• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Chloe Cassandra

Long time no see.
All right, so I have a funny story for today.

A friend and I were exchanging shinies to register for our dexes, and sure enough the 3DS servers were lagging like crazy. After one trade, both of our systems were forced to shut off and apparently my shiny Oddish got cloned, so now I have two! I can get both shiny Vileplume and Bellsprout! The only downside is that my shiny Ekans was deleted due to the accidental clone, so RIP Ekans - 10/4/2015 - 7/11/2016. XD

Just a few minutes ago, I hatched a shiny Cubone on the fourth egg, and it's also in a Safari ball! The green blends really nice! I guess this makes up for Ekans's loss. :p (I honestly don't know why I always get a shiny on the fourth egg all of the time).

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Wow, thanks a bunch for that. Had no clue you could do that there!

I'm now pulling in way more Chinchou than Remoraid and my chain isn't breaking either. :)

One broken chain and about 20 fishes later, I got my Shiny Chinchou!

Male, Relaxed nature, and nicknamed Ranpu. Now I've got to breed a few Pokemon for some trades and then I'll be back to my Ducklett hunt. :)

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to LilyValley on Larvitar, Supremacy on Steelix, wobbanut on Heracross, Cyberra on Entei and Thundurus, maldoror on Joltik and Hippopotas, tonyg44x on Ho-Oh, kat1123 on Cresselia, wobbanut on Treecko, Laurelai on Electrike, Bambo on Ariados, Romanticide on the BQ shinies, Phillies on Hoppip, Lexya428 on Skarmory, Paraqua on Weedle, Cyberra on Cobalion, Erron Black on Solosis, Ampharos_Spark on Steelix (and on the BQ!), maldoror on Feebas and Mareep and Noibat, Lexya428 on Torchic, TheMaster327 on Magmar, Demonslayer492 on Groudon, Greedy Chibi on Golbat, Ryohei on Skrelp, Echo Nacyl on Combee, Romanticide on Steelix and Litwick, tonyg44x on Reshiram and Suicune, Zenn of Ascension on Heracross, Charizard_Rulez84 on Drilbur, Crimson Penguin on Dratini, Ryohei on Gastly, oarfish on Fletchling, Echo Nacyl on Tepig, Zenn of Ascension on Marowak, Doobius on Riolu, oarfish on Tyrunt and Dratini, ChiefLucarioOfficer on Cubone, and everyone else on your shinies!

And biggest congrats of all to Dangertrout!

Thanks for the congrats, Supremacy :D

And I of course remember you as well, Gligari – welcome back!

-----------

Welp, I really need to post this just for the sake of it getting outdated x.X Hunting’s been slow for me. Still been distracted, so I’ve only been getting 100-200 REs/day. But at least it’s something again!

Good luck, everyone (especially Crimson Penguin, CharlieDoryRose, umbreonfan3636, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, ChaoticInverse, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So I FINALLY bought Omega Ruby and am doing a Shiny Badge Quest on it.

Hunting for Seedot for my #1!

EDIT:

After a little over 100 encounters, I found another Shiny Cascoon! Evolved it into Dustox, and now all I need is this stupid Beautifly. I've been in this Bug Safari with one forever now, and I've only found a Shiny Vivillon about a week ago.(Which, I already have...) So now I am Dexnavving for a Silcoon on AS and FS for Beautifly... >.<

A little progress made on my Seedot hunt, but nothing yet. :)

Last edited:

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to LilyValley on Larvitar, Supremacy on Steelix, wobbanut on Heracross, Cyberra on Entei and Thundurus, maldoror on Joltik and Hippopotas, tonyg44x on Ho-Oh, kat1123 on Cresselia, wobbanut on Treecko, Laurelai on Electrike, Bambo on Ariados, Romanticide on the BQ shinies, Phillies on Hoppip, Lexya428 on Skarmory, Cyberra on Cobalion, Erron Black on Solosis, Ampharos_Spark on Steelix (and on the BQ!), maldoror on Feebas and Mareep and Noibat, Lexya428 on Torchic, TheMaster327 on Magmar, Demonslayer492 on Groudon, Greedy Chibi on Golbat, Ryohei on Skrelp, Echo Nacyl on Combee, Romanticide on Steelix and Litwick, tonyg44x on Reshiram and Suicune, Zenn of Ascension on Heracross, Charizard_Rulez84 on Drilbur, Crimson Penguin on Dratini, Ryoheion Gastly, oarfish on Fletchling, Echo Nacyl on Tepig, Zenn of Ascension on Marowak, Doobius on Riolu, oarfish on Tyrunt and Dratini, ChiefLucarioOfficer on Cubone, and everyone else on your shinies!

After 660 eggs, a shiny Corsola finally hatched

Nickname: Aoi
Female
Nature: Calm (Through Everstone)
Ability: Regenerator
Moves:
- Tackle
- Harden
- Ingrain
- Aqua Ring
Stats:
HP: 31
ATK: 31
DEF: 31
Sp. ATK: 31
Sp. DEF: 31
Speed: X

Good luck to all future shinies

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Congratulations to everyone and their recent shinies!

Well, I am back already. This is starting to feel like last February for me.
I have upped my number of Pokémon for my multi-Pokémon MM hunt. I am up to eight Pokémon now.
They are the following: Skorupi, Rufflet, Litwick (the only one not everstoned Adamant-Modest instead), Inkay, Scyther, Fletchling, Ralts, and Tyrunt.
Just now, I hatched a shiny from this group.

A shiny Litwick.
Funny how it is the only one I did not everstone Adamant. Huh. (And yes, it is Modest.)
It has 5 31 IV's, with a spread of 31/31/31/31/x/31. Quite usable for me.
I plan on training this girl after I finish this group of eggs. (It has been about 250 eggs since my last shiny a few days ago.)

Good luck to everyone else!

EDIT: -less than fifteen minutes later-
I just hatched another shiny from this group.
My fourth self-hatched shiny Tyrunt.
Same IV spread as that Litwick. 31/31/31/31/x/31. Also usable. Finally, I hatched a usable (in my case) shiny Tyrunt. (Yes, it is Adamant.)
I plan on training this boy soon as well. Yay for finally completing my high-IV Tyrunt MM.

EDIT 2: So I just checked the Community Hunt for this Month. I suppose that Litwick makes this Community Hunt Complete.

Last edited:
Currently hunting for Bill's Eevee in HG. Its a Reclaim from my lost SS file. Had a shiny chikorita, shiny cyndaquil, shiny ferrow, and a shiny MODEST eevee and lost the game. So, here I go again. Currently I have Shinies of meganium(reclaim), raticate, and as of TODAY I GOT SHINY METAPOD! While hunting eevee I often get bored (been hunting for months now) so whenever the bug catching contest is going on I always spend that day trying to get a shiny scyther or pinser. Today metapod popped up! super excited for shiny butterfree. Has Rash nature which isn't too bad! His IVs are awful but really not the reason I do this lol. image1-2.jpg

Erron Black

The Outlaw
*sigh* I really hoped I never had to say this again: I got another Shiny Vivillon while hunting for my Shiny Beautifly. I nicknamed her an inappropriate name lol.

Needless to say, Vivillon is becoming more and more irritating and I'm starting to like it a LOT less.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
*sigh* I really hoped I never had to say this again: I got another Shiny Vivillon while hunting for my Shiny Beautifly. I nicknamed her an inappropriate name lol.

Needless to say, Vivillon is becoming more and more irritating and I'm starting to like it a LOT less.

Trade it for another patterned shiny Vivillon

Dangertrout

OP updated. I guess now would be a good time to start thinking about the next CH. PM or VM me ideas for the August community hunt. We'll start the voting next week.
Also... Almost done wonder trading all my excess HA exeggcutes, so I'll be starting the next batch soon. Hoping it shows up early in this batch, otherwise I'll be getting pretty close to 5K eggs on this hunt :(

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
While training my Pokemon on route 117 I ran into a shiny female oddish
She is decent all around with no IVs sadly

Erron Black

The Outlaw
FINALLY!! Got my Shiny Beautifly! Just added a new Friend Safari with Beautifly, Butterfree, and Vivillon, but didn't go online for the Vivillon.(For obvious reasons) Within about 200 encounters I got the Beautifly!!

Bambo

So I decided to start a BQ in my AS game since I needed to restart it anyways to get the shiny legends.

Pokemon so far
BQ #1 : Shroomish Jolly Nature at 72 dexnav encounters
BQ #2 : Magikarp Mild Nature at 462 encounters about 6 chain in total.

Unsure on my next target whether I'll do Zubat/Aron/Sableye hordes in Granite Cave or dexnav a shiny electrik.

Congrats on all the shines

Edit:

BQ #3: Zubat Impish with its Hidden Ability after 170 horde encounters

Edit 2:

While EV training my Zubat with Poochyena and Zigzagoon at a little over 50 encounters my guess would be between 60-70 since I ran from a few encounter I ran into a Shiny Zigzagoon this won't be used in my badge quest since I haven't got the third badge yet.

Zigzagoon is Quiet nature with Gluttony as the Ability I just put it into it's shiny living dex position.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
WOW!!! At only 2 Friend Safari encounters, I got a Shiny Growlithe!!!! I named him Barry and he's a Lax nature. Unsure what his IVs are in, but it's such a beautiful shiny!

That makes my Challenge Shiny for this month! :)

razor fire

So recently I've had my fair share of luck, but also bad luck.
The last couple of days I've gotten around 3 shinies per day, completing the hoppip family, psyduck family, wailmer family, carvanha family, and many others. I also caught a shiny ponyta yesterday, quiet natured and with flash fire, so that marks the Community Hunt completed for me at least :D
But I also accidentally killed a shiny psyduck earlier (which I fortunately and evidently reclaimed a few days later).
However, today I was horde encountering mareeps and found two shiny mareep in one horde :( What are the odds? Why can't we capture both of them?!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well as planned I started my next major soft reset themed shiny hunt in Pearl and I'm attempting to get a shiny Uxie to show up at Lake Acuity's cave hee hee. I've spent the past night working on it and also this morning I put some work into chain fishing for shinies on Alpha Sapphire. I'm going to work on those two hunts at once until I get tired. ^^;

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I've been progressing slowly, and I switched some things around which means I have space to hatch 690 Pokémon before clearing them out. I got to 690 Beldum hatched and afterwards, it wasn't long before I hatched my shiny, at 713 eggs. Jolly, with the IVs 31/31/x/x/31/31. I'll train this one up and then begin hatching Gible, and I'll be aiming for one with the HA. Good luck to all who are hunting!

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
After 1888 eggs, I FINALLY hatched a shiny houndour.
It's one of my favourite pokemon. Its female... I kinda wanted it to be male. She is Timid, in a moon ball, has flash fire (used an ability capsule) 5IVs missing Sp. Attack..
Considering the number of eggs and countless hordes it took me to get her, I'll gladly keep her <3

With that I completed my personal shiny hunt goal for my team which I started almost a year ago I think (80/80)! xD
Also Community Hunt Complete again! (after ninetales)

Next, I'm gonna shiny hunt for all starters now. I'm at 10/18.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
In pokemon X, I found a shiny Weepinbell while looking for a Ekans. Caught it with Quick Ball. Relaxed Nature and Capable of Taking Hits characteristic. Good luck with your shiny hunts everyone and congratulations to all those with new shiny pokemon.