• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Has anyone ever gotten a shiny Delibird on Christmas? Because that would be fitting

Cyberra

pain in the ***
:D I got my roggenrola. After 1,327 hordes/6,635 pokemon seen, the pebble turns purple. Female, lonely nature, somewhat vain, with Sturdy and holding an everstone.

I did get Pokemon Sun for Christmas... Now that I have roggenrola, once I get it and the others moved to AS I can prep for the litten SR

I ran into a shiny Spinarak while working on my dex in Moon, then about 5mins later I ran into it's evo shiny a shiny Ariados, what are the chances of that lol, spinarak is male naive nature Ariados is female serious nature

On a side note does anyone know the odds for type null being shiny with and without charm?

Last edited:

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Got my third BQ shiny last night, about 45 minute too late to call it a Christmas shiny.

For the first time, my target shiny was the one that shone, which was a nice change.

[Img139]https://s27.postimg.org/50k1qofoz/IMG_0890.jpg[/Img139]
[Img139]https://s27.postimg.org/5fvbjp1mb/IMG_0891.jpg[/Img139]

Really glad it was Magnemite and not Minun or Plusle, although I would have been okay with Minun. Plusles shiny is very meh, and I had a very low chance of finding one so I'm glad I got a Magnemite. Plus it fills the void of the steel type shiny I had never caught myself. Now I just need a ghost type.

Good luck to all those hunting and hopefully everyone had a great holiday season!

_Edu

Shiny Hunter
After my first disappointing shiny encounter in Sun -Magikarp-, this last week paid off:

*On Tuesday I got a surprise shiny Bagon in a Beast Ball while breeding for better IVs, funny thing is that he was born while I was testing how long will it take for eggs to hatch in Poké Pelago.

*Yesterday, as a Christmas gift I was going to Blush Mountain to get the Island Scan Rhyhorn and before entering I came across a shiny Alolan Geodude; I like cathing my shinies on Luxury Balls but this thing knows Self-Destruct and I didn't wanted to risk it so I threw the Level Ball becuase I think it matches and it was a critical capture... lolll

Congrats on your shinies, best of luck hunting and happy holidays!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
SO I heard about the whole Masuda Method... method(?) in Sun and Moon that involves soft resetting and Magikarp, never paid much attention to it, but today I was breeding some comp Pokemon for trades and I had a feeling I'd get a shiny that I already had/didn't need so I decided I might as well try it, y'know? I've been trying to get Drampa for a while now and it's been a pain. So I saved, put Ditto and Wishiwashi(The Pokemon I was breeding for a trade) and the first egg was a Shiny! So I soft reset and put Drampa in with my Ditto and finally claimed my Shiny Drampa!!! I'm so glad I listened to my gut this time instead of shrugging it off XD

She's in a Level Ball, Modest with Sap Sipper, and has an IV spread of 31/31/xx/31/31/31, not exactly desirable, I'd rather have the defense and attack swapped, but nothing a bottle cap can't fix! Nicknamed her Falkor and I'm super psyched to use her soon!

Now that I'm done with Drampa, I can move on to my Sandshrew after I get my trades done. I'm currently sitting at 255 encounters for it, hoping I can get it soon. I don't want a long hunt for this one >.<

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
SO I heard about the whole Masuda Method... method(?) in Sun and Moon that involves soft resetting and Magikarp, never paid much attention to it, but today I was breeding some comp Pokemon for trades and I had a feeling I'd get a shiny that I already had/didn't need so I decided I might as well try it, y'know? I've been trying to get Drampa for a while now and it's been a pain. So I saved, put Ditto and Wishiwashi(The Pokemon I was breeding for a trade) and the first egg was a Shiny! So I soft reset and put Drampa in with my Ditto and finally claimed my Shiny Drampa!!! I'm so glad I listened to my gut this time instead of shrugging it off XD

She's in a Level Ball, Modest with Sap Sipper, and has an IV spread of 31/31/xx/31/31/31, not exactly desirable, I'd rather have the defense and attack swapped, but nothing a bottle cap can't fix! Nicknamed her Falkor and I'm super psyched to use her soon!

Now that I'm done with Drampa, I can move on to my Sandshrew after I get my trades done. I'm currently sitting at 255 encounters for it, hoping I can get it soon. I don't want a long hunt for this one >.<

congrats on the shiny drampa :3 which I actually heard about this method but only downfall with this method is ruins the surprise feel of getting the shiny but if you really having a hard time I guess it doesn't hurt ;) I plan to not use this at all because I am a very patient gal as it is now going past 1,000+ eggs and resets for shiny pokes XD

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
So after like 500+ eggs I finally got my shiny target.
In the end it was worth it, because it has these IV"s 31/30/31/31/31/0 with Quiet nature. Perfect if you ask me :)

I chose for Friend Ball to enhance the green tints in Vikavolts pincers, the red and yellow dots on the ball combine well with Shiny vikavolts eyes too !

[img139]https://s24.postimg.org/bn0gh43xx/WIN_20161227_14_46_01_Pro.jpg[/img139]

Atome

Snowy Poochyena
Was looking for a regular magnamite for breeding purposes on the 24th, and was half asleep when I noticed the smeargle I ran into was a little more tan than usual. But unfortunately, since I forgot it had sketch, and had nothing with false swipe or a low enough level to hit it...it nearly struggled to death. I waited until the last possible moment and ended up using the master ball. -sobs-
I guess you'll be my newest sos chaining smeargle.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
congrats on the shiny drampa :3 which I actually heard about this method but only downfall with this method is ruins the surprise feel of getting the shiny but if you really having a hard time I guess it doesn't hurt ;) I plan to not use this at all because I am a very patient gal as it is now going past 1,000+ eggs and resets for shiny pokes XD

I only did it because I already have a Shiny Wishiwashi, if it was something I didn't have I would've kept it :p

I don't plan on using the method unless something like this happens, which will probably be very, very rare. x)

Atome

Snowy Poochyena
Decided to SOS whatever popped up first on route 2, and hours later after punting birds into the sky, my golden girl sparkled!
15625810_1479920852037740_6362796471824306819_o.jpg
A shiny spearow!

FowTech95

Random Passerby
I planned to use a Alolan Raichu Z-Move on a random wild mon because I have nothing to do. I then decided to run into an aggressive mon in Route 2 as my victim but poof, a shiny Makuhita appeared! She then became my victim of a Quick Ball instead.

Atome

Snowy Poochyena
15782637_354519381569157_956465780_n.jpg
Missed the encounter shot and sparkles but I didn't expect the hunt to be over so quickly! Something around 60-70 encounters. It was so fast haha. Now if only my dang MM hunting would work out as nicely >>

Edit: I am screaming? Decided to do some sos'ing before bed and picked eevee because why not and ????
tumblr_oivuuegrZk1uw22pjo3_1280.jpg

GREEN ESPEON LIKE DANG

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
View attachment 16411
Missed the encounter shot and sparkles but I didn't expect the hunt to be over so quickly! Something around 60-70 encounters. It was so fast haha. Now if only my dang MM hunting would work out as nicely >>

Edit: I am screaming? Decided to do some sos'ing before bed and picked eevee because why not and ????
tumblr_oivuuegrZk1uw22pjo3_1280.jpg

GREEN ESPEON LIKE DANG

WOW that is a very unique sitaution, I give you that :D
Congrants !!

EDIT: Shiny hunt completed ! Took me around 120 Eggs this time.

[img139]https://s28.postimg.org/j5drohkwd/WIN_20161228_10_49_16_Pro.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
so like I was breeding last night and 36 eggs in this little gal pops out XD I was about to mm her soon too XD yeah the speed is like 0 but I can just bottle cap it ;)

http://i.imgur.com/OTEQtX9.jpg

Last edited:

Echo Nacyl

Been sick the last few days, but did manage a shiny Mankey at a SOS chain of 50 the other day. Going to return to breeding Wimpod/Cutiefly when I feel better, assuming I don't lose myself in playing Moon (once I find a place to buy it)

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Been a while since the last time I was here, got a lot of shinies.

Wanted to say that I finally got my first masuda shiny, which is Mimikyu! (12.500+ Eggs if you count all my failed adventures with shiny charm and masuda method)

I only caught a shiny Psyduck, Mankey, Zubat (Crobat now), Bonsly and Cubone these few days with chaining.

So I guess, community hunt completed x6.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
After my first disappointing shiny encounter in Sun -Magikarp-, this last week paid off:

*On Tuesday I got a surprise shiny Bagon in a Beast Ball while breeding for better IVs, funny thing is that he was born while I was testing how long will it take for eggs to hatch in Poké Pelago.

*Yesterday, as a Christmas gift I was going to Blush Mountain to get the Island Scan Rhyhorn and before entering I came across a shiny Alolan Geodude; I like cathing my shinies on Luxury Balls but this thing knows Self-Destruct and I didn't wanted to risk it so I threw the Level Ball becuase I think it matches and it was a critical capture... lolll

Congrats on your shinies, best of luck hunting and happy holidays!

There's something extremely satisfying at succesfully capturing a Pokemon who can remove itself from battle