• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Scrufox86

Hey all. I haven't posted in a very long time. I have still been shiny hunting. I have gotten a lot since I was last on here. So I will just post my most recent shinies which are second shiny Gabite (oh I can evolve one now) and second shiny Noibat (so I can evolve one for Noivern). Try were both acquired within the last 24 hours.

Congrats to all recent shinies everyone. I am currently MMing for weedle. I want to complete my shiny kanto and johto dexes.

I haven't been doing too much shiny hunting, but i have been doing a little bit of breeding for a competitive team i'm making, and decided to take a break, since i didn't want to hatch a pokemon while i was still getting it ready
Thus I hatched a shiny tentacool. 4IV. I've been wanting one for a while, so it's great i finally got around to it.
Not sure when the next time I will post here will be, but until then, good luck and congrats on your shiny hunts!

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
I was in a friend safari when I ran into and caught a shiny dusclops so I can say hunt complete!!!! I hope to have pictures up soon. It nickname is blackhole. IMG_1288.JPG

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I've checked the link, and unfortunatley Togedemaru isn't yellow so I can't make any more Sonichu jokes about it. Also, why do the Ultra Beasts have shinies? They aren't Pokemon!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Congratulations everyone!

So I decided to do some friend safari hunting on my X version while I collect some more eggs on my AS version.
I am currently hunting in a dragon type friend safari. I just caught a shiny Noibat there.
I already have a self-caught Noibat and Noivern. I was hoping for a shiny Druddigon here. I suppose I will keep hunting here.

Good luck to everyone else!

EDIT: So I just came across a shiny Fraxure. I have one already as well, but still shiny.
It took like eight ultra balls to catch though. It was quite stubborn.

EDIT 2: And I just caught a second shiny Noibat. Come on, Druddigons. One of you needs to shine.

EDIT 3: Make that two shiny Fraxures as well. Come on now.

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Charoshi on Doduo and Swinub, Ammako on Seel, Laurelai on Spiritomb, oarfish on Skarmory, Azulart on Beldum and Chespin, Paraqua on Yanma, wobbanut on Garbodor and Liepard, Laurelai on Weedle, Ajduk on Gastly, maldoror on Helioptile and Phantump and Pumpkaboo, Xblade13 on Honedge, wobbanut on Spinarak, maskofsanity1998 on Tentacool, and everyone else on your shinies!

-------------

Well, I’ve certainly been hunting, but it seems I’ve run into a spot of bad luck =\ My most recent shinies on my HeartGold and Black 2 games were both over odds, and it looks like they’re headed back to that state. Black 2 is at 7,800 REs and HeartGold is at 6,600 REs. Definitely some time to go before being over odds on HeartGold, but it’s not promising :x Platinum is at 20,700 REs, too, so that’s getting extremely bleak (though, currently, this hunt isn’t even cracking my top 10 longest hunts >.<).

On days when Snubbull is swarming on Platinum (the route I hunt Ralts) and nights when Cubone is swarming (the route I hunt Shinx/Abra), I’ve been hunting at Turnback Cave instead. I’ve been using a Lv. 18 repel trick so that it’s around 30-40% Duskull, but unfortunately, the encounters are pretty slow. I’d also like Golbat and Chingling, but if I can get a Duskull out of the way, I can use a Lv. 16 Repel Trick which will make it much easier to get encounters (and I can find ~25% Dusclops at night).

That all being said, I’ve been getting a lot of hunting done and I’m not really sure how exactly I’m doing so much more. Maybe I’m just focusing more on not wasting time in between/during encounters. But I’ve averaged 800 REs each day the last 4 days, compared to maybe a month ago when I was doing about half that. I’m just hoping it starts to pay off soon >.<

Good luck, everyone (especially Cyberra, Crimson Penguin, CharlieDoryRose, umbreonfan3636, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, ChaoticInverse, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Look who finally decided to show up!

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/x0cgg8v.jpg[/img139]

After a total of 11,640 soft resets, tornadus finally sparkles for me. Sync failed again (I really haven't been having much luck with synchronize lately); he's docile and alert to sounds. I named him after the Norse god of wind.

Up next is latias, since I don't want to deal with another soaring hunt right away. Gonna get my syncer and catch team and head down to Southern Island.

Last edited:

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
IMG_1289.JPGI finally caught me a shiny roselia and it even has leaf guard. It's nickname is Beast's rose

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
So I spent most of today shiny hunting in the same dragon type friend safari. It too all this time, but I finally caught another shiny.

A third shiny Fraxure. This is getting somewhat frustrating, but I sort of expected it. For some reason, I frequently end up with shinies for which I am not hunting.
Eh, still a shiny.

Good luck to everyone else!

EDIT: Bad news: I just accidentally ran from a shiny. Good news: It was not a Druddigon. It was yet another Noibat. I already have like 3 shiny Noibats and a shiny Noivern, so I will not really miss this particular one that much. Oh well, back to hunting.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Everyone, you can start PM-ing me your suggestion for November CH.

No "hunt in Sun/Moon" suggestion, though, we don't even have the game yet until near the end of the month. Sun/Moon hunt would be the CH for December :p

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Oh wow, that was fast.

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/dSrVxGi.jpg[/img139]

After a mere 886 runaways, a golden latias appears on my screen. Sync worked this time; she is timid and capable of taking hits. I named her after the Titaness of sight and the shining light of the clear blue sky from Greek mythology.

Next up on my list is palkia. I have to send over the lake trio from AS first, though... That I'll do later. Right now I'm going back to route 102 for that stubborn ralts, then I'll start hunting palkia tomorrow.

Edit: After 756 dexnav encounters, ralts sparkles for me. Level 24 male, so I can evolve him into a gallade. I even have a dawn stone for him. Naughty nature, which isn't the best but still boosts attack, so I can get a decently badass mega gallade. His ability is Trace instead of Telepathy, though

Gonna try and dexnav myself a golden poochyena to kill some time now.

Last edited:

Nakashima

It's once again been actual ages since I last posted here.. I'd completely fallen out of shiny hunting to be honest. Playing handheld games has been challenging with a baby that wants to grab and bite the screens. So it's mostly been pc gaming for me for a while. Now that she's getting better about listening when I tell her thats a no-no, I've started picking it all back up. I still have my old counts on a sticky note, and all my saves are still where I left them.. but jumping right back in for Snivy.. eh I feel like I need something a bit less intimidating to start off with. So I've dropped my venusaur and ditto off at the daycare and have been hatching some eggs to try my luck for a shiny bulbasaur or two. It'd be nice to have the whole line shiny, I figured. I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I dont even remember the odds of what I'm currently doing. Think I'll have to visit the first page of this thread to refresh my memory a bit ^^. So far, I've hatched 90 eggs for Bulba. Its nothing, I know, but hey its not bad for an evenings work after a long break! :D

I hope I can finally actually get back into hunting without my desire to keep going dying out by constant interference within a week or so. We'll see what happens I guess!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Alright, as of now the only Pokemon that can't be gotten shiny in any way are Celebi, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Zygarde, Hoopa and Volcanion. However we've seen supposed "shiny-locked" Pokemon don't stay that way forever. So which do you think is the next Pokemon to eventually get a legit shiny?

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe
I love how shiny Palossand (and whatever its pre evo is called) is reminiscent of the black sands of Hawaii. That was a good decision.

Meanwhile almost at 600 eggs for Gligar. It's going much more slowly than my previous hunt due to my lack of motivation, but hopefully I can get it by the end of the month. Halloween birthday, maybe? :3

TheMaster327

Look what finally decided to sparkle tonight after a long 9,205 SRs! (Only 5 SRs into the session tonight!)
[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvpFBWHXEAAsBkv.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvpFCqRWEAAuZtG.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvpFEAQWgAAIpRc.jpg[/img139]

Yep, Raikou took it's sweet time! Had to add the butt pic as it's hilarious. It turned out the Modest Sync worked, and the IVs: 6, 7 / 6, 7 / 31 / 31 / 5 / 31. Great Sp. Atk and Speed. All it really needs! :) Have started a Horde hunt in X for 5% Smoochum in Frost Cavern. At 200 hordes now and 10 Smoochum hordes seen. Wish me luck!

Phillies

Alright, as of now the only Pokemon that can't be gotten shiny in any way are Celebi, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Zygarde, Hoopa and Volcanion. However we've seen supposed "shiny-locked" Pokemon don't stay that way forever. So which do you think is the next Pokemon to eventually get a legit shiny?

I have no idea which is next but I think Celebi is long overdo. I'm hoping for the 25th Anniversary that they do a similar giveaway as they did this year for the 20th but have all the mythical pokemon be shiny instead. There's a very low chance of that happening though.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have no idea which is next but I think Celebi is long overdo. I'm hoping for the 25th Anniversary that they do a similar giveaway as they did this year for the 20th but have all the mythical pokemon be shiny instead. There's a very low chance of that happening though.

Celebi in general was a pest to get until Generation Six. The closest we got to that pink Celebi was Mystery Dungeon. It would've been awesome if they gave out one for the Sky game release

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Caught me a shiny Larvesta today IMG_1298.JPG

EDIT: while wonder trading I got a shiny jolteon

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Was randomly wonder trading, got a shiny Fearow

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Cyberra on Thundurus, Cyberra on Latias, TheMaster327 on Raikou, and everyone else on your shinies!

-------------

Since I’ve been managing to get a good number of REs done lately, I’ve been thinking about trying to resume my side-hunts. It’d be awesome to get some more starters (and actually evolve a Charmander into Charizard!). Part of it will depend on my motivation to grab my other laptop to swap files on my cartridges, since the program to do that doesn’t work on Windows 10, so I have to use my other laptop’s Windows 7 >.< It’s really nothing too difficult and takes maybe 5 minutes tops, but it’s still kind of a bother :s

I ended up doing a lot of REs on my day off yesterday – the most I’ve done in quite a while, actually! 1,100 REs on each game for a total of 3,300 REs for the day. Sadly, doing 40% of the shiny odds’ encounters didn’t net me a shiny, which also put my 3rd game over odds. And after 700 REs today, it puts Black 2 is at 10,400 REs, Platinum is at 23,300 REs, and HeartGold is at 9,200 REs. Clearly I must be doing something wrong, just not sure what it is :)

All I can hope for is that after (and if) this rush of bad luck dies down, that it balances out with some excellent luck :x

Good luck, everyone (especially Crimson Penguin, umbreonfan3636, CharlieDoryRose, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, ChaoticInverse, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!