• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

TVDex

why is everyone being more lucky then I am lol I am sring still after one over odds for lugia XD congrats though on that last regi ;) I still need to go for all three of them might get the charm after all with this long hunt for shiny lugia without charm :p

don't feel bad I am no where near your srs but I feel I may be in the same boat as you I went over my odds once already which still sring for lugia XD

congrats to all shinys and good luck to all hunts still going! I am still sring for lugia about 4,320 srs and I am still going I have some days off from work so my sr counts can go up faster now :3

I'll race you! :D

I feel like today is the day, I live in New York and it's snowing outside. Not gonna do anything but watch movies and Soft Reset in my warm bed. Good luck to you FairyWitch and everyone else who is struggling right now!

Edit: About 100 SRs later I finally got my shiny Torchic!!! This was my third longest hunt at just over 10k resets :D

Last edited:

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
So I know I said I was planning to do another MM hunt, but I've found Friend Safari hunting much easier to do for multitasking :p

So as a result, yesterday I came away with a female Fletchinder from a Fire safari, with Gale Wings. Nature is Hasty, with 31 IVs in Attack and Defence.

And today so far I've found a female Wobbuffet with Shadow Tag. This one's Quiet, but coincidentally also with max IVs in Attack and Defense. Nicknamed Smooch.

Going to spend the rest of my evening in another safari, hoping to find a shiny ghost of some description.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Well at 100 soft resets for Regirock so far and nothing yet, starting to remember why I haven't soft reset for a shiny legend in forever, think 300 was the most I've ever done lol

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to oarfish with both Ralts,taufik386 with Feebas and Druddigon, tonyg44x with Registeel, Supremacy with Jynx, Cyberra with Phione, TVDex with Torchic and to the ash man83 with Fletchinder and Wobbuffet.

More crazy luck with the Masuda method here.

Yesterday I decided to breed Porygon and after collecting 150 eggs and started hatching them, after just 21 eggs, a shiny Porygon hatched. I named it Commodore, is timid nature through everstone, has the ability Trace and has perfect IV´s in HP, Sp. Attack and Speed. Just 13 eggs later, a second shiny Porygon hatched. I named this one Macintosh and like Commodore, Macintosh has timid nature through everstone and has the ability Trace

Good luck to all future shinies =D

Cyberra

pain in the ***
A month late, I finally manage to complete the December CH XD;;;

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/856_zpsvrkgnvj5.jpg[/img139]

On the 7,968th RE of today's leg of the hunt, I see pink scrolling across my screen. Shiny sneasel! She's bold and highly curious, with Keen Eye, and is holding a grip claw.

Right now I'm back at the Solaceon Ruins, though I might go somewhere else to hunt. Not sure yet.

Staryu is at 100 eggs.

Edit: That didn't take too long.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/857_zpsmr4vudvn.jpg[/img139]

A silver starfish after only 202 eggs. It's timid and alert to sounds, and it did get its HA, Analytic. I'm going to train it, then give it a water stone.

New problem is figuring out what the heck I want to breed next.

Last edited:

shadowF

I've finally done it guys! First let me start that I always wanted my team to be shiny mega charizard X, shiny greninja and shiny latios, so when pokemon X came out I was able to masuda method and get Charmander and Froakie in shiny form and good natures so I was really excited when omega ruby came out, I bought it and after the first week of playing it I got all the way to the part where you do the cut scene for latios and from then on I just soft reseted. The only problem though was that each soft reset is 5 minutes long and I got this game November 2014. The only thing I have been doing all of 2015 till now was soft reset for this latios, I would sometimes post here and ask for advice and you guys would say to just keep at it so I did and It finally came through! thinking back now I should have gotten alpha sapphire for a faster chance of getting it and perhaps I would have enjoyed the game to the fullest, the only breaks I did was like getting the shiny rayquaza but the good news is that at least all those resets werent for nothing and now I can enjoy the game to the fullest, Thank you god and you guys too for supporting me! Also to anyone else dont give up! it took me more than a year to get my shiny but it came through in the end!

Last edited:
On Friday, I got the final member of my rainbow shiny team, A pinsir. I've IV trained him, and gave him all of his moves, now the last thing to do before I start testing the team out is to get a few tutor moves from oras for some of my pokemon
good luck, and congrats to everyone

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Alright guys here she is like I promised I got my shiny lugia last night 4,621 srs which she is bold nature with 31/31/31/x/x/x in heal ball and ONE heal ball thrown and that click :3 I will also be having a video upload next week on youtube when I get my new laptop in :3 I have alot of videos backed up that need to to upload to see my reactions XD

2AaNBM1.jpg

SSeE7QX.jpg

I plan on my next hunt will be shiny igglybuff in love ball wish me luck guys :3 so if any febuary community hunt begins lugia might be a hunt completed but this next one should blend in with at least 4 of the choices I think.

congrats and good luck to all hunts still going don't give up people that are sring trust me its worth the wait :3

Last edited:

taufik386

got a couple of gibles. the first one hatched after 633 eggs. It's male with rough skin. And the other is female, hatched after 657 eggs.

[img139]http://s19.postimg.org/qau62wzib/Photo_Grid_1454807837732.jpg[/img139]

edit

Awesome!! after 554 eggs, this guy popped out. and this time i got protean ability. nice!!
[img139]http://s19.postimg.org/hoqwibnib/Photo_Grid_1454832756481.jpg[/img139]

congrats for everyone's recent shinies andgood luck for your current hunting

Last edited:

TVDex

Well yesterday proved to be quite the day for me. After aquiring my shiny Torchic at over 10k soft resets I also managed to get a shiny Oddish (now a Gloom), Gogoat and Kakuna from the friend safari. I was hunting for shiny Ivysaur when I got the first two and then I was just checking out new safaris when I got the Kakuna.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Just found a second shiny lillipup in the friend safari. Female, lonely, somewhat vain, with PickUp. Gonna put her aside and give her to Artnerd later.

Still debating my next hunt... I might breed for wynaut, since I don't have shiny wobbuffet yet

Edit: Lillipup #3 at 987 REs. Another female, this one jolly and alert to sounds, with Run Away, its HA. This one I'm just gonna wonder trade.

Edit #3: ...and from that trade I got a shiny aggron o.o Male, adamant nature, capable of taking hits, with its HA, Heavy Metal. Apparently hatched in Hoenn.

Last edited:

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Was just trying to fill more of my pokedex up in Omega Ruby and I ran into a shiny Sealeo, it was during high tide in the second room you can enter and was in a dust cloud, odd thing is its lv44 and the 2 datatbases I checked say it can only be caught up to lv34, anyone got an idea why its 10 levels over?

Just uploaded the pictures
http://m.imgur.com/account/SmeargleRocks/images

Last edited:

Bumblebee5253

Hive Master
Odd thing is its lv44 and the 2 datatbases I checked say it can only be caught up to lv34, anyone got an idea why its 10 levels over?

It's ten levels over because every fifth encounter with the DexNav, the Pokemon goes ten levels up. Here's an example:

Enc. 1-4: Level 4
Enc. 5: Level 14
Enc. 6-9: Level 5
Enc. 10: Level 15

It just goes on like that forever, fifth encounter is + 10 levels, and every sixth encounter the base level goes up one.

--------------------------

Well, anyways, my shiny luck has been rough lately. At 1150 REs in a Fire Friend Safari, I've noticed a pattern going around, by the way, it's that almost every time someone goes into a Friend Safari and gets a Shiny quick (i.e. I got a Shiny Growlithe in 96 REs), there's like a cooldown on the odds after that (i.e. my hunt at 1150 REs), I don't know when they go back up, but they do. I've noticed this with many streamers luck as of late (aDrive, SMKGaming, OtakuHaven, GalacticElliot, etc.). Just figured I'd throw that out there :p.

So, the hunt I'm mainly working on is Geodude, with Hordes. Never thought I'd have such a problem with this, but I am. As I've posted here before, I got a shiny Durant at 579 Hordes looking for Geodude, and just yesterday I've gotten another Shiny Durant at 270 Hordes. Currently, I am at 321 Hordes for the third phase, I really hope Geodude shines soon, because this makes 1170 Hordes for my Geodude hunt. Wish me luck.

Speaking of which, good luck to you guys on all your hunts!

Bananarama

The light is coming
Congratulations to all on your shinies!

I'm still working on the Johto starters, but I found a completely random shiny Spearow just now in Leafgreen while training a Dratini! It's my second shiny in the entire game, after the Caterpie from last month.

Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Phillies

Congratulations to everyone who caught a new shiny this week.

I managed to catch the following shinies: Larvesta, 2 Helioptile, 2 Luxio & Dedenne.

Good luck to everyone on their current and future hunts.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I did some searching for shinies a few days ago in X version's Friend safari while I was home sick. I didn't find any shinies however even tho I spent hours hunting and had the Shiny Charm sadly, but this evening I've resumed doing some fishing for shinies on the Muraille Coast in X which I'm hoping will yield a shiny Clauncher or a shiny Staryu. :D

TheMaster327

I've now hit 10,000 SRs for Piplup. This hunt is taking a lot of resolve to continue, but I shall persevere! Congrats on the recent shinies and good luck to those still hunting :)

PKMN Trainer Gray

hi guys, its been a long long time since the last time i've posted
still hunting, actually im close to fill my second box of competitive shiny pokémon
gonna up date all of my shinies real soon
i just read a post mentioning twitch shiny hunters and wanted to ask or point something out...
does anyone else cringes every time you read or listen the phrase or name "Shiny Badge Quest"?
i mean WTF? isnt that stupidly redundant? i blame aDrive for that... hate that guy

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
does anyone else cringes every time you read or listen the phrase or name "Shiny Badge Quest"?
i mean WTF? isnt that stupidly redundant?

No, not really. I'm doing a Badge Quest on Soul Silver and I love it. It puts a new spin on shiny hunting, a bit like the community hunt. Having something specific to look for keeps me motivated, and I think it's a really fun idea. I've ended up looking on routes I wouldn't normally hunt on and trying different hunting styles (like saving up my Game Corner coins to SR for an Abra) which has broadened my hunting methods. :)

PKMN Trainer Gray

eh... i wasnt complaining about the BadgeQuest Challenge, ive done several on my games
im talking about the idiotic redundant name aDrive came with "SHINY BadgeQuest"
by definition the challenge of a BadgeQuest is to catch a shiny pokémon before every gym
but there comes aDrive and i still dont know from were he got the name, but he renamed it "SHINY BadgeQuest" that is what makes me cringe
as i said is stupidly redundant to call a BadgeQuest a "Shiny BadgeQuest"