• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Hyokaze

My first shiny in gen 7 was a random encounter green Zubat in Verdant Cavern (rather fitting), and not even two hours later I hatched (without masuda method or shiny charm) a shiny Lillipup it was only afterwards did I notice the green tinge of it.

Still really happy when I see them too. Meanwhile with the GTS I've also put a big dent in the living shiny dex over the last few days, about 40 left including Alola, and Silvally forms.

Dangertrout

In the last few days I got a couple more shinies. Turtonator via SOS method and Minior through MM. I think that's about it for me for a while. I'm just not a fan of shiny hunting in gen 7. I think I'm just going to play through the game on my other file and then do some competitive stuff. Good luck on all your hunts!

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
After beating the E4 I went to complete my pokedex and in the process I came across a shiny Lillipup, SR for shiny Type: Null and came across a shiny Pelipper while looking for a grip claw. Fast forward to now. Finished all the story pre and post. Have the shiny charm and I am nearly 1600 eggs for shiny Rowlet and nothing. I have a full box of 6IV Jolly ones. But not a single shiny! The RNG is this game is just frustrating. Any else having atrocious luck after getting the shiny charm? Or it it literally just me -_-

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
After around 1,000 SR for Type:Null and nothing.... I have decided to come back to it later and MM for an Alolan Vulpix and later a poplio.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Hopefully I can get a shiny Jangmo-o soon. Hatched 100 eggs so far....

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
After around 1,000 SR for Type:Null and nothing.... I have decided to come back to it later and MM for an Alolan Vulpix and later a poplio.

Ugh. I planned on Sr'ing type null after i get the shiny charm and someone wonder traded me a obviousily hacked shiny one. Gamefreak trolled me again

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
So, I collected well over 400 eggs across I think 10 different Pokémon (it was 40 eggs per Pokémon), and I started hatching them this morning.
I made it through a few Pokémon before one shined.

He is a shiny Mimikyu.
He is everstoned Adamant and in a Dusk Ball. I will go check his IVs now. His IV spread is 31/31/31/31/x/31. His special defense is "decent." I will most likely end up Hyper Training that stat. Good thing I am also collecting bottle caps.
I still have many boxes of eggs left. I hope another shinies, but I am fine with this Mimiku.

Good luck to everyone else on your hunts!

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
My top three would be Rowlet, Bruxish, and Baile Oricorio. I love the color combinations on them (especially the bright red on Bruxish, seeing as it's my favorite color), and I can't wait to hunt for them in my Sun trial quest. I also like Toucannon, Ribombee, Fomantis line, Minior, Pyukumuku, Grubbin line, and several others that I can't think of right now. There's also Lunala, who is possibly one of my favorite shiny legendaries of all time... damn you Trollfreak and your shiny locks!

Lunala's a pretty cool shiny, being a reference to the lunar moon. Solgaelo isn't nearly as impressive though. I wish it was black as a reference to the solar eclipse

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After beating the E4 I went to complete my pokedex and in the process I came across a shiny Lillipup, SR for shiny Type: Null and came across a shiny Pelipper while looking for a grip claw. Fast forward to now. Finished all the story pre and post. Have the shiny charm and I am nearly 1600 eggs for shiny Rowlet and nothing. I have a full box of 6IV Jolly ones. But not a single shiny! The RNG is this game is just frustrating. Any else having atrocious luck after getting the shiny charm? Or it it literally just me -_-

I got the shiny charm in Y and then decided to MM a woobat... 4,000+ eggs. RNG can kiss my rump XP

*shuffles feet* I'm up to 3,800 SRs for registeel. It actually shined at 1,026-ish SRs, but I didn't register that it was green until I'd already pushed the button to SR again. That was the first time I've ever SRed over a shiny. I will get it back, though. Been kicking myself about it for the last two days XP

Are there shinies for the different forms of Minior or is there just the one

Shiny minior has a black core. Always.

Edit: He came back! Shiny registeel at 4,007 SRs!

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/iUtn3At.jpg[/img139]

:D I got my registeel back! Sync worked and he is calm nature, somewhat vain, with Clear Body. He has relatively superior potential and max IVs in HP, SpATK, and SpDEF, which boosts his already high SpDEF even higher. Niiiiiiiiiiice :D His name is German for "steel".

Gonna try DexNav for roggenrola before going after the trio's master, regigigas.

Edit #2: Roggenrola decided to be annoying, so I went up to route 116 to hunt eevee. After only 26 dexnav encounters, I find a shiny female eevee. She's impish and takes plenty of siestas, with Run Away. Going to leave her an eevee and look for another one to evolve to sylveon.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Got my first shiny of Gen 7 last night. I realized I traded my Type:Null away so I went to the GTS and put Guzzlord up there in exchange for a new one. Lo and behold, it turned out to be shiny! Doubly cool since I claimed Type:Null in the Claim-A-Pokemon thread.

CryHavoc91

Prof. Gengarchomp
So after a chain of 52, I misjudged Bagons movepool... and he struggled away. Time to start over lol.
Does anyone know if the shiny charm affects SOS shiny odds??

I've noticed I'm gettin shinies at a much faster rate with charm. I'd assume this is our dex nav replacement.

Good to know. Now I have to finish my darn pokedex lol

Last edited:

Blastonite

Dream Crusher

All are black when shiny. You can see the core color in the overworld Sprite though.

Also congrats Cy :D shiny registeel is awesome. I did end up getting my shiny Rowlet within the last 10 eggs I had. Perfect IVs too Thankfully! Moving onto Crabrawler next. Got my 6IV last night and up to 50ish eggs hatched. Hopefully I can stay within 1x odds this time!

WITHIN 100 EGGS TODAY! I still have 2 boxes left to hatch. Maybe another is hiding in there!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNxV0GUDG1n/?taken-by=blastoknight

Also here is my Shiny Rowlet from Yesterday which took like 1600 eggs!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNu86YnBFoI/?taken-by=blastoknight

DOUBLE CRABRAWLERS! https://www.instagram.com/p/BNxdPU8DiBL/?taken-by=blastoknight

Last edited:

Echo Nacyl

Grats on that Registeel, Cyberra. One of my favorite shinies. Such a great color.
I'm so timid about doing just that that my SRs are probably much slower than necessary. I've only missed a shiny once, and it was a Foongus in a horde. I wasn't paying attention when the horde appeared and didn't let the camera pan. I discovered this only when I was going through my Pokedex and switching the displayed Pokemon to shinies where I had them. When I came to Foongus and saw that it had three forms registered (male, female, shiny) I just stared at the screen for several minutes. I then spent 4 days hunting for another one until I found it.

Finally got my Shiny Charm. Officially started a MM hunt for Rockruff last night. We'll see how long this goes.

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
Hello everyone. I have been busy with other things and leveling up my latest shiny (Decidueye) but I have more news to report on. I left a little bit of leveling (and finding a final Bottle Cap) for later and focused on hatching Litten. It didn't take long, because I found my shiny today at egg #160. Jolly, Male with a perfect IV in defense. I will take some time to level up more and train, but my next shiny target should be a Mareanie. I wish you all luck and good presents this holiday!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Good job on getting Shiny Registeel Cyberra. I spent over 11,000 SRs trying to get it, though half of that was pre-Shiny Charm

Who's the earliest Sun and Moon shiny? Legit, from that game and not from the pre-release downloads but the physical copy. How many hours had it been out that point?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After another 237 seen, I got my second shiny eevee. It's another female, too :D I was hoping she'd get her HA, since I want a Pixilate sylveon, but meh. She's modest nature, so she'll make a good sylveon anyway ^_^

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So after a chain of 52, I misjudged Bagons movepool... and he struggled away. Time to start over lol.
Does anyone know if the shiny charm affects SOS shiny odds??

I've noticed I'm gettin shinies at a much faster rate with charm. I'd assume this is our dex nav replacement.