• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Congratulations to all the recent shinies over the past...day or so?

Normally, I would juts edit my last post on this page, but it was near the top and many people might not see it.
Anyways, just now, I hatched a 5IV Gible.
It was from about the 416th egg, and it has the exact same IV spread as my first shiny ralts (31/31/x/31/31/31).
It got Adamant from my everstoned flawless Ditto, along with the egg move Iron Head from my Garchomp. It also got Rough Skin, the ability I wanted.
I plan on training this guy (it is male), and then levelling it up along with my shiny Gardevoir.

Good luck to everyone else on your hunts!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to tonyg44x on Registeel, wobbanut on Nincada and Bunnelby, oarfish on both Ralts, taufik386 on Feebas and Druddigon, Supremacy on Jynx, Cyberra on Phione, TVDex on Torchic, Paraqua on both Porygon, Cyberra on Sneasel and Staryu, shadowF on Latios, FairyWitch on Lugia, taufik386 on both Gible, Flo on Spearow, Akko on Honedge, taufik386 on Tympole and Beldum and Trubbish, Dragalge on Mankey, taufik386 on Aerodactyl, TheMaster327 on Piplup, Cyberra on Bunnelby, oarfish on Gible, and everyone else on your shinies!

-----------

hi guys, its been a long long time since the last time i've posted
still hunting, actually im close to fill my second box of competitive shiny pokémon
gonna up date all of my shinies real soon
i just read a post mentioning twitch shiny hunters and wanted to ask or point something out...
does anyone else cringes every time you read or listen the phrase or name "Shiny Badge Quest"?
i mean WTF? isnt that stupidly redundant? i blame aDrive for that... hate that guy

YES.
In the same way as commonly misused words, ironically enough. Kind of makes me want to ask the people who refer to it as an SBQ, “What exactly is a ‘BQ’ then?” I suppose, in all fairness, using the word “shiny” makes it ironically easier to make an educated guess as to what it is without any prior knowledge of what a BQ is, but…”BQ” is just what its name has been, like “Nuzlocke” (which is far less obvious) >.< And “SBQ” would ironically most likely refer to a BQ on Sapphire.

Additionally, I wore the same color shirt as my friend one day, it was so ironic. I found Charmander and Cyndquil, both fire-type starters, back-to-back – how ironic. The sky is blue. Quite ironic. I also love how ironic coincidences are. Ironic, right? Such ironic. Very stupidity.

Sorry, I can digress way too easily :D Two things to take away from what I’ve just said: One (On a related note) - I cringe seeing BQs turning into “SBQ” simply as a result of ignorance (how long until they become a ‘SPBQ’ – Shiny Pokemon Badge Quest in case someone misinterprets the “Shiny” part as referring to obtaining “Shiny Stones”; or ‘Find-A-Pokemon-That-Sparkles-Before-Beating-Each-Gym Quests’ in case the word “shiny” is too unclear?); Two (Only related to the concept of people doing stupid and annoying things) – people should put in more of an effort to not be dumb.

And if anyone would like to express their displeasure with people who care slightly more than average about grammar and language: Touché.

-----------

Looks like I completed the community hunt back on February 2nd with Cyndaquil. Doubt I’ll be completing it again this month…Won’t be finding any gen 2 Pokemon on Platinum or Black 2 anytime soon, and should I find Mewtwo on HeartGold, it’ll be a matter of whether or not I find a Quagsire at night while I static for Voltorb.

Haven’t done as much hunting the past few days, in part because of work but also because…I’m getting a new car x.X If you care to read about my car-buying escapade (I’ve been told in the past that some people find mild entertainment value in my uneventful anecdotes), I’ll put it in spoilers (though I copy/pasted it from elsewhere, so it’s a bit lengthy…Y’all know I’m long-winded :p)
I’m actually surprised at how…‘impulsive’ (to some degree) this move was for me. Considering on the rare occasions I buy clothes, I’ll keep them for a while without wearing them to make sure I like them enough to keep (bought two shirts last month for $16 total, kept for two weeks, returned one), and I pretty much seriously started considering this car purchase about a week ago and two days ago I just about made the final decision (and this is a bit of a heftier price-tag than those couponed $10 shirts).

In fairness, I sort of knew I was going to have to find a different car back in the summer/fall before I’m stuck wasting another $1k on my current car (like I did in October), which only keeps a somewhat-worthless car around a while longer before another costly repair has to be made when that $1k could otherwise contribute to a new car. So it wasn’t entirely impulsive. And I already sort of knew what kind of car I’d want to get, so there was some vague planning involved (“procrastination” is also an apt word for what happened). But otherwise I just really set to it last Monday (don’t even remember why I suddenly rushed into looking), talked to my parents about it (who surprisingly didn’t seem too concerned about nor against my sudden decision to purchase a brand new car), looked around online to try to find the cheapest price in a reasonable radius (nearby cities/state), other options/factors, but remained set on all my initial feelings.

I went to the dealership two days ago (just the closest one to me that had the model I wanted in stock). I wasn’t planning on making a final decision that day and just wanted to get information and do a test drive (my dad came along :] though I tried to be a big boy and do most of the talking. He clarified some things.). It was funny, because I’d been trying to read up on what to say/make note of at a dealership, and yet I was totally unprepared when I walked towards the door and a salesman was outside waiting and I had no idea what I was supposed to say…Like do I just say “I’m thinking about this one car”? That’s basically what I said, but with a little more “uhhh” there since, as I said, I had no idea how to begin this meeting/conversation.

When we started talking cost, I was originally told they wouldn’t really go lower than sticker price. Then I brought up that a dealership in a neighboring city was offering it for a bit more than a grand cheaper, to which he sort of sighed and said they generally try to match competition. He tried to look it up and confirm the price on his computer but wasn’t finding it (to be fair, it didn’t look like he was trying to intentionally not find it), but luckily I had the page ready to go on my phone and showed him :3 I left without purchasing as anticipated to think it over, and with the understanding that he’d have to confirm with the manager that they’d match the price, and that they’d have to order the car I wanted (to get both the color and feature I wanted) which would take about 6-8 weeks for delivery.

About an hour and a half later, I got a call saying they found the model of car I wanted with the feature and color I wanted currently in the state but being shipped elsewhere, but they could get it to drop by there instead if I wanted to purchase it…But I’d have to let him know by the end of the day. As he’d said during the call that they’d match the price, my dad and I reasoned we’d already gotten the price about as low as I could get it anyways and I may as well go through with it. So sales trick or not I put the deposit down over the phone…Not sure if it’s really a trick, as he earlier seemed content for me to have one ordered and wait for delivery as long as I purchased the car and all this really means is I’ll get my car sooner rather than later…I guess I just feel like I have to be wary about people, especially salesman :p

My dad convinced me to finance it as opposed to buying it in full (I HATE owing money!) since if I invest it in decent enough funds, I should (‘should’) hopefully be able to get a higher return percentage than what the interest rate will be, as opposed to buying it outright and not being able to use that money in investments. My dad’s going to cosign, since I’m too young to have really established any credit (I have a credit card from the bank, but as I don’t buy stuff often and prefer cash anyways, it’s mostly just monthly Netflix payments and the occasional Amazon GC funds, so there’s not really much there…And I have no prior car payments since I just paid my parents for my current car and have no school loans), and would otherwise be facing a higher interest rate. But luckily the payments will still count towards building my credit. Since his credit should get me the lowest rate they offer, it seems the interest will ultimately cost an additional grand (or less, if I try to pay it off faster).

It’s exciting, yet terrifying. Not just terrifying knowing I’m making such a big purchase, but fearing ‘Murphy’s Law’…I’ve never been in an accident, nor have I had any issues with my car getting damaged (such as a car door knicking it in a parking lot or something), and while I wouldn’t be happy about it happening to my current car, it’s not like it’s too valuable or nice looking for me to get too bothered about. But now that I’m getting some nice, new, expensive (to me) car…I feel like it’s going to be an accident magnet or something, because now I actually have something to lose. Hopefully I’m wrong and this lasts me many years!

Sooo yeah. Haven’t done much hunting as I’ve been somewhat distracted figuring all that stuff out. But now that that’s out of the way, I should be able to get back to hunting… At least until my next life adventure (possibly moving out in late spring/summer)!

I managed 400 REs/SRs today on top of 200 SRs for Charmander and 100 SRs for Chimchar. Black 2 is at 9,600 REs, Platinum is at 7,800 REs, and HeartGold is at 2,200 SRs. Then Charmander is at 700 SRs and Chimchar is at 5,950 SRs.

Good luck, everyone (especially CharlieDoryRose, Supremacy, umbreonfan3636, Keane, SheroGH, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, ChaoticInverse, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Fourth shiny lillipup has turned up. Female (again), serious nature, somewhat vain, with Vital Spirit. I may change eevee safaris so I won't get more shiny lillipups.

Maniac Tunnel is at 1,000 REs. Wynaut is at 740 eggs

Edit: *groan* And there is shiny lillipup #5. Again, it's female (they've all been female...), serious nature, alert to sounds, with Vital Spirit. This one I'm dumping into wonder trade. And I'll definitely be changing to a lillipup-free eevee safari next round

Last edited:

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!!

I called him Dodger, after a particularly bright shade of blue, and the fact he just wouldn't stay in the damn Pokeballs!

https://instagram.com/p/BBpnnBdFzgz/

Big congrats to TheMaster327 for Piplup! I find starter SRs take a lot of patience, I'm looking for Tepig on Black and it takes ages!

Last edited:

Bumblebee5253

Hive Master
So, where to begin, let's just list off all the shinies I got in order.

2/08/16
1. So, this was the day after I got the Pontya, and I was excited to try DexNav again, so I decided to hunt Paras in Petalburg Forest. Then, 105 Encounters later, Shiny Paras appeared!

2. I got the Paras early in the day, so afterwards I decided to go for one of the Shinies I've wanted for a while, Tentacool. So I went to Route 103 and got out my trusty Old Rod. Then, 51 Consecutive Reels later, you guessed it! Shiny Tentacool pops up! Surprised I didn't get a Magikarp beforehand, but I needed one of those anyways so I wouldn't have been at a loss anyways.

3. So with the rest of my day, I went for another Pokemon I've always wanted Shiny, Eevee. I hunted this for the rest of the day, and then it showed up! Shiny Eevee at 333 DexNav Encounters! It has the Egg Move Natural Gift, and max IVs in Attack, Sp. Defense, and Speed.

2/09/16
1. This was a hunt I had started earlier this month, it was a Horde Hunt for Magnemite, I decided to pick it up where I left off at 75 Hordes, and a measly 11 Hordes later, making a grand total of 81 Hordes, I get my Shiny Magnemite!

2. Later that day I decided to put some more work into my Bulbasaur hunt at 480 Eggs, so I gathered another 120 Eggs and started hatching. I grab the first 5, and after the last one hatches, Shiny Bulbasaur graces my screen after a total of 485 Masuda Method Eggs! I hatched the other 115 Eggs, but they yielded nothing.
(Thanks TVDex, I hope you get your Bulbasaur(s) soon!)

2/10/16
1. While technically this Shiny was found on the 10th, I started it the day before. It took a bit, but after 114 Consecutive Reels, I land a Shiny Magikarp! (Yes, I was going for a Magikarp)

2. This one had the best reaction. I was so hyped for this Shiny, it was amaze. I decided to get kinda ballsy and go for Dratini via Chain Fishing. I needed Poliwhirl as well, so I had a backup in the very possible event where I didn't get Dratini. I was going and going thinking "Man, I am so going to get a frickin' Basculin, aren't I..." then I do another encounter. At 41 Consecutive Reels, I land a fricking Shiny Dratini. Didn't get a single Poliwhirl. Didn't get a single Basculin. I got a fricking Dratini. I switch to Watchog, so I can Thunder Wave and Super Fang it, it being a Lv. 40. Then two words pop up in my mind, "Dragon Tail". Dratini uses Aqua Tail, very luckily, and I toss a Dive Ball and pray it captures it. It does, my stress gets replaced with excitement at that moment, and because the odds were stacked up against me I name it Improbable, haha.

2/11/16
1. Finished the Pikachu hunt I'd started the day before, so the Shiny Pikachu popped up at 212 DexNav Encounters

And that's all the shinies I've gotten since my last post! Sorry for the really long post as product of that, haha.

And so my current hunts are:
Gastly
- Masuda Method, 150 Eggs in. (300 Collected)

Oddish
- 114 Hordes.

White BQ - 1510 REs.

HeartGold Starter - 1100 SRs.

Also,
I was wonder trading some of my HA wynaut breejects and I got back a shiny, 6IV HA, timid greninja o.o Apparently hatched in Kalos. And apparently on someone's team for beating the E4, judging by the ribbon it's got.
I got that same Greninja while Wonder Trading Bulbasaur breejects. I did it on a Saturday, a lot of streamers were Wonder Trading a bunch of cloned Pokemon. The same day I also got a Shiny Battle Ready Mew and a Shiny Battle Ready Avalugg as well.

Well, good luck to everyone on your hunts, you all need the luck more than I do, almost guaranteed! Lol. Keep on hunting!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Congrats everyone with there new shinies since my last post :3 especially Master327 with piplup all that hard work paid off!

I am almost done storing more eggs which still at 300 eggs for igglybuff which will be hatching them soon and will post my upload video of the lugia soon because I am so proud if it ^_^

good luck to all hunts still going

edit: here it is the shiny lugia video :3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsd1YHavidk&feature=youtu.be and forgot to add thank you supremacy and cpchris for the congrats :3

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Nothing new under the sun for me this week, but I did get a step further in my shiny Rocketdex goal, as someone WT'd me a shiny ekans. :) Now I just need a shiny Arbok, and I'll have all three snakes Jessie's owned.

umbreonfan3636

Sorry for the blanket congrats people, but it’s late here and I wanted to post this. Shout out to TheMaster on that Piplup (now you can join the 2-3 of us doing Platinum BQs)!

I was just watching TV about to crash for the night when this guy popped up on my Fire Red game on Route 3. He was definitely my preferred target on the route. Although I wouldn’t have minded any of the others (Pidgey/Spearow/Mankey/Jigglypuff all have good forms and are good in-game). Now, I’m debating hunting on this route for a bit more or going on with the game. Nothing really appeals to me from this point on until Celadon where I can SR for Eevee/Scyther/Dratini etc. Nidoran's shiny sprite is so unique. I'm not sure any other pokemon (non-water type) has such a vivid blue.

[img139]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/umby_3636/IMG_2245_zpsuvzipdxo.jpg[/img139][img139] http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/umby_3636/IMG_2247_zpsogic2fm4.jpg[/img139]

Good luck everyone, especially Crimson Penguin, Cpchris, Supremacy (I'm sure Shinx will shine soon!), SheroGH, and Keane!

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
After taking a 4 month break from shiny hunting, I'm back and ready to roll! I kicked things off yesterday by completing my hunt for shiny Shuppet! I was DexNav chaining, but I forgot the exact number of my chain, but I'm pretty sure it was over 80. I meant to complete my Shuppet hunt back in October for Halloween, but I got pretty busy. DexNav chaining is just like riding a bike to me!

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/Nintendofan82/Shiny Pokemon/1 - xHbxMlW_zpsske6r6h2.jpg
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/Nintendofan82/Shiny Pokemon/2 - 0UvC474_zpsiku46pdi.jpg

Happy hunting everyone! Good luck! :D

SheroGH

Hi, congratz on all the shinies since my last post (Especially to Cpchris on Charmander and Cyndaquil and TheMaster327 on Piplup)

I didn't hunt too much lately but today I started hunting again and this one shows up! :D

[img139]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/sheroo1992/Shiny%20Phanpy_zpszkewh2xe.png[/img139]

I had just started hunting and 30 REs later (2530 REs in total), a Shiny Phanpy shined for me! And since is a Pokemon from the Johto Pokedex, CH Complete!

It was so fast that I didn't know what to do later, so I decided to hunt for the gift Lapras in Silph CO.
Hoping is a short hunt!

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Hey there! I haven't posted here since 2011, "lol," so I guess I'll rejoin!

Here's my shiny journey thus far:

2006:

Slugma (Emerald) - Random encounter
Electrode (Ruby) - Random encounter

Slugma was the first shiny I ever found, and I was super excited when I found it, even though I didn't really know what shinies were at the time, "lol." I looked it up online and found out all about shinies, and I loved reading the stories of people hunting for shinies!! It was all so cool, and I became determined to hunt shinies too. I looked through all of my boxes, and sure enough, I had gotten a shiny on Ruby without realizing it! Electrode might've been from like 2003, but I didn't rediscover it until 2006, "lol."

2007:

Shuppet (Emerald) - REs
Zangoose (Ruby) - REs
Bulbasaur (FireRed) - SR
Torchic (Sapphire) - SR
Dialga (Diamond) - SR
Uxie (Diamond) - SR

I hunted shinies like crazy after finding my Slugma in February 2006, but I was unsuccessful until 2007. I spent my entire week-long school vacation looking for shinies, and I was hunting on Mt. Pyre for what was probably 12 hours every day, absolutely determined to hunt one down myself. And I was in luck!! My year+ of hunting finally paid off, and I found a shiny Shuppet! That began an awesome streak of luck for me, and I found another shiny every month until the end of the summer!!

2008:

Bibarel (Diamond) - Random encounter
Magnemite (Diamond) - Random egg hatch (!)
Tangela (LeafGreen) - REs
Giratina (Diamond) - SR

Bibarel was a terrifying encounter for me - I found it in the Great Marsh!! Safari Zones are always the scariest places to find shinies (they might run away!), but luckily I was able to capture it. I've tried to avoid the Safari Zone since then, and I pretty much always just start throwing balls right away when I encounter shinies now, just in case anything happens, haha.

Magnemite has a pretty cool story, too. I had Pal Parked a bunch of Pokemon from LeafGreen to Diamond for Pokedex purposes, and it was easier to send up the evolved forms and breed them than send up the first-stages ones and then spend all the time leveling them up until they evolved. So I was just breeding tons of Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon, and I got one egg from the Magneton and Ditto. I was so shocked to see a shiny Magnemite! :D

2011:

Staravia (Diamond) - Random encounter
Treecko (Sapphire) - SR
Elgyem (Black) - REs
Litwick (Black) - REs
Drifloon (Diamond) - SR
Abra (LeafGreen) - SR
Hitmonchan (FireRed) - SR
Spheal (Emerald) - REs
Beldum (Diamond) - Random egg hatch (!!)
Totodile (HeartGold) - SR

I stopped playing Pokemon for a few years, but fortunately, I got back to the games in January 2011. I decided to join an online shiny hunting community and start playing Pokemon again! But on the very first day that I dusted off my games and turned them on again, I found a shiny Staravia!! I was just going to start off by looking for some random Pokemon to catch for my Dex, but I found a shiny on that very first night back. What a way to get back into shiny hunting!! :D

Beldum was a very similar story to Magnemite. I was just hatching to get an Adamant Beldum so I could make a competitive 4th-gen team with Metagross as a lead, and I got a shiny Beldum in 20-30 eggs, "lol!" My only hatched shinies to this day are both 1/8192 Steel-types, "lol."

2012:

Spiritomb (Diamond) - SR
Druddigon (Black) - REs

2013:

Dratini (LeafGreen) - SR
Golett (Black) - REs
Golbat (LeafGreen) - REs
Chikorita (HeartGold) - SR
Zigzagoon (Ruby) - REs
Taillow (Ruby) - REs
Zigzagoon (Ruby) - REs

All seven of these were caught in December, "lol." I had gone through a 23-month drought from January 2012-November 2013 in which I only found two shinies, so the seven-shiny month really ended my drought with a bang! "lol"

2014:

Eevee (FireRed) - SR
Charmander (FireRed) - SR
Chikorita (HeartGold) - SR
Squirtle (FireRed) - SR
Piplup (Platinum) - SR
Mankey (FireRed) - REs
Mudkip (SoulSilver) - SR
Chimchar (Platinum) - SR
Duskull (Ruby) - REs
Heatmor (Black) -REs
Sewaddle (Black) - REs

This was a crazy year! I got Eevee during the first week of January, and then I didn't get another shiny until the middle of August. I then found Charmander, Chikorita, Squirtle, Piplup, Mankey, Mudkip, Chimchar, Duskull, Heatmor, and Sewaddle in the span of about a month!!! Duskull took over 22,000 REs and Heatmor took over 7000, but most of the others were in a couple thousand tries or less. I have no idea how I got such crazy luck all at once, haha! :D

2015:

Rotom (Diamond) - SR
Misdreavus (Pearl) - REs
Totodile (HeartGold) - SR
Shelmet (Black) - REs
Sandshrew (Black2) - REs
Taillow (Emerald) - REs
Yamask (Black2) - REs
Mantyke (Black2) - REs
Taillow (Emerald) - REs
Taillow (Emerald) - REs

Those Taillow are all different ones, too! I turned on my Emerald in June and left my DS plugged in for months to shuffle up the RNG. I really wanted to find a shiny Nincada, so I kept on hunting even though I kept getting so many shiny Taillow/Zigzagoon (I had left Ruby on in 2013 to try the same thing). I dropped my DS in October, but I turned it right back on and just made sure not to hunt on days when I had found a shiny on my previous continuous-gameplay that many days into the game before. My Emerald game's still on and running, "lol."

2016:

Nincada (Emerald) - REs
Machop (Emerald) - REs
Wingull (Emerald) - REs

I finally got that Nincada! It only took 56,303 total Pokemon, including two shiny Zig and four (!!!!) shiny Taillow, "lol!" I figured that since I'm already at such a unique stage in the RNG, with my game having been on for months already, I might as well hunt for some of the cool Hoenn route shinies without fear of getting RNG duplicates. So far, I've done 9800 Fiery Path encounters, 7117 Jagged Pass encounters, and 800 Sandstorm encounters.

After my Emerald turns off, I'd like to get all of the Ghosts shiny.

Last edited:

Bumblebee5253

Hive Master
Hey there! I haven't posted here since 2011, "lol," so I guess I'll rejoin!
All those Shiny stories are pretty awesome! Nice to see someone that was hunting for all those years, and eventually came back to it. Those are a looot of full odds hunts too, nice work!

Also, do you not have the new games/a 3DS or do you just prefer hunting in older Gens?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Got my second shiny eevee :D Male again, timid and likes to thrash about, with its HA, Anticipation. Gonna be a flareon even if the nature isn't ideal.

Next hunt... I dunno. I think I've pretty much tapped out all the safaris I have.

Maniac Tunnel is at 1,600 REs. Wynaut is at 1,040 eggs.

taufik386

hatched shiny flabebe (blue flower) yesteday after 70 eggs.

[img139]http://s19.postimg.org/vvv4uzxkz/flabebe.jpg[/img139]

and got shiny delibird in soal cave. CH completed

edit. got magmar, wobbuffet in FS and bagon in meteor falls

congrats everyone on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

Last edited:

Laurelai

Blanket grats to all the folks that have recently have acquired shinies!! Yesterday I hatched (what I had hoped was the CH- pink, but oops, not so much lol) my *first* 6 perfect IV pokemon. It of course figures that she did not get her HA- skill link BUT no way I can give her away since I have never hatched a perfect 6 IV shiny poke before. Her name is Chamallow which is a brand of marshmallow :D Hatched using MM and shiny charm, and egad, I really have no idea how many eggs I hatched because I kinda took a break for a bit and came back. I hatched enough eggs though that the parent minccino leveled from 1-88.

[img139]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/IMG_20160212_083226.jpg_zpsiufaj3ro.png[/img139]

*EDIT*
Well! After a month and so of no shinies, my cup runneth over!! I hadn't finished stabilizing a 6 IV krabby (had gotten up to 5 whew!) when this guy shows up :D In a friend ball, has the ability I want, with 4 IVs in the right places! I hatched maybe 40 eggs?
[img139]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/IMG_20160213_204325.jpg_zpstw5zfrer.png[/img139]

And THEN, IV training my Krabby, this shows up 3rd hoard in!
[img139]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/IMG_20160213_211126.jpg_zps6mi8iirv.png[/img139]

So, with Krabby, CH COMPLETE!... I think?

This last shiny brings me to 92 total shinies. I'm getting close to #100!

Last edited:

Maiq

My anaconda don't
Thought I'd post here after a few months absence. My game seems to really hate me or I'm just really unlucky when it comes to shinys. But today I have two to share:
http://https://www.instagram.com/p/BBv0l85PleX/
First is Eevee, this one popped out while I was hatching eggs for the Kanto Classic. Didn't get the perfect IV in SpAtk that I wanted but all in all a viable Pokemon. He's now a Jolteon.
http://https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvzwb0Plcw/
Second is Smoochum, she popped out after 877 eggs. IV's are again a bit wonky and she didn't get the HA either. Will probably just evolve and sit in the PC. Still good as Jynx is my favourite Pokemon.
Also ironic, as today is Valentine's day and Smoochum is the Kiss Pokemon.
With Smoochum being a 2nd Gen Pokemon, I guess that means the Community Hunt is complete too.

Now to finish trying to get a shiny Bellsprout, it's been over 1000 eggs and still nothing. Hoping it shines soon.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Just for the heck of it I went into a poison safari looking for seviper, and after only 339 encounters I find one. Female, brave, and mischievous, with Shed Skin. And she's holding a 5% persim berry. Not that I need the berries, but a 5% hold item is still nice.

Maniac Tunnel remains at 1,600 REs. Wynaut is at 1,130 eggs.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
I've just caught myself a shiny Pupitar in Friend Safari (my first :D ) it's imphish natured with the two flawless stats in ... special attack and speed I'm saying community hunt as its Gen 2 as well :D I was not expecting it!!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
I'm up to 8192 encounters along the Jagged Pass in Emerald, "lol." I hunt on!

There's not much grass here, so I'm using an Illuminate Lanturn to help me out. It's really useful! I went with Lanturn over Starmie because it knows Thunder Wave, which will hopefully help me out in a shiny capture soon! :D

All those Shiny stories are pretty awesome! Nice to see someone that was hunting for all those years, and eventually came back to it. Those are a looot of full odds hunts too, nice work!

Also, do you not have the new games/a 3DS or do you just prefer hunting in older Gens?

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed them! :)

And yes, I do have the new games! I'm totally going to go for shiny Pumpkaboo/Phantump when it gets close to Halloween, haha!

Got my second shiny eevee :D Male again, timid and likes to thrash about, with its HA, Anticipation. Gonna be a flareon even if the nature isn't ideal.

Next hunt... I dunno. I think I've pretty much tapped out all the safaris I have.

Maniac Tunnel is at 1,600 REs. Wynaut is at 1,040 eggs.

Sweet, congrats on the Eevee! Getting it with its HA is even sweeter, haha!

Good luck on your Maniac Tunnel and Wynaut hunts!

hatched shiny flabebe (blue flower) yesteday after 70 eggs.

and got shiny delibird in soal cave. CH completed

Awesome, congrats! Delibird's a really cool Pokemon, and 70 eggs for Flabébé isn't a bad hunt at all - you must have some pretty good luck! Keep up shiny hunting and hopefully your string of awesome luck can continue! :)

You should go for the other flower colors and make a shiny Flabébé garden, "lol."

Blanket grats to all the folks that have recently have acquired shinies!! Yesterday I hatched (what I had hoped was the CH- pink, but oops, not so much lol) my *first* 6 perfect IV pokemon. It of course figures that she did not get her HA- skill link BUT no way I can give her away since I have never hatched a perfect 6 IV shiny poke before. Her name is Chamallow which is a brand of marshmallow :D Hatched using MM and shiny charm, and egad, I really have no idea how many eggs I hatched because I kinda took a break for a bit and came back. I hatched enough eggs though that the parent minccino leveled from 1-88.

*EDIT*
Well! After a month and so of no shinies, my cup runneth over!! I hadn't finished stabilizing a 6 IV krabby (had gotten up to 5 whew!) when this guy shows up :D In a friend ball, has the ability I want, with 4 IVs in the right places! I hatched maybe 40 eggs?

And THEN, IV training my Krabby, this shows up 3rd hoard in!

So, with Krabby, CH COMPLETE!... I think?

This last shiny brings me to 92 total shinies. I'm getting close to #100!

Congrats on all those shinies! The well-IVed ones are especially cool - you can use shinies in battles! A flawlessly-IVed shiny is incredible! Talk about a difficult task, "lol!"

Almost 100 shinies...wow! That's amazing! Way to go finding all of those and I hope you quickly find 8 more!

Thought I'd post here after a few months absence. My game seems to really hate me or I'm just really unlucky when it comes to shinys. But today I have two to share:
http://https://www.instagram.com/p/BBv0l85PleX/
First is Eevee, this one popped out while I was hatching eggs for the Kanto Classic. Didn't get the perfect IV in SpAtk that I wanted but all in all a viable Pokemon. He's now a Jolteon.
http://https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvzwb0Plcw/
Second is Smoochum, she popped out after 877 eggs. IV's are again a bit wonky and she didn't get the HA either. Will probably just evolve and sit in the PC. Still good as Jynx is my favourite Pokemon.
Also ironic, as today is Valentine's day and Smoochum is the Kiss Pokemon.
With Smoochum being a 2nd Gen Pokemon, I guess that means the Community Hunt is complete too.

Now to finish trying to get a shiny Bellsprout, it's been over 1000 eggs and still nothing. Hoping it shines soon.

Welcome back and congrats on those shinies! Especially Smoochum...getting your favorite shiny must be an awesome experience! *dreams of shiny Rayquaza*

Good luck on your Bellsprout hunt - I hope you get it soon! :)

Just for the heck of it I went into a poison safari looking for seviper, and after only 339 encounters I find one. Female, brave, and mischievous, with Shed Skin. And she's holding a 5% persim berry. Not that I need the berries, but a 5% hold item is still nice.

Congrats (again, "lol")! Seviper's a terrific shiny!

I've just caught myself a shiny Pupitar in Friend Safari (my first :D ) it's imphish natured with the two flawless stats in ... special attack and speed I'm saying community hunt as its Gen 2 as well :D I was not expecting it!!

Sweet, congrats! Tyranitar's a beast; of all the GenII shinies you could find, that's got to be one of the strongest!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Congratulations to everyone's recent shinies!

I have been hatching Bagon eggs with my flawless Ditto everstoned for Adamant, and just now, a shiny hatched.
It is indeed Adamant, with 5 IVs (x/31/31/31/31/31).
It hatched from about egg #434. I still have the rest of this group to hatch though.
I plan on training her (it is female) along with my other recent MM's.

Good luck to everyone else!

EDIT: The day after I hatch my first shiny Bagon, I hatch a second one.
It is from the same group of eggs, near the end (around egg #595 or so).
It has 5 IVs, with the spread of 31/31/31/31/x/31.
I will probably train the first one though. This one is also Adamant and female.

I am still deciding what my next hunt will be.

Last edited: