• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Zero1999

Still hunting for Clefairy after 10 SR buying the max then buy coins repeat nothing has shone but while hunting I want someone to confirm this.

I saw a video of youtube about the legendary birds in FR/LG, basically if you run away from them they will respawn so my question is: Will this be useful to hunt?

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
Still hunting for Clefairy after 10 SR buying the max then buy coins repeat nothing has shone but while hunting I want someone to confirm this.

I saw a video of youtube about the legendary birds in FR/LG, basically if you run away from them they will respawn so my question is: Will this be useful to hunt?

Although i haven't picked it up in a while, i was using this runaway method for Zapdos. It's really only useful for Zap as the exit is so close to it, but for Arti and Molt the exit is farther away and is easier to just SR them. Also i've seen video evidence on YT to back my claim.

About a week ago i managed to hatch the Nido i was looking for. Male,adamant, HA, missing sp.def unfortunately. I got him around the 100th egg out of 1 batch of 300. So glad i can move on. Currently collecting eggs for my CH target hopefully it shines within one batch aswell.

Good luck on all hunts and congratz on all recent shinies!!

[img139]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/agoff4/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmxcxjllx.jpeg[/img139]

Dragonking

Interesting to see a shiny thread still operating. Been almost a decade since I've posted. Decided to get back into shiny hunting so here it goes.
Hunting for
FR: Charmander
SS: Chikorita
HG: Raikou, Entei
PL: Giratina
Pearl: Uxie

Zero1999

Although i haven't picked it up in a while, i was using this runaway method for Zapdos. It's really only useful for Zap as the exit is so close to it, but for Arti and Molt the exit is farther away and is easier to just SR them. Also i've seen video evidence on YT to back my claim.

About a week ago i managed to hatch the Nido i was looking for. Male,adamant, HA, missing sp.def unfortunately. I got him around the 100th egg out of 1 batch of 300. So glad i can move on. Currently collecting eggs for my CH target hopefully it shines within one batch aswell.

Good luck on all hunts and congratz on all recent shinies!!

[img139]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/agoff4/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmxcxjllx.jpeg[/img139]

Thanks for clarifying, I asked this because most Shiny Zapdos videos use SR and I was doubting if the Run away method would work.
I'm going to stop my Clefairy hunt and will try for Zapdos because like you said the exit of the other legends are far away so its easier.Once again thanks for the clearing this :)

EDIT:I got a Shiny Feebas in Alpha Sapphire, Female with Impish nature in a streak of 6 ^_^

EDIT#2: HOLY S*** , I got the Shiny Zapdos after 4 days of Run Away from him, I'm so happy :)

Pictures:

Zapdos:
Encounter:
http://village.photos/images/user/4...ized_724cbccd-ccee-4bdd-9d18-f36574308fd2.jpg

Caught ( Bad quality)
http://village.photos/images/user/4...ized_6ffa28a1-9fe7-4c53-812b-f8257928ded1.jpg

XD:
http://village.photos/images/user/4...ized_34aa968d-7c3a-439a-9dbc-5576b4359bf6.jpg

Feebas in AS:
http://village.photos/images/user/4...ized_8bc13769-b1df-4f12-b426-fb57f1bc3270.jpg

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
A few shiny stories recently.

I caught my lowest chained fished shiny; it was a Clauncher with only 11 casts.

Also, I have a Pokemon Soul Silver that I recently got from a retailer. Two Pokemon were shown as shinies. Arbok and Beedrill were both shinies in the same box labelled (GTS). The only odd thing that I have noticed is that Beedrill only knew Harden, which would suggest a Move Deleter was used. These two Pokemon don't have ideal IVs, and both of them were caught in Ultra Balls, which is a reasonable choice for shinies.

If anybody would like to help me in general, I would like to hack-check the game. I basically want to check on various parts of the game to see if anything raises a flag. Unlike my White 2 that had a 999 of many healing items, this one seems to be legitimate from what I could gather.

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all recent shinies

After 438 eggs, a shiny Wooper hatched

Male (Nicknamed Osanshouo, the Japanese word for the Japanese Giant Salamander)
Relaxed Nature through Ever stone
Damp ability (Might use an ability capsule on him)
Stats:
HP: 31
ATK: 31
DEF: 31
Sp. ATK: 31
Sp. DEF: X
Speed: 31

Good luck to all future shinies

ShinyHunterLuke

Shiny Horder
Hey guys just have a question about Giratina on OR, I haven't seen anybody use RA to hunt Giratina, is it possible since the gap in the sky respawns if you land? It is slightly faster than. SEing and would be my preferred method over SRing

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Hey guys just have a question about Giratina on OR, I haven't seen anybody use RA to hunt Giratina, is it possible since the gap in the sky respawns if you land? It is slightly faster than. SEing and would be my preferred method over SRing

I don't think you can RA from hoop/rift Pokemon, because when you run from a hoop Pokemon, the hoop disappears along with the Pokemon.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Yeah, nothing in the Soul Silver game is really raising a flag for me. The Pokedex isn't filled out completely, none of the Pokemon look illegitimate, shiny Arbok and Beedrill are not unbelievable shinies (both caught in an Ultra Ball) the inventory looks fine, the game doesn't look glitched, so I might nabbed those shinies.

I will say that Beedrill only knows Harden, which I previously said that a move Deleter was likely involved, but a Pokewalker might have been the scenario.

If the person did cheat the game, it doesn't look like they had a very obvious reason for it.

If someone might think otherwise, let me know via VM or PM.

Otherwise, I will see these guys in 6th gen.

ShinyHunterLuke

Shiny Horder
I don't think you can RA from hoop/rift Pokemon, because when you run from a hoop Pokemon, the hoop disappears along with the Pokemon.

True, but Giratina doesn't appear from a hoop, but it is found in the sky, when you encounter Giratina you can run away, land and then fly to encounter it again, just not sure if it is impossible to do RAs rather than SRs

Cyberra

pain in the ***
True, but Giratina doesn't appear from a hoop, but it is found in the sky, when you encounter Giratina you can run away, land and then fly to encounter it again, just not sure if it is impossible to do RAs rather than SRs

I'm hunting dialga from a rift in the sky. I've run from it a few times and the rift has disappeared. Haven't tried landing and taking flight again, though. I'm hunting cresselia right now (dialga is on hold) and if I leave Crescent Isle now it will vanish, so testing with dialga will have to wait until cresselia shines.

Laurelai

Yay! Fishing expedition #2 bore fruit :). I caught a shiny barboach so COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!. I'm at work now, so I can't post a pic, but I'll edit in a photo tomorrow. Not gonna evolve her because I like the little gold-nosed catfishie. Got lucky on the chain too. I had reeled in too slowly so I broke my chain, but I caught her like, 6 casts in the new chain!

*edit for pix!*
[img139]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/IMG_20160804_083827_zpswig5wj4f.png[/img139]

Last edited:

Dangertrout

Hatched a shiny kangaskhan in just under 300 eggs today ^_^ Going to MM Scyther next in OR & horde hunt in X on route 21 for Swablu (or maybe Scyther if I'm really lucky)

KidKip

Avid Shiny Hunter
I'm brand new to shiny hunting, so bear with me. In my first SR endeavor for a shiny Mudkip (how fitting) my starter shined in about 50 SRs. Only took an hour! I understand thats extremely lucky...but nonetheless. His name is Kai and has a Rash nature (Not bad).

Currently over 100 SRs into Torchic.

Last edited:

Sprat1993

Decided that I am going to try MM'ing for a Shiny Nidoran male. wish me luck :)

ShinyHunterLuke

Shiny Horder
After 423 SRs I got my shiny Giratina!! Yay back to my 3k Egg hunt for Froakie!
Giratina has 3 perfect IVs in
Attack
Sp. Defender
Speed

Lonely Nature
Caught in a master ball due to struggling haha lol
Grats to Lourelai on Barboach and Dangertrout on Kangaskhan

Last edited:

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to Laurelai with Barboach and to Dangertrout with Kangaskhan.

After just 232 eggs, a shiny Hoppip popped up

Female (Nicknamed Lola)
Jolly Nature through Everstone
Leafguard ability
Stats:
HP: 31
ATK: 31
DEF: 31
Sp. ATK: x
Sp. DEF: x
Speed: 31

Good luck to all future shinies

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
My badge quest is off to a really slow start, but I've got a nice long ride down to Indianapolis this evening for Gen Con Indy. Luckily I'm not driving this year, so I'm going to spend the entire ride soft resetting for Froakie.

Congrats on the recent shinies and good luck to everyone!

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Congrats to Laurelai, Dangertrout and Paraqua!

Bleh! My luck is not very good right now! D:< I've decided that considering that it's almost Saturday where I am, I'm going to try to pull an all nighter and see if something comes up. I abandoned the Turtwig hunt because as it turns out SRing for Sinnoh starters is very slow and tedious. :/

I've replaced it with a hunt on the route just outside Mt. Moon on FR/LG. I'm currently at 3,300 REs and still going strong!

radjess331

Reptile Keeper
Ok so I'm loving the new forms of Vulpix and Ninetails..but what I'm dying to know is what their shinies will look like.

It would be awesome to get either a black vulpix/ninetails or what if they made the white vulpix with gold tips to its tails and feet..... idk i'm just soo excited for this in general hahaha