• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Gender also matters- I found shiny Eevee from FS some time ago and it was girl so I decided to make Vaporeon of her since I already have Sylveon and Umbreon my favorite shiny Eeveelutions. If I would find said Eevee now I would probably make it Espeon if it's girl and Jolteon or Flareon if boy.
Funny, for me it would depend on characteristic, and since all IVs are tied, I'd use the special characteristic to choose.

HP- Vaporeon
Att- Flareon
Def- Leafeon
Sp. Att- Espeon, Glaceon
Sp. Def- Umbreon, Silveon
Speed- Jolteon

Or something like that...

Edit: And congrats, AquaRegisteel. I actually got a shiny Dustox myself, but I caught it with Wurmple. I believe it was Bold, so I was happy it evolved into Cascoon rather than Silcoon.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to AquaRegisteel on Cascoon, JohnNiles, and everyone else on your shinies!

That sucks about those Pooches, Zenn of Ascension >.<

Thanks for the congrats, Yoshi007 (and yes, “both”. Good eye ;) )!

-----------

-_- Well, at least this didn’t take 27k REs…But after 767 REs on Black 2, I found a 3rd shiny Altaria.

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/7dBUzcj.jpg[/IMG200]

This one is male, Lonely, and has the following IVs: 14 – 31 – 3 – 11 – 7 – 24. So…I should have waited to train that first Altaria >.< Well, like I said, with only 600k XP needed to reach 100, maybe I’ll train it up some other time. Still staying here for Absol, I guess…

Good luck, everyone (especially Zenn of Ascension, LucarioMan101, G-Money, Martinzqx, CharlieDoryRose, umbreonfan3636, Keane, SheroGH, ChaoticInverse, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Well, after about 5 days of SRing, I got a Johto starter!

http://orig11.deviantart.net/0675/f/2016/093/3/c/shchik_by_laevateinnunowen-d9xj3vu.jpg
http://orig05.deviantart.net/5e47/f/2016/093/6/d/shchik2_by_laevateinnunowen-d9xj3w7.jpg

Well, I wanted either this one or Totodile, considering that I have quite a few Cyndaquils from the very first time I tried SRing for the Johto starters. Considering how quick this Chiko appeared, I think I'm gonna do a badge quest. I don't really care much for the nature because I'm not a competitive battler, and I think I'll be keeping Opium as a Chikorita, considering that I already have Meganium.

Congrats to anybody who's caught shinies so far!

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to ClipOwl on Cottonee and Totodile; Crimson Penguin on Latios; Blasting Toise on Weepinbell, Meditite, Ekans/Arbok, Gulpin, and Koffing; Supremacy on Shinx and Munchlax; Dangertrout on Happiny; payne on Banette and Lotad; Aromatic Mist on Bulbasaur; Auraninja on Staryu and Clauncher; Mrs. Oreo on Carvanha; Shraeder on Frogadier; wobbanut on Tynamo, Venomoth, Machop, Zigzagoon, Graveler, and Starly; Laurelai on Miltank and Porygon; SkyMew on Mewtwo; maldoror on Chatot, Tauros, and all the Victory Road shinies; jrmftw on Houndour, Nidorino, and Roggenrola; Cyberra on Electrike/Manectric, Skarmory, Spoink, Feebas, and Latios; Tsukuyomi56 on Espurr; Tagi on Slugma; pokefreak2014 on Spiritomb; Hokker on the two Psyduck; eiger on Scyther/Scizor, Azelf, and Cobalion; Phillies on all your shinies; Diego24 on Wurmple/Dustox; Aesnath on Groudon; MightyImitation on Mew and Arceus; LucarioMan101 on Whismur and Regirock; TheEmeraldKnight on Chinchou; Cpchris on both(?) Altaria; SmartD on Ponyta and Charmeleon; AquaRegisteel on Cascoon, and everyone else on your shinies!

Between Early February and today I've been breeding and hatching boatloads of eggs.

Between 2000 and 3000 eggs resulted in 4 shiny Litleo (All four of them being female while I was aiming for a male, so I give that one a rest for quite a while)

In the first break from the Litleo breeding, I attempted at breeding for a shiny Duskull. After 301 eggs, a shiny female Duskull popped from her egg. Nicknamed her Rukia with Impish nature through everstone with the ability Levitate, has perfect IV's for HP, ATK, DEF and Sp. ATK. and knows the moves Leer, Night Shade and Pain Split.

After stopping with breeding Litleo, I started breeding Exeggcute and after 419 eggs, a shiny male Exeggcute hatched. Nicknamed him Aleggsander with Modest nature through everstone with the ability Chlorophyll, has perfect IV's in HP, ATK, DEF, Sp. ATK and Speed and knows the moves Barrage, Uproar and Hypnosis.

Good luck to all future shinies

Blasting Toise

Congrats on recent shinies everyone!

More shiny news for me: after a few dozens of hordes in Petalburg Woods Shroomish shined and I of course captured her :3 She had Poison Heal ability while IV:s were not so good. Also random shiny Tepig appeared from Wonder Trade :p He was also decent what comes to stats but seems legit, these two are gonna be contest spectacular stars.

So many shinies lately for me- I hope you have just as good luck my fellow shiny hunters.

MightyImitation

Shiny Kabuto Tamer
Heys guys, so this is pretty cool...can't post a pic unfortunately but I've literally just found a shiny Buizel while chaining in Platinum at a chain of 16! (1/4681) I don't normally chain (I prefer full odds or MM) but this is actually a long overdue reclaim for a shiny Floatzel I once found at a chain of either 7 or 14, can't remember. I deleted my save file and forgot to transfer it, and after three days of broken chains (highest being 25) I've found another early shiny patch! Very happy! I guess me and this shiny were meant to be aha. I nicknamed her Asuna because I've just started watching SAO. Congrats on the shinies guys!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
so many congrats I can't list them all guys since my last post XD I haven't posted since I took a break from the hatching for awhile because playing fates,getting ready for a convention and work. I plan to continue my shiny hunting soon ^_^ I got 300 more eggs to hatch wish me luck when I go back ^_^

good luck to everyone that is still hunting!

Phillies

Congratulations to everyone who caught new shinies this week.

I spent the week hunting for Starling on X and Miltank or Tauros on Y. I finally managed a Tauros today but I have had no luck with the others. I did manage to catch the following though. 7 Nidoran♂, 7 Wingull, Stunky, Tauros & Nidoran♀. It was nice to finally catch a female Nidoran after all of the males.

Good luck to everyone on their current and future hunts.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Can't be done. Celebi has never been legitimately able to be shiny in any pokemon game; it's been locked ever since it's been released. And zygarde from Gen 6 XY is locked in-game and unlike the other two was not released in shiny form as an event. Only way to get every single shiny possible is to hack them in. (Which sucks because I want a pink celebi... Darnit, GameFreak, you've released almost every other legend in shiny form for events; give us our pink celebis!)

My hunts are in progress and going well. BQ target #8 is... not telling until I get it. Maniac Tunnel in Diamond is being stubborn at 9,200 REs.

I mean: has anyone captured every shiny that can possibly exist?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I got lucky while hatching some more Charmander eggs on my Platinum version and I hatched that shiny Charmander that I was hoping for hee hee. It took only 548 eggs in total which is less than my last two Masuda method shiny hunts, not that I'm complaining. I'll now focus on finding shinies at my X version's Friend safari and by fishing as well. :D

jellywolffy

<Hunting
I am so happy that I got shiny mareep finally!!I wanted to get one in HG, but I want to finish the playthrough beforehand, so stopped at ~2000RE.
My file is too large I cant put here, but he is here:
http://i.imgur.com/Msaqdj5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Ly5r37E.jpg
About 3 hours of hoard hunt in Y without shiny charm. Didnt count the number of REs though.
Got serious nature, not very good but I am still very happy about it.

Planning to make my shiny card, know of any template site?

Edit: I got one more shiny!!
It is a shiny munna in friend safari. That safari include munna and sigilyph, and I only love munna. Glad she shine the first.
About 4 hours of RE, didnt count exact number.
Got 31 IV in ATT... and 3-5 in sp att... 2-4 in hp... and a brave nature...
I am getting strange shinies XD
But I wont complain, as I wont evolve her anyway, mnna is cuter not evolving.

Time to complete pokedex in Y.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Okay everyone, originally FairyWitch asked my permission to do the voting for this month's CH, but it turns out she's also busy, so no one did the CH voting at the end of last month :p

So......you all can PM me your suggestion now. My target is, by the 7th we already have a CH for April.

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Welp, that was fast

Got a black Rayquaza on HG after around 2k SRs. So, I guess I shouldn't complain about the seven month Groudon search. Either way, I'm now only missing shiny legends available on omega ruby, so I suppose I need to pick that up!

AwesomeEric

Gratz to all for their shinies!

As you might see in my sig, I am currently going for Snivy and Espurr through MM. I'm also hoping that Snivy has Contrary, as well, since I have the Unova starters thru the event. However, I am going to focus on Espurr now, with 31 eggs hatched thus far. I also plan to go SR for some legends. I surely hope it all goes well, and the spreadsheet in my sig has been updated.

I have the urge to tell you all of my first shiny ever. I was in my X, filling out my Pokedex. Then I noticed that Connecting Cave was incomplete from captures, so I thought, hey, why not capture some pokemon there? Well, I walk into the cave, and I run smack into a shiny Axew for my first encounter. I also found some Pokerus not long after (not on my Axew, I'm not that lucky!), so my luck was doing backflips that day. Then again, that was a year or two ago... good times.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

Well, that took it's time. 1,233 eggs, and finally this thing pops out!

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfPI83EW8AEphRc.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Venipede! It's a Jolly nature because of Everstone, got it's HA of Speed Boost, and, if that wasn't enough, it's 6IV as well! This is only my second 6IV shiny (the first being Murkrow, now Honchkrow), and I can't wait to Sub-Protect and Baton Pass lots of Speed!

As for Munchlax, the thing has still yet to frequent a honey tree :(

Mash

Omgoodness after three torturous months of SRing I finally got shiny Cresselia. Just got it about ten minutes ago and I am exhausted don't know how many SR's(prob over 10,000) but finally got it SO amped lol

AwesomeEric

Well, in case I (unintentionally) broke a rule by posting this new one, it's the next day, soooo I'm making a new post.

And I have finally done it. After 46 eggs hatched (not too much, lol), I was able to see this little beauty on my screen (male, whoops).

image1.JPG

EDIT: I've just noticed the CH. This counts for it, since I was using MM. Mission 1 accomplished.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I managed to find another shiny Roselia while EV training earlier this morning. I caught it and gave it to my neighbour.

And now, while hatching for an Adamant female Phantump with its Hidden Ability, I hatched a shiny Adamant (male) Phantump with its Hidden Ability!

I'm on a roll today...

Hokker

Just got a shiny wailmer on my second cast! Now my shiny psyducks can ride it like a boss!

Shido-

I mean: has anyone captured every shiny that can possibly exist?

As far as I know, the answer is a definite resounding no. There are plenty of people with every pokemon shiny and they obviously hacked.

I have seen some collections people have that are almost complete but they are comprised of shinnies self caught as well as traded and wonder traded shinnies. It is impossible to verify the legitmateness of traded and wonder traded shinnies. There are people who literally upload hacked shinnies all day on wonder trade.

The closest I seen in a collection comprised of only self caught shinnies, they were in the 200 range of different shinnies (not counting same species like say multiple shiny magikarp caught while fishing but only counting one of them for dex purposes). However I also take this with a grain of salt because some of them hack in items such as masterballs or tickets to get access to event pokemon, so this for me puts their entire collection into question. Plus I don't think it is fair to count shinnies that they normally wouldn't have had access too without hacking.

Me personally I have 70 something different shinnies and most of those were caught back in the 8k odds days. I plan on starting up again and going for a complete shiny dex. But to put how arduous this will be into perspective, it would take a minimum of two years of catching a new shiny every single day to complete it (with all legitimate possible shinnies that is). Sure you can get lucky and catch multiple shinnies in one day, I think my record is 4. But there will also be days you catch nothing. Not to mention you would need multiple games across multiple generations to get every single pokemon shiny legimate. Some these are only accessible in the 8k odds games.

That is not to say that it is impossible, only that realistically speaking it would take enormous dedication, luck and time. Anyone who claims otherwise is either lying, hacking or naive.

Just for final thought, Sun and Moon are bringing new pokemon which means even more shinnies to try and catch. So be prepared to be in the hunting business for the next couple years if you truly want a complete legit shiny dex.