• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Blackkyurem

Congratulations to all who have caught shinies recently and good luck to everyone on their hunts.
After years of being on and off shiny hunting, I have decided to make my return. Sometime today I'll whip out the old tally book and start SRing for a shiny Treeko, which will be the first Pokemon in my Alpha Saphire Badge Quest!
Wish me luck for someone who hasn't seriously shiny hunted since 2014!

Doomdour

Color Ball Collector
After 1888 eggs, I FINALLY hatched a shiny houndour.
It's one of my favourite pokemon. Its female... I kinda wanted it to be male. She is Timid, in a moon ball, has flash fire (used an ability capsule) 5IVs missing Sp. Attack..
Considering the number of eggs and countless hordes it took me to get her, I'll gladly keep her <3

With that I completed my personal shiny hunt goal for my team which I started almost a year ago I think (80/80)! xD
Also Community Hunt Complete again! (after ninetales)

Next, I'm gonna shiny hunt for all starters now. I'm at 10/18.

Congrats! Makes me feel a whole lot better about Riolu not shining.

After getting my shiny metapod I decided to go for a shiny abra from the game corner and BOOM! got a shiny abra with relaxed nature and 31 IV in speed, of course. about 3 days of hunting and Im super happy! Just curious, when you guys get a nature that isn't too complimentary, do you EV train it according to its nature or its base stats? not sure how I want to train this relaxed abra

Last edited:

Dangertrout

Still looking for to PM of VM ideas for the next CH (I have one so far).

I have a bit of time to hunt finally, but I realized I haven't visited the delivery girl since the Beldum event. Which means she has been standing there for months with a ton of stuff for me. I envision her standing in the pokemon center with a bag overflowing with pokeballs (and an eon ticket) constantly trying to get my attention when I run around the pokemon center and never succeeding. She just wants to go home, why must I keep ignoring her? What a jerk!
I guess I should SR some events for a bit first :p

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Got a shiny Meditite last night which means I'm now done with the Meditite line for my shiny living dex!!

TheMaster327

Still looking for to PM of VM ideas for the next CH (I have one so far).

I have a bit of time to hunt finally, but I realized I haven't visited the delivery girl since the Beldum event. Which means she has been standing there for months with a ton of stuff for me. I envision her standing in the pokemon center with a bag overflowing with pokeballs (and an eon ticket) constantly trying to get my attention when I run around the pokemon center and never succeeding. She just wants to go home, why must I keep ignoring her? What a jerk!
I guess I should SR some events for a bit first :p

Funny, as I'm in the exact same position lol

7,600 REs for Snover/Sneasel now. Looking like the 6th hunt out of 7 to go over odds :(

Laurelai

Congrats folks on your recent shinies, and Blackyurem, keep the faith :) It eventually will shine for you!!

COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!

Lovely Fennekin :) I've been hopping back and forth regarding shiny starters and shiny megas. Got lucky with his IVs- 5 perfect, and the missing one is ATK yay!

[img139]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/IMG_20160718_224412_zps17bbmdit.png[/img139]

Dangertrout

SR'd my beldum, diancie, rayquaza and jirachi yesterday for natures/IVs. I think that's enough of that for now, back to hunting the elusive exeggcute. This batch will bring the egg count to 4800, so really hoping I get a shiny this time around. Also going to horde hunt for it in X, so I expect many wingull/slowpoke in my future :p

Last chance to PM or VM me ideas for the August community hunt. The voting will start sometime tomorrow.

Zero1999

Its been a while since I posted but now that I have full time hunting a shiny, I got a Shiny Abra in the Gamecorner after filling 9 boxes of Abra.
Will try to upload the picture soon because I cant in the phone.
Also I cant decide if hunting Clefairy or Pinsir

*EDIT:
Here is the link for the picture
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/3769/d6BYE4.jpg

Last edited:

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Hiya all. Congratulations on all the new shiny Pokemon people have caught! Its been far to long since I posted anything, to which I apologize. Life can be a pain sometimes, you know? Still, lately I have been getting back into my shiny hunting mode! Before I state what my current targets all, these are a few of my proudest captures since updating...

I caught this shiny Cresselia after being inspired by people hunting it on here. Think it took me... two days of SR to find it? I named it Libby after my mum, who loves the moon!

[img139]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y432/I_Pink_Elephant/caf0d967-f00a-44c7-84c4-49fc5ef2eb89_zpsqznpjw4a.jpg[/img139]

After that I really wanted to go out and hunt for a shiny Kyurem, my favorite Legendary Pokemon. However, knowing that I needed a Zekrom to find it in AS I decided to hunt a shiny one of the first! I think it took me around three months of SR'ing until a blue eyed Zekrom appeared. I decided to call him Sinatra, you know, because of the blue eyes? My longest Legendary hunt to date, but it was worth it though, as he looks great and meant I could finally go after Kyurem!

[img139]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y432/I_Pink_Elephant/CPD0rGzXAAAOWKv_zpsbfni107k.jpg[/img139]

Kyurem also took around three months of hunting to find but as always, the jouncy was it worth it! I finally have my favorite Legendary Pokemon on as a shiny! I named him Kuja, because in his White-Kyuem mode he looks a bit like the FF9 villain... ish.

[img139]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y432/I_Pink_Elephant/CZCY6R2WkAAGjxZ_zpsvp5i6juw.jpg[/img139]

As for my current hunt, I have been trying to hatch a shiny Caterpie... and it has by far been my longest egg-hunt! I have been trying to hatch this little bugger for months! I have been tempted to move on, but I realy want a shiny Butterfree. Why? Well for starters its a cool Pokemon, but more importantly it was the first shiny I ever encountered, all the way back in Pokemon Gold. It also has some personal meaning, as of the last year or so I feel I have grown as a person, like a butterfly hatching from their cocoon. I am even polanning on getting a shiny Butterfree tattoo one day!

After I finally hatch Caterpie, I plan on perhaps hunting for some more Legendary Pokemon on AS. I have recently become obsessed with Steven Universe, so I think I have some cool names lined up for the Golems...

Anyway, good luck to you all on your current hunts and I will make sure to update on my progress much more from now on! :D

Last edited:

Bambo

Congrats to Erron Black for Growlithe,Druddigon, and Meditite; to razor fire for all the shines; LilyValley for Beldum; Ryohei for Houndour good luck on starters ; Alexander18 for Weepinbell; isaaacswolf2112 for abra, Laurelai for Fennekin, General_Ridley for Registeel and Dragonite, Zero199 on Abra;I,Pink Elephant for Cressilia, Zekrom and Kyruum.

Good luck to Mrs. Oreo on Uxie, Doomdour on Riolu, TheMaster327 on Snover/Sneasel, and everyone else

So I decided to do a shiny route quest where I get one shiny every route before I move onto the next one. I started the adventure after 545 SR I found a Shiny Chikorita male nicknamed Daffodil, Sassy Nature.

For my Alpha Sapphire Badge Quest I found a Shiny Numel for my 4th Badge and a Shiny Wurmple for my 5th it evolved into a Beautifly. The theme for the badge quest will be rainbow for Sun/Moon base on Hawaii. Next target is an Altaria.

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Congrats to everybody who found shinies!

I was having a pretty bad day until right this moment. I've been hunting for Charmander in X/Y every so often and I suddenly found myself staring at a golden fire lizard tonight!

awwwwwyis_by_laevateinnunowen-daapo6y.jpg

Considering that the community hunt is fire types this time, I guess my new Charmander is eligible. So I can say Community Hunt Complete!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Can add Regice to my collection now. Shone after just a few days of light hunting.

That shiny is aggravatingly difficult to identify. At least with small-changed shinies like Zekrom, there's a tiny but obvious hint of their shininess

Dangertrout

Voting time! For the August community hunt, what does everyone prefer? PM or VM your choice to me. Voting ends Sunday at midnight EDT.
Option 1) Fish pokemon (Pokemon found in a school for back to school season)
Option 2) Pokemon that can learn the move Hurricane. (Pidgey line, Articuno, Moltres, Dragonite, Shiftry, Wingull line, Castform, Whimsicott, Ducklett line, Volcarona, Tornadus, Vivillon, and the Noibat line)
Option 3) a beach hunt since it's summer. All of the beaches or beach-like areas apply, with any hunting method that's do-able there being fair game.

Found a shiny wingull last night in X. This is not the first time I've tried dual hunting for the exeggcute. I have 3 wingulls and 3 slowpokes the last time I tried this >.< completely unsurprised that my target isn't being cooperative in this area. but with MM in OR being completely unlucky, it's worth a shot and at least I get to see something shine once in a while. hatched almost 300 eggs again and still nothing... bringing me to about 4500 eggs for this hunt.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Congrats on the new shinies! :)

Woot! Been hunting for a shiny Liepard lately and I just caught one. Named her Nightshade.

A beach hunt sounds like it could be fun! :)

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Keeping track of SRs the way I was makes this long process take even longer. I'm tired of going through the introduction, nickname choosing, pokedex receiving, and letter receiving. I wish they would do all that after I pick my starter and try to walk away, or before I pick and then let me walk to the table. To make it go faster, I'm no longer counting Froakie SRs. I'm just going to keep resetting when I can and hope I get a shiny soon. Good luck, hunters!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Congratulations to everyone and their shinies!

I have been continuing my eight-Pokémon MM, and I just hatched another shiny. Good news and bad news.
Good news:
It is a shiny. One I have been wanting the most out of the group. -checks IV's- YES. 5 IV's, missing special attack. FINALLY hatched a shiny with the right IV's (31/31/31/x/31/31) and nature (everstoned Adamant).
Bad news:
It is a Scyther. Also, it has Technician. Woo. Sure, I wanted it a lot from this group, but...
1. I have no Metal Coat. 2. I am in a location where my internet does not connect to my 3DS. I will try to see if I have a Metal Coat on another game of mine/can access trading between two 3DS's (I have two with me).

Either way, I am SO glad for this shiny. She is essentially just what I wanted from her. I plan on training her after I evolve her, and if I cannot at the moment, I will in a few weeks when I return to my home.

Good luck to everyone else!

EDIT: Obtained a Metal Coat on one of my other games. And it seems like I can trade over infrared using my two 3DS's. WOO.
And it seems I actually had a Metal Coat on my AS (my main game). Huh. Well, now I have an extra one I suppose.
Done with the trade. She looks great as a Scizor. Time to start training her.

Last edited:

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
July continues to be a good month for me,shiny hunting wise at least. When i last checked in i had caught Reshiram and Suicune. After Suicune, on the 7th, i caught Entei. Adamant sync worked and he ended up with 31 in hp,attk, and def. After Entei i naturally went for Raikou. He took a bit of time but still not bad at all. Timid sync failed but he ended up with a + sp.attk nature and 31 in speed, so i was pretty pleased. I then decided to check for crescent isle which luckily appeared and started for Cresselia. Two days removed from Raikou, Cresselia shined, i didnt have any defensive syncs so i rolled the dice without one and got a neutral nature. Next up is Heatran, but i plan on hatching at least one shiny Nidoran before then, hopefully HA male.

Congratz on all recent shinies and hood luck on all hunts!

[img139]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/agoff4/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpselzfy5xl.jpeg[/img139]

[img139]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/agoff4/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpszqhmfpeb.jpeg[/img139]

[img139]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/agoff4/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsho1knrhi.jpg[/img139]