• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

unresponsive

still in a dream, skin eater
I caught a shiny zubat today without even trying! it is a serious nature and female.

right now I'm SOS hunting for shiny rockruff. I'm at 120 and no shiny yet, and unfortunately I am running out of PP for my whole team :(

Marvs

Shinneeee!
I managed to get two shinies on the GTS so far. The first was a Litten that was very obviously hacked so I released it. T_T The second I got just now is a Popplio that looks pretty safe. Its IVs are average, its nature is Sassy, and it has no egg moves... I can see someone preparing some parents to MM and accidentally getting a shiny, and then just giving it away because they were planning to get a better one anyway... right? :p

Shiny Popplio is also quite close to it's regular colouring so could be easily missed, especially if the original owner didn't know about shiny pokemon.

For me another night of hatching, over 800 eggs now and still no sign of the little grey sock!

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
So after beating the E4 I decided to try and get my first shiny of Gen 7 via SOS! My goal was to chain Bagon on Route 3, but then found some Berries with a Crabrawler in it. On a whim I decided ton chain this Pokemon instead, as it dose look cool and all. Around an hour or so later, this beauty popped up!

[img139]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y432/I_Pink_Elephant/CygdQVnWgAA2E3p.jpg%20large_zpsv0knizm1.jpeg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y432/I_Pink_Elephant/CygdGRaWgAAEa9K.jpg%20large_zps5im38onj.jpeg[/img139]

My first shiny of Gen 7! It has IV's in Sp.D, Sp.A, HP & Attack. The nature (Rash) could have been better, but also could have been much worse. Not sure what to do now, either go after some more shinnies, try and get the Shiny Charm or farm some BP to get the EV training items (That... dose not look like fun yet)

Oh, I guess this mean CH complete! I think this is the first time I have done one, to my shame! Cool!

ohjeezitskim

I assume it would, SOS encounters are affected by things like Cute Charm and Synchronize, I haven't heard anyone say otherwise and all my SOS chains have been under 500 with the shiny charm... I might go and try to confirm it but I doubt that it would be unaffected by the charm.

on another note, 270 eggs later I got my Shiny Mareanie :3
http://orig13.deviantart.net/b04a/f...d258626f26342c429059c6_by_abbysol-daq5s3v.jpg

Well considering the friend safari odds were also the same as what we are saying SOS hunting odds are (1/512) and the friend safari odds did not change when you got the shiny charm,
I think we can assume it won't change or get any lower than what it is at now and it stays a static 1 in 512.

So the end of last week I was working on SOSing Pikipek (as I'm doing some easier hunts before Vulpix/Salandit) and I got to about 230 before I broke the chain by accident. Oh well, was a bummer.
A day or two later I picked up the hunt again, and was going to record once I got to over 40, BUT Shiny Pikipek decided to shine much earlier than anticipated! After 22 Pikipek, a shiny appeared!
IVs aren't so bad either, I have 3 perfect IVs, although it's attack is pretty stink.

http://imgur.com/giyaz4K
http://imgur.com/SWuiPVp

I think I'm going to hunt more on the first island, such as Pichu and Grubbin before I continue on to pokemon on other islands since my shiny hunting Decidueye is only at 45!

Echo Nacyl

Well that was a pleasant surprise. 33 into a Comfey chain and a shiny one pops out. That makes Comfey my first S/M as well as Alolan shiny. I'm pretty stoked.
Caught it in a Beast Ball, just for kicks. Female, Natural Cure, Brave, Alert to Sounds, with 31s in Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Speed (Decent HP and Pretty Good Special Defense).
Named her Leileia and CH completed. Woo!

Also grats on the recent shinies. You guys changed my outlook on shiny Bruxish too--when I first saw it it looked like a Christmas fish to me. Now I can't unsee the pizza.

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all recent shinies

Well my first gen 7 shiny is a fact.

After 270 eggs, a shiny Rowlet hatched

Male, Nicknamed Grallistrix (After the genus name of the extinct stilt-owls of Hawaii), Naughty nature through everstone

Good luck to all future shinies

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
Today (November 30th) is my birthday. I thought I would look at some shiny hunt videos to motivate me, and I am close to filling up all boxes for hatched Pokémon. I began with Rowlet, and today, I got my birthday shiny at the 727th egg. Impish, male with no perfect IVs (I'll use hyper training). Since the holidays are coming up, I wish everyone good luck with their hunts and targets.

Doobius

just caught my 2nd sun shiny.....pyukumuku. was SOS searching for its HA version and after maybe 30 calls for help, i finally found one with unaware. it escaped capture a couple times and called for backup, and then appears the shiny one. well, i opted for the shiny who isnt HA. meh. guess ill start over.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Of the current unavailable shinies, which do you think should be available the earliest

Cyberra

pain in the ***
How can you tell if a pokemon in an SOS chain has its HA or not? I've been hearing about it but no one's explained it and youtube is not much help.

Up to 4,650 SRs for regice now.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
How can you tell if a pokemon in an SOS chain has its HA or not? I've been hearing about it but no one's explained it and youtube is not much help.

If it's an ability that doesn't really outright activate like Klutz or something like that, then I'm not sure if it's possible to tell. Whereas something like Limber or Snow Warning, it should be quite obvious as you won't be able to paralyze a mon' with Limber and Snow Warning activates immediately.

Never heard of a way you can tell if the Mon' actually has it's HA or not.

On Shiny news:

I got my Shiny Komala! Took around 200-300-ish eggs give or take some. Female, Adamant, Love Ball nicknamed Cider. Can't wait to use her in my Sun playthrough! :)

So this counts as challenge completed? Sweet! :D

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
alright I don't have my picture uploaded yet but i did mange to get a random shiny while playing through my game on moon version. I got a shiny alola raticate randomly while I was just leveling up my mons to beat the elite four since I was super low leveled. I will add a picture later...

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu

first thing I thought of would be to use a pokemon with the move skill swap, that seems like the easiest way to tell to me :)

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
My new hatched shinies !

Its a shiny HA Sandygast in a Heavy Ball and Shiny Jangmo-o in a Love ball, see pictures in spoiler !

[img139]http://www.fixpicture.org/medias/1480589361_tmp_WIN_20161201_11_43_00_Pro.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://www.fixpicture.org/medias/1480589327_tmp_WIN_20161201_11_43_22_Pro.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Laurelai

first thing I thought of would be to use a pokemon with the move skill swap, that seems like the easiest way to tell to me :)

Or Trace ability works too

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

Yesterday I got my first SOS method shiny: Pikipek! I have done hundreds of these encounters with various targets and this was the first to shine. I am currently hunting Drampa via MM and am about 300 eggs in thus far. It is insane how fast you can breed in this game. I already have my next MM target in mind and have a Japanese version via wondertrade.

Speaking of wondertrade, I received a shiny Mimikyu via wondertrade on Tuesday. I was clearing out some Drampa and it came through. I normally don't use traded shinies, but this thing is too adorable and looks legit.

Echo Nacyl

I can't decide what to go for next. Comfey was a complete accident, but it gave me the bug and now I want to hunt more ASAP.

Grats on the new things, as well.

As for HA SOS searching, I use a Scrappy Pangoro with False Swipe/Entrainment. Works well in most cases. I have a Damp Parasect for Spore and chaining exploders (so, basically, Geodude, which I haven't got a safe way to check for HA other than hope and pray or wait for bank), and an extra Tapu Koko I use with False Swipe/Thunderwave so he can halt SOS calls when I find a target while being Paralysis immune. By the time I'm done I'll probably have a full team of False Swipers >.< Was probably going to get a Contrary Lurantis next, to deal with things that have Screech/Growl/Sand-attack/etc.

EDIT: Just found a shiny Oricorio, like I said I would persist until I found. Found it on Route 6. Level 15, Male, caught in Timer Ball, Relaxed, Capable of taking hits, 31s in HP, Attack, Defense, and Special Defense, PRetty good Speed and Decent SpAtk.

EDIT2: And suddenly, another shiny appears. Was SOS chaining Mudbray in route 12, looking for HA, and instead a shiny appears at a chain of 38. Level 26, Calm, Stamina, female, caught in a Timer Ball, Capable of taking hits with 31s in HP, Defense, Special Attack, and Speed, 29 in Special Defense, and 20-23 Attack.

Last edited:

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Congrats to everyone who's found shinies - especially 7th Gen ones. A lot of them are awesome!

So I'd thought that I'd try finishing my Squirtle hunt on FR/LG before going for a 7th gen shiny. And I'd gotten to 800 SRs when I last put it down. After lucking out with Giratina, I thought I'd be doing this hunt for a while, but...

[img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16336&d=1480618933[/img139]

They say sometimes after you've had a nasty drought, you suddenly find a lot of your hunts can be quicker. This guy appeared after 883 SRs - which is amazing considering the full odds. His nature is Brave, and looks absolutely awesome in 3rd gen!

I am currently debating hunting Bulbasaur in 3rd gen as well. Knowing me, it'll probably take a lot longer than Squirtle did. But I'm probably going to focus on a 7th gen hunt for now.

Good luck to everyone, may your shinies sparkle fast!

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Yesterday I found a shiny Mudbray by complete accident; I wasn't even looking for it. It's my first shiny of this generation.

It's female and it has Stamina, but I was unfortunate enough to get a Bold one. But I'm still very happy I have one!