• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

_Edu

Shiny Hunter
I'm a bit disappointed when it comes to the -new- water Pokémon in Alola... that being said...

Guess what was my first random encounter while fishing in a bubble spot (Sun)

Take your time

A FFFFFFF MAGIKARP!!!! I cry.

Yesterday I found a shiny Mudbray by complete accident; I wasn't even looking for it. It's my first shiny of this generation.

It's female and it has Stamina, but I was unfortunate enough to get a Bold one. But I'm still very happy I have one!

That's awesome! Congrats! Wish my first shiny was a 7th gen Pokémon

With the trace ability wouldn't you only be able to use it once though?

I think so, too. (And it looks like we have a fave shiny in common)

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe
Of the current unavailable shinies, which do you think should be available the earliest
I HOPE we get the Tapus' shiny forms through an event or SOMETHING. I really love Tapu Koko and Lele's shiny forms the most. I'd say it'd be either them and/or Solgaleo and Lunala to be available next.

I've been hearing about people seeing shiny pokemon on the GTS holding a master ball and asking for common pokemon in return. sounds pretty sketchy. I saw a shiny Jangmo-o with a master ball yesterday, only asking for an Abra (which I had) but I didn't go for it. Who knows if they're honest free giveaways or actually hacked D:

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Congrats to all recent shinies!

Got my 3rd Sun shiny today, and first via the Masuda Method. On my 199th egg this guy popped out.

[Img139]https://s12.postimg.org/5tql2oj0t/IMG_0850.jpg[/Img139]
[Img139]https://s12.postimg.org/67rx2a34d/IMG_0851.jpg[/Img139]

This cool guy has an adamant nature. Ivs aren't bad, but nothing special. Flawless d, and near flawless sp.a but neither are super decent for an adamant Rowlet, but I like collecting these beauty shinies none the less.

3rd 7th gen shiny complete!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Or Trace ability works too

I think Trace only works at the start of a battle. And it's random which 'mon it picks in group battles, as I noticed when using a Trace gardevoir on hordes in Y.

Up to 5,400 SRs for regice. I've been managing 800 SRs a day (or night, more accurately), so it's been going pretty quickly. What annoys me about this SR hunt is that regice is in a cave, not a mysterious ring, and water drops falling from the ceiling keep making me jump thinking I see sparkles >.<

MissEevee

Fairy Princess
No random encounters of shinies in Pokemon Moon so far, I did try the SOS chaining method a few times but have been busy completing the game before going into full shint hunt mode. However, to my absolute utter shock I hatched a shiny Rowlett (my first ever hatched shiny OMG) whilst breeding starters to put on the GTS. It was either my 9th or 10th egg and I definitely wasn't expecting it. It was done by the Masuda Method, as the Ditto was my own and the Rowlett I was breeding was a foreign one from the GTS.

Here's a low quality picture: http://i.imgur.com/HZQA8vV.jpg
I was going to name him Doctor Hoot but decided on John Smith as a different kind of DW reference. xD

wobbanut

Team Awesome
It took a couple of days, but I was able to get my first shiny of Sun through SOS hunting, a shiny pikipek. ^_^ I really wanted it, I love the looks of shiny toucannon. At least the final SOS chain I did was pretty short, about 20-30.

Since I'm still playing through the game and haven't gotten charizard yet for flying, I'll wait before trying a few pokemon I really want to get, like delibird and growlithe (both for my shiny Rocketdex) and cutiefly (I love its colors). I might try for jigglypuff, since I'm on island 2.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Had to take a break from Mimikyu, going to hatch a few boxes of Rowlet. I am up to around 1,300 Mimikyu, probably about 20 hours or so of hatching..

Cyberra

pain in the ***
:D I got him!

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/F9kOiQD.jpg[/img139]

6,001 SRs! And he's rather appropriate considering the season and the fact that it's been snowing here. Sync was successful; he is modest nature and takes plenty of siestas. Too bad his IVs are in the wrong places... Took me about 20 balls to catch him, but I got him in my favorite ball :D I named him after the Greek god of surreal dreams, since people can see some damn weird stuff when they get really really cold.

Up next: The last of the trio. At least registeel's shiny is easier to spot than regice's, and I won't be jumping every time a water drop falls past him.

Last edited:

Dangertrout

Hi everyone! I haven't been around for a while because I overdid it with school this term >.< Fortunately, the term is almost over! I'll be around a bit more during the break =)

Congrats to everyone who found shinies since I was last here!

I played through the entire game and completed my pokedex without encountering a shiny >.< I did get pokerus though, which was nice.
Then yesterday I finally acquired the shiny charm and started SOS hunting. My first shiny of pokemon sun: Shiny Bruxish! It has the hidden ability, a neutral nature and the IVs are 31/21-24/31/31/30/31. I would have preferred the Strong Jaw ability, but Wonder Skin isn't the worst thing out there. Now I'm hunting for Togedemaru between the last of my assignments for this term.

Happy hunting and good luck everyone!

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Awesome news Cyberra!

So after switching from Mimikyu to Rowlet he shines in about 150 eggs! I just needed some inspiration to go back to finishing off my main hunt and this has given me it!

Bowlbasaur

Here's a low quality picture: http://i.imgur.com/HZQA8vV.jpg
I was going to name him Doctor Hoot but decided on John Smith as a different kind of DW reference. xD

What a great idea, I didn't even think about doing a DW reference with mine! I went with Jimmy because Dartrix reminds me of Jim Adkins from Jimmy Eat World lol.

Had to take a break from Mimikyu, going to hatch a few boxes of Rowlet. I am up to around 1,300 Mimikyu, probably about 20 hours or so of hatching..

Dang and here I am feeling sorry for myself that I've already done 450 for Mimikyu so far haha. Congrats on your Rowlet! If I can get lucky here soon, Mimikyu will be my first shiny of this gen.

Shiny Lord

So far I have gotten a shiny Pikpek and Crabrawler from SOS and 2 shiny Rowlet( Egg 121 and 130), shiny Litten(MM egg 159) and shiny Popplio(egg 404) in my moon version. Trying to get foreign Sandyghast for next hunt

Echo Nacyl

Grats on the Regice, Cyberra. I SR'd that thing myself awhile ago and know your pain from the dripping water.
Meanwhile I'm trying to decide whether I want to go for Rockruff or Drampa for my first SM MM quest.

unresponsive

still in a dream, skin eater
:D I got him!
whoa, congrats. that's dedication. I love the name choice.

ran into a shiny alolan grimer just a few days after encountering that shiny zubat. totally random. this Sun file is starting to feel special.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I HOPE we get the Tapus' shiny forms through an event or SOMETHING. I really love Tapu Koko and Lele's shiny forms the most. I'd say it'd be either them and/or Solgaleo and Lunala to be available next.

I've been hearing about people seeing shiny pokemon on the GTS holding a master ball and asking for common pokemon in return. sounds pretty sketchy. I saw a shiny Jangmo-o with a master ball yesterday, only asking for an Abra (which I had) but I didn't go for it. Who knows if they're honest free giveaways or actually hacked D:

I wish they had shiny Celebi available-its been like fifteen years. They should've released one for the 4th gen Mystery Dungeon games, or have Celebi available via event item accessing it in-game, and not shiny locking it.

Dangertrout

Last night I found my second target: Shiny Togedemaru! It took all day and without a proper shiny hunting team it was a pain. Mainly due to the paralysis from nuzzle all the time and the sturdy and iron barbs abilities. Arguably, it took all my free time of the day, not all day. I did have assignments and things to work on too.... but it certainly felt like all day! :p
It has the Iron Barbs ability, IVs 31/x/31/31/31/x and Jolly nature. I used to be disappointed when I got shinies missing IVs in the nature-relevant stats, but this gen it annoys me less for some reason.

Happy hunting everyone!

Marvs

Shinneeee!
This hunt is seriously testing me, got to around 1,300 on round one for Mimikyu, took a break for Rowlet and got a shiny a tablet 150. Now I am back up to around 500 eggs for Mimikyu again!

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Just got my first ever shiny in gen 7 :D A shiny rowlet from MM.
After 152 eggs without shiny charm haha. so happy. I'm MMing for rockruff now. wish me luck!

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Okay seriously what is with my luck right now?!?

Stared a 7th gen hunt last night. Lush Jungle had some pretty nice Pokemon so I've been putting bits of my time to spare into doing REs.

465 REs in and I look down and think: "Aren't you supposed to be pink?"

[img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16343&d=1480796754[/img139]

I have named him Mango. He's Hasty natured. So happy it didn't take long to get Fomantis - one of the people I follow on youtube has been doing a hunt here and has gotten nothing but Trumbeaks. Glad the same didn't happen to me!

EDIT: I now realise that this actually counts towards the monthly challenge! With that said, Community Hunt complete.

Last edited:

Atome

Snowy Poochyena
tumblr_ohmoteIAov1uw22pjo1_250.jpg

Welp. I guess this counts x)
Was only breeding a few in beast balls for good IVs for my husband and friends, and this pops up. Nice.