• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Echo Nacyl

I'm excited about Gen 7 because WE CAN FINALLY HAVE OUR LEGIT MOON BALL UMBREONS!

^This
So much that. I plan to collect Apricorn Ball Eevees to breed at least one of each. Moon Ball Umbreon is actually pretty high on my MM list for this gen.

Currently double MM'ing, alternating between Wimpod and Cutiefly

Keovix

Congratulations to everybody on your shinies!

Found 3 shinies since my last post!

Fomantis appeared after 174 encounters, Hasty nature and Perfect IV's in HP, Sp. Defense, Defense and Speed.

Grubbin after 220 encounters, Rash nature and perfect IV's in Attack, Sp. Attack, Sp. Def and Speed.

And Bounsweet after 781 encounters, Modest nature and perfect IV's in HP, Defense, Sp. Def and Speed, so far my longest hunt.

Just started s.o.s. for shiny Comfey.
Good luck to all those hunting!

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
Since hatching double Dhelmise to finish my first 6 shinies(technically 8 with double Crabrawler and Dhelmise) I decided to actually fill my Alola dex by actually having the pokemon not just the entries from trading and such. I am now deciding to go after Gift Porygon then Gift Aerodactyl. Since Type: Null can be shiny I imagine they can be too. I'll update within a week with both hopefully if they can be!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Just got my Shiny Spinarak! Took 85 encounters, she's Bold nature with Insomnia. I think I'm going to Masuda Method for Drampa now! :)

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
Well, I haven't gotten in any progress on my Gen VI hunts because I was distracted by playing Sun, but I restarted White 2 yesterday and while I was level grinding in Floccesy Ranch prior to the Aspertia Gym battle, I stumbled across a shiny Lillipup! Caught her on the first Poké Ball and named her Lucky; she's now the third member of my team.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
So I restarted the Omega Ruby Badge Quest I started a month back. I got up to about 600 soft resets for Treecko when I decided that I was going to go after a Ralts to serve as my starter instead. I ground a Surskit up to learn sweet scent, and started horde hunting not to find a shiny, but to try to boost up my dexnav odds because it was being disagreeable. Ralts is rare in hordes but I figured I wouldn't find another shiny, but I was wrong.

[Img139]https://s23.postimg.org/c923tgyzf/IMG_0884.jpg[/Img139]

Zigzagoon was pretty low on my want list, like near the bottom, but its a nice shiny and I got a quick hunt like I wanted. So Beggars can not be choosers! Now to beat Roxanne with nothing but Ziggy..

Congrats to everyone on their wonderful shinies! :D I haven't posted in a bit since I was very busy with S/M and helping my friend with her VGC team, but I did get to go after a Shiny after I was done!

I got a Timid Shiny Cutiefly with perfect IVs in all but... Sp. Atk. Which was a huge bummer, but at least]/i] I can use a Bottle Cap on it :)

Right now I'm just kind of casually hatching eggs of Pokemon I want to use competitively, but I'm also hoping for Shinies too. I'm hatching Mimikyu right now, which is another Shiny I want to have.

I want the starters, but first, I have to take care of the other Shiny starters in my Shiny starter project, and I also kind of want to wait until Intimidate is released for Litten...

Marvs

Shinneeee!
So I am trying the (possibly not so) new method of MM for my Vulpix hunt, it basically takes advantage of the new pre-determined egg stats in Sun/Moon. You substitute a magikarp for your desired Pokemon, as magikarp requires a tiny 1280 steps to hatch, then you either collect 30 eggs and stop the breeding, hatch all the eggs and check for a shiny or do what I am doing (which I hope works, it should) but just keep continually hatching like normal and every 10-15 eggs save your game (but make sure you have no eggs on you or that the daycare isn't holding eggs). Keep doing this until you get your shiny magikarp and then SR to your last save which shouldn't be more than 10 eggs or so back, remove magikarp from daycare and put your desired Pokemon in and it should shine on the very same egg magikarp did!

I hope this isn't against the rules, no external devices are used or anything but if it is just delete this! If anyone wants anymore info just drop me a PM, I will update you all with my results :)

AnimePsyclone

Mew... Mew... Mew...
I don’t believe in shines, but if I get a new Pokemon game I might SR for a shiny Rowlet. I’m naming it Bow. It goes from having a bow to having a bow.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
I don’t believe in shines, but if I get a new Pokemon game I might SR for a shiny Rowlet. I’m naming it Bow. It goes from having a bow to having a bow.

They do exist, I assure you! Also, I would strongly advise against Rowlet being your first ever hunt, it's definitely one of the longest SR times currently.

Lurantis

Autism Love
with shiny rockruff and shiny gurbbin appearing with 15 minutes of each other I'm afraid I used up all my shiny luck for now... Currently MM for haze, ominous wind, baton pass, and defog rowlet! wish me luck...

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
with shiny rockruff and shiny gurbbin appearing with 15 minutes of each other I'm afraid I used up all my shiny luck for now... Currently MM for haze, ominous wind, baton pass, and defog rowlet! wish me luck...

awesome. congrats on the shinies i love my shiny vikavolt and lycanrock. and now im currently MM hunting minior. and good luck im 275 eggs in and still nothing. but they have 5-6 ivs so cant complain.

roule

take it all or leave it... I Feel You
update on my shiny hunting: while looking for bagons on route 3 for dex completion i ran into a shiny delibird! the luck hasnt lasted however...

Hyokaze

Currently hunting for the last of the new shinys, a Morelull/Shiinotic for my living shiny dex. The past two days I've been hatching them (400+) in between checking the GTS with no luck so far...

My shiny Silvally collection is at 13/18 now, I still need some extra memorys for the different types but they'll be easy enough to get.

I have 8 shiny Minior now 1 Yellow, 1 Purple, 3 Light Green, and 3 Light Blue. Still need red, orange and dark blue.
If you have them and want to trade for the duplicates just let me know.

Also finished the other alternate forms so in total there is only 9 Pokemon left until it's 100% complete.

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
Update with Porygon is not much progress yet. A couple hundred resets or so rn. Not a high priority since it holiday and such for the next couple of weeks. Hoping for a fairly easy hunt though. I don't wanna go over odds but with my luck I might hah. Anyway. Happy holidays to all and I hope to come back after the weekend with the last 2 gift pokemon shiny :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to Lurantis, roule, and Hyokaze (that's an impressive Minior collection)! :) Good luck to everyone on their current hunts.

So I already have some news. Out of nowhere I decided to change hunts and go after a Shiny Midnight Lycanroc in a Beast Ball. So, I packed up my stuff, headed for Ten Carat Hill, and chained for a HA Rockruff. It didn't take too long :) Then I bred Sucker Punch onto it and started MMing. Just now I got my shiny Rockruff!! And I'm really lucky because it has its HA! I'm so happy right now. It has max HP, Attack and Speed (thank god lol), very high spdef and pretty good def. The only way I could be happier is if its defensive stats were maxed, but I'm not complaining! I got it super fast!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
FOOTBALL!

I was only trying to get a female so that I could breed Iron Head onto it next and after 10 Eggs, this came out! I don't have the Shiny Charm yet and I wasn't trying to hunt one but even then, I got my very first hatched shiny in Gen VII!

Good luck to those hunting and congratulations to those that got their shinies recently m!

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

It has been quite the afternoon. I was nearing the end of my fourth round of SOS hunting Bounsweet when she finally shined! The chain must have rolled over recently because she has no perfect IVs. I then went to route 1 to EV train her on some Grubbin. The first encounter when I entered the grass: shiny Rattata! Within 30 Grubbin of the SOS hunt, one shined! That's three shinies in less than forty minutes. I have never had this kind of luck before.

I have moved to Fomantis for SOS EV training.

EDIT: Shiny Fomantis!! She has outstanding potential and 4 IVs (missing attack and HP). I don't think I have ever caught four shinies in one day before!

Last edited:

Bowlbasaur

Wow congrats on your amazing luck!! I still haven't had my Drampa shine, but I have been doing other things in between egg batches. I bought my husband a DS and Sun for his birthday this month--he hasn't played since R/B but wants to get back into it. A couple hours into his game he shows me his team and to my shock he had a shiny Grubbin! The funniest part is that he didn't even realize it at first, but now he loves the little guy even more lol.

I hope everyone's luck continues!