• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Lucy Suzunia

Shiny Hunter
Congrats for your shinies! =)
I don't know if this counts but I got the shiny Xerneas (Norway event).
My other last obtained shiny was a male ;280; yesterday after around 70 eggs. This tooks me two other female ralts before I finally got it. (Can't remember the egg-count). I gifted it my boyfriend, because he wanted it so bad.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Alright, so I was casual horde encountering in order to find a shiny. And I found one...a crimson female Skorupi. I nicknamed her Madame Blood.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to wobbanut on Sunkern, Crimson Penguin on Absol and Shuppet, Dangertrout on Lickitung, Veens on Pichu and Buneary, Zenn of Ascension on Roselia, NitroLightningFlash on Pidove, Anti Spiral on Ferroseed, Sprat1993 on Litleo, tonyg44x on Nidoran, Paraqua on Wooper, Dangertrout on Kangaskhan, Kidkip on Mudkip, ShinyHunterLuke on Giratina, Paraqua on Hoppip, DJX on Phanpy, Sprat1993 on Nidoran, Cyberra on Cresselia, Zenn of Ascension on Phanpy, oarfish on Skorupi, Dangertrout on Scyther, SlashingShadow on Magikarp, your_worst_nightmare on Charmander and Eevee, ShinyHunterLuke on Tepig, DJX on Yanma, Lucy Suzunia on Ralts, and everyone else on your shinies!

-----------

I suppose if you want more discussion we could speculate about the new shinies we may see in November. Like Popplio. I suspect he'll be purple like Mudkip though I think I'd prefer it if he were red or orange. Something counter intuitive to his typing would be neat. Also I'm hoping the grass types get something other than the classic "water me, i'm dying!" look. :p What shinies does everyone else want to see in the new games? Will you be glued to the internets to see them as they're discovered or will you hide in a cave and hunt them yourself to get the thrill of the surprise? I think I'll disappear from the internet for a couple weeks and try to SR a starter.... at least until my friend calls me with all the spoilers ever :p

After seeing Dallas’ custom shinies for Popplio, it became clear that the nose is really the only thing that deters me from it. If it gets a blue nose, it’ll be far more appealing to me! I think white with a light blue nose would be neat. I also think a dark blue would look nice. And while the purple/pink of shiny water-types is unoriginal, it’s still a nice color. *shrugs*

Ok so I'm loving the new forms of Vulpix and Ninetails..but what I'm dying to know is what their shinies will look like.

It would be awesome to get either a black vulpix/ninetails or what if they made the white vulpix with gold tips to its tails and feet..... idk i'm just soo excited for this in general hahaha

I’m also super eager to see the shinies of all these alolan forms! Makes me even more glad that I was lucky enough to get that first shiny Vulpix so I’ll be able to see it as soon as possible if they aren’t leaked early. Once I get this Lairon, a second Vulpix has been my next planned hunt which is convenient, so hopefully I’ll have both Vulpix and Ninetales ready to go. I don’t have shiny Sandshrew/Sandslash or Exeggutor, but I do have shinies of nearly all the other leaked Alolan forms, so I’m eager to see those as well.

---------

Finally! After 27,174 REs on my HeartGold game, on my 274th RE of the day, I found a second shiny Voltorb!

[IMG200] http://i.imgur.com/hIro9sq.jpg[/IMG200]

So glad to finally get this! I found my first one mid-March and stuck around for a second one but wasn’t finding it…Not to mention the fact that I’d been distracted with moving out and playing other games over the last few months, which slowed down hunting. But I’m trying to hunt more now (and play less Pokemon Go) and it paid off :D

This one is Rash, has the Soundproof ability, and has the IVs: 30 – 12 – 4 – 30 – 20 – 3. I decided to train and evolve this one, since it has a +Sp. Atk, nature (my other one was –Sp. Atk), though I kind of wanted the trained one to have Static (which my other has), but this one will just be more useful for hunting! And that’s the Voltorb line completed! My next target is Magikarp, which conveniently coincides with this month’s CH. I evolved my first one that I found during my BQ and had planned to return for another to leave unevolved sometime after my BQ.

Good luck, everyone (especially Cyberra, Crimson Penguin, CharlieDoryRose, umbreonfan3636, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, ChaoticInverse, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Thank you for whoever doing the vote and result for this month's CH :)

I was unable to do it after I came back from vacation, got so many work after the holiday (I'm working now) ._.

Finished them now though.

So......good luck for those doing this month's CH :)

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Been a while since I posted! I just got a Shiny Teddiursa from Friend Safari after trying for about 3 or 4 days to get it!!

I'm now trying to get a Shiny Hawlucha from a Flying safari as I really love that shiny :)

umbreonfan3636

Makes me even more glad that I was lucky enough to get that first shiny Vulpix so I’ll be able to see it as soon as possible if they aren’t leaked early. Once I get this Lairon, a second Vulpix has been my next planned hunt which is convenient, so hopefully I’ll have both Vulpix and Ninetales ready to go. I don’t have shiny Sandshrew/Sandslash or Exeggutor, but I do have shinies of nearly all the other leaked Alolan forms, so I’m eager to see those as well.

I feel like I heard it mentioned that all transferred over Vulpix/Sandshrew would be normal. This is just a different form found in a different region, so if you're trainer ID says Kanto/Hoenn/etc. you have to find your ice Vulpix in Sun and Moon.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I found random shiny Audino while grinding in White 2, which suprised me greatly. He has Naive nature, Healer as ability and IV spread of 3-6, 10-12, 20-23, 14-17,0-2,5-8. not the greatest but shiny anyway.

razor fire

After around 16 hours of horde encounters, I finally found that last roggenrola! And that completes the Gigalith family.

Now onto frost cavern and their shiny hordes. It's gonna be a looong hunt

RedJirachi

Veteran member
So any ideas on what the shiny version of Alolan Pokemon are?

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Congrats to everybody who's found shinies!

So, after 4,884 REs, I found a shiny Pidgey on my Route 3 hunt! Sooooo glad it didn't take as long as I thought it would!

goldbirb_by_laevateinnunowen-dadh36f.jpg

Here's a pic of the golden birb!

Not sure what I'm going to hunt for next, though...

Dangertrout

Another shiny Vanillite in Frost Cavern! I'm still in here hunting hordes because I'm not entirely sure what I want to hunt next in X. Smoochum would be nice, but give how rare it is I doubt I'll get one this way. I think i have most of the common shinies in this game at this point, so I'll have this problem with pretty much every area >.< Sadly, a lot of my friend safaris have lost access to the third pokemon so there aren't many options there either. Well I guess I'll keep going for Smoochum here for a bit longer. Maybe I'll get lucky.
Can't wait for the new games to come out. I'm running out of old stuff to hunt :p

edit - omg, another shiny vanillite. that was quick o_O

Last edited:

Lucy Suzunia

Shiny Hunter
Oh I cant believe it! I was looking for a Noivern Plush and without looking at the screen, the shiny Tyrunt popped up! D:
But I'm sooo happy I finally got it after 18h of breeding <3

Last edited:

Zero1999

Decided to switch Aerodactyl for Onix in Sevault Canyon, currently 400 RE, I'm using a level 53 Starmie with Illuminate so that Onix has a 100% rate of appearing with the repel trick.

After Onix I want either Hitmonlee or continue Aerodactyl, need a little help to decide because I like both shiny colors :/

EDIT: It takes a while to make an Onix appear even with the repel trick,gonna try to get him without it, also thanks Zen for the good luck, I really wish Onix is the one who shine :(

1693 RE so far....

EDIT#2:Just hit 4K RE and still no Shiny Onix, this is my longest hunt in terms of RE, hope it doesn't takes too long..

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Unfortunately I got the Spearow instead of Hawlucha... Oh well, at least that officially makes the Spearow line completed for my Living Dex.

I also got a Shiny Pumpkaboo which also makes that line completed as well!

Back to Porygon it is. :)

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe
I feel like I heard it mentioned that all transferred over Vulpix/Sandshrew would be normal. This is just a different form found in a different region, so if you're trainer ID says Kanto/Hoenn/etc. you have to find your ice Vulpix in Sun and Moon.
I agree with this. Real-life adaptation takes millions of years, so I highly doubt they'll be able to change forms so easily. Plus, there'd be no way to register the original forms in your Pokedex if they kept changing forms.

Aaaanyways, I hatched 55 more eggs and still no shiny. QUESTION, do you guys save the game after every batch even without success, or do you reset when you don't get your shiny? I soft reset and was wondering if that affects chances at all. I always reset in White 2 and went over double odds without a getting a shiny, so that thought has worried me since then.

RedJirachi> I hope shiny Alolan Meowth is darker (but not quite black). A pink-tinted Vulpix (with pink eyes like it's albino) would look cool, but I'd like lavender as well.

EDIT:
Lucy Suzinia> Oh yeah, I never save after I get the eggs but before hatching. I learned that lesson way back in the original Ruby/Sapphire.
Dangertrout> Hmm, I may do that too... I'm IV breeding my shinies too (two 5IV Haunters), plus these are in Moon Balls so I REALLY feel bad to release them.

EDIT #2:
Hatched 108 more eggs, no shiny yet; this time I did it by collecting all the eggs at once, saving and taking a break, and then hatching later. I like this method a lot so I'll be sticking to that. I moved all the non-shinies into Bank for now.

Last edited:

Zenn of Ascension

I'm just baffled right now. After 9,180 RE, a shiny Onix appeared on my Fire Red #2.

[spoil][IMGSIZE=600]http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o620/ZennofAscension/20160810_201403_004_zpsigket44y.jpg[/IMGSIZE][/spoil]
[spoil][IMGSIZE=600]http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o620/ZennofAscension/20160810_215251_012_zpsrwcbwxx4.jpg[/IMGSIZE][/spoil]

I managed to get a lot of encounters the last few days and it paid off! However I'm starting to think my games are messing with me as I've found both Persian and Onix, both 5%, but not the other two 5% which are my targets, Larvitar and Skarmory. Why must my games give me such conflicting luck? Onix is also a Quiet nature just like my Persian on my Fire Red #1 so I guess that means that all of my 5% will be Quiet natured lol. Not the best nature for it, but at least it doesn't have a -Attack nature and it being slower doesn't really matter. This completes phase 7 of the hunt for Larvitar or Skamory. I'll continue to hunt in the area in the hopes that I get my target, but seeing my luck right now I'll probably start getting repeats of the other 5% lol.

To Zero1999, good luck on getting Onix and try for Aero really happy with mine and to everyone else good luck and congrats to everyone who has found a shiny!

Edit: Finally got a fast phase again. After 1,549 RE, phase 8 is complete with another shiny Phanpy.

[spoil][IMGSIZE=600]http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o620/ZennofAscension/20160811_202756_029_zpssvmlv4vv.jpg[/IMGSIZE][/spoil]

[spoil][IMGSIZE=600]http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o620/ZennofAscension/20160811_203057_029_zpszvlrdyfw.jpg[/IMGSIZE][/spoil]

This appeared on my Fire Red #1 and it ends the 11,000+ encounter drought on this game. With this Phanpy, I now have 3 so it looks like I'm on my way to making a team of Donphan lol. Strangely, it's another Docile nature Phanpy, but it's on a different game. Surprised I haven't gotten a Geodude yet considering it's also 20% like Phanpy. Regardless I'll just keep hunting and go on to phase 9.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Random question guys, but did anyone here ever get a shiny Umbreon that they had in Colo/XD? I ask because the shiny artwork is off for many of the Pokemon, yet Umbreon is one of the coolest from that group.

Scroll down and pick "alle Generationen".

Another question I would like to ask is if anybody here has a shiny Vespiquen?

I would like to mention that I determined the Soul Silver as legitimate, and I now have a shiny Beedrill in one of my games.

Lucy Suzunia

Shiny Hunter
Aaaanyways, I hatched 55 more eggs and still no shiny. QUESTION, do you guys save the game after every batch even without success, or do you reset when you don't get your shiny? I soft reset and was wondering if that affects chances at all. I always reset in White 2 and went over double odds without a getting a shiny, so that thought has worried me since then.

I always safe after I'm done for a day. So it doesn't affect your chance to get one.

Edit: But you should not safe before your egg is hatching and always reset there. The data if it's shiny is defined when you get it from the boy.

Last edited:

Dangertrout

I collect 5, hatch, put babies in the PC until I fill my 20 boxes and then wondertrade all the non shinies. I tend to breed for competitive sets while I'm shiny breeding, so I feel bad releasing pokemon that usually have 4+ max IVs and good natures / abilities.

Edit- Just found a shiny Flaaffy in my SS BQ!! Time for some story progression in that game ^_^

Last edited: