in sight :[ I knew this would happen after that amazing run of luck but I'm still determined to get that Shinx! After all this, it better end up with Intimidate lol. I'm still waiting on Jynx's dress to turn pink at Giant Chasm, I'm now at 5k+ encounters there hopefully she shines for me soon.

Gratz on all the recent shinies, especially Cpchris on Lapras and Charmander, umbreonfan3636 on Charmander and Demonslayer492 on Articuno! Good luck everyone!

Your very most welcome :) and thank you for the good luck! I need as much as possible because my last luck with soft reset didn't go so well :/

Anyway been about two weeks soft resetting which I am at 3,830 srs with no luck I am seriously have a feeling it may be 10k by the time it shines how this is going XD I am not giving up! Btw guys I know its low for two weeks but I work that is why :p

Good luck to all hunting still and congrats to everyone that posted all there new shinies they got. ^_^

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Another quick hunt.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/835_zpsxkzikhpa.jpg[/img139]

After only 142 eggs, I get my shiny litwick. She's timid and somewhat vain, with Flash Fire. Gonna get her trained and evolved once I finish today's leg of the FS hunt.

New target is a phione rebreed.

Route 216 is at 6,600 REs; there was a major power outage due to a nasty storm today, so I had time to hunt and I hunted. Phione is at 10 eggs.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
So, here are all the ideas for next month's CH. We have quite a lot this time xD

As usual, PM me your vote :D

#1, Pink & Red hunt

How about some pink and red Pokemon? I was thinking Luvdisc since it's a heart shape and it's Valentine's Day. But Pink and Red Pokemon seem to be a broader base for hunting.

#2, Leap Year hunt

Leap Year Hunt: Since this year is a leap year and February has 29 days, we could do a hunt for Pokemon with a dex number that's a multiple of 29. Whether or not we do families of these pokemon (and in the case of female Nidoran, extend it to the male Nidoran family as well), can be up to other people :)
Here is the list of pokemon whose dex number is a multiple of 29:

29. Nidoran (F)
58. Growlithe
87. Dewgong
116. Horsea
145. Zapdos
174. Igglybuff
203. Girafarig
232. Donphan
261. Poochyena
290. Nincada
319. Sharpedo
348. Armaldo
377. Regirock
406. Budew
435. Skuntank
464. Rhyperior
493. Arceus
522. Blitzle
551. Sandile
580. Ducklett
609. Chandelure
638. Cobalion
667. Litleo
696. Tyrunt

#3, Gen 2 hunt

I liked that kanto idea which was cool and had many choices to hunt I think we should continue that in February with generation 2 :)

#4, Kisser hunt

With Valentines day being in February, a day of love and affection. How about we hunt for Pokemon that learn kissing moves? So, Sweet Kiss, Lovely Kiss and Draining Kiss.

We can also throw in Pokemon that learn Charm to add more variety since not a lot of Pokemon learn kissing moves.

#5, "Leap = Jump" hunt

Hi, I was wondering, since February marks the leap year, how about searching for pokemon that can learn bounce (including by move tutor), jump kick, or hi jump kick?

#6, Love Animation hunt

February is the month of love, so how about if we hunt pokemons that can learn moves which have LOVE/HEART sign
in the battle effect/animation.

Here's the lists that i know :
Attract, Charm, Covet, Disarming Voice, Heart Stamp, Lovely Kiss, Play Nice, Play Rough, Sweet Kiss.

(Feel free to add the lists if there's more)

Exception for Attract, since almost every pokemons can learn it by TM, so we just hunt the pokemons that can learn it by lv up/breeding only.

taufik386

mother kang is nice to me. she decide to appear after 22 eggs only.

[img139]http://s19.postimg.org/h5h67ru83/Photo_Grid_1454224190076.jpg[/img139]

congrats everyones for your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies!

Wow, I haven't posted here in a long time... school (and life in general) is kicking my butt this year, so I haven't been able to hunt nearly as much as I'd like. >_< And when I have gotten the chance, I've come up empty. No shinies for me since Trevenant way back on the 3rd. Right now my hunts stand at 1600 REs for Vulpix, 3200 REs on Route 111, 3300 SRs for Volcarona, and 1400 RAs for Latios. I've barely made any progress on Vulpix, since I can only do a 100% repel trick during the day, but I don't get home from school until 5 or 6 which means I can only hunt it on the weekends. ;_; Otherwise I've been making slow but steady progress on my other hunts - really hoping I get something soon.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

TVDex

Wow, this Torchic SR hunt on ORAS is close to becoming my second longest hunt ever. I bred over 4k eggs for Charmander and I did 13k resets for Latios in B2 but this Torchic is already about to go over odds twice!

So frustrating considering every other SR for a start has always come under 3.5k for me xD But I will not give up!!

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
Community hunt complete!! With an hour and a half to go... I was hoping for something to shiny on my copy of Soul Silver for my badge quest, but I've gone over odds now and no luck. Oh well, I don't have a shiny Jiggles yet and she's super cute!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBOB8c-Fzjf/

EDIT: I've been lurking on here for a while, I haven't posted for a long time because my anxiety got so bad I became too nervous to post on the thread... But I think I'm ready to start posting again. I'm really excited to see what February's hunt will be!

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
My Japanese LeafGreen continues to amaze me. After I got my shiny Zapdos, I went back to my fishing attempts in hopes of a shiny Staryu/Krabby. I was having a rough work week, so I used hunting to take my mind off of it.

Back on the 24th, I was talking to a buddy on another site when he left. I decided to log off the forum and focus on my fishing hunt. Three minutes later, I cast out my rod and got into battle:

[IMG139]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/JpnLG/IMG_0597_zpsf542ltfb.jpg[/IMG139]

With a shiny Krabby :D! I had just complained before I left that it was taking forever to shine, and a few minutes later there were sparkles. While it wasn't my main target, shiny Krabby is a shiny I don't have. The battle was easy, just tossed a Ultra Ball at it and it was mine.

Shiny Krabby
Stats

I've since started SRing for a shiny Kabuto. It is a shiny I've been after for quite a long time, I was SRing for it in FireRed/LeafGreen a couple years ago and never got it. I'm currently sitting at 800 SRs for it and hoping it shines soon.

Congrats to Archangel Armada, taufik386, Alexander18, 955561976, Flo, ShadowSylveon, Azulart, halcyonXlll, Cpchris, Bumblebee5253, umbreonfan3636, tonyg44x, TVDex, Vale_Star, Mr Ducks, wobbanut, Mrs. Oreo, Hokker, Paraqua, Demonslayer492, oarfish, CharlieDoryRose and everyone else on their new shinies.

Phillies

Congratulations to everyone on their recent shinies.

I managed to catch 2 Girafarig & 2 Doduo this week

Good luck to everyone in the coming weeks.

I just caught a Helioptile.

Last edited:

Bumblebee5253

Hive Master
Congrats to Cyberra for the Litwick, taufik386 for the Kangaskhan, CharlieDoryRose for Jigglypuff, and Twilit Dragoon on Krabby! Also, some of you guys are on some painfully long hunts, I really hope your targets start shining soon!

As for me, as of last week, I've been trying to complete my National Dex on my AlphaSapphire (18 Pokemon away, w00t w00t!), so I've been catching a lot of Pokemon on my X version to Bank over to my AS, and when I was looking for a Karrablast a Random Shiny Drapion appeared! I was pretty stoked, his colors are way cool. Named him Bloodlust!

And just earlier today I was hunting in a Fire Friend Safari, and caught myself a Shiny Growlithe after 96 Random Encounters! So nice to have my hunting drought over, even though it's only been a week and a half ;). That also means Community Hunt Complete x2! Right on time, because where I live, February is only 8 hours away! Another Pokemon for my Kanto Shiny Living Dex as well!

Also, the February hunt ideas all sound great! It'll be hard to pick one, next month will be fun!

Good luck everyone, and keep on hunting!

TheMaster327

Hey guys :) Been a while since my last post, so blanket congrats to everyone on their shinies :)

Well, the reason for my lengthy absence is purely due to the fact I'm in a drought. No Piplup yet in Platinum, and I'm approaching odds as I'm at 7,650 SRs now. I'm hoping I get it at least below 10k. 10k+ Sinnoh starter hunts are not fun.

Good luck everyone on your hunts!

Drummerdude

I had my first random encounter shiny since 2008 today.

I started my first Challenge Mode play through in B2/W2 and after a humiliating loss to Cheren I went to Floccessy Ranch to train. I was watching a Youtube Video so I didn't have the volume on or even see the sparkles but I happened to notice a Lillipup I encountered was slightly lighter in color but I figured it was just my eyes playing tricks on me. Even still I decided to catch it just to be on the safe side and sure enough it is indeed shiny! Honestly I had a smile on my face for about a hour just because of how unexpected and lucky it was. This is going to really mess up my team plans but I've never used a Shiny during the main game so I'm going to use it!

TVDex

Another night without my shiny Torchic :(

I've gone over odds a second time now, I really hope tomorrow is the day because I wanna be involved in whatever this next community hunt is! Good luck to everyone else having unusually long hunts.

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to Cyberra for the Litwick, taufik386 for the Kangaskhan, CharlieDoryRose for Jigglypuff, Twilit Dragoon on Krabby, Phillies with Girafarig, Doduo, and Helioptile, Bumblebee5253 with Drapion and Growlithe and to Drummerdude with Lilipup!

January 2016 has been quite a fruitfull month for shinies for me and even though February barely started, I managed to hatch my first shiny of the month. A shiny Spinarak after just 190 eggs. Female which I named Rachnea (After the Arachne girl from the anime Monster Musume), has the egg moves Electroweb and Megahorn, is Jolly nature through Everstone, has the Swarm abillity and perfect IV's in HP and ATK (Superior potential)

Good luck to TVDex for Torchic and to TheMaster327 for Piplup. May your shinies come soon.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Congrats to everyone since I last posted!

January was a VERY fruitful month for me. In addition to the other Shinies I've gotten before this post, I have gotten quite a few. First, I managed to hatch a Shiny Sableye at 510 eggs in my Alpha Sapphire Badge Quest . Then, at 595 Hordes, I was able to get a Shiny Skarmory in the same game. I randomly, then, decided to hunt in a Friend Safari and at 347 encounters, a Shiny Kecleon appeared. Then, I decided to horde hunt, and at 730 Hordes in my Y I got a Shiny Weepinbell. Then my Y decided to be a pain and after 1481 Friend Safari encounters, nearly triple the FS odds, I got a Shiny Frogadier. After that, I decided to do some more Chain Fishing. At a chain of 52, a Shiny Whiscash appeared. Then, at 65 in the same chain a Shiny Poliwhirl appeared. After that, the chain broke and at a chain of 7, a second Shiny Whiscash appeared. I switched to my Omega Ruby after that, and at a chain of 12 a Shiny Wailmer appeared. Then, at 19 in the same chain a Shiny Horsea appeared. At 10 in another chain, a second Wailmer appeared. Then I got another Wailmer on a chain of 25 after that one broke. Then a fourth at 3 in another. And a fifth at 50 in yet another. Aaaand a sixth at 8 in yet another. Then I actually got a second Shiny Horsea at 20 in another chain. But, then I ended the month with a seventh Shiny Wailmer. Forgot what number it came at, but it was a different chain. That means I got a total of 36 Shinies in January, nearly as many as I got in 2015 total.

tl;dr: I got a Shiny Sableye, a Shiny Skarmory, a Shiny Kecleon, a Shiny Weepinbell, a Shiny Frogadier, 2 Shiny Whiscash, a Shiny Poliwhirl, 2 Shiny Horsea, and 7 Shiny Wailmer for a grand total of 36 Shinies in January