• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Yes! Just got my final shiny Porygon!

In a total of 694 dexnavs for all of them(Not bad!), I have finished the Porygon family.

Porygon is named Digiduck, Porygon2 is named Roboduck, and Porygon-Z is named Technoduck. :p

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Narshen on Basculin, Cyberra on Dialga, Crimson Penguin on Chespin, Phillies, SheroGH on Lapras, Sonic Boom on Jigglypuff, LilyValley on Eevee, TheMaster327 on Suicune, maldoror on a whole bunch of things(!), and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, Crimson Penguin and SheroGH ^ ^

-----------

Anyone ever not realize they caught a shiny? I was going back through my boxes while working on my living Pokedex and just so happened to notice I had a shiny Dragalge that I evolved from a Skrelp. I even used it for surf/waterfall, so it was in my party for a while. I'm excited and happy, but I also feel kind of dumb!

I sort of wish, but nope :p

-----------

I’ve started integrating swarms into my hunts. I figured that, in a good month, I find maybe 4 or 5 shinies/month. So the odds of finding a shiny on a particular day that there’s a swarm pokemon I want aren’t very good. Plus I might not even get a shiny on that game, and even if I do, it might not be the swarm pokemon. So it seemed like a good idea to just start working on swarm pokemon now, as it could be a very long time before I even find one shiny. I also currently have no plans to alter the time on my 3DS to keep swarms around (or to change swarms). Maybe that’ll change in the future, but I’m not fond of changing my dates/times for hunts. Plus it’ll really add some spontaneity to my hunts!

I’m essentially targeting anything in a swarm that I can’t find easier on my other games. Today, Yanma was swarming on HeartGold, which is otherwise only 1% on HG or 10% on Black 2 (and I’m not doing Safari Zones ever), which means Swarms are my better bet for it!

And speaking of, I found my first Swarm shiny today! After 6,816 REs on HeartGold, I found a shiny Luvdisc!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/RjdelhR.jpg[/IMG200]

Today’s HG swarm was Luvdisc, which was also swarming several days ago. But today I look down and see a bright yellow Luvdisc on my screen! Such a neat sight :) Very glad to have my first swarm shiny done. And because it’s a single-stage pokemon, it’s one less swarm that will interrupt my main hunts!

This one is male, Serious nature, and has the following IVs: 23 – 0 – 24 – 1 – 19 – 8. That’s 1 swarm target down on HeartGold, and 9 swarms left (15 total with evo lines).

Good luck, everyone (especially Crimson Penguin, CharlieDoryRose, umbreonfan3636, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, ChaoticInverse, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Congrats to Narshen on Basculin, Cyberra on Dialga, Crimson Penguin on Chespin, Phillies, SheroGH on Lapras, Sonic Boom on Jigglypuff, LilyValley on Eevee, TheMaster327 on Suicune, maldoror on a whole bunch of things(!), and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, Crimson Penguin and SheroGH ^ ^

-----------

I sort of wish, but nope :p

-----------

I’ve started integrating swarms into my hunts. I figured that, in a good month, I find maybe 4 or 5 shinies/month. So the odds of finding a shiny on a particular day that there’s a swarm pokemon I want aren’t very good. Plus I might not even get a shiny on that game, and even if I do, it might not be the swarm pokemon. So it seemed like a good idea to just start working on swarm pokemon now, as it could be a very long time before I even find one shiny. I also currently have no plans to alter the time on my 3DS to keep swarms around (or to change swarms). Maybe that’ll change in the future, but I’m not fond of changing my dates/times for hunts. Plus it’ll really add some spontaneity to my hunts!

I’m essentially targeting anything in a swarm that I can’t find easier on my other games. Today, Yanma was swarming on HeartGold, which is otherwise only 1% on HG or 10% on Black 2 (and I’m not doing Safari Zones ever), which means Swarms are my better bet for it!

And speaking of, I found my first Swarm shiny today! After 6,816 REs on HeartGold, I found a shiny Luvdisc!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/RjdelhR.jpg[/IMG200]

Today’s HG swarm was Luvdisc, which was also swarming several days ago. But today I look down and see a bright yellow Luvdisc on my screen! Such a neat sight :) Very glad to have my first swarm shiny done. And because it’s a single-stage pokemon, it’s one less swarm that will interrupt my main hunts!

This one is male, Serious nature, and has the following IVs: 23 – 0 – 24 – 1 – 19 – 8. That’s 1 swarm target down on HeartGold, and 9 swarms left (15 total with evo lines).

Good luck, everyone (especially Crimson Penguin, CharlieDoryRose, umbreonfan3636, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, ChaoticInverse, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Wouldn't it be easier to shiny fish Luvdisc in X and Y?

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
Got a shiny Alomomola from the GTS, I actually forgot what they put it up for but I managed to bag it :)

Cyberra

pain in the ***

Cpchris doesn't play the Gen VI games. Dunno why, though.

I'm already at 4,900 SRs for reshiram. It goes so much faster SRing a grounded target.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I haven't posted in here in awhile but I got a shiny Ho-oh in HeartGold and a shiny Oshawott in Black 2, both through SRing. And currently, I've been SRing for a shiny Kyogre but it hasn't shine in the almost 2 week I've been doing it. Ho-oh only took me about 5 days and Oshawott took me about 4 days, so I'm sad that I didn't get Kyogre that quick but hopefully it'll shine soon. Good luck everyone and happy shiny hunting!

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I hatched a shiny Eevee finally! He was in egg number 771. I nicknamed him Nostradamus after the famous seer since I intended to evolve him into Espeon. I immediately gave him a Soothe Bell and started working on his friendship, as well as playing in Amie and Super Training.

I'm currently in Clemont's Gym and Nostradamus has evolved into Espeon. Lamar, my Skrelp, is about to evolve into Dragalge. For my next hunt, I'll be alternating everyday between Houndour and Honedge, since I didn't get them earlier and still really want them. I figure alternating everyday will keep the hunt from getting too stale.

[IMG139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/Shiny%20Pokemon/6.1%20Eevee%20-%20Amie.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/Shiny%20Pokemon/6.1%20Eevee%20-%20Stats.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/Shiny%20Pokemon/6.2%20Espeon%20-%20Amie.jpg[/IMG139]

Thanks for the congrats, Laurelai!

Congrats to Cyberra on Reshiram!

Good luck on your hunts, especially Laurelai with Moltres and Cyberrra with Ho-Oh!

Last edited:

Laurelai

Grats Team Volt Grunt on your HA Eevee!! I'm currently SRing for Moltres in HG/SS and have hit the 2,500 mark with no sparkles yet and that's ok because the game was quite generous with Articuno and Mewtwo. Funny thing though, I'm going through my resets hitting And hitting A going through the screens and was not paying attention. I looked down to see that i had pressed A straight through the encounter, selected "teleport" and exited the encounter without seeing what that Moltres actually *was*. You and I both know that the chances of that one encounter are very slim to be shiny. But my little caveman brain keeps wailing at me "THAT WAS IT!!". shush caveman brain! Lol

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter

Some hunters find it more rewarding to hunt full odds then just doing the quick and easy methods.

Plus shinies just look way better in the older games.. and the sparkles >>>>

------

Hey guys! Long time no see :] So... I have completely lost the motivation to hunt lol But I really want to get shiny Giratina out of the way before Sun & Moon arrive so I'm just gonna have to make myself hunt it lol.

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone! :]

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

some people like to shiny hunt in older generation games thats all ;)

anyway I haven't hunted anything in awhile since I have been busy with alot of things lately but I plan on starting something soon but not sure what yet...I am still trying to get a gale wings fletchling but I gave up for now since they all just came out so far with big pecks -____- I will switch to another target soon just trying to figure out which one yet.

also congrats on all the new shinies above my post since my last post here and HUGE CONGRATS on that stubborn Dialga Cyberra ^_^ I can't believe it was that stubborn :x

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I've been Friend safari hunting again this week on both X and Y and even tho I've found no shinies using this method right now, I've had fun any ways ha ha. I didn't do any chain fishing however cuz I'm kind of sick of staring at the fishing reel, but my shiny Uxie hunt in Pearl is progressing nicely at least. Also I wanna say a big thanks to everyone who congratulated me on my previous shiny. :D

Cyberra

pain in the ***
SHINY RESHIRAM CAUGHT!!!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/shiny%20reshi_zpsc6zjzbko.jpg[/img139]

^_^ A much shorter hunt than dialga. Reshi only took 6,224 SRs to appear. Sync failed, though... I was going for timid. He's naughty and alert to sounds. I have not yet taken on the E4 in OR, just gotten the last badge so my lvl 100 breloom would obey me, so I don't have access to the battle frontier and can't check reshi's IVs till I send him back to AS.

Up next: ho-oh

Last edited:

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
It's been two weeks since I started my Y Badge Quest. Still no shiny Fennekin. Dangit, that elusive thing has even invaded my dreams. Cause every night I still lay awake, and I dream/Of a shiny Fennekin

I have, however, developed two superstitions about shiny hunting: namely, doing it after 9 P.M., and holding down A as much as possible.

kaitlynbrannan

shiny hunter <3
currently hunting suicune, I'm probably around 700 resets w/ shiny charm.

other soft reset hunts:

giratina w/no shiny charm: 216
cresselia w/shiny charm: 683
virizion w/shiny charm: 17

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I apologize for being late, I expected "slow" weekend but turns out I was busy last weekend ._.

Anyway the CH for this month is already set, as usual I'll include those who already completed it this month before the CH is decided......after lunch xD

Alolan forms
* Sandshrew line-Honestly not expected much more than a deeper shade of blue
* Vulpix line-Don't expect much change
* Exeggcutor-Not changed in the slightest
* Meowth-It looks like a shiny, so I'd change the color of the coin
* Raichu-Like Cradily, they could recolor it to resemble Pikachu more
* Marowak-It could become red(thus sinister) or change the color of its fire
* Rattata line-Darkish purple, or make it a spooky white rat

I agree with what you said here. Since Alolan Rattata is supposed to be the urban version of Rattata, I'm hoping the shiny form is white, to make it resemble white lab rats. For Meowth, I'm hoping for the coin to be dark orange, and the body dark green.

New Pokemon
* Rowlett-Given the alchemy theme, perhaps more whiter to represent salt
* Litten-A sulphurous yellow in place of red
* Popplio-A dark gray to represent seals
* Rockruff-Colored lead
* Komala-Darker fur, or green fur to represent koala's arborel habitation
* Pikipek-A blue streak instead of reddish-orange
* Cutiefly-Make it light blue for that fairy aspect
* Togedemaru-It's Sonichu done right, so if they want to make an in-joke have it become yellow. I want to see Chris-Chan's reaction
* Mimikyu-Makes the most sense to resemble Shiny Pikachu
* Mudbray line-I can imagine a darker, blacker coat
* Minior-Paint it black so it comes off as a burned meteor
* Pyukumuku-Color it green, so it looks even more like a cucumber
* Turtonator-Give it the same coloration as Bowser
* Crabrawler-Reddish, and with coconut brown claws

* for Rowlett I'm more hoping for the green to become orange.
* Litten, there's so much you can do with it I can't decide what color it should be xD
* Popplio I'm hoping for a dark gold color, with brighter gold for the final evo.
* Can't think of what would be good for Rockruff and Lugarugan's Midday Form, but for Lugarugan's Midnight Form, I can see them changing crimson with black to push the "edgy werewolf" look even further.
* Blue Pikipek sounds predictable, I don't think that's what they will do. Talonflame didn't turn blue after all. I'd like to see yellow.
* Light blue Cutiefly......everyone would so name it Navi lol. I like that idea.
* Togedemaru.....I'm hoping we get another Dedenne for its shiny color in that most of its body changes color, instead of another Pichu/Plusle/Minun situation, or just slight change like Pachirisu and Emolga while most of its body remains the same.
* Mimikyu would be like a Shiny Pikachu, yeah. The black being inside though, I can see it being recolored to.....something. Purple?
* Mudbray line, while the brown body should be black, the black hair should be a lighter brown color. i think the orange on its evolution will be kept.
* While it would be great to see black Minior, I have a feeling they'll just give it a lighter shade, with the cores having darker shade instead.
* Pyukumuku's shiny making a reference to cucumber would be great. Sea cucumber is a marine animal btw, for those who didn't know.
* Lol Bowser xD But eh, it would be perfect, if Nintendo allows it.
* I don't think they'll give the crab red, that's too predictable. Can't think of what it would/should be, though.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Congrats to everyone since my last post!

It's been a while since I last updated about Shinies, and I have gotten quite a few. First, back in June, I got a Shiny Zigzagoon at exactly 900 hordes, going past normal odds let alone those with a Shiny Charm. Next, I got a Shiny Poochyena at about 273 DexNav encounters. I evolved both of those to complete the lines. The, I got a Shiny Illumise randomly while doing an X Wedlocke. Then, I got a Shiny Vanillite in the same Wedlocke, which I fully evolved as I needed to use it. Then, I decided to DexNav for a Shiny Wurmple, which appeared after only 33 encounters. I decided to go for a Shiny Axew in Y through hordes, and after 72 Hordes, I got a Shiny Zubat. Still looking for Axew, but the hunt's on hold. After that, I finally got a Shiny Mesprit after 2427 SR's. Then I decided to do a DexNav hunt in Omega Ruby, and settled on going for the Porygon line. 93 encounters got me the first, 556 got me the second, and 683 got me the third. I evolved the second and third into Porygon2 and Porygon-Z respectively. Then I decided to continue my Flying Friend Safari hunt, and after 1462 encounters I got a Shiny Hawlucha. Lastly, I decided to do another Friend safari hunt, and after 800 encounters exactly, I got a Shiny Manectric.

tl;dr: I got a Shiny Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Illumise, Vanillite, Wurmple, Zubat, Mesprit, 3 Porygon, Hawlucha, and Manectric.

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe
Just found a shiny Torkoal in Y - my first shiny in that game! Sassy nature, which is decent. Took me like 10 minutes to catch because all my party pokemon were either too strong or too weak to do much damage (especially after it used 3 Iron Defenses). The whole time I was wishing I had my "utility Crobat" to help with Super Fang+Hypnosis. Eventually I caught it in a Repeat Ball to match the color, but the ball didn't make it any easier because it was the first Torkoal I ever caught. :p

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Another quick hunt!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/shiny%20hooh_zpskkvwcy4b.jpg[/img139]

Shiny ho-oh after only 1,529 soft resets! Sync failed again... He's careful when I was aiming for adamant. But meh. He's shiny! He put up a fight, too... I'd forgotten he has only 20PP in total; he used up roughly half of it (at least four Sacred Fires, three Flame Bursts, two Punishments, and a Sunny Day; I may have miscounted, though) before he consented to staying in the ball.

Next, I'm going after another flying target: Tornadus

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Congrats to Cyberra on Ho-Oh and Scherzando on Torkoal!

For the past few days, I've been alternating daily between Route 6 and Route 10 hunting for Honedge and Houndour, respectively, but it's raining on Route 10 and the surrounding villages today. No hordes for me, so I'm spending extra time with my fainted Magnemite leading my party on Route 6. No shiny yet, but it's still early in the hunt.

Good luck on your hunts!