• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Congratulations to:
wobbanut with Pachirisu; *Murkrow with Entei; Kalosian with Drilbur; Dragalge with Luxio; maldoror with Amaura; Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark with Pyroar, Ponyta and Raikou; TheMaster327 with Tyrunt; Doomdour with Phantump; Echo Nacyl with Shieldon; Jonah White with Abra!

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/6dCqpt9.png[/img300]

She hatched on the 85th egg, jolly nature with a spread of 12/31/31/31/31/31, so she'll be a nice Mega-Medicham. I also hatched a second one to complete the line at 279 eggs.
Next target is the Galvantula and I'm working on getting a good breeding pair.

Good luck to everyone with their hunts!

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Someone wonder traded me a shiny Salamence a few days ago :O

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Cool!

Lucked out today myself. Got traded a shiny Kangaskhan and a shiny Bulbasaur over the GTS.

Been doing some shiny hunting recently and ran into a shiny female Shuppet. Was trying for a Golurk, but it's still pretty cool.

Other ones I got recently: a shiny Noctowl (was in the middle of training when I ran into him), a shiny Audino and a shiny Poliwhirl.

I'm still working on hunting for a shiny Golurk. Along with a shiny Muk, Venomoth and Trapinch.

Last edited:

Zenn of Ascension

So after 10,661 RE, I finally found the next pokemon for my Ruby Badge Quest, a shiny Swablu.

Encounter

Summary

This one took its time to shine and reached double digits just like my Aron. Also once again it wasn't my main target as I was really hoping for a Zangoose to appear. Thankfully it wasn't a Seedot/Nuzleaf though, but it does mean that I'll have to come back here later to try and get Zangoose again. After I beat the 4th gym, I'll move over to the desert to hunt for a Shiny Trapinch. I already have a shiny Flygon in 5th Gen, but I've always wanted one in third gen since I love shinies in third gen. I really hope I get my target this time.

My Leaf Green Badge Quest is sitting at over 28,000 SR for Aerodactyl which has refused to shine. Congrats to everyone who got a shiny and good luck to everyone hunting!

EDIT: What the crap?!?! Only 21 Encounters after shiny Swablu a shiny Sandshrew appeared!

Encounter

Summary

This shone way too fast and was once again not my target. If only it was Trapinch that shone instead. The luck that this file has is insane as this makes it the second time I have found 2 shinies within one day with it! I think I'm going to stay here and continue hunting for a Trapinch instead of moving one to my next target. I really want a Flygon for my team.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't want to sound like a downer, but make sure that the location met qualifications and such are correct. WT Shiny Hacking does happen sometimes.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I don't want to sound like a downer, but make sure that the location met qualifications and such are correct. WT Shiny Hacking does happen sometimes.
I thought about that :/ How do you check again?

Nyter

Island Challenger
I have a few shinies myself but I rather trade them for specific Pokemon like a Timid Hidden Ability Froakie

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
Tried using the DexNav in Omega Ruby again and got a shiny Eevee yesterday after 371 DexNavs (female, because I was using a Cute Charm male Sylveon)! Today I went to the Safari Zone and found a shiny Pikachu after 220 DexNavs!

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/UdNkQeJ.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/AGLfMyG.jpg[/img300] [img300]http://i.imgur.com/LQRbN91.jpg[/img300]

Right now I decided to go back to the Friend Safari in X to see if I can finally catch a green Tangela. Months ago I did a whole lot of hunting for it, but it never shined for me.

Congrats on all recently caught shinies and good luck to all shiny hunters out there!

EDIT: Got a shiny Swadloon instead of Tangela after 485 encounters. I'm now switching over to a different friend safari with Tangela in it.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
OMG! Finally ran into a shiny Golurk! :) Named it TheIronGiant. Took forever for it to shine. Been trying on and off for months.

Now back onto hunting for a shiny Muk, Trapinch and Venomoth.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well regarding my recent shiny hunts, I've got some good news and slightly bad news. The good news is that while I was chain fishing in Y version yesterday, I hooked and a caught a shiny Corsola! The bad news is that I still haven't encountered that shiny Azelf in Pearl that I'm after. But I'll keep trying on Friday since I'll be off that day. :3

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
If anyone has ideas for May CH, you can PM me about it :)

Hopefully by the 7th we have a CH for May, or at least already have the voting ongoing.

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to Cyberra on Lugia, Jonah White on Abra, ClipOwl with Meditite, Italianbaptist with Salamence, WishIhadaManafi5 with Kangaskhan, Bulbasaur, Shuppet, Noctowl, Audino, Poliwhirl and Golurk, Zenn of Ascension with Swablu and Sandshrew, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark with Eevee and Pikachu and to Mrs. Oreo with Corsola.

After at least 810 eggs, I finally hatched a shiny Glameow. Female (Nicknamed Arlene, after the pink female cat from Garfield) with Jolly nature through everstone, 5 perfect IV's (Only missing Sp. DEF) and has her hidden abillity Keen Eye.

Good luck to all future shinies

Jonah White

Shiny Hunter/Trainer
Congrats to everyone on their amazing shinies!! Especially Zenn of Ascension on Swablu!
All of that REing must have taken a LOT of patience.

So today I thought I'd go after Scatterbug in Santalune forest. After a laborious chain, which I
gradually built up whenever I had some free time during the day, I finally hit 40 on the pokeradar and
sure enough, shiny Scatterbug showed it's pretty white face. It's now a lovely shiny garden Vivillon!
I'm very pleased, hehe.

So good luck and persevere to all those still hunting and as always...

May the Shine Be With You!

Last edited:

Doomdour

Color Ball Collector
Don't keep track of the exact number of eggs though this guy hatched in about 30.

[img139]http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab261/Blade7526/20160504_215853_zpsaytim0c9.jpg[/img139]

Getting really fortunate. :)

TheMaster327

Not so much a shiny, but feels like one. After 160ish Honey, the bastard finally shows up to be SRed ;)
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChrzupuUgAAWgEv.jpg[/img139]

Congrats on the recent shinies guys, and good luck those still hunting!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Tried using the DexNav in Omega Ruby again and got a shiny Eevee yesterday after 371 DexNavs (female, because I was using a Cute Charm male Sylveon)! Today I went to the Safari Zone and found a shiny Pikachu after 220 DexNavs!

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/UdNkQeJ.jpg[/img300]

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/AGLfMyG.jpg[/img300] [img300]http://i.imgur.com/LQRbN91.jpg[/img300]

Right now I decided to go back to the Friend Safari in X to see if I can finally catch a green Tangela. Months ago I did a whole lot of hunting for it, but it never shined for me.

Congrats on all recently caught shinies and good luck to all shiny hunters out there!

EDIT: Got a shiny Swadloon instead of Tangela after 485 encounters. I'm now switching over to a different friend safari with Tangela in it.

Why has a shiny Pikachu never been involved in the anime?

gerehead

So it's been a while sence I cought these guys but I wanted to brag about them!

Went on a much needed vacation a couple of weeks ago and was friend safari hunting for a shiny male kirila. Used cute charm to bump up my chances. Have been trying for one on and off sence soul silver doing Dex nav, egg hatching, chaining, etc. Put MANY hours into this and finally thought that this would be the perfect time to try! Friend safari hunted in a FS that only had kirlia and mawile. Cought a shiny mawials pretty quickly (during plain ride to my destination) and thought "cool, I can work with this". He had a neutral nature and good stats in the areas that counted. From there I continued to catch two more mawile, bringing my count to three, and each one was worse then the last...

After that lost steam again and gave up for the rest of vacation. Then on the plane ride home I decided to try again, and almost emediatly after we took off a shiny krilia showed up! AMD my cute charm worked and he was male! So a few mins later he was cought and mine! Evolved him into a gallade after getting hypnosis on him and training him!

So woot!

Congrats to everyone else who has been getting the shinys that they have been working towards!

Happy hunting.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, I had some good luck this week, three shinies, all pokemon I haven't had shiny before. :)

First, I got the shiny yamask I was hoping for in White 2. Unfortunately, it was female, so I can't add it to my shiny Rocketdex. I'll try again for a male later.

Then, while doing a fire friend safari on Y, I got a shiny slugma. :D Thank God I don't have to horde spam for it on ORAS now.

Finally, while doing a bug safari on Y, I got a shiny volbeat. :) After three illumise in the past (one failed), I finally got the boy.

Now I'm just hoping for my repel tricks on HG (for spinarak) and SS (for male Meowth) to pay off soon.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Happy Cinco De Mayo!

She's got perfect IVs in all stats except HP and has a Jolly nature too! The most surprising thing about it is that I switched out a Meditite who has perfect IVs in everything except Speed with another one that had a better spread and before I switched out the parents, I took the Egg that you could accept/decline before wanting to take out the parents in the Daycare. Best part is that it was my 6th Egg. 6 EGGS TOTAL!

Congratulations to those that have gotten shinies recently and good luck to those that are hunting!

dks89

So after about 1500 encounters in a Friend Safari consisting of Growlithe, Charmeleon, and Ninetales, I finally came across a shiny Charmeleon. That about describes my luck in hunting though, which is not very good. Charmeleon has a Gentle nature with its HA Solar Power. 2 31s in attack and defense.

Few days ago I caught a shiny Vulpix after 949 DexNav encounters. Thankfully it has its HA Drought. Vulpix has a Mild nature with 2 31s in HP and defense.

Currently hunting Absol through DexNav. 325 encounters so far. Also going for Zangoose in hordes in X, and MMing for Eevee in OR.

That also leads me to a question regarding the MM. What is the most efficient way to hunt using MM? Is it better to collect a mass amount of eggs then hatch or is it better to do a mix of collecting and hatching at same time? It's my first time doing it so any help is appreciated!

Anyways, good luck to everyone in their shiny hunts!

Edit: After 69 eggs to my great excitement a shiny Eevee sneaked up on me. Naming him Sneaky after my favourite league of legends player! Mild nature with xx/31/31/31/31/31 IVs. Still have 49 more eggs to hatch!

Last edited: