• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
eh... i wasnt complaining about the BadgeQuest Challenge, ive done several on my games
im talking about the idiotic redundant name aDrive came with "SHINY BadgeQuest"
by definition the challenge of a BadgeQuest is to catch a shiny pokémon before every gym
but there comes aDrive and i still dont know from were he got the name, but he renamed it "SHINY BadgeQuest" that is what makes me cringe
as i said is stupidly redundant to call a BadgeQuest a "Shiny BadgeQuest"

Lol I feel this. Even though I watch his videos, I cringe every time he calls himself the 'shiny king' or anything of the like. He's very conceited for someone whose youtube success has been almost entirely predicated on dexnav and friend safari shinies. He rarely ever goes for a 1/4096 or 1/8192 shiny.

Hokker

Caught a shiny wingull yesterday when raising up by hode battle. Now I am trying for a shiny abra (by MM) for my daughter. Broncos rule!

TVDex

Lol I feel this. Even though I watch his videos, I cringe every time he calls himself the 'shiny king' or anything of the like. He's very conceited for someone whose youtube success has been almost entirely predicated on dexnav and friend safari shinies. He rarely ever goes for a 1/4096 or 1/8192 shiny.

To be honest none of the bigger twitch streamers go for the longer hunts because its too hard to keep a mass audience watching when you're constantly having to go days or even weeks without a shiny. Most people don't have the patience to hunt full odds let alone go over odds so why would they bother watching someone else do it. If you want success on Twitch as a Pokemon streamer you have to go for the shorter hunt and most of these guys are in it for the money.

Akko

Strawberry Sunrise
Hello everyone! Congrats to all those who have gotten their shinies since I last posted!

I've been hunting for a shiny Honedge on my X game for a little under a month now, using the repel trick and magnet pull method, and I caught her today! I was very lucky that it was a female (just what I wanted!) My sister was actually doing the hunt for me when it happened, because I was trying to chain hunt a shiny Sandslash for her on her Y game. She absolutely despises chain hunting with a passion so we decided to switch hunts to help each other out. She saw my shiny Honedge first, and quickly closed my 3ds so I could see it shine. At that point, I was one Sandslash away from being on a chain of 40. Once I got the last Sandslash, I closed her 3ds and caught my shiny Honedge! I went back to her hunt until I saw the shiny patch and handed it to her so she could walk into it and see it shine. A red shiny for a red shiny, not a bad trade off huh? lol ;D

Keep on hunting and good luck! ^_^

Mash

Still hunting for my shiny cressilia this will be about week 3..... I am so tempted to just catch this thing and put in my powersave and make this thing shiny myself *twitch* but I am fighting the power although my patience is wearing very thin lol

taufik386

shiny tympole hatched after 132 eggs. Bold nature, water absorb ability and good IV. missing Atk.
[img139]http://s19.postimg.org/ifklee08z/Photo_Grid_1454917228737.jpg[/img139]

edit

move from OR to Y, to breed the last pseudo, beldum.
didn't expecting it came so quickly.
it hatched after 22 eggs only, and more surprisingly, it has 6IV :eek:
[img139]http://s19.postimg.org/xqueezxkz/Photo_Grid_1454928285864.jpg[/img139]

edit #2
well. my another target has appeared after 692 eggs. :D
[img139]http://s19.postimg.org/y65o80jib/Photo_Grid_1454937178030.jpg[/img139]

congrats everyones for your recent shinies and good luck for your current hunting

Last edited:

TVDex

Still hunting for my shiny cressilia this will be about week 3..... I am so tempted to just catch this thing and put in my powersave and make this thing shiny myself *twitch* but I am fighting the power although my patience is wearing very thin lol

Thats exactly how I felt with my Torchic but trust me when you finally get it, it will feel amazing! If only because you get to move on and never have to worry about that particular pokemon ever again :D

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Congratulations to everyone's recent shinies, especially TVDex on that Torchic!

Well, I obtained 10 boxes of Gible eggs.
I am almost done hatching them, with no shinies yet.
I have been planning on MM'ing some of my more used Pokémon, including Gardevoir and Garchomp.
In other news, my first shiny Ralts is now a shiny Gardevoir in its level 70's. I plan on getting it to level 100 and then comparing it to my 5 IV non-shiny Gardevoir. (They are missing different stats, but they are both good.)

Good luck to everyone else!

Bumblebee5253

Hive Master
What's with all the hate for Twitch streamers? It's their job, they have to go for easier hunts to maintain an audience, so yeah, why wouldn't they be in it for the money? Aren't we all in jobs for the money? Except for them they usually make fluctuating amounts of money, which can sometimes mean they don't make enough money. Plus they interact and care for their viewers, not just because they need them to make money, but because they're grateful for them. The argument that Youtubers and Twitch streamers are "Only in it for the money, they don't care about you" is so stupid.

Anyways, after 1328 Hordes, and 3 Shiny Durant, I finally got my Shiny Geodude!! It came only 124 Hordes after the last Durant! I named her Victory, because I was finally victorious, and because I moved to Victory Road to get away from Durant hordes.

After that I tried my hand at DexNav for the first time, and I got really lucky! Thank you game for finally being merciful, because I got a Shiny Ponyta after only 98 DexNav Encounters! I named her Azula, because of the blue flames (A cookie goes to whoever gets that reference).

My current hunts now are:
Paras
DexNav - 67 Encounters

Johto Starter
Soft Reset - 800 SRs

And Bulbasaur
Masuda Method - 480 Eggs

Good luck to you all, and keep on hunting!

TVDex

What's with all the hate for Twitch streamers? It's their job, they have to go for easier hunts to maintain an audience, so yeah, why wouldn't they be in it for the money? Aren't we all in jobs for the money? Except for them they usually make fluctuating amounts of money, which can sometimes mean they don't make enough money. Plus they interact and care for their viewers, not just because they need them to make money, but because they're grateful for them. The argument that Youtubers and Twitch streamers are "Only in it for the money, they don't care about you" is so stupid.

Anyways, after 1328 Hordes, and 3 Shiny Durant, I finally got my Shiny Geodude!! It came only 124 Hordes after the last Durant! I named her Victory, because I was finally victorious, and because I moved to Victory Road to get away from Durant hordes.

After that I tried my hand at DexNav for the first time, and I got really lucky! Thank you game for finally being merciful, because I got a Shiny Ponyta after only 98 DexNav Encounters! I named her Azula, because of the blue flames (A cookie goes to whoever gets that reference).

My current hunts now are:
Paras
DexNav - 67 Encounters

Johto Starter
Soft Reset - 800 SRs

And Bulbasaur
Masuda Method - 480 Eggs

Good luck to you all, and keep on hunting!

Good luck on Bulbasaur. Im also in the process of breeding for two shiny Bulbasaurs. I already have one from a while back (took 54 eggs) but I want the full evolutionary line and I had no luck with the Ivysaur safari. Got two Oddish and a Gogoat but no Ivysaur :(

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Woo-hoo! Shiny eevee #1 found after 1,638 REs in the normal safari! Male, jolly nature and mischievous, with Adaptability. He's going to be a leafeon ^_^

I decided to hunt for hippopotas in the Ruins Maniac's tunnel in Diamond. That hunt is at 400 REs. Probably gonna find geodude first, though...

Wynaut is at 390 eggs.

Edit: While EV training my shiny eevee, I found a random shiny weepinbell in the 3rd horde on route 19. Female, brave, proud of its power, with Chlorophyll. Saving it for Artnerd.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
REAAAAALLLLLY SORRY FOR BEING LATE

Life's on the way ._.

Anyway, the result from the vote is interesting - more people prefer to go for the Gen 2 hunt.

I already updated the CH on the first post, I'll update the completion tomorrow :)
(I'm using my workplace's computer right now, lol)

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Alright guys here she is like I promised I got my shiny lugia last night 4,621 srs which she is bold nature with 31/31/31/x/x/x in heal ball and ONE heal ball thrown and that click :3 I will also be having a video upload next week on youtube when I get my new laptop in :3 I have alot of videos backed up that need to to upload to see my reactions XD

2AaNBM1.jpg

SSeE7QX.jpg

I plan on my next hunt will be shiny igglybuff in love ball wish me luck guys :3 so if any febuary community hunt begins lugia might be a hunt completed but this next one should blend in with at least 4 of the choices I think.

congrats and good luck to all hunts still going don't give up people that are sring trust me its worth the wait :3

Awesome Fairy! Congrats! I commend all of you that soft reset. It definitely requires a lot of patience!

I haven't shiny hunted since september (I took a break from Pokemon) I've had a giant backlog of games to catch up on. I'll be getting back into shiny hunting soon!

Good luck to everyone on your hunts! :D

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
@ mash: don't give up i got my shiny lugia :) its worth the wait trust me ;)

Thanks for the congrats nintendofan ^_^ I really wanted to prove my hunting patience with normal odds without the charm because I gave up so quick with moltres in soulsilver.

So since the hunt is up now I have one community hunt completed my shiny lugia :)

I hatched 300 eggs for igglybuff so far and storing up 10 boxes again for round 2

Good luck to all is still hunting and congrats to all hunts that got finished ^_^

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Ah mah gawdd

24k encounters on route 202 and nada! I never thought it would be this difficult to get this lil' yellow Shinx but here we are, 3x over odds. The thought that static may fail me again and I get shiny Bidoof... -cringe- Well, I just have to keep pushing it and hope for the best! I've done 1.5kish shaking grass encounter so far on my other hunt, hopefully that Roserade shines, but I would be happy with Vespinquen too even tho I already have one. Just the idea of encountering a shiny Vespiquen is cool to me, I don't think I've seen that before.

Anyways, gratz on all the recent shinies, especially TVDex on Torchic, Cyberra on Sneasel and FairyWitch on Lugia! Good luck everyone :]

taufik386

hatched shiny aerodactyl after 57 eggs only. Jolly nature and unnerve ability.

[img139]http://s19.postimg.org/x3maxzlxf/aero.jpg[/img139]

congrats everyones on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well when I got home from work today I continued doing more fishing on Route 8 in my X version and my luck paid off when I hooked a shiny Staryu after using my Good rod hee hee. I caught the shiny Staryu using a Net ball and I've evolved it as well. Now I will focus on searching for shinies at the Friend safari again. :D

TheMaster327

Well now. Was not anticipating anything to shine tonight as I was only planning on 50 SRs, but...

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca0N3DqWwAAzGlE.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca0PhGbWEAAdihn.jpg[/img139]

...a turquoise penguin appears on the 31st SR of the night! This little thing took 10,131 SRs total, and comes with a Hasty nature :)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I was wonder trading some of my HA wynaut breejects and I got back a shiny, 6IV HA, timid greninja o.o Apparently hatched in Kalos. And apparently on someone's team for beating the E4, judging by the ribbon it's got.

Maniac Tunnel is at 600 REs; I spent most of the day cleaning up after a nor'easter ripped through last night. Wynaut is at 585 eggs

Edit: Still wonder trading my breejects, and I got another shiny. This one's a bunnelby, male, adamant, mischievous, with its HA, Huge Power. Its IVs are 31/31/xx/31/31/31, so probably traded for not having the right IV spread.

Last edited: