• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Mudster

Master of the Legend
Just got a shiny HA Spheal in friend safari. Nicknamed it Purpwalrein

Laurelai

Doomdour

Color Ball Collector
54 eggs and this fella popped out. Wasn't even really looking :)

[img139]http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab261/Blade7526/20160615_221330_zpsrpu8fzpy.jpg[/img139]

Timid nature.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Well, Latios and the Ice Safari are both being really stubborn. Especially the Ice Safari, I believe I'm over odds at this point and nothing has shined. Unsure about Latios, but I've been at it for quite a while now. Hoping he shines sometime soon.

Rotom1598

While I was EV training Misdreavus for Speed in Platinum, i decided to train it simultaneoulsy with Pokeradar chaining, so that i can keep on having the same starly encounter and perhaps get a shiny. After chain 40, i finally found one Shiny Starly, and then after some time of searching for another one, i got exhausted and delibrately broke the chain. This Shiny Starly is my fourth one found by chaining.
;396;;200;​

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Congrats everyone on your shinies, especiallyD oomdour on your Deino. I'm gonna MM for one myself later.

I just caught a shiny eevee, snover and riolu yesterday. Also a shiny female combee this morning. They were exactly what I was hunting for. I'm also very pleased that the Shiny riolu I caught in the FS apparently has 4 Ivs.

Hunting for a raindish wartortle now. Been getting torrent ones :s (4 torrents no rain dish)

Btw, if you have a FS with Mightyena or Elecabuzz, please let me know !

Echo Nacyl

Hoorah~
MY 742nd Phione egg shined. It's Timid (everstoned), 31/31/31/31/11/31, and Alert to Sounds. Glad that didn't take as long as Manaphy (years of restarting games to hatch it on probably wasn't going to be outdone though)

I was going to post a pic, but it is not working.

EDIT: Just caught a shiny Zorua while DexNav EV training the Phione. 248th encounter, so I was nearly done when it appeared. Level 20, Naughty, egg move Captivate, male, and Somewhat Vain.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Yes! I finally got my Latios to shine! Synchronize worked on it too, and it's Modest nature. I would've gone for Timid, but I didn't have a Timid Synchronizer, so I went for the next best nature. It's IVs are in Defense, Special Attack, and Speed too, which is pretty darn good!

Still nothing from this stupid Ice Safari, it's getting really annoying! I'm almost at double odds. :/

I'm still working on my HG starter hunt. Since I know this one can be thousands of SRs I am much more patient with it. Plus, the SR'ing isn't too slow either.

Going to see if I can Dexnav something up at a Mirage Spot on AS now!

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
Today i completed my Regi collection with a shiny Regigigas. I decided to watch some animé before work, and figured it would also be good to get some SR's in. About five minutes into the show Regigigas shined. Was not a long hunt at all roughly five days maybe, 13hrs total. The shiny charm has proven it's worth yet again. Now onto Ho-oh. With a batch of Nidoran on the side.

[img139]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/agoff4/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmqmgchho.jpeg[/img139]

[img139]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/agoff4/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpskivlj0aj.jpeg[/img139]

V

Shiny Hunter
Hope everyone's hunting is going well. I've now gotten through four badges on my Shiny Badge Quest: Croconaw, Butterfree, Noctowl, and Alakazam. I am currently doing a super special hunt- Entei or Raikou, whichever shines first.

I am doing an extended documentation of the experience on another site, and I think after I completely finish the Johto region, I will share it up until then, and again after I complete the Kanto one.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
What a very anti climatic end to a hunt for a shiny. I got unlucky and found Delibird as my shiny.(Of course, I can only blame myself because I literally said "At this point I'll be okay with a Delibird...) My reaction was really... well... meh. I just said: "Oh... Look what I found."

Time to move on though! Off to a Normal safari now. :)

Also just started hunting Stantler on Mirage Mountain. It has Donphan, Kricketune, and Forretress there as well, so once I find Stantler shiny, I might as well go for them too.

EDIT: The normal Safari I initially chose was Aipom, Kecleon, and Ditto, however, I don't want to risk finding a Shiny Ditto with Imposter while I'm not paying attention, so instead I chose one with Chansey over Ditto.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
So they're doing a shiny Machamp event. The funny thing about this is that one of my very earliest shinies was a Machoke

PokeAmi

Finally got a shiny male Pyroar in the FS!
and also got a shiny blue Shellos at a pokeradar chain of 2 in Platinum! So that was a neat suprise! :D

Good Luck to everyones hunt and Congratz on all caught shinies! :)

Pokeaidan

Wake me up inside
Seeing that it's Father's Day, I find this awesome.

After 1038 eggs and almost 2 months of on and off hunting...

1DHbBX0.jpg

I hatched another Shiny Ralts!

But it's another female.

I was really hoping that it was going to be a male this time, seeing how this is my third attempt at a male shiny, but honestly i'm happy that I got another one in the first place, because of how long this took. I'll probably end up continuing to hunt for a male one though, haha.

Anyways, good luck to everyone else and their ongoing shiny hunts, and Happy Fathers Day!

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Congrats everyone!
I got myself 2 more shinies. First one was Electabuzz in the FS after a short hunt. Then I decided to hunt for a shiny poochyena. After more than 1000 encounters in hordes, I gave up horde hunting and switch to dexnav. Surprisingly It shined after just ONE dexnav encounter............. wut. xD

Now gonna hunt for my 3rd shint eevee I think. A female this time to be evolved into sylveon. Good luck everyone.

Zeb

TheMaster327

Guess what? MY PLATINUM KNOWS WHAT AN UNDER ODDS HUNT IS! Only 2,501 REs and this pops out!

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClV_TTJWkAANADW.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClV_TT1WIAAW0eQ.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClV_TTHWMAA9uyH.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClV_TUSWEAMdW4g.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Hippo! It's a Sassy nature, with the IVs: 26, 27 / 27 / 10 - 13 / 0 / 5 - 8 / 6 - 9. So glad of where that 0 was placed!

Up next with be Fuego Ironworks for Magmar, but I don't mind what I get there. Even Magnemite isn't terrible (I have a shiny Magnezone already, but I can keep a second one as a Magneton).

Congrats on all the recent shinies and good luck to those still hunting!

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Above: That's a shiny? I thought that was just the gender difference mechanic of the Pokemon

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

After a few days of hatching, Duskull shined yesterday morning! It is adamant natured (thanks to everstone) and has 5 perfect IVs! Of course it is missing attack...

I am now MM hunting Joltik and am about 100 eggs in. After Joltik I am targeting Hippopotas (major congrats to TheMaster327 on yours!).

I have been hunting Unown on OR for a few weeks now with no luck so far. I have hatched 11 shinies on Y since my last OR find.