• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What do you think is your luckiest shiny catch? For me, it's my catch of the pink Quagsire

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to maldoror with Cryogonal and Houndour, Erron Black with Spritzee, Meditite and Coballion, jean010 with Magikarp, Druddigon and Sliggoo, Charizard_Rulez84 with Mareep, WishIhadaManafi5 with Lampent, Laurelai with Tornadus and Landorus, Giblie with Ponyta, Dragalge with Shelmet, Birds of Paradise withWailmer x3 and to Doomdour with Magikarp,

After a mere 275 eggs, a shiny Teddiursa popped from it's egg. Male (Nicknamed Hulk), Adamant nature (Through everstone), Pickup ability. Relatively superior with perfect IV's in DEF, Sp. ATK and Sp. DEF

Good luck to all future shinies

PsychoKing47

Congrats to all recent shinies. On my end, neither of my MM hunts are yielding any shinies, but at least I'm starting to get through a lot of eggs now, so that should mean I won't have to wait as long for one of them to shine. Anyway, I got through 138 eggs today to bring me up to 420 Hawlucha eggs and 120 Misdreavus eggs. I'm really hoping Hawlucha shines by the time I've gotten through 500 eggs, simply because I want that particular hunt to end so I can breed other stuff and fill in gaps in the Pokedex. Seriously, this hunt has been on-and-off for more than 18 months now, so it would be nice to finish it. By contrast, Misdreavus has only been going for three days, but I feel like that will shine at least once before Hawlucha bothers to (hopefully twice, but not with my miserable luck with MMing so far).

Last edited:
I hatched over 1000 eggs for a Larvitar once, so don't give up on that Hawlucha, PsychoKing.

I finally got my Shiny Charm yesterday and today I was surfing to train up a low-level pokemon when I randomly encountered a shiny Tentacruel! It really surprised me and even though I didn't have my usual capturing team with me, I was able to get it in a Dive Ball. Now it's back to breeding Starly for my next one!

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies! (Also, thanks to Cpchris for the luck!)

No new shinies since my last post, but it's ok because I'm finally freaking done with college holy crap yes : D I am so excited to be free from homework, exams, studying, etc etc... Now I'm looking forward to being able to get back to my hunts (at least until I get a job xD). I started a new BQ in Platinum, which I've been meaning to do for a long time but never got the chance until now. I'm hunting for Chimchar as my first team member; it's currently at 200 SRs. My other hunts stand at 8500 REs for Vulpix, 9600 SRs for Volcarona, and 1400 REs on Route 120. Hoping my luck in the second half of the year will be better than the first half... I've only found 4 shinies in 2016 so far, which is way lower than normal. Fingers crossed!

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Recently got a Shiny Slugma and Shiny Spearow for my Friend Safari challenge. Now I'm moving on to a Ghost safari with Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Spiritomb. My main target is going to be Pumpkaboo. I really hope I don't get Lampent. Will really make me not want to hunt in most of the Ghost safaris I have...

EDIT: Decided to add Spiritomb as my main target as well. Since I love that shiny.

Last edited:

Mienfoomaster

I am currently at 875 SR for snivy in black and 85 SR for shiny Dratini in my heart gold game corner. I decided to add SR for shiny starter on my second heart gold copy, hopefully something will shine soon!

Edit: OMGGGG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! I got a shiny cyndaquil after 33 soft resets and 100 seen!!! (Because cyndaquil is the second one) This was so fast of a hunt! It's my third shiny cyndaquil though...

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
What do you think is your luckiest shiny catch? For me, it's my catch of the pink Quagsire

Suicune and Rayquaza, hands down.

Congrats to those who got new shinies!

Took a little break from the Ghost hunt and went on a hunt for a shiny Wartortle. Found one tonight and named him Leo.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to SkyMew on Buizel, maldoror on Ekans, Charizard_Rulez84 on Thundurus, Echo Nacyl on Tropius, Giblie on Fennekin, Charizard_Rules84 on Zorua, jean010 on Bagon, wobbanut on Farfetch’d, Samayouru on Mudkip, LilyValley on Drilbur, Zenn of Ascension on Sudowoodo, LilyValley on Drilbur, Paraqua on Axew, maldoror on Cryogonal, Charizard_Rulez84 on Mareep, Laurelai on Tornadus and Landorus, Erron Black on Cobalion, Dragalge on Shelmet, Paraqua on Teddiursa, Volcarocka on Tentacruel, Mienfoomaster on Cyndaquil, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, jean010 :)

-----------

I’ve taken up running in addition to my normal exercises, so it’s been taking up some more of my hunting time. I’ve also gotta start getting more apartment stuff ready since that’ll be happening in just under a month. And I just seem to be busier hanging out with people purely out of coincidence (normally it’s not this frequent o_O), so some days I’ve been lucky to even finish 100 REs >_>

But hey! Today I got something :D After 9,110 REs on my Black 2, I got a 2nd shiny Nosepass!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/TpwQYMO.jpg[/IMG200]

I honestly wanted to get Nosepass out of the way before I got my final Lairon, so this worked out pretty well. It’s female, Impish, Sturdy ability, and has the following IVs: 4 – 28 – 27 – 26 – 12 – 1 . I would’ve preferred a male to evolve, but for several reasons I decided to evolve this one instead of my male one. But regardless, Nosepass evo line completed and my 15th two-stage family completed! Now hopefully I won’t have problems getting this last Lairon so I can finally be done with this cave…

Good luck, everyone (especially Cyberra, TheMaster327, Cyberra, Crimson Penguin, G-Money, Martinzqx, CharlieDoryRose, umbreonfan3636, tui, SheroGH, ChaoticInverse, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Ugh I hate Chain Fishing, for some reason I have awful luck when I have Shiny Charm, but without I can get them super quickly. SO I'm putting Corphish back on the shelf after a disappointing 70+ chain breaking because apparently I was "too slow"...

Going for Frillish now. Specifically a female one, I love female Frillish's shiny compared to the male's. Funnily enough, I like Jellicent's male shiny more than the female.

About 250+ on the Ghost safari already, really hoping I can get a quick one with this one and not a slow one like that Fire Safari...

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Suicune and Rayquaza, hands down.

Congrats to those who got new shinies!

Took a little break from the Ghost hunt and went on a hunt for a shiny Wartortle. Found one tonight and named him Leo.

How so? Did you get them rather quickly?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
PsychoKing, I once hatched over 3,800 eggs for a woobat in Y, with the shiny charm. Don't give up! It may take a while, but the results are worth it ^_^

Anyway...

Proving once again that I can out-stubborn any shiny, look who finally decided to show up.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/985_zpsqp4c1lvk.jpg[/img139]

It took a total of 17,821 soft resets to find this guy. Sync worked and he is adamant, and likes to thrash about. His name is German and literally means "stubborn head", which is exactly what this electric tiger was. He earned his name. Despite his stubbornness about being found, he didn't put up much of a fight. I put him to sleep, false swiped him, he woke up, I put him to sleep again, then caught him with the very first ball I threw.

I only have the one syncer, transferred from Y, so I am going to pause to breed more with different natures before I return to Trackless Forest and start camping entei.

Last edited:

PhazonRain429

Pokémon collector
Yesterday I found myself a shiny Dialga in my AS, I freaked out when I saw him as it was probably under 100 soft resets! Unfortunately the synchronizer failed and he ended up with a relaxed nature and with one of the perfect stats in speed.

Oh well. I still love him, haha! I'll probably go for Heatran next. :)

SkyMew

I've never had this much of Shiny luck in Pokémon Y!

I got three Shinies in the same game, today!

One was a Riolu I hatched for my friend.

Then I get a Shiny Trapinch while breeding too.

Then I encounter a Shiny Nincada in a Friend Safari!

This is one of my luckiest days with Shiny Pokémon, ever.

PsychoKing47

Hatched another 40 eggs in each of my MM hunts, but still no shinies yet. I then moved onto some Dexnav chaining for a change of pace, but my Voltorb chain broke at 82 after I got bored of it.

For future reference, where would you advise is a good spot to try to Dexnav chain on Route 113, as I want to chain there for Skarmory or Bouffalant?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Been a long time since I posted here. The Sun and Moon news has gotten me back into Pokemon and Shiny Hunting (fingers crossed Game Freak drop the Shiny Locks as I'd love a shiny Lunala). I have obtained a few shinies since my last post including 2 Shiny Psyduck via DexNav while trying for egg moves, and my fourth shiny Zorua via MM (missing a crucial IV for the fourth time so I need to go after yet another one).

Currently I'm trying to MM for a Shiny Feebas on my Alpha Sapphire version using an English male Feebas from my Omega Ruby and a Japanese female Feebas from my Alpha Sapphire. I don't know how many eggs I'm at because I wasn't counting at the start of this hunt as only the english Feebas was 5IV. I hatched a 5IV female and officially started the hunt but didn't bother counting the eggs. I put both parents in Day Care at Lv1 and the last time I checked they were at Lv61 and 59 respectively so I've hatched a good number of eggs so far.

Congrats to everyone on their new shinies and good luck to all those hunting :)

Erron Black

The Outlaw
For future reference, where would you advise is a good spot to try to Dexnav chain on Route 113, as I want to chain there for Skarmory or Bouffalant?

There's no such thing as Dexnav Chaining for shinies. The odds for them are static and never change unless you get the Shiny Charm. Normal odds are 1/512, same as Friend Safari odds. Shiny Charm odds are 1/201, just 1 above max chain for Fishing and Pokeradar. The only chaining via Dexnav is to raise levels and odds of better stat rolls, egg moves, and HA if possible.

Still working on the Ghost safari. Looks like it's going to be another Fire Safari... >.>

I just wish you could switch from sneak mode to walking mode in ORAS. Especially when surfing, randomly your character will just burst forward and scare it away, it's quite annoying.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Oops, all this time I forgot to change "April" into "May" on the first post lol.

I'm really sorry that I couldn't update the CH completion list for May, I was busy because my laptop broke just recently. It's fixed now, though.

Anyway

Ideas for June CH, PM me which one you prefer :D

#1 Father's Day

In honor of father's day, a shiny pokemon that species only has males.

#2 Genderless only hunt (I think we never have this one before)

genderless only Pokémon!

I'm hoping we already have a CH for this month by Monday, so all of you please send me your choice :D

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Just got a Shiny Pumpkaboo! Halfway done with my Safari hunt! :)

Moving on to Grass Type, I picked a Safari with Pansage, Swadloon, and Quilladin. Mainly hoping for Quilladin, but I'll settle for Swadloon too! Pansage wouldn't be very hype tho.