• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I've been coming back a lot-but I think my game is spoiling me. Shiny Fletchling has already appeared, at 407 eggs. Adamant, female with Gale Wings, the IVs are x/31/31/x/31/31. I'm going to wonder trade the normal ones and then see if there's anything good, after that I may hatch some Drilbur.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
So these past few days on Pearl version I did approximately 400 soft resets for a shiny Azelf at Lake Valor, but no sign of that shiny so far. I would've done more, but chain fishing for shinies on my Or/As games has taken up some of my free time hee hee. O and also a big congrats to tui on getting that shiny Shaymin. I love its colour scheme. :3

Cyberra

pain in the ***
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/946_zpsdzfu7y8a.jpg[/img139]

After 17,541 soft resets my chocolate golem returns to me!

I was watching a game walkthrough on youtube, looked down at my screen, and there it was... The only thing that kept me from freaking out worse was the fact that it's 7:30am and everyone else is asleep. First I put him to sleep, then used False Swipe to carefully whittle down his health. Once I was just out of the red I started pitching luxury balls and finally one of them stuck :D

He's jolly (lol) and capable of taking hits, with Clear Body. His name is Dutch and means "impossible", according to Artnerd.

Now I can tackle the last gym. I think my last shiny before I tackle the E4 will be either lugia or zekrom

Last edited:

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on all of the recent shinies since my last post in... February...!

So this is a thing that happened randomly...
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/20160423_080808_zpsisgn0yvd.jpg[/IMG139]
I was playing along with Chuggaaconroy's LP of Platinum using my second Diamond version which is rarely used for anything. So I kind of fell behind and had to catch up to where Chugga was and decided to try and get all the currently available legendaries with good natures since he's currently at PAX. Dialga and Uxie were caught without issue but Azelf was being a PAIN. It most often ended yup sweeping my team. Because catching it was so hard and made getting a good natured one take even longer I said to myself "It will probably end up shiny before it ends up Timid or Naive" and guess what happoened soon after I woke up this morning... shiny! I knew I would end up having to Master Ball it since it was so hard to catch normally. I still tried catching it in other balls first but once I was down to just Torterra and Azelf had stacked some Nasty Plots up... I threw the Master Ball and it was caught. It ended up with a Docile nature and IVs of 24/31/21/30/8/12. More pictures and Video: OT/ID, Summary, Sparkles and Video. There's a chance that Mesprit will shine too but if not, there's always Platinum, White2 and ORAS along with Uxie!

Good luck to all and may the way of the shine lead to the sparkle.

Last edited:

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Phillies on Nidoran M x6, Stunky x12, Nidoran F, Starly, Illumise x2, Wingull, Paras, Treecko, Mudkip, Zapdos, and Torchic, Boulderash on Beldum x3 and Gastly x2, LilyValley on Azelf, Palkia, Totodile, Electrike, and Fletchling (congrats on the 100th shiny milestone, too!), Silver Bolt on Growlithe, TheBuckeye11 on Aipom, Wartortle, Onix, and Fletchinder, Poke Maniac Eddie on Petilil and Tyrogue, Blasting Toise on Aron and Golbat, Hokker on Claydol x2, Aesnath on Mudkip, CharlieDoryRose on Doduo, Kirlia, and Mawile, maldoror on Bonsly, Cyndaquil, Chimchar, and Turtwig, Cpchris on Lairon and Onix, wobbanut on Wingull, Oddish, Snover, and Pumpkaboo, JohnNiles on Regice, Supremacy on Magmar, ClipOwl on Latias, Cottonee, and Zubat, pokemon trainer mystery on Vulpix and Feebas x2, Shine on Elgyem and Spinda, LucarioMan101 on Groudon, TheMaster327 on Growlithe and Wynaut, Paraqua on Tangela, Wurmple, Stantler, Absol, and Onix, Twilit Dragoon on Axew, Gwabatim on Scyther, Psychic on Skarmory, Laurelai on Lapras and Treecko (congrats on your 100th as well!), Zenn of Ascension on Aron, Electrike, and Zigzagoon, Jonah White on Flabebe and Pikachu, tui on Shaymin, Cyberra on Regirock, Ampharos_Spark on Azelf, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to Cpchris, ClipOwl, Twilit Dragoon, and Ambri for the congrats, and thanks also to Mrs. Oreo and Cpchris for the luck!

Earth to games... you can give me a shiny anytime you want. : P My targets still refuse to shine for me. Vulpix is at 5400 REs, Route 111 is at 9600 REs, and Volcarona is at 8400 SRs, making it the only shiny to reach odds (by far) on this BQ so far. It's also become my 3rd-longest SR hunt. I might need to do some more spur-of-the-moment MMing just to keep me going through the collective drought on my 3 main games. Worked well enough last time... xD

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially umbreonfan3636!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
FINALLY! After a half-dozen attempts between X and Y, all my horde spams on Route 12 finally paid off. I finally got my pink sheep. :) Even though I already got a shiny mareep in 4th gen after my first failed attempt, I was determined to get the 6th gen one while working on incomplete hunts before Sun and Moon comes out. Funny enough, I wasn't even watching the screen when it sparkled. I just looked down and, hey, shiny sheep.

Now if only my attempts at a shiny tentacool on ORAS can pay off...

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Congrats on all of the recent shinies since my last post in... February...!

So this is a thing that happened randomly...
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/20160423_080808_zpsisgn0yvd.jpg[/IMG139]
I was playing along with Chuggaaconroy's LP of Platinum using my second Diamond version which is rarely used for anything. So I kind of fell behind and had to catch up to where Chugga was and decided to try and get all the currently available legendaries with good natures since he's currently at PAX. Dialga and Uxie were caught without issue but Azelf was being a PAIN. It most often ended yup sweeping my team. Because catching it was so hard and made getting a good natured one take even longer I said to myself "It will probably end up shiny before it ends up Timid or Naive" and guess what happoened soon after I woke up this morning... shiny! I knew I would end up having to Master Ball it since it was so hard to catch normally. I still tried catching it in other balls first but once I was down to just Torterra and Azelf had stacked some Nasty Plots up... I threw the Master Ball and it was caught. It ended up with a Docile nature and IVs of 24/31/21/30/8/12. More pictures and Video: OT/ID, Summary, Sparkles and Video. There's a chance that Mesprit will shine too but if not, there's always Platinum, White2 and ORAS along with Uxie!

Good luck to all and may the way of the shine lead to the sparkle.

That's awesome. When I shiny hunt, I often either double watch let's plays or other people hunt for shinies

Phillies

Congratulations to everyone on your new shinies.

Besides the Mudkip, Zapdos and Torchic I caught earlier this week this morning I caught a semi legit shiny Darkrai. I used the action replay to unlock the event and then shiny hunted for it legitimately. I think I am going to start hunting for shiny Unown again now that the Mirage Spot finally showed up for me again.

Good luck to everyone.

Jonah White

Shiny Hunter/Trainer
First off, congrats to everyone on their new shinies, especially Ampharos_Spark on that shiny Azelf!

Well...today has been challenging to say the least! After 3 failed attempts to chain another shiny Eevee, (which, btw, is a very tough Pokemon to chain)
I decided to go for the easier target of Jigglypuff...but little did I know that it would turn out to be my longest pokeradar chain ever
and, on top of that, probably one of the shiny patches that requited the most radar resets to find! The cool thing, however, is that,
seeing as I went to 60 on my chain, the shiny Jigglypuff I caught has 3 perfect IVs in Attack, SpAttack, and SpDefense...not that
it really makes a difference seeing as Jigglypuff is awful competitively...but anyway. I'm just glad I managed to catch another shiny!

So good luck to all of you with your current hunts and

May the Shine Be With You!

Last edited:

TheBuckeye11

Shiny Hunter
This week drought has been testing my patient. No Nidoran at all or anything else.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
dhdFJDafblfjscvzfj!!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/949_zpsnbzlgm7p.jpg[/img139]

Holy bleep I was not expecting him to shine this fast! Only 459 soft resets and a blue-eyed lightning dragon descends to challenge me! Sync failed; he ended up careful nature, takes plenty of siestas, and has Teravolt. He's named after the Slavic god of thunder and lightning.

Next up is to take on the E4. Then, I believe, it's the delta episode. After that, maybe lugia.

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

After a few days of hatching Piplup shined! As I stated before, I am not a fan of Piplup so I didn't bother worrying about IVs. Seeing how adorable the shiny is I really wish I had. Oh well. I started on Oshawott right away. I had some 5 IV Oshawott that I had bred previously, so I didn't have to build up a good breeding pair. Good thing too, it shined in less than 30 eggs! Since Oshawott shined so quickly, I am going to try for Chikorita. I have never bred one before, so I had to start from scratch with the parents.

Still no luck with Snorunt on OR.

Ace Trainer Alex

wants to fight!
Just today, while breeding for a Pawniard for my college's Pokémon League (I am the Fighting E4, but next semester we are allowing 1-2 pokémon not of our type to be allowed on teams to add more structure and support), I found a shiny Pawniard out of nowhere. He had everything I was looking for, no less, which my one friend is jealous of and wants to harm me for it :p

Nickname: Shredder
Pokémon: Bisharp
Type: Steel/Dark
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Defiant
Item: Assault Vest
Move 1: Knock Off
Move 2: Iron Head
Move 3: Sucker Punch
Move 4: Pursuit
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: HP 192, Attack 220, Speed 96
Notes: Shiny!

TheMaster327

Nabbed myself a shiny Sewaddle last night after 185 DexNavs! It's now a Leavanny :) As for Munchlax, that's still not on the tree...

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg13bKyWgAA0W5Y.jpg[/img139]

Sewaddle got it's HA of Overcoat, the Egg Move Camouflage, and a gentle nature. Also was 3IV with HP, Sp. Atk and Speed! :)

Pokeaidan

Wake me up inside
So psyched right now.

On Friday, I was MMing for a shiny Ralts on my Alpha Sapphire game, and after 113 eggs, I got it.

Picture of the Ralts here

Today, I decided to hatch the rest of the 250 or so eggs I had stored in the PC, and on the 236th egg...

I get another one.

To prove it's a different Ralts, here's the summary page

It's crazy, finding two of the same shinies in 4 days, and i'm glad I decided to hunt for them.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*collapses in a dead faint*

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/952_zpsvgdrhi9c.jpg[/img139]

26 SRs. Twenty-six soft resets. That makes lugia officially my shortest SR hunt ever, beating out Registeel by an even 20 resets (registeel shone after only 46 SRs in White 2). Ho-lee crap.

Lugia is named after the old man of the sea and the god of the sea's bounty, from Greek myth. He's docile and alert to sounds, with Pressure.

Now that i have lugia I can access the beast trio; I want to try for suicune first since it's my favorite of the three.

Still totally in shock here. Three shiny legends in, what, three days?

JohnNiles

I need some catching advice. I've been catching legendaries for a while and don't have problems very often, but for some reason, I just can't get the job done tonight. It's 4 am and I've been at it since 11 pm. That's FIVE HOURS. I'm tired, pissed, and headed to bed. I've never needed to ask for help before, but I'm at my wit's end, and it's all I can do to keep from ripping my DS in half.

I got bored of my SoulSilver file and decided to restart. So to have some extra keepsakes, I went and caught the legendary dogs and started working on the birds. Not shinies, just the regular ones. They all put up a fight, but I managed to make progress until I tried catching Moltres.

This bastard, at a mere level 50, is ripping through my catchers. I suppose it's partially my fault for insisting on plain pokeballs, but I loathe Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls. It's resisted every attempt I've made and I can't figure out why things are going so badly. It just doesn't want to stay in the ball.

Moveset:
- Flamethrower: rips through my level 80 (but low defense) Smeargle and crits through my Amnesia-boosted Quagsire.
- Ancient Power: boosts its stats, making it harder to tank.
- Safeguard - prevents me from putting it to sleep. Taunt takes too much effort to keep up and the Pressure ability is pissing me off, so I thought I would paralyze it instead. Paralysis isn't even slowing it down.
- Air Slash: just all-around annoying.

I tend to favor Smeargle, Parasect, and Breloom for catching, but for obvious reasons, they get torn up by Moltres's moveset. The next best think I can think of would be to transfer over a decent level Gengar. I am _this_ close to grabbing a Kyogre just to tank the stupid Flamethrowers.

I want off this file as soon as possible and I'd rather not level something _just_ to handle this one problem, so I'm wondering if there's something commonly accessible that I may have overlooked. Suggestions would be appreciated.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Nabbed myself a shiny Sewaddle last night after 185 DexNavs! It's now a Leavanny :) As for Munchlax, that's still not on the tree...

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg13bKyWgAA0W5Y.jpg[/img139]

Sewaddle got it's HA of Overcoat, the Egg Move Camouflage, and a gentle nature. Also was 3IV with HP, Sp. Atk and Speed! :)

It's one of those shinies who's differences are subtle, but really looks good

maldoror

Well that was fast. Less than a day into Chikorita hatching, out pops a shiny. I hadn't even finished setting up a good breeding set. It has its hidden ability, which I didn't even notice that the Japanese parent had, and decent overall stats. Oh well. I wasn't planning to use it competitively anyway. This completes the starters for me: gen I via friend safari, gen II via MM and SR, gen III, IV, and V via MM, and gen VI via FS. I am working on completing my paused Amaura MM hunt to complete the fossils. After that, I don't know.

Snorunt continues to elude me in Shoal Cave.

Cyberra - A similar thing happened with my Cobalion and Virizion hunts on OR. I caught Cobalion and noticed that the day now made Virizion available (I was SRing for Cobalion for a few days). Within 5 SRs for Virizion a pink one showed up. I honestly couldn't believe it; two legendaries within a half hour.

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Well, the shiny train keeps on rolling. Over the weekend I got to the point where I could access mirage spots and get the shiny charm. While trying to fill in a few holes for the charm, I caught a shiny feebas, mostly because it seemed like it would be something fun to fish for. Then, on Sunday, after about 300 SRs, I got a yellow Latias, who I've named Mable, as my shiny latios is named dipper. Then last night, after about 200 SRs, I caught a gold accented Reshiram. At this point, I only need three more shiny legends to have a self-caught shiny legends set (obviously not including completely shiny locked pokes (Xerneas, Yevetal, Zygarde) or mythics).