• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
Wow congrats on your amazing luck!! I still haven't had my Drampa shine, but I have been doing other things in between egg batches. I bought my husband a DS and Sun for his birthday this month--he hasn't played since R/B but wants to get back into it. A couple hours into his game he shows me his team and to my shock he had a shiny Grubbin! The funniest part is that he didn't even realize it at first, but now he loves the little guy even more lol.

I hope everyone's luck continues!

OMG! thats so sweet of You and How many eggs so far And cool. You R a really Nice person for what u do. And again Thx SO much FOr the picture ITS amazing. And lol fr thats awesome he got one so early.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Random Shiny Amoonguss encounter in Y :D

I was on the way to visit Wulfric in the Winding Woods and there she was. Very thankful to have her on my team as a bulky Grass-type :)

Hyokaze

Thanks, Super Pichu Chan.

What Alola forms do you think have better shinies than their normal variant counterparts, and which do you think have worse?

Better

Rattata
- The red is so much better
Raticate
Raichu - Don't like the deep brown on the Alolan one, probably because the eyes are terrifying.
Sandshrew - They're both great, yet I think this one is a tad cuter.
Meowth
- Love the dark blue, it fits the dark typing well.
Persian
Geodude
Gravler - Both forms are great, the extra details I feel give it the edge though.
Golem
Grimer - Gotta love how the Shiny form is basically a regular non-shiny Grimer, it's a nice touch.
Muk - The mixture of animation and color makes this, one of my favorites.
Marowak - No comparison, the Alolan form looks ready to rumble

Worse

Sandslash - I sorta like the design, but I know I love the original better.
Vulpix - Alola shiny looks the same as if it wasn't, I prefer drastic changes are at least noticeable ones.
Ninetales - I prefer the original more, and it's easier to spot the shiny.
Diglett
- I can't handle the magnifence of that hair. Don't know why.
Dugtrio
Exeggutor - I guess I prefer the original, looks more natural...

Oh yeah, I completed the Living Shiny Dex once again! Finally found that Morelull now Shiinotic on the GTS a few hours ago. Now I can rest for the holidays and maybe finish the others by New Years.

Will need to repair the damages done to my regular boxes too... from all that trading.

Good luck to all and let it shine, shine, shine!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Thanks, Super Pichu Chan.

Better

Rattata
- The red is so much better
Raticate
Raichu - Don't like the deep brown on the Alolan one, probably because the eyes are terrifying.
Sandshrew - They're both great, yet I think this one is a tad cuter.
Meowth
- Love the dark blue, it fits the dark typing well.
Persian
Geodude
Gravler - Both forms are great, the extra details I feel give it the edge though.
Golem
Grimer - Gotta love how the Shiny form is basically a regular non-shiny Grimer, it's a nice touch.
Muk - The mixture of animation and color makes this, one of my favorites.
Marowak - No comparison, the Alolan form looks ready to rumble

Worse

Sandslash - I sorta like the design, but I know I love the original better.
Vulpix - Alola shiny looks the same as if it wasn't, I prefer drastic changes are at least noticeable ones.
Ninetales - I prefer the original more, and it's easier to spot the shiny.
Diglett
- I can't handle the magnifence of that hair. Don't know why.
Dugtrio
Exeggutor - I guess I prefer the original, looks more natural...

Oh yeah, I completed the Living Shiny Dex once again! Finally found that Morelull now Shiinotic on the GTS a few hours ago. Now I can rest for the holidays and maybe finish the others by New Years.

Will need to repair the damages done to my regular boxes too... from all that trading.

Good luck to all and let it shine, shine, shine!

I can't decide with the Geodude lines and Exeggcutor, since the coloration doesn't really change. As for Grimer and Muk, I think they're equal for the same reason you gave-their shiny has the coloration of their interegional counterpart

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Got my second BQ shiny today. My target was Zubat but after quite a few hundred horde encounters I found this guy.

[Img139]https://s30.postimg.org/qcrtfy3j5/IMG_0888.jpg[/Img139]
[Img139]https://s30.postimg.org/oz06kn49t/IMG_0889.jpg[/Img139]

This shiny was my 2nd choice, so I'm certainly not going to complain. Hariyama is a very nice shiny.

My next target will maybe be Magnemite, but I haven't fully decided yet.

Good luck to all those still hunting and congrats to those with success.

Absolutely Absol

It's just Absol...
On Moon, I got my first shiny 'mon through Wonder Trade. It's Caterpie. Though its stats look terrible but I'm keeping it anyway.

Also, I have shiny Ditto as well. It wasn't planned as I was hunting 4-IVs Ditto through SOS chaining. Also, I don't have shiny charm. Though this Ditto has 3 perfect IVs but I don't mind. :)

Anyway, congrats to who got shinies and good luck to all.

Frisk

I just got a shiny Eevee guy for my little sister a few days ago! She's been in the hospital and today's her birthday. She's getting Sun and wanted a shiny Eevee for her in-game team, so it was perfect timing. I'm probably going to try and get a shiny Passimian for myself next (also so that I can send the leftovers from MM on WT since it's Sun exclusive) and then a Snivy for my brother.

Attachments

• muddy.jpg
    muddy.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 11

Bowlbasaur

OMG! thats so sweet of You and How many eggs so far And cool. You R a really Nice person for what u do. And again Thx SO much FOr the picture ITS amazing. And lol fr thats awesome he got one so early.

I took a break at 300 eggs and I have yet to go back to it lol. I'm still running around completing the living dex so that has taken priority for now. You're welcome :)!!

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Marvs on Wimpod, maldoror on Rockruff, Cutiefly, Bounsweet, Grubbin, Rattata, and Fomantis, AmethystLeslie on Castform, Erron Black on Comfey and Spinarak, Scherzando on Rattata, Keovix on Fomantis, Grubbin, and Bounsweet, Conquering Storm on Lillipup, Charoshi on Zigzagoon and Makuhita, Super Pichu Chan on Cutiefly and Rockruff, roule on Delibird, Dragalge on Passimian, Italianbaptist on Amoonguss, Absolutely Absol on Ditto, Frisk on Eevee, Hyokaze on completing your living shiny Dex, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to Waves01 and RedJirachi for the congrats!

For the second time in 5 days I am near speechless... I just found a shiny Rowlet after only 104 SRs!

I think this is the best fast hunt I could have possibly gotten and I couldn't be happier! : D I had just started casually watching some shiny fail videos on YouTube while resetting for Rowlet and hunting Slowpoke in SoulSilver. When I looked down and saw the green bird on my screen my jaw dropped and I freaked. XD This is the second fastest non-MM hunt I've ever had (only Amaura was faster at 51 SRs). I really thought this one was going to take months, especially with how slow the SRs are - I can't believe my luck! I named my Rowlet Archer, and he has a Relaxed nature (same as Volcarona, heh) with Overgrow. I'm so glad my first gen 7 shiny was one of my favorites of the new generation. And now my Sun Trial Quest is officially underway! Next stop is Melemele Meadow, hoping for either Cutiefly or Oricorio.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Marvs on Wimpod, maldoror on Rockruff, Cutiefly, Bounsweet, Grubbin, Rattata, and Fomantis, AmethystLeslie on Castform, Erron Black on Comfey and Spinarak, Scherzando on Rattata, Keovix on Fomantis, Grubbin, and Bounsweet, Conquering Storm on Lillipup, Charoshi on Zigzagoon and Makuhita, Super Pichu Chan on Cutiefly and Rockruff, roule on Delibird, Dragalge on Passimian, Italianbaptist on Amoonguss, Absolutely Absol on Ditto, Frisk on Eevee, Hyokaze on completing your living shiny Dex, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

For the second time in 5 days I am near speechless... I just found a shiny Rowlet after only 104 SRs!

I think this is the best fast hunt I could have possibly gotten and I couldn't be happier! : D I had just started casually watching some shiny fail videos on YouTube while resetting for Rowlet and hunting Slowpoke in SoulSilver. When I looked down and saw the green bird on my screen my jaw dropped and I freaked. XD This is the second fastest non-MM hunt I've ever had (only Amaura was faster at 51 SRs). I really thought this one was going to take months, especially with how slow the SRs are - I can't believe my luck! I named my Rowlet Archer, and he has a Relaxed nature (same as Volcarona, heh) with Overgrow. I'm so glad my first gen 7 shiny was one of my favorites of the new generation. And now my Sun Trial Quest is officially underway! Next stop is Melemele Meadow, hoping for either Cutiefly or Oricorio.

Np. And awesome so far I'm at 330 for SR for shiny treecko in OR and 280 eggs for Minior. Happy holidays!

TheMaster327

Wow, not bad. Wish my owl would turn minty soon. 5,415 SRs at the time of typing. Kill me...

Cyberra

pain in the ***
:D Christmas Eve shiny! After 2,064 eggs, I get a shiny super-size pumpkaboo! Gonna train it a bit, then send it forward to AS. He's impish and mischievous, relatively superior with four max IVs. Speed, however, is not one of them. Meh. Not like I intend to use it competitively. And he got PickUp, which was the ability I wanted.

Edit: And while training pumpkaboo in HP, I find a green zubat. Figures... Zubat is quiet nature and takes plenty of siestas, with Inner Focus. I'll send it forward to AS, too

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I caught a shiny Cubone! It only took me 85 SOS encounters!

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/Yb5eIth.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/Pjpft4J.jpg[/IMG300]

RedJirachi

Veteran member
After some horde hunting, I came across a shiny Hoppip.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'm horde hunting Reflection Cave, wanting a shiny roggenrola to take back to AS. Got a shiny mime jr instead, after 2620 REs/524 hordes. Still looking for that roggenrola. Also got another rare species, a HA carbink, non-shiny.

Mime jr is bashful and capable of taking hits, with Soundproof.

Edit: Second shiny mime jr after 2,870 REs/574 hordes. This one is sassy and mischievous, with Filter. Gonna chuck it into wonder trade.

Last edited:

Keovix

Congratulations to everybody on your shinies!

These are my latest shinies

Comfey shone after 385 encounters, Naive nature and Perfect IV's in HP, Sp. Defense, Attack and Speed.

Cubone after 418 encounters, Rash nature and perfect IV's in Attack, Sp. Defense, Def and Speed.

Vulpix after only 24 encounters, Hardy nature and perfect IV's in HP, Sp. Attack and Defense.

And today I found shiny Alolan Meowth after 364 encounters, Hasty nature and perfect IV's in Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, Defense and Speed. Used a beast ball to capture it makes a nice match with this shiny.

Hopefully I can find a shiny Delibird before the days ends.
Good luck to all those hunting!

Narshen

Rocket Grunt
I had my own sort of "Christmas miracle" today, hatching a perfect shiny Feebas while I wasn't even going for it!

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I got lucky while fishing randomly at the Parfum Palace's pond on X version last night and I hooked a shiny Corphish hee hee. The irony is that I had spent days chain fishing for a shiny Corphish in Omega Ruby in 2014 and now suddenly I found my target in a different game hee hee. Any ways, I'm still doing my shiny Giratina shiny hunt as well and when it's done, I'll begin a shiny Heatran hunt. :3

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to
Synnett on Cutiefly, maldoror on Magikarp, I, Pink Elephant on Caterpie, Samayouryu on Giratina, Gligari on Rowlet, Auraninja on Wimpod, Nintendofan82 on Spearow, Nakashima on Bulbasaur, tonyg44x on Heatran and Magnemite, Atome on Rockruff, Paraqua on Ekans, maldoror on Litten, Yoitsdaffy on Cubone, umbreonfan3636 on Rowlet, Cyberra on Landorus, Rsr57 on Meowth, Boulderash on Wailmer, Kirkeastment on Makuhita, LilyValley on Type: Null and Gumshoos and Popplio, Iwanuq on Popplio, Charoshi on Bonsly, Dibut on Murkrow, Shadow_Lugia_XD001 on Salandit, BlazingRagnarok on Raticate, Echo Nacyl on Hoothoot, Twilit Dragoon on Litten, NintendoFan82 on Miltank, brunocosta1 on Popplio and Petilil, oarfish on Turtonator and Litten, Blood Red Absol on Mareanie, unresponsive on Zubat, Paraqua on Rowlet, LilyValley on Rowlet, Erron Black on Komala, Fairy Witch on Raticate, Azulart on Sandygast and Jangmo-o, Samayouru on Squirtle, Weavy on Mudbray, _Edu on Magikarp, Charoshi on Rowlet, MissEevee on Rowlet, Cyberra on Regice, Marvs on Rowlet, Shiny Lord on both Rowlet and Litten and Popplio, unresponsive on Grimer, Ryohei on Rowlet, Samayouru on Fomantis, Atome on Riolu, Echo Nacyl on Dhelmise, Keovix on Type: Null, ghostlyslug on Golbat, Shiny Lord on Mimikyu, Kung Fu Ferret on Riolu, Ascended Dialga on Zubat, Crimson Penguin on Carbink, Erron Black on Mimikyu, Marvs on Mimikyu and Meowth, Echo Nacyl on Fearow, oarfish on Sandshrew, Completely Insanity on Rowlet, Atome on Riolu, maldoror on Drampa, Hyokaze on Zubat and Lillipup, Dangertrout on Minior, Blastonite on Lillipup and Type: Null and Pelipper, oarfish on Mimikyu, Cyberra on Registeel, Blastonite on Rowlet and both Crabrawler, LilyValley on Litten, Blood Red Absol on Rockruff, Charoshi on Volbeat, AmethystLeslie on Rufflet, Charoshi on Flabebe, Azulart on Wimpod, Manakete-Girl on Cleffa, Weavy on Finneon, Dragon trainer on Zubat, SmartD on Pikipek, Charoshi on Bibarel and Illumise, Echo Nacyl on Rockruff, Drakonekoshi on Jangmo-o, ChaoticInverse on Torchic, Sito on Cutiefly, maldoror on Pikipek and Mimikyu, oarfish on Mareanie, Marvs on Fearow, Sito on Mimikyu and Salandit, Mega Typhlosion on Litten and Bagon, Echo Nacyl on Rockruff, Scherzando on Sneasel, Vessel of Adam on Masquerain, Fulisha Light on Type: Null, ArchangelUnmei on Minior, Blastonite on both Dhelmise, Manakete-Girl on Vulpix, Ampharos_Spark on Litten, SkyMew on Abra, Laurelai on Sandile, Azulart on Rockruff, i2i on Wingull, taufik386 on Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Dhelmise, and Morelull; PokeAmi on Magby and both Salandit, Azulart on Type: Null, Crimson Penguin on Volcorona[/B], Marvs on Wimpod, maldoror on Rockruff, AmethystLeslie on Castform, Scherzando on Rattata, Conquering Storm on Lillipup, Super Pichu Chan on Cutiefly, roule on Delibird, Super Pichu Chan on Rockruff, Dragalge on Passimian, maldoror on Rattata, Italianbaptist on Amoongus, Crimson Penguin on Rowlet, Cyberra on Pumpkaboo, Narshen on Feebas, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, Nakashima :)

-------------

What do you think your favorite shiny of the new Pokemon? My favorites are Baile Oricorio, Palossand and Guzzlord

Rowlet, Rockruff line, Toucannon, Vikavolt, Kommo-o, Tsareena, and Golisopod. There are definitely some other good ones, but those are probably my favorites in terms of both shinies I like and Pokemon I like. Something like Palossand has a really neat shiny, but I’m just not a huge fan of it as a Pokemon. If I were hunting in Sun and Moon, I’d most likely be going after Grubbin first.

-------------

D: I’ve been on a bit of a hiatus recently. I think I was maybe getting a little burned out from hunting anyways, so I guess it was okay timing, but…My laptop broke =\ (Or, rather, I broke my laptop ^_^u) That happened near the end of November, and since it was just the screen having problems, I was sort of able to use it by plugging it into my TV (so I could still use my webcams without having to install them on my other laptop and try to get all the settings right), and then just using my other laptop for everything else.

But after a few days I got around to trying to fix it, ran into some more problems, procrastinated along each step of the way, but finally (after several weeks of not really being able to use it) got it working again without having to buy a new laptop! So hopefully I didn’t screw something else up in the process of fixing it, since I had to take my laptop apart (like all around the motherboard and stuff) and I’m not any sort of computer tech guy.

Anyways, that means I haven’t hunted since Dec. 1st. So it’s been quite a while for someone who normally hunts every day! But it was good to have a break. I ended up breeding some Ekans to eventually use for when I hunt Lugia, but I still have to get that whole team trained up so it’ll still probably be a very long time before I actually hunt it.

I’ve been hunting the last few days since I got my laptop fixed, but apparently I’m still out of luck as I typically am =\ 26,100 REs on Black 2, 9,400 REs on Platinum, and 5,300 REs on HeartGold. A lot of times when I take a short break from hunting, I return and find a shiny pretty soon after, but it looks like not this time…

Good luck, everyone (especially Bumblebee5253, umbreonfan3636, ChaoticInverse, CharlieDoryRose, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
congrats to everyone for your shinies. Hope you had a great christmas. Im still MM hunting minior 290 eggs so far. also SR for a shiny treecko on the side 445 SR so far hope he turns blue soon.