• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
Well my luck went through the roof last night I feel! I got 2 Shiny Dhelmise within 40-45eggs! https://www.instagram.com/p/BOBiqcKDsa-/?taken-by=blastoknight

Last night I went about EVTraining/LevelingUp my previous MM hunts. Finished my Decidueye, Carbominable, and my Stareena since allk were Jolly it made EVTraining them ezpz yo! No shinies while EV training though, but that's ok! My Ribombee, Araquanid and Dhelmise need to finish EVTraining/LevelingUp then I might go SR Porygon and Aerodactyl, idk which order yet though!

Congrats to all who have seen the Shine and good luck to those hoping to see it soon!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys! Long time no see! <3

Well, I'm starting to get that shiny itch back.. I was wondering, how would a badge quest work for sun/moon? I was thinking 2 shinies per island, one before and after a trail? Has anyone attempted this yet?

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
Has anyone actually gotten a shiny over the 'supposed' odds yet? Every shiny I see is WAY below those odds, which is what makes me believe they're 100% inaccurate.

Anyway, found a Shiny Chansey in the Friend Safari earlier. Still hunting Litten though... little bugger needs to shine soon.

That's cool and I have found 23 shines and I'm currently in a phantump atm and have killed 331 so far and still no shiny but most of my shinies were found by 200 SOS calls in but a few have been found over 200 my grubbin took 226 my caterpie took 291 and my rockruff took 244

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
I finally got it! A Shiny Alolan Vulpix, male but no HA though....

Echo Nacyl

Well, that was a nice surprise. Was EV training against a Munchlax chain, when a shiny one appeared at a chain of just 29. Female, level 10, Thick Fat, Serious, and Alert to Sounds. 31s in HP, Def, and Speed, 'Very Good' Attack and SpDef, and 'Pretty Good' SpAtk.

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats to everyone who found a shiny since the last time I posted which was like June or something? Time sure does fly!

Anyway I'm posting because I've found three shinies these last few weeks in Sun! While I was being lazy and trying to find a wild Salamence I found a shiny Bagon during an S.O.S Battle!
Shiny Bagon Video

Next while looking for a wild Politoed for the pokedex, I found a shiny Poliwag in another S.O.S Battle.
Shiny Poliwag Video

Finally, a few days ago, I managed to hatch a pretty awesome shiny Litten via Masuda Method.
Shiny Litten Video

I'd post more detailed descriptions of when I found them but I currently don't have internet at home (I moved) and can only get on Serebii while I'm at the library and I only get two hours of internet time. I also can't upload images right now because for some reason Photobucket won't let me upload and keeps logging me out. I also have Moon but I haven't started it yet and wonder if I should do a Badge Quest/Island Quest/Trial Quest. Anyway, congrats again everyone and good luck on all of your hunts!

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
I'm still in the phantump hunt have killed over 500.omg this Is getting annoying. Hope I get one really soon thinking abt giving up. What do u guys think I should do let me know

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys! Long time no see! <3

Well, I'm starting to get that shiny itch back.. I was wondering, how would a badge quest work for sun/moon? I was thinking 2 shinies per island, one before and after a trail? Has anyone attempted this yet?

bumped. Also, need to finish this platinum bq =O

Keovix

Congratulations to everybody on your shinies!

I've found a bunch of shinies since my last post.

Cutiefly appeared after 772 encounters, Serious nature and Perfect IV's in Sp. Attack, Attack, Sp. Def and Def.

Rockruff after 150 encounters, Bold nature and perfect IV's in Attack, Defense, Sp. Def and Speed.

Yungoos after 459 encounters, Bold nature and perfect IV's in Attack, Defense, Sp. Def and Speed.

And finally Dewpider after 107 encounters, Sassy nature and perfect IV's in Sp. Attack, Sp. Def, Defense and Speed.

Good luck to all those hunting!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I haven't had any new shinies for a couple of weeks, but that should soon change. I play the game for a couple of hours each day, so I'm progressing a bit slowly, but finally I got the game guide today (it had a delayed shipment), so now I don't have to rely on Pokearth when the computer is running to know what pokemon to find where. I also finally got my charizard ride last night, so first good chance I get I'll fly back to island one and chain for delibird and growlithe, both of which I need for my shiny Rocketdex.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What's your favorite pink shiny? Mine is Mareep. It's like cotton candy

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
Still no shiny phantump I've killed over 765 of them so the chain has reset three times total so far. I'm really getting fed up with phantump I've been in this hunt since Wednesday night. Really thinking abt calling it quits and trying again later but idk any advice on what to do or do u guys think I should keep going till the end. Anything at all would be helpful if u guys have a suggestion on what to do or how I should end this hunt plz let me know

SkyMew

At long last, my first Pokémon Sun Shiny decides to appear. I was about to try soft resetting for [spoil]Type: Null,[/spoil] but then I got tired and decided to try filling my Pokedex for that Shiny Charm.

I went looking for a possible Synchronizer in the future, put my Murkrow with a Mean Look in front of my team and...

The second Abra I see is Shiny.

It's been years. Possibly one of my first, if not the first Shiny ever in Ruby was a Shiny Abra that teleported away. This time, I was prepared! :D

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
My shiny Type: Null is now a shiny Silvally since I needed a better movepool to optimize its special attack IVs. I still think I like Shiny Type:Null's bronze over Silvally's gold, but Silvally looks really good shiny and with a flying memory - Blue and gold go so well together.

Bowlbasaur

Still no shiny phantump I've killed over 765 of them so the chain has reset three times total so far. I'm really getting fed up with phantump I've been in this hunt since Wednesday night. Really thinking abt calling it quits and trying again later but idk any advice on what to do or do u guys think I should keep going till the end. Anything at all would be helpful if u guys have a suggestion on what to do or how I should end this hunt plz let me know

That's unfortunate it's taking so long! Personally I would stick it out until the little guy shines--it's always worth it!

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
That's unfortunate it's taking so long! Personally I would stick it out until the little guy shines--it's always worth it!

Hey yeah Ik it takes a while I've done 22 SOS hunts and I caught a hidden ability one at 882 bcuz I was bored. But I am gonna try again real soon I really want one. Yeah it is always worth it I plan on searching that long for a rockruff well my 2nd shiny one and most likely that long or longer for sever but yeah this is first hunt I quit on. I kinda wish I didn't but oh well. And thx for the advice.

Bowlbasaur

Hey yeah Ik it takes a while I've done 22 SOS hunts and I caught a hidden ability one at 882 bcuz I was bored. But I am gonna try again real soon I really want one. Yeah it is always worth it I plan on searching that long for a rockruff well my 2nd shiny one and most likely that long or longer for sever but yeah this is first hunt I quit on. I kinda wish I didn't but oh well. And thx for the advice.

An alternative would be filling your Pokedex first if you haven't already, that shiny charm should make it go faster unless you have a string of bad luck.

Drampa is officially my next target, but I'm not sure if i want to try to chain him again or just go for a hatch.

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
An alternative would be filling your Pokedex first if you haven't already, that shiny charm should make it go faster unless you have a string of bad luck.

Drampa is officially my next target, but I'm not sure if i want to try to chain him again or just go for a hatch.

Yeah I already got the shiny charm. I got it like two weeks ago. And no i dont have bad luck bcuz I have found 23 shinies so far and that is really lucky. And cool have u got a shiny drampa yet.